open/close all folders
Film - Live Action
- Batman Begins: Jonathan Crane, in his persona as Scarecrow, just wears a burlap sack on his head along with ordinary civilian clothes (rather than his full Scary Scarecrow costume from the original comics).
- Friday the 13th Part 2: When Jason Voorhees first took up the machete as one of slasher horror's more iconic villains, he wore a sack with a single eyehole tied around his neck with a bit of rope to hide his monstrous deformity. It wasn't until the next movie, Friday the 13th Part III, that he would receive his iconic hockey mask.
- Nightbreed: When he moonlights as a serial killer, Doctor Decker wears a drab-looking scarecrow mask that visually clashes with his neat business suit.
- The Strangers: The crux of the film is a home invasion by a masked trio, one of whom (credited simply as The Masked Man) combines a suit and tie with a burlap sack, with a smile drawn on in marker, over his head.
- The Town That Dreaded Sundown: The Phantom is never seen without a burlap gunnysack with eye holes covering his head. The film is Based on a True Story with the real life suspect being described as wearing a white mask with eyeholes cut into it.
- Triangle: Jess and her friends are stalked and murdered by a mysterious person wearing a burlap sack mask before a Dramatic Unmask. The killer is an iteration of Jess at a different point in the "Groundhog Day" Loop concealing her identity from herself and friends.
- Trick 'r Treat: Sam wears a burlap sack with buttons sewn on for eyes and a stitched on mouth as a trick-or-treater mask. He is actually a demonic embodiment of the spirit of halloween with a pumpkin like skull beneath the mask.
- Dark Souls I: The Butchers, a pair of massive and tough enemies in the Undead Burg Depths, ambush you with their giant cleavers and wear sacks on their heads. You can loot such a sack from their bodies and wear it yourself, although it offers next to no protection. Further down in Blighttown, there is also an NPC invader named Man-eater Mildred, who likewise wears a sack on her head and wields a Butcher cleaver. All three of them are said to be cannibals, and the first Butcher is introduced hacking away at what is very likely human meat.
- DUSK: The Leathernecks, burly men in overalls with potato sacks on their heads, are the first enemy encountered in the game when a group of them try to dice you up in a basement with chainsaws.
- Resident Evil 4: The Chainsaw Men are sack wearing villagers who featured heavily in the marketing for the game. Infected with a malevolent parasite and controlled by the local cult, they are much more durable than the common Ganado enemy. They charge and slash at Leon, decapitating him if the player fails to Press X to Not Die.
- Romancing SaGa 3 has a high level undead enemy called Carpenter that resembles a burly shirtless guy wearing a potato sack on his head and wielding a large serrated sword.
- Splatterhouse has Biggy Man, a giant bloody ogre with a burlap sack covering his face and chainsaws grafted to his arm stumps.