"I told the others, they didn't believe me. You're all doomed. You're all doomed."
— Crazy Ralph
The second Friday the 13th
Five years have passed since the events of the first film, and another entrepreneur is preparing to open a new summer camp in the woods next to Crystal Lake. However, Jason, now fully grown up, is prowling the grounds and starts killing people around the area.
This film has examples of:
- The Alleged Car: Ginny's car, which works as a justification for the My Car Hates Me moment later on.
- Axe Before Entering: When Ginny barricades herself inside Jason's shrine, he starts attacking the door with a mining pick.
- Bare Your Midriff: Terry.
- Bring Me My Brown Pants: Ginny wets herself while trying to hide from Jason, not because he might catch her though, but because she saw a mouse.
- Billing Displacement: Adrienne King gets a third billing, even though she has less than 10 minutes of screentime and most of that is just a flashback to the first film.
- Bury Your Disabled: Mark's fate.
- Cat Scare: Random cat scares Alice before Jason "picks" her.
- The Cavalry Arrives Late: As in the first film, police officers don't arrive at the campgrounds until well after Jason has slaughtered everyone except for the Final Girl and been seen off himself.
- Caught in a Snare: Scott is caught in a snare and his throat is slashed by Jason while he's hanging upside down.
- Chainsaw Good: Ginny brandishes a chainsaw briefly to defend herself.
- Chairman of the Brawl: Ginny breaks a chair over Jason's head. Then she runs away.
- Chekhov's Skill: Ginny's child psychology studies.
- Covers Always Lie: The poster and home video art show Jason's silhouette holding an axe. Jason doesn't use an axe in this movie.
- Dangerous Windows: Ginny tries to escape by going though a window, but Jason is way ahead of her and tries to grab her through it.
- Dead Person Impersonation: Ginny impersonates Jason's mother to distract him long enough to strike him with a machete.
- Death by Sex / Impaled with Extreme Prejudice: Jeff and Sandra. More like death DURING sex actually.
- Decoy Protagonist: Alice bites it in the first scene.
- Jeff and Sandra also seem to be introduced as the protagonists until Ginny is introduced, when the story follows her.
- Dramatic Thunder: Used when we get the first good look on masked Jason.
- Drop the Hammer: Jason kills the unnamed officer by hitting his skull with a nail-removing side of a hammer.
- Feet-First Introduction: The film starts with a closeup on some kid's feet, who's jumping in rain puddles. After the kid is called away by her mother, the camera starts following Jason's footsteps as he closes in on Alice's apartment.
- Final Girl: Ginny.
- Flashback Nightmare: Opening shows Alice having nightmare's from the first film's events.
- Gender-Blender Name: Terry.
- Ghost Story: The basic outline of Jason and certain elements from both the start of the film and the last film (namely, the death of Mrs. Voorhees and the mysterious disappearance of Alice) are recounted around a campfire as one of these.
- Gone Swimming, Clothes Stolen: Scott does this to Terry when she goes for a night swim.
- Groin Attack: Ginny kicks Jason in the balls.
- Hand or Object Underwear: When Terry comes out of the water for the above mentioned swim and realizes her clothes were missing, she crosses her arms over her chest. Apparently, the fact that her bare groin was out of frame was enough to cover that too.
- Hostile Weather: It starts raining and thundering around the time when Jason starts killing those who stayed in the camp and didn't go to town.
- Instant Thunder
- Kick the Dog: Jason rips apart Muffin, a harmless terrier dog that belongs to one of the counselors who ultimately stays behind and gets killed herself, simply because he can.
- This is ambiguous and hinted against, since an identical dog shows up at the end of the film.
- Living Prop: Many counselors have no lines or names.
- Male Gaze: We get a long camera shot centered on Terry's behind.
- Ms. Fanservice: Terry. Revealing clothing? Check. No bra on cold nights? Check. Gratuitous skinny dipping scene? Ooh, yeah.
- Sandra to a lesser degree. She also wears no bra, but her breasts are larger, so we also get some nice Gainaxing.
- Mummies at the Dinner Table: Jason keeps his mother's severed head around.
- Out with a Bang: Jeff and Sandra.
- Peek-A-Boo Corpse: Ginny finds Crazy Ralph's corpse in a closet.
- The Peeping Tom: Crazy Ralph while watching Ginny and Paul.
- Powerful Pick: Jason's very first kill in the second movie is Alice, the Final Girl of the first movie, whom he kills with an icepick. His third kill is with a mining pick, when the nameless officer foolishly chases him all the way to his own cabin. Finally, as mentioned above, Jason tries to use a mining pick to break through to kill Ginny.
- Stalker Shrine: Jason has one for his mother, which also doubles as his Trophy Room.
- Sudden Sequel Death Syndrome: The two surviving characters from the first movie (Alice and Crazy Ralph) are Jason's victims number one and two.
- Super Window Jump: Jason performs it in the end. Or does he?
- Summer Campy
- Token Minority: One black dude and a Asian lady(who have no lines) can be seen among the counselors.
- What Happened to the Mouse?: The exact fate of Paul.
- However, Abel in the next film shows the protagonists an eyeball he found "with other parts of the body". The body in question may have been Paul.