Film: Return to Sleepaway Camp
The Sleepaway Camp
series got sudden revival in the late 2000s as the original director, Robert Hiltzik, decide to make more sequels, which ignore
the three previous films.Return to Sleepaway Camp
, which was released in 2008, follows yet another summer camp where people mysteriously start to turn up dead. Identity of the killer is kept as a mystery just as in the original film
, but it still retains some comedic elements from previous films.
Hiltzik has planned more continuation, with Sleepaway Camp Reunion
being the next in line.
This film has the examples of:
- For the Evulz: Michael and Vinnie skin frogs because it's cool.
- Groin Attack: Randy gets his penis ripped off with fishing line and a jeep.
- Jerkass: Just about everyone, but especially our protagonist Alan.
- Kick the Frog: Immediately after Alan tells him that he considers the local frogs his friends, Michael boots one through the air. He and a friend later skin a bunch alive and dump them on Alan.
- Kill It with Fire: Weed and Stan get barbecued.
- Only Known by Their Nickname: Weed and Pee-Pee.
- Punctuated Pounding: Micheal screams "NO! MORE! LIEEEEES!!!! as he beats Alan to near death at the end.
- Shout-Out: Randy, when Linda thinks someone is following them through the forest, cracks a joke about "the Cropsy maniac".
- The Stinger: It shows Angela killing the real sheriff, explaining how she got all her cop stuff.