Me. Morven AKA Matthew Jude Brown, also findable as Morven on The Other Wiki and a lot of other places. Morven's been my online name since 1991; it was a character name in an (atrocious) story I was writing at the time. I'm a mid-thirties British nerd living in Southern California, and working at a big private university. Sysadmin. Written sci-fi and fantasy fan. Things I love, in no particular order:
- P.C. Hodgell's Chronicles Of The Kencyrath series. I'm pretty much the sole author of the Kencyr Wiki, somewhere north of 600 articles trying to document every single obsessive thing about this series. Trying not to add examples of this to every trope on here, but failing.
- C.J. Cherryh's fantasy and science fiction, especially the Morgaine Cycle and the more recent science fiction.
- Gene Wolfe's Book Of The New Sun, the first five at least.
- Lois Mc Master Bujold's Miles Vorkosigan books. Am I the only one to see scary parallels between Hodgell's Jame and Bujold's Miles?
- Ian M. Banks' novels, especially some of The Culture and Against A Dark Background
- (adding to this ...)
I'm also a long-time wannabe author.
Vandalize Morven here!
You seem like a cool guy, and good luck on becoming an author! - Black Dove
Morven has an amazing Unix sysadmin beard. And is an awesome guy in general. - William Wide Web
Listen all y'all, it's sabotage! Just dropping by. >:3 —goodtimesfreegrog
Why did I think you're female? - Krrackknut.
- A mistake I made before too. —Morven
Morven is a critical threat to the safety for our nation (wherever that is). Atomic bombs won't work on him. Try hydrogen bombs combined with prolonged small arms fire, then get back to me. — Korodzik
Morven, fun guy, smart guy, great guy. ~ Zyxzy
I hope you enjoyed the joys of Disneyland next door. (Lucky guy.) - QQQQQ
I seem smart and interesting? Thanks! -Parakaitz
Godot Was Here.
Calm, cool, collected, and seemingly understanding. A great person to have around the fora. Tuefel Hundne IV
Morven is the coolest son of a bitch this side of the galaxy. - Exelixi
I figured it was about time I vandalized your page. Thank you for being so nice to me upon my arrival, and for all the interesting converation. Finally, the Internet proves capable of having genuinely good/nice people! Hurrah! - Punkreader
Thanks for your help! Also you're very funny. XD - Stolen By Faeries
Morven is! ~~Blixty Slycat
Morven on up to the east side! ~Hydronix
Morven is a pretty cool guy! - kay4today
I wanna give Morve a hug! ~TairaMai
The hills rolled up to the moon on slopes of wind-bent grass, crested, swept down into tangled brier shadows...