"It seems every year I'm at camp someone loses their head."Sleepaway Camp III: Teenage Wasteland
is a Slasher Movie
released in 1989. Shot back-to-back with its predecessor
, it follows Angela infiltrating a group of campers to continue to exact her brand of "niceness".Another sequel
was made... but not without problems.
This film has the examples of:
- Adults Are Useless: The adults in charge don't even notice that their campers (and each other) are rapidly disappearing, but this can be partly chalked up to the fact that they'd been split into three teams and separated from one another. Still, the uselessness of the two is a big reason why they die.
- Car Fu: Angel drives over Maria with a garbage truck, and then proceeds to hide and crush her body in its compactor.
- Carry a Big Stick: Angela interrupts Jan and Herman having sex in a tent, and starts beating and stabbing them with a stick. Snowboy gets the same treatment later.
- Cruel and Unusual Death: Angela kills Lily by burying her up the neck and lifting a running lawnmower up and slammed it down on her head.
- Dead Person Impersonation: Angela steals Maria's identity to infiltrate the New Horizons Camp.
- Decoy Protagonist: The opening makes it seem that we'll be following Maria, but then Angela kills her.
- Eye Scream: A cop who's looking over Angela in the ambulance gets a syringe in the eye.
- Final Girl: Averted with Marcia, who isn't sole survivor. She isn't as wholesome as she appears either, as she reveals to her supposed Love Interest Tony that she "kinda" has a boyfriend already.
- Fishing for Sole: Angela manages to fish out a hockey mask from the water. Right afterward it's remarked that the date is Saturday the 14th.
- Riff, Snowboy, and pretty much all of the campers.
- Averted by Greg and Anita, even Angela says that they're nice kids. She still kills them anyway, only because she considers them boring.
- Karmic Death: Peter is killed by his own fireworks that he used to scare Angela earlier. She stuffs one into his nose as he sleeps, and lits fuse.
- Shout-Out: Six of the characters are named after The Brady Bunch kids and we also get a few kids named after characters from West Side Story including the disguised Angela going incognito "as Maria"
- Straight Edge Evil: Angela does not smoke, drink, or use illegal drugs and if she catches doing any of those things, look out!
- Token Minority: Each group of campers has at least one African-American and one Asian-American.
- Unwilling Suspension: Angela does this to Cindy by hoisting her up a flagpole. She then lets go of the rope, causing her to die by falling..
- You Killed My Father: Turns out Sean from the second movie had a vengeful father (he is not The Hero so he is killed anticlimacticly after confronting Angela)
- What Happened to the Mouse?: Tawny the reporter confirms the Camp Rolling Hills massacre death count at 19, meaning Molly didn't survive the previous movie.