Film: Hellraiser: Deader
Deader is the seventh Hellraiser film, released in 2005.Amy Klein has come to Bucharest to investigate a cult called the Deaders. She then gets involved in a plot by cultist's leader, who wants to take over the Cenobites' realm.
Deader has the examples of:
- Badass Boast: Winter tries, convinced right up to the end that he's laid claim to the box's power. Pinhead is unimpressed.Winter: You cannot harm me.
Pinhead: Oh you're not the first person to say that. And you won't be the last.
- Came Back Wrong: While most of the Deaders look like disheveled people with some injury relating to their death, Marla looks like an outright rotting zombie; apparently her lack of faith in Winter is the cause of this.
- Cute Monster Girl: Marla (depending on how rotten she is in a particular scene).
- Deleted Scene: There was a scene featuring the Spike Cenobite, a Cenobite that has a large metal spike inserted through its head and taking up most of its cranial space.
- Downer Ending: Amy Klein may not have been taken by Cenobites, but she's still dead.
- Going for the Big Scoop: Amy.
- Parental Incest: Flashbacks implicate that Amy was sexually abused by her father.
- Religion of Evil: The cult of the Deaders.
- Shmuck Bait: Amy finds the several day old corpse of a young woman with a packet near her body and the Lament Configuration in her stiffened hand. After retrieving both, the journalist watched a video tape from the packet in which the dead woman instructs her, with quite a large degree of urgency, to not open the box. Mere seconds after finishing the tape, she opens the box.
- Sinister Subway: Amy enters this at one point.