A somewhat idealistic geeky 26-year-old Russian (though not considering herself culturally Russian), full-time programmer and part-time troper, with a penchant for Speculative Fiction, roleplaying, free software, long-winded Seinfeldian Conversations, and breaking patterns in people's minds to force them to think outside the box. Particularly interested in personal identity and especially gender identity, for reasons.
Also known as lucidfox, except for this wiki, because I created this account before changing to the new nickname everywhere else.
Since finding this wiki, I tend to overanalyze stuff. Especially of interest to me are The Oldest Ones in the Book and subversions.
Tropes that apply or seem to apply to me:
- Beware the Nice Ones
- Blunt Metaphors Trauma: sometimes occurs with English metaphors I'm unfamiliar with as a non-native speaker
- Brutal Honesty (and Beware the Honest Ones)
- Bunny-Ears Lawyer
- Catchphrase: changed many over the years.
- Covert Pervert
- Creek Moment: Happens distirbungly often after I work on a certain problem for hours to no avail.
- Eloquent in My Native Tongue: inverted; I often speak my native language (Russian) clumsily because I think in English and sometimes don't know Russian translations of certain English words, and because it's harder to dance around gender-specific grammar in Russian.
- Face Palm
- Fascinating Eyebrow
- Grammar Nazi: for both Russian and English.
- Picky Eater: I only eat a rather narrow selection of foods.
- Pollyanna: most of the time, although when I do snap from the overwhelming circumstances, it's not a pretty sight.
- Putting On My Thinking Cap: walking around the apartment.
- Rousseau Was Right
- Secret Identity Identity
- Spock Speak and Sesquipedalian Loquaciousness: I love talking like that, along with the occasional Expospeak Gag. And I can't bring myself to use slang words even in contexts where it would make the most sense.
- Tranquil Fury
- What Is This Feeling?
- Wide-Eyed Idealist
- Write Who You Know
- Yuri Fangirl
Personal Dis Continuity:
- Stargate SG-1 has eight seasons. The Ori were Daniel's bad dream, and Ben Browder and Claudia Black most definitely never starred in Fargate FG-1 or Starscape SS-1. Also, no Stargate episodes are named "Emancipation", "Brief Candle" or "Bane", and alternate universes and time travel don't exist.
- Doctor Who: Rose is still stuck in the Alternate Universe and will forever be. The Doctor will never meet her again, much to the relief of certain viewers who were almost ready to accuse RTD of selling out to the shippers. Oh, and series 5 and beyond are a weird dream by the real (female) Eleventh Doctor.
- Mass Effect 3: I actually wrote an alternate ending for it, ignoring the official one.
- Terminator: There was no TV series. Some less-than-bright writer pitched one, but was pointed out how it ruins the nicely-established interlocking temporal anomalies of the movie trilogy.
- Neverwinter Nights 2: The companions from the original campaign all survived the collapse. Ammon Jerro has either been implanted false memories or is intentionally lying to the PC.
- Neon Genesis Evangelion: Instrumentality failed. No matter how.
- SG.U is a bad dream. I refuse to call that show "Stargate".
ElizabethRapunzel cut off her own hair before Eugene even thought of doing it for her. I might get to writing down this alternate ending.
- World of Warcraft: The Lich King is dead. Happy end. ...What is this "Cataclysm" you speak of?