"It's a fucking exploitation film! EXPLOIT something!!"
Brad Jones is The Cinema Snob
, a parody of snotty art-film lovers
who hates every movie that isn't True Art
. He naturally reviews mostly exploitation films
and obscure foreign knockoff films
He also produces and hosts several other series on his website, including:
- Kung Tai Ted - Where he dissects classic martial-arts B-movie fight scenes as the titular martial artist wannabe.
- The Big Box - In which Brad plays Vic Dealio, a sleazy infomercial host hawking eighties movies from the era when VHS tapes came in big plastic clamshell cases, co-hosted by the well-endowed Big Box Model (played by his ex-wife Jillian).
- The Bruno Mattei Show - A series of roundtable discussions on one of Italy's more infamous exploitation directors.
- Softly From Cable - So far his only show where he himself does not have a starring role, showcasing classic late-night skinemax films from The Nineties.
- Brad Tries... - An impromptu series where Brad (as himself) samples various novelty foods, particularly long-since-discontinued soft drinks, often with his wife and friends.
- Flaming Brian's Kitchen - Brad, Brian Lewis, and various others try hot sauces.
- Drunk Brian Tries - Brian Lewis gets drunk off his ass as the the rest of Team Snob push bizarre alcoholic beverages on him.
- The Hooker with a Heart of Gold - A mini series that takes the trope of the same name literally as it follows a well meaning prostitute who is brought back to life by a lonely doctor with a revolutionary robotic heart.
- Eighties Dan - A sitcom parody where Brad, as the title character, reviews obscure shows and products from The Eighties with his roommate and neighbors, and a ROB robot who has a crush on the neighbor's wife.
- Brad and Jerrid - Fictionalized versions of Brad and friend Jerrid do random things.
- Brad and Irving - Same as above, but with Brian Irving replacing Jerrid Foiles after they had a falling out.
- Brad and Jerrid appear to have patched up their differences, as Jerrid has started appearing on Cinema Snob episodes since October 2012.
- DVD-R Hell - Where Brad (as himself) reviews failed pilots, educational films and TV specials that are available only on bootlegged DVDs.
- Midnight Screenings - In which Brad and his friendsnote go to see the midnight screenings of various new movies and review them immediately after seeing them.
- Radiodrome - A pop culture opinion podcast hosted by Josh Hadley, featuring Brad and friends. Brad left in 2013, and started a new series, called...
- The Random Button, a podcast where Brad and (usually) one of the persons from his team (who also participate in the Midnight Screenings) review a random movie found on Netflix or other formats.
He is also co-starring in Ninja The Mission Force
, a series by Dark Maze Studios
which parodies the ninja films of Godfrey Ho
and other 80s "ninjasploitation" films. He wrote and starred in a number of independent films, including Paranoia
. The Cinema Snob Movie
, an origin story co-starring Glaser and Noah Antwiler
(along with most of Team Snob) was released on September 27th, 2012.
Man has the voice of a young Jack Nicholson
, and is a featured contributor on That Guy with the Glasses
The Cinema Snob's trope list has gotten so long that it has been split into three pages: