Adapted and edited for television from a shorter 1963 movie called Madmen of Mandoras, They Saved Hitler's Brain is a 1969 tv movie about exactly what you think it is.
Tropes appearing in this film:
- Argentina Is Naziland: The Nazis are plotting in the fictional country Mandoras.
- Artistic License – History: That's not how Hitler died.note
- Losing Your Head: Hitler's head got saved, too.
- Spoiler Title: In Madmen of Mandoras (aka The Amazing Mr. H.), it was supposed to be a big reveal near the end.
- Stock Footage: Most of the movie is just Madmen of Mandoras, with a half hour of additional footage shot years later. Even without considering that, though, there's lots of other random stock footage about the war and an elephant.
- This leads to a very weird effect concerning differences in film stock & fashion. Everybody in the older portion has that◊ clean-cut◊, "Mad Men" thing going while the newer footage has folks◊ clearly◊ from the late Sixties. The Late-60's footage is also like a home movie & amateurish while the older footage is a lot more professional, like from an actual movie studio. One minute you're watching some guy with a feathered shag & Porn Stache and his full-figured go-go girl agent friend getting pursued and dispatched by a mustached Jake Blues clone. The next minute, everybody looks like Don Draper or Doris Day.