3 Dev Adam (lit. Three Big Men, aka informally Turkish Spider-Man or Captain America and Santo vs. Spider-Man) is a Turkish action Cult Film from 1973. It's about Captain America and El Santo fighting together in order to stop the evil criminal mastermind, er... Spider-Man. Yup, it's that kind of movie.Of course, the characters were used without permission from their owners, and some of them have little in common with their original counterparts. Perhaps the most important things to highlight are that Captain America now has no shield, and Spider-Man is a bad guy who wants to create counterfeit dollars For the Evulz.For the curious, there's an in-depth review with lots of pictures here.
This film provides examples of:
- Adaptational Villainy: Yes, everyone can turn Spider-Man into a mass murdering thief without any superpowers. It's that easy.
- Arson, Murder, and Jaywalking: Spidey kills a showering couple, and then steal some small statuette.
- Ass Shove: Santo has a weird habit of putting this in his pants. What, couldn't afford pockets?
- Ax-Crazy: Spidey, again.
- Big Bad: Spider-Man, of all people.
- Bloodier and Gorier: The movie has a lot of blood and sadistic violence — certainly far more than its source material.
- Canon Foreigner: Julia, Captain America's girlfriend.
- Cold-Blooded Torture: See below.
- Cruel and Unusual Death: The evil Spider-Man brutally kills people by thrusting boat propellors into them, or feeding them to blood thirsty guinea pigs. You read that right; man eating guinea pigs.
- Cool Car: Painfully averted, Spidey drives some random normal car. One of its wheelcaps are even missing.
- Crossover: In some bizarre way, this is a Crossover between El Santo and the Marvel Universe.
- Evil Laugh: If you could say anything good about this Spiderman, its that he pulls off a hamtastic villainous chuckle.
- In-Name-Only: EVIL Spider-Man, just for starters. He's now the (visibly overweight) sadistic leader of a gang who delights in killing his enemies via boat propellers, switchblades, and bloodthirsty guinea pigs. He also has the ability to return from the dead, either via cloning, or by magically creating a new body for himself (it's never explained how he does it). There's also his freakishly-huge eyebrows.
- Also, Santo rarely wears his silver mask whereas in authentic Santo films (and Santo in real life), he never took the mask off.
- Captain America shield is gone, and is seen smoking in one scene. During the final battle with Spiderman, he doesn't even wear his cap with the rest of his uniform being tucked under a Hawaïan shirt.
- Mockbuster: It's an extremely unauthorized attempt to cash in on the fame of three famous superheroes.
- No OSHA Compliance: The factory where Evil Spider-Man is killed multiple times at has no protection, leading to said gruesome deaths.