The first movie has examples of:
- Always Identical Twins: Averted to hell.
- Asshole Victim: The back alley doctors who separated the two, plus one of Duane's neighbors who tries to rob his hotel room, and a guy in a movie theater who tries to steal Belial's basket.
- Big Eater: Belial sure can polish off a lot of burger patties.
- Conjoined Twins: Duane and Belial, until they were separated.
- Fan Disservice: Let us admit it: the overweight and not in her prime Beverly Bonner is not exactly third page material. Luckily she removes her bra offscreen.
- Fanservice: Sharon gets a extended topless scene in the first film
- Male Frontal Nudity: Duane dreams to be roaming the streets of New York totally naked. It is kind of disturbing, as we see his penis buoncing up and down while he runs.
- Meaningful Name: Belial is the name of a demon.
- Names to Run Away from Really Fast: When you're called Belial—the name of a demon—it is obvious you're not going to be much of a party man.
- Rape as Drama: Belial rapes and kills Sharon.
- Rape Is a Special Kind of Evil: Belial's raping of Sharon makes Duane tell he's had enough of him.
- Red Eyes, Take Warning: Belial's eyes glow red when he is having evil thoughts.
- Shout-Out: In the music video of The Rolling Stones' "Too Much Blood" from their album Undercover a young girl is watching this film on TV.
- Twin Telepathy: When they were still joined, Duane and Belial were able to talk to each other with their minds. After their separation, only Belial is able to do this.
Basket Case 2 has examples of:
- Bread, Eggs, Milk, Squick: This exchange between Duane and the reporter who threatened Belial along with his fellow freaks.Duane Bradley: He figured you could ask him a few questions, get to know him a little bit. Then he could rip your face off. No big deal.
- Face–Heel Turn: Although Duane originally just wanted to get revenge on the doctors who forcibly separated him from Belial, he is obviously shocked from the latter raping Sharon and tries to get rid of him. From this sequel onwards, he turns cold-blooded and has no qualms for letting people die for trivial reasons.
- Homage: The film seems to homage the original Freaks film and the horror comic Beautiful Freak.
- Longest Pregnancy Ever: In her words, Susan is pregnant (and not showing at all), and has been for the last six years.
- Sliding Scale of Comedy and Horror: The first film is dark and gritty. This and and the next sequel is sillier and introduce some humor (although dark.)
- Spotlight-Stealing Squad: Granny and the other freaks.
- Two-Part Trilogy: This and the next films are more similar in tone and share more cast with each other than they do with the first film.
- Villain Protagonist: Duane and Belial become this by this film.
The Progeny has examples of:
- Babies Ever After: Basis of the film, as Belial's lady love gives birth to their offspring.
- Grounded Forever: After the Sheriff catches his daughter Opal putting on a dominatrix outfit and routine for Duane:Sheriff: Cause you are grounded little miss! You are grounded for the next ten years! And no more car, and no more allowance, and you can forget about that pony I promised you!
- Fanservice: Opal puts on a dominatrix outfit.
- Mini-Mecha: Belial gets one, allowing him to battle the Sheriff.
- Move Along, Nothing to See Here: The placard on the traveling freaks' refurbished school bus reads "No One You Know".