The Last Shark
(Italian title: L'ultimo squalo
) is an Italian horror film "influenced by" Jaws
This film contains examples of:
- Ashes to Crashes: Ron's corpse is fed to the shark, because Peter knows the shark will be killed by what's inside of Ron.
- California Doubling: Some Italian movies set in America were actually entirely filmed there (such as Impatto mortale and Thunder); this one was shot in Georgia... and Malta.
- Dolled-Up Installment: The film was released in Spain, Brazil and Japan as a part of the Jaws series. Which is one of several reasons why Universal took the film's American distributors to court in a (successful) bid to have it pulled from cinemas.
- Stock Footage: When not portrayed by an animatronic, the shark is represented by documentary footage.
- Threatening Shark: Both has one as an antagonistic force in-universe and was viciously attacked by them in Real Life.