"It seems every year I'm at camp someone loses their head."Sleepaway Camp III: Teenage Wasteland is a Slasher Movie released in 1989. Shot back-to-back with its predecessor, it follows Angela infiltrating a group of campers to continue to exact her brand of "niceness".Another sequel was made... but not without problems.
This film has the examples of:
- Adults Are Useless: The adults in charge don't even notice that their campers (and each other) are rapidly disappearing, but this can be partly chalked up to the fact that they'd been split into three teams and separated from one another. Still, the uselessness of the two is a big reason why they die.
- Car Fu: Angel drives over Maria with a garbage truck, and then proceeds to hide and crush her body in its compactor.
- Carry a Big Stick: Angela interrupts Jan and Herman having sex in a tent, and starts beating and stabbing them with a stick. Snowboy gets the same treatment later.
- Cruel and Unusual Death: Angela kills Lily by burying her up the neck and lifting a running lawnmower up and slammed it down on her head.
- Dead Person Impersonation: Angela steals Maria's identity to infiltrate the New Horizons Camp.
- Decoy Protagonist: The opening makes it seem that we'll be following Maria, but then Angela kills her.
- Eye Scream: A cop who's looking over Angela in the ambulance gets a syringe in the eye.
- Final Girl: Averted with Marcia, who isn't the sole survivor. She isn't as wholesome as she appears either, as she reveals to her supposed Love Interest Tony that she "kinda" has a boyfriend already.
- Fishing for Sole: Angela manages to fish out a hockey mask from the water. Right afterward it's remarked that the date is Saturday the 14th.
- Gangbanger Riff, pranksters Snowboy and Peter, biker girl Arab, sex kitten Jan, privileged snob Bobby, racist Cindy.
- Averted by Greg and Anita, even Angela says that they're nice kids. She still kills them anyway, only because she considers them boring.
- Also averted by Marcia and Tony, the sole survivors of the massacre.
- Karmic Death: Peter is killed by his own fireworks that he used to scare Angela earlier. She stuffs one into his nose as he sleeps, and lits fuse.
- N-Word Privileges: Two instances where this is disregarded. One from Riff (a black camper) to Tony (a latino). Another with Cindy (a white Southern girl) to Riff.
- Numbered Sequels: With a subtitle.
- Off with His Head!: Angela kicks Arab inside a tent, and chops off her head as she tries to crawls out of it.
- Pet the Dog: Angela decides to let Marcia and Tony live at the end of the film. This comes back to bite her in the ass when Marcia attacks and (possibly) kills her.
- Shipper on Deck: Angela lets Marcia and Tony go because she thinks they look like a nice couple.
- Straight Edge Evil: Angela does not smoke, drink, or use illegal drugs and if she catches doing any of those things, look out!
- Token Minority: Each group of campers has at least one African-American and one Asian-American.
- Unwilling Suspension: Angela does this to Cindy by hoisting her up a flagpole. She then lets go of the rope, causing her to die by falling..
- You Killed My Father: Turns out Sean from the second movie had a vengeful father (he is not The Hero so he is killed anticlimactically after confronting Angela)
- What Happened to the Mouse?: Tawny the reporter confirms the Camp Rolling Hills massacre death count at 19, meaning Molly didn't survive the previous movie.