Film / Bloody Birthday
is a 1981 slasher
horror film about three sociopathic children born under an eclipse as foretold that anyone born under an eclipse of Saturn would have a personality flaw, the children are Debbie, Curtis, and Steven, Joyce Russel and her brother Timmy must work together to stop their murderous rampage.
Tropes featured in this film include:
- Adults Are Useless: Apparently, everybody above the age of twelve carries the Idiot Ball at all times.
- Ax-Crazy: All three children, Curtis in particular.
- Batter Up: Steven beats Debbie's father Sheriff Brodie to death with a baseball bat
- Cassandra Truth: Nobody believes Joyce and Timmy that Debbie, Curtis, and Steven are killers.
- Chivalrous Pervert: Curtis is quite perverted for someone who's only ten years old.
- Creepy Child: The three main children when they're not trying to be cute.
- Creepy Clown: The birthday clown wearing a "I Just Can't So No" T-shirt.
- Disproportionate Retribution: They murder their teacher Ms. Davis because she won't allow them a day off from homework for their birthday parties.
- Enfant Terrible: The three children were sociopaths from birth.
- Eye Scream: Beverly gets an arrow through the eye by her psychotic younger sister Debbie.
- Karma Houdini: Curtis and Steven are arrested while Debbie escapes with her mother under a new identity so she can continue to murder.
- Lack of Empathy: The three murderous kids were born during an eclipse of Saturn, which removed all of their emotions.
- Ms. Fanservice: MTV's Julie Brown. (No, not Downtown Julie, the other one.)
- Nerd Glasses: Curtis who is one of the most intelligent children in the film wears a pair of these.
- Too Dumb to Live: Even though she knew about the peephole Debbie set up Beverly never thinks to cover it up, which results in her death.
- Wounded Gazelle Gambit: Curtis abuses this when Joyce tries to uncover their crimes.