Greetings and welcome.
Russian, 24 years old, in the middle of quarter-life crisis (looking for job, skills of a someone fresh from college, little to no direction in life). Have a great (but, for some unknown reason, purely theoretical) interest for role-playing games. Also enjoy reading (both fantasy and educational), and western CRPGs
. Like horse-riding (despite being bad at it), singing and playing guitar (despite being very
bad at it). Prefer the works which are more idealistic than cynical and more funny than serious. Not that I mind an occasional Tearjerker
, Knights in Shining Armour
and Eldritch Abominations
(because everything is better with an Eldritch Abomination, right?). Hate Downer Endings
and Crapsack Worlds
Added a few examples here and there, but no new pages, being way too shy to do that. Perhaps it'll change one day.
Oh, and I am not good at describing myself, so - feel free to add anything you deem appropriate.
When I do decribe myself, I think of the following:
In addition to that (or in contradiction, perhaps) my online persona tends to display the qualities of
open/close all folders
- J. R. R. Tolkien - Of course
- Lovecraft - Love his Eldritch Abominations, if not the quality of the text itself=)
- Richard Bach - If I could choose my belief, that would be it
- Terry Pratchett
- Alice, Girl from the Future - Hey, that's what this one grew up on, after all
- Brother Cadfael
- Codex Alera
- Conan the Barbarian - Never expected myself to like it, yet, for some strange reason, I do.
- Ciaphas Cain - HERO OF THE IMPERIUM!!! Seriosly, it is impossible not to like him
- The Dark Elf Trilogy - Ok, ok, I know, Drizzt bashing is popular. No, that doesn't stop me from liking the series.
- The Deed of Paksenarrion - Finally someone portrays paladins right
- The Dresden Files
- The Elenium
- Joanna Chmielewska
- Judge Dee
- Kushiel's Legacy
- Labyrinths of Echo - A good series with an interesting philosophy. If one does not mind Mary Sue of unparallelled proportions, that is. This one does not mind=)
- Myth Adventures - The first few books, anyway
- Orlando Furioso
- The Empire Trilogy - Don't have any great interest in the rest of the cycle, though
- The Thrawn Trilogy / Hand of Thrawn / X-Wing Series - but nothing else of Expanded Universe, please
Live Action TV
Manga and Anime
Vandalism, and general comments
- Incorruptible Pure Pureness - It is something this one wants to believe in. That it is possible to remain a good person, no matter that the world throws at you.
- Dark Is Not Evil - Because it isn't
- Defiant to the End
- Did You Just Punch Out Cthulhu?
- Did We Just Have Tea with Cthulhu? - Both of these two are nice in their own ways
- Honour Before Reason - This, too, is something this one wishes to believe. That principles should not be cast aside the moment they become inconvenient. That the ends do not justify the means.
- I Gave My Word
- Worthy Opponent - Just because you happen to be enemies does not mean that you can't both be fairly decent creatures
- Friendly Enemy - And it does not mean that you can't be fond of each other (not nessesary in this way)
- Too Spicy for Yog Sothoth
- Pity the Kidnapper
- Play-Along Prisoner
- Heel-Face Turn - Again, something this one wished to believe.
- Lima Syndrome - But not the Stockholm one, unless it's mutual
- Made a Slave - Not with Happiness in Slavery, though.
- Power of Trust - And all the assotiated tropes, like Kill Me Now or Forever Stay Your Hand
- Talking the Monster to Death - Hey, sometimes it's more fun than beating them up with a heavy object
- Noble Demon
- A Father to His Men
- First-Person Smartass - Preferred mode of narration
- Good Is Not Dumb - Wish that more authors understood that
- Scheherezade Gambit
- Guile Hero
- Minion with an F in Evil - They're so adorable
- Major Injury Underreaction
- Casual Danger Dialog
- I Owe You My Life
- Humans Are Cthulhu - Well, we are
- Humans Through Alien Eyes - Because being "normal" is subjective
- Enemy Mine - (sigh) Ep, yep, this one likes some strange relationships with enemies
- Fire-Forged Friends - The only true kind
- Lovecraft Lite
- And, of course, Crowning Moments of Awesome, Heartwarming, Funny, Badasses and masters of Xanatos Gambits, but hey, who doesn't?