(real name: Risa "Reese" Dressler) is a YouTube
-based Let's Player
, and one of the site's more noted female Let's Players
. She's Let's Played a number of old PC Adventure Games
, including entries in the King's Quest
series and Leisure Suit Larry
. She's also played the games of Team ICO
, and various other assorted games.
Her Signature Style
is a strange mix of incredible cuteness
, from both her voice and her unstoppably perky attitude, and her incredibly filthy sense of humor.
She frequently hams it up
in her videos, and tends to swear
and make off-color jokes
. She's also undeterred by failure
, and is fond of co-opping games with various other YouTube Let's Players.
After participating in two of The Runaway Guys
' filler tournaments, she joined them as a full guest for their LPs of LittleBigPlanet
and its sequel, as well as being a special guest player on their board playthrough of The Observatory on Fortune Street
. She also has begun regular livestreams on Twitch with two main subjects - Skyrim
and The Sims 3
. The latter in particular has acquired quite a fanbase because most of the sims are based on Let's Players, including Lucah herself, and now has a characters page
Games she has LP'd include:
In addition to the above, she has a sporadic series called "WHAT THE EFF? FRIDAY", updated on Fridays and comprising very eclectic (and usually one-off) playthroughs of games sent/recommended to her by fans.
She's also a good artist who posts occasional videos of herself drawing fanart, and she has a side-channel named Relaxajin
for calming Let's Plays.
The work of this reviewer provides examples of:
- Achievements in Ignorance:
- Her lack of experience with Pokemon has led to her pursuing some of them that more experienced players usually dismiss, leading to surprising successes with Audino and Bibarel among others.
- In episode 56 of her blind LP of Ocarina of Time, she stumbles upon a trick to beat the Iron Knuckles by exploiting a hitbox issue, which her Sage Tyler was unaware of.
- Pretty much the entirety of the Water Temple in her Ocarina of Time LP. Her Sage Liam Sixx was struck speechless at least three times, and twice admitted she'd just done something he had no idea was even possible.
- Adorkable: In "Pokemon Snap" she dosen't get that Oak awards the most points for facial profiles, not butt pics.
- All Girls Like Ponies: Plays up an exaggerated version of this stereotype, and during her Barbie Horse Adventures LP, and squeals in a vaguely suggestive way over her horse. (She apparently actually does like horses, though, and even owned one once.)
- Alternative Character Interpretation: Numerous In-Universe examples.
- Angrish: Devolves into ineffectual sputtering and repeating the word, "WHAT??" in her Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door Let's Play, when General White turns out to be in the town she started the quest in.
- Animal Motif: After Barbie, horses seem to be her theme animal. She even wears a horse costume in LittleBigPlanet with The Runaway Guys.
- Back for the Finale: In the final dungeon of her Ocarina of Time LP, each of her sages cameos for a word of encouragement.
- Bait-and-Switch Comparison: (while failing very, very badly in Shadow of the Colossus) "If you look in the dictionary under 'stupid,' you will find a picture of — Judge Judy."
- Beating A Dead Player: in Super Paper Mario, Lucah is quick to note whenever Bowser defeats a Sammer Guy and ends up standing over him in a way that makes it look like Bowser is "asserting his dominance", as Lucah puts it.
- Be Careful What You Wish For: Frequently complained about the woman in the apartment directly above hers making a lot of noise while she was trying to record videos. When she moved into a house, she expressed relief that she wouldn't have to put up with such annoyances anymore. Cue her housewarming stream on Twitch, where airplanes started flying over her new house on a near-constant basis, making more noise than the woman ever could. Naturally, people in the chat jokingly accused the woman of being the one flying the plane.
- Body Horror: She thinks this about Timburr and especially its evolutions, being squicked out just by looking at them.
- Bootstrapped Theme: Ever since she began using classic production music in her videos, Da Jodel-Rudel has quickly become her theme song—or at least the theme song for when she derps, which is often.
- Borrowed Catchphrase: In Ocarina of Time, Pcull44444 establishes the catchphrase "If only there was a way you could do X / had an item that could do X" when Lucah forgets she has one. The next Sage, AttackingTucans, borrows this catchphrase to use himself.
- Boss Dissonance: Discussed Trope in Pokemon White, where Lucah easily curbstomps the gym leaders yet has trouble with some of the rival and regular trainer battles.
- Buffy Speak: Mainly in the form of "It's a thing", "Is this a thing?", "Why is this a thing?" etc.
- Camp Straight: In Ocarina of Time, she sometimes inserts her own dialogue for Link (aka "Fuck me") in a voice slightly resembling that of a Sassy Black Woman, but so far she's only had him flirting with the ladies (as much as bragging about having an incredibly large penis counts as flirting anyway).
- Catch Phrase:
- "MAH BALLS"
- "[Something that sounds suggestive]—just like all my first dates!"
- "That's what S/HE said!"
- "Are you coming onto me?"
- "You don't know?!"
- "This is a sham!"
- "Why is this a thing?" and "Why is anything anything?!"
- "He/she/it's sooooo cuuuuuute!"
- "If I had a dollar for every time I heard that"
- Whenever she says the word "girl" she follows it up with a Sassy Black Woman-esque "gurrrl?"
- When playing the Freddi Fish games, "That's a euphemism."
- "It's FINE!" when something goes wrong.
- "...and chicken wings" in her livestreams to end any Long List.
- Cave Behind the Falls: Discusses how this is an omnipresent trope in episode 44 of Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door.
- Character Development: Near the beginning of Pokemon White, she ruthlessly mocked it to no end and never took anything in the game too seriously. However, while still keeping her goofy and comedic nature, she stated that she had grown to genuinely appreciate and enjoy her experience by the end of the main story-line.
- Cherry Tapping: She deliberately kept the basic move Tackle on Joshtheslt in Pokemon White for a long time so she could do this to nearly-dead opponents.
- Cluster F-Bomb: After doing a sidequest in Paper Mario 64 and getting only 1 coin in return.
Lucah: You fuckin' awful piece of fucking shit fuck cunt stained asshole grandpa motherfucking drop needle dick shithead. Unbelievable. Fuck you. Just...fuck you.
- Collective Groan: The "Dr. Mario" pun in Paper Mario 64 elicits this.
- Comically Missing the Point: At the start of Paper Mario 64 when Luigi reads out Princess Peach's letter to Mario, she reacts by saying Mario must be illiterate. This gets a Call Back in Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door which has a very similar opening, and she calls out Mario on still not having learned to read yet.
- Corpsing: In the Ocarina of Time LP, when it gets to the infamous "Will you go into this tiny hole?" part, Tyler (who was voicing Nabooru), one of—if not the—most filthy LPer(s) in the Polaris family, absolutely loses it once Lucah slams her controller on the desk incredulously.
- Dirty Old Man: She has her suspicions about... pretty much every old man in Paper Mario 64.
- Disney Death: For a brief moment in Journey, it looks like the White Cloak is going to get eaten by a rock snake. But they escape just in time, for which Lucah is thankful.
- Down the Drain: Hates water levels, and is mildly phobic of them.
- Early Installment Weirdness: In her earliest LPs she already had her Self-Deprecation tendencies, but lacked her Large Ham ones, being very subdued by comparison to her later persona.
- Elemental Ignorance: In Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door, one of her first attempts to take down a hoard of fire enemies had her using a Fire Flower. When it caused the enemies to multiply, she immediately berated herself for her stupidity.
- Entendre Failure: Sometimes subverts her "Just like all my first dates" catchphrase by saying it after something that sounds horrifying but can't quite be construed as an innuendo.
- Epic Fail:
- Lampshaded in episode 42 of Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door when she uses a Fire Flower on three Embers.
- Again in episode 61 when she fights the X-Yux. It takes up almost half of the episode.
- Episode 61 of Ocarina of Time begins with Lucah charging into Ganon's Castle, prepared to confront the Big Bad and reach the game's epic conclusion. By the episode's end...she's running around Kakariko Village in a desperate search for more arrows (because she doesn't know where to find them inside Ganon's Castle or where Kakariko's arrow shop is).
- In Jazzpunk, when given a sidequest to search for a mailbox marked with chalk on the side, she completely ignores the mailboxes and examines newspaper boxes instead. After spending a fair amount of time checking every newspaper box in the level, she realizes her mistake and finds the correct mailbox very near to where she got the sidequest in the first place.
- Erotic Eating: Lucah, Donnabellez, and AttackingTucans all do it in her "Project Brave Heart" charity livestream as a challenge - Lucah with a taco, Donna with a banana, and Tucans with a slice of pizza.
- Evil Brit: She gives British accents to many villains in games that lack voice acting.
- Bowser was the first with an exaggerated Cockney.
- Grodus has a more realistic one.
- Ganondorf has a very light hint of one.
- She refers to Kammy Koopa as "Queen Elizabeth II," and reads all of her lines in an exaggerated version of the Queen's voice.
- She initially gave one to Count Bleck before switching to a more vampiric, Romanian(ish) accent at the request of her fans.
- Failed a Spot Check:
- "I somehow managed to miss the ONE trick, that everyone told me about, that would have made that boss fight easy."
- During Ocarina of Time, she sometimes gets stuck due to her failure to check the map, the A-button commands, or Navi's C-up alert, all of which are plainly visible on-screen.
- She also apparently doesn't know she can press Z and R to toggle more quickly between the pause menu screens, even though there are arrows labeled "Z" and "R."
- Inverted during Ocarina of Time's Water Temple, where her compulsion to explore leads her to find two obscure keys without any help from her Sage, who refers to said keys as "the bane of everyone's childhood" and the very reason the Water Temple is so widely regarded as That One Level.
- Fan Nickname: In-Universe.
- She calls Parakarry "Derpy" due to his being a flying mail carrier.
- She calls Merlee "Happy Ending Lady" and eventually starts calling Goombella "Ms. No-Arms".
- She also calls Lord Crump, "Lord Dump," Grodus, "Scrotum," and the Yoshi kid, "Mah Balls."
- In Ocarina of Time:
- Gold Skulltulas = "token spiders."
- Princess Ruto = "FishTits McBitch."
- Hover Boots = "butter shoes" (because of their appearance).
- Ganondorf = "Black Ginger" (almost exclusively).
- First Installment Wins: When she livestreamed Pokemon HeartGold and Pokemon Emerald, both she and Donnabellez refer to Professors Elm and Birch as "Professor Oak".
- First Name Basis: JoshJepson is one of the few people who regularly addresses Lucah by her real name: Reese (short for "Risa").
- Foreshadowing: When a tiki face appeared during her playthrough of the first Freddi Fish game, she exclaimed, "EEKUM TOKUM! That's a hint." This suggested her next project was a blind Banjo-Kazooie Let's Play.
- Fluffy Tamer: Her eventual reaction to the Wolfos (or as she calls them, "PUPPIES!") in Ocarina of Time.
- Freud Was Right: Interprets almost everything in the Freddi Fish games as some kind of euphemism.
- The Gadfly: Pcull44444 "assists" Lucah in Ocarina of Time's Shadow Temple...by deliberately misinforming and sabotaging her, all just to entertain himself. This eventually develops into him becoming something of a Trickster Mentor.
- Gender-Blender Name:
- My Balls the female horse.
- And then, once the name is established as female, My Balls the male Blitzle/Zebstrika. Although, this was due to Lucah catching the first Blitzle she found and not wanting to waste time searching for a female one. She tells the audience to pretend that it's female, and treats it as such.
- Donnadrilz the male Drilbur/Excadrill, once again due to Lucah not wanting to waste time searching for a female Drilbur. Like My Balls, she treats Donnadrilz as female.
- Genki Girl: Even when failing, she's still a force of unstoppable perkiness.
- Genre Savvy: Upon reaching the bridge outside of the Koopa Bros Fortress: "A bridge outside usually means trouble. Remember Chrono Trigger?"
- Girls Are Really Scared of Horror Movies: She's easily scared by "spooky" things, as revealed in 5 Days a Stranger. Despite that, she forges through.
- A Good Name for a Rock Band: "Corpse Removal" in episode 3 of 7 Days A Skeptic.
- "Johnny Johnson and the Llamas" in her Sims 3 100k subscribers special stream.
- "Stephen Hawking and the Ramps" from her Sims 3 "Clam Chowder Celebration" stream.
- Growing the Beard: She herself mentioned in an interview that she considers Chrono Cross to be the first LP where she really hit her stride.
- Heh Heh, You Said X: She can find innuendos in just about anything. And it's one of her favorite things to do when playing a game.
- Hello, Insert Name Here:
- She and JoshJepson can't wait to name their horse something immature in the Barbie Horse Adventures LP. They find out the game only allows you to choose from a list of pre-set names, but they insist their horse is named "My Balls" anyway.
- They also named their game file "Dickbutt."
- Barbie's friend, Theressa, is called "Vagisil", and her baby horse at the end she delightfully names "My Penis".
- The theme continues in the sequel with the aid of fan suggestions, leading to horses named "Your Virginity", "President Haemorroid" and "Fappy Cow" among others. And all the foals are named after venereal diseases.
- She similarly abuses the nicknames in her Pokémon White LP, including an actually "official" My Balls.
- Hello, Sailor!: She interprets Muskular as being Ambiguously Gay due to the fact that he's a sailor star.
- Heroic BSOD: In Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door, she finds Madame Flurrie's appearance so questionable that she breaks down laughing for a full five minutes when we first see her.
- Idiosyncratic Episode Naming: (Almost) Every episode of Pokemon White has a title ending in an Xtreme Kool Letterz Z.
- It Is Pronounced Tro PAY: Her pronunciation of the Pokemon Liepard as "Lee-ah-pard" instead of "Lye-perd".
- In Barbie Horse Adventures Riding Camp, guest commentator ProtonJon insists that Satan is pronounced "sa-TEEN".
- It Was His Sled: During Ocarina of Time, she acts like she doesn't know who Shiek really is. When The Reveal happens, she feigns surprise for a second before admitting that she knew all along due to this trope.
You guys know I knew that, right? I've played Smash Bros.
, you guys. I knew. Who doesn't know?!
- Jump Scare: A Running Gag in Ocarina of Time Blind is Kaepora Gaebora doing this to her.
- The Lad-ette: Swears, makes dirty jokes, and has recorded more than one video while drunk.
- Lady Swears A Lot: Oooh yeah. She does apologize for it occasionally, but never seems to keep with the promise.
- Large Ham: She has a distinct "deep voice" she uses when she's being over-the-top. She's also one LPer who isn't shy of showing her face online, and she hams it up in front of a real camera, too.
- Marathon Boss: In her Ocarina of Time LP, she spent well over forty-five minutes fighting Dark Link, even with Liam's help.
- Memetic Badass: In-Universe, Boobarel the Bibarel. It single-handedly took down Cynthia's Spiritomb after it KO'd the rest of Lucah's team, despite Boobarel having the lowest level out of any of her Pokémon. Spiritomb had used Double Team six times to make itself nigh-untouchable, but thanks to Boobarel's Unaware ability, all of Spiritomb's boosts were cancelled. Boobarel landed Waterfall after Waterfall while Spiritomb couldn't do anything in return besides burn Boobarel. Not bad for an HM slave.
- Mentor: In her Journey LP, the White Cloak. In addition to being Lucah's partner through most of the LP, they show her many secrets she hadn't found before.
- Mythology Gag: In Pokemon White, she gives some of her Pokemon the same names as some of the horses from the Barbie Horse Adventures LPs.
- Named After A Famous LetsPlayer: A horse named Pcull Horse Horse Horse Horse Horse. Also in her Pokemon White LP, her Samurott named Joshtheslt and her Excadrill nicknamed Donnadrillz.
- Negated Moment of Awesome: In Episode 64 of Ocarina of Time, when Ganondorf prepares to shoot his quintuple energy beams, Lucah (who's playing the game blind and thus has no idea what to do) randomly starts charging up a Spin Attack. This is the correct strategy against the beamsnote , and Lucah found it completely by chance on her first ever attempt at this boss fight! ...Too bad she fails to release the Spin Attack and gets hit.
- "No. Just... No" Reaction: Whenever she has to fight Gurdurr, and especially Conkeldurr, in Pokemon White.
- Older Than They Look: Is 37 years old. Could easily pass for a decade younger. In a bit of an unintentional Running Gag, this always newly astonishes a large number of commenting fans every time she shows herself on camera.
- Omniglot: Can speak English, Japanese, Swedish, and possibly more.
- Only Known by Their Nickname: Even when she appears on camera herself, or in videos at cons, she is almost always referred to as Lucahjin or simply Lucah.
- Out-of-Character Moment: In the Super Paper Mario LP, after Luvbi's sacrifice, Lucah's far more quiet than she is in her normal comedic L Ps, and the ending music is a sad piano melody instead of the goofy kazoo or light-hearted music she usually puts in. It occurs again later in the same LP at the very end of Chapter 8, where Lucah forgoes her usual jokes and focuses on the story and characters. She also pronounces the game name and the word "Prognosticus" correctly for the first time.
- Parody: She treats the story-lines of most, if not all her Let's Plays as parodies of the originals.
- This comedic nature of hers is deconstructed in Pokemon White during her first battle with "Ghetshitz" when she is slowly and painfully defeated. She initially shrugged off the criticisms of more experienced players whenever her inexperience was shown. However, it turns out they were the people she relied on to help her defeat him once and for all (which is interesting because Pokemon Black/White are generally known for their deconstruction tropes).
- Parody Names: Usually really immature ones.
- In Pokémon White she refers to Cheren and Bianca as "Chinhair and Pee-on-ya".
- In Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door, Grodus, Lord Crump, and Koops become Scrotum, Lord Dump, and Poops.
- Perverse Sexual Lust: For N from Pokemon White, to the point that she acts as though all their battles are dates.
- Platonic Life Partners: She's very good friends with fellow LPers NintendoCapriSun and JoshJepson, and they co-op often. One question in her channel's FAQ section is if she and NCS, Josh, and any number of other famous LPers are dating. The answer is a firm "No."
- Plucky Girl: During her fight with Pelagia in Shadow of the Colossus, not only does she express open disdain for the colossus, but she also had multiple failed recordings and was drunk at the time. She also tried to use a nonconventional method to beat the colossus to prove it could be done. Despite failing, repeatedly, she kept with it and eventually won.
- Power Creep, Power Seep: When she participated in JoshJepson's Mario Kart anniversary celebration (as well as MrRepzion and Super Jeenius) she did badly on all the more recent games, but very well on the SNES original as she grew up playing it.
- Used by JoshJepson in her LP of Barbie's Wild Horse Rescue: "It's been a great RIDE!"
- Lucah herself will sometimes comment on puns used by the writing of a game itself by saying "That's the lamest pun I've ever heard, and I hang out with Chuggaaconroy!"
- Punctuated! For! Emphasis!: "Just like. All. My first. Dates."
- Running Gag:
- She enjoys mocking Judge Judy.
- A lot of videos include her commenting "if you can hear X in the background, it's Y", usually being the antics of either her cat or her neighbours. Almost invariably the sound isn't audible on the recording, which only makes it funnier.
- The name "My Balls" seems to be one, seeing as how she named a horse in her Barbie LP this, and would go on to use the same name for her Zebstrika in Pokemon White and her baby Yoshi in Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door.
- When reading out in-game instructions, replacing any reference to buttons with "blah". JoshJepson does a similar joke, it's not clear whether they came up with it independently or not.
- Whenever she does a blind LP (especially Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door), complaining about fans who don't understand the concept and keep spoiling things for her.
- In Pokémon White, reacting to the game text "What will My Balls do?" with "What will you do, My Balls?" in a pompous tone.
- Also from Pokemon White, when she gets a gym badge, singing "We got a thing, it looks like a thing, and we put it in our birth control case!"
- A third from Pokemon White is semi-singing "Quick Claw is the best!" whenever that item activates and lets Snuggltits go first. By the end of the LP she's saying that she expects her viewers to be saying it along with her.
- Singing "I'mmmmm riding my (X)" whenever her character rides anything in-game. Less commonly "I'mmmmmm (X)ing away", which makes it more obvious that this is based on a Shout-Out to the song "Come Sail Away" by Styx.
- When Merlee appears during battles in Paper Mario, breathlessly saying "Haaaaappy ending laaaady!"
- An unintentional one is that whenever she comes up with an amusing name to fill in for an in-game character, it's always one character too long and she has to compress it.
- There are a number of running gags specific to her Sims livestreams, such as ProtonJon's sim being Mr. Fixit, Clay and Liam's sims both trying to date everyone, and people falling asleep in front of Chuggaaconroy's sim.
- In South Park: The Stick of Truth, always protesting that she's actually a girl whenever NPCs refer to her as male.
- Sanity Slippage Song: Sometimes uses yodelling music for this.
- The Scrappy: In-universe, she hates the three monkeys (Pansear, Pansage and Panpour) from Pokemon White.
- Self-Deprecation: Mocks herself incessantly when she fails, and sometimes even when she doesn't. At one point in Shadow of the Colossus, it even leads to a Bait-and-Switch Comparison where it looks like she's going to rag on herself again, and instead picks on Judge Judy instead.
- Shame If Something Happened: In episode 35 of Pokemon White.
- Shaped Like Itself:
- In Pokemon White, whenever she receives a gym badge.
"We got a thing! It looks like a thing! (And we put it in our birth control case!)"
- In Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door:
"We got a Train Ticket! It looks like a Train Ticket."
- Shipping: She ships Bowser/Peach, apparently.
- In the second Barbie LP, she and JoshJepson name one of the horses "Pcull Horse Horse Horse Horse Horse" after fellow Let's Player Pcull 44444.
- And Barbie's friend being called "Vagisil" is a reference to another Let's Player, AttackingTucans.
- In Pokémon White she names her first Pokémon "Joshtheslt" (because there wasn't room for "Josh the slut"), and later an Excadrill Donnadrillz.
- Also in Pokémon White, after realising the voice she does for Lenora is heading into Mammy territory, she goes for broke and has her yelling "THOMAS!"
- In the first Barbie LP, she comments "MAH BALLS can TELEPOR'!" in a British accent.
- She often sings things In the Style of... the opening line "I'mmmmmm sailing awaaaaaay" from "Come Sail Away" by Styx. note
- In the same vein, whenever she comments that something in a game is blue, she usually lapses into singing "Blue (Da Ba Dee)" by Eiffel 65.
- She often makes a reference to Prince whenever anything purple appears in a game.
- She mentions Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney a few times when talking about Cheren due to him pointing at her.
- She often hums (or even plays on a kazoo) "The Spanish Flea" at random times.
- Simpleton Voice: She can do a burbling 'derpy' one which she uses for several characters in different LPs:
- Something Completely Different:
- Her secondary channel, Relaxajin, is devoted to low-key and meditative Let's Plays that help viewers relax and fall asleep. Her very calm and laid-back voice is a departure from the more over-the-top persona she uses in her regular videos.
- On her main channel, she sometimes mixes comedic blind LPs full of immature humour (e.g. Paper Mario, Pokemon White) with serious LPs of games she knows and loves (Journey, Suikoden 2).
- Springtime for Hitler:
- In Pokemon White she keeps one-hit-killing the final Pokemon of gym leaders so she never hears the last-Pokemon music. After a while she tries using deliberately bad choices of moves to try and hear the music for longer, but it always seems to somehow result in another One-Hit KO.
- In Ocarina of Time Blind the horrors of the Water Temple are talked up by her fans and guest commentator http://www.twitch.tv/lucahjins/profile/pastBroadcastsx...but while Lucah has trouble fighting Dark Link and with her aquaphobia, she manages to completely miss all the usual new-player pitfalls like finding all the keys and getting the trick to beating the boss.
- Squee: She loses it upon learning that she can name the Yoshi partner in Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door... and that there are exactly enough letters for her to name him "My Balls."
- Squick: Her reaction to Womb Levels, such as Jabu-Jabu's Belly in Ocarina of Time or the Director's insides in Jazzpunk.
- Standard Snippet: Midway through Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door, she started using an outro, each of which uses one of these.
- Stop Helping Me!:
- Strange Minds Think Alike:
- Stupid Sexy Flanders:
- Despite being (as far as we know) straight, she finds the female Gerudo, especially the jail cell guards and Nabooru, extremely attractive.
- Elza in Suikoden II seems to have the same effect on her. She mentions she likes women with scars.
- Stupid Statement Dance Mix: The outro she uses for Ocarina of Time is one, using quotes from The Legend of Zelda CDi Games.
- Surrounded by Idiots: The protagonist of 7 Days A Skeptic. A Running Gag is Lucah saying that Captain Picard would not be happy with this starship crew's performance.
- Taking the Bullet: In the Journey LP, her white-cloaked companion runs ahead of her to distract a rock snake away from her, and almost doesn't appear to make it.
- Tears of Fear: Due to her aquaphobia, this happens to her in the Water Temple's vortex cavern.
- That's What She Said: She uses both this catchphrase and the variation "...just like all my first dates!"
- This Is Gonna Suck: Her reaction to the Water Temple in Ocarina of Time, because she hates water levels in general due to her fear of drowning, and because her fans had already been hinting how hard it was.
- Lucah's sage, LiamSixx, says this shortly before she enters the Temple's waterfall-platform room: "You're gonna take one look at that and be like, 'Ah shit.'"
- Toilet Humour: If you thought NintendoCapriSun was bad about this, wait 'til you listen to her.
- Tomboy and Girly Girl: Due to the fact that they're two of the most popular female Let's Players on Youtube, she is often considered the "counterpart" of Donnabellez. It's also probably because they fit this particular trope very well—Lucah is more of a tomboy, while Donnabellez is an unashamed girly girl. With one exception: Lucah is easily frightened by creepy things, while Donna revels in them.
- Tomboyish Name:
- She often abbreviates her name, Risa, to "Reese." In one of ProtonJon's livestreams, Lucah said that she only lets friends call her Reese, and that only her mother can get away with using her full name.
- Her username is a more obscure example, as she has said it comes from combining the (female) character Lucca from Chrono Trigger with -jin, which is a masculine name suffix modifier in Japanese.
- Too Awesome to Use: Acts this way towards healing items in the Paper Mario games, referring to using them as 'wasting' or 'burning' them even when it's in one of the final boss fights of the game!
- Trademark Favorite Food: Taco Bell.
- Ugly Cute: Her In-Universe view of Dampé in The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time.
- The Unfavorite: Diarreahed the Pansear in Pokémon White, bordering on Unpopular Popular Character with the fans.
- Unusual Euphemism: "Crumply Gurn" in her Sims 3 livestreams.
- Verbal Tic:
- "Sir? / Ma'am?" and "...you don't know!"
- "Actually" becomes one from Suikoden II onwards.
- Vocal Dissonance:
- In Pokemon White, she mistakes Clay for an Awesome Aussie and voices him accordingly, despite him being dressed as a cowboy and his heavy use of Deep South slang. Later, she voices Skyla as a Southern Belle, and makes a point of mentioning how the southern accent should have gone to Clay instead.
- Also in Pokemon White, she can't tell the difference between male and female Team Plasma Grunts from their sprites, making her guess which gender to voice them as and causing her some frustration when the battle starts and she sees that she keeps guessing wrong.
- In Paper Mario 64, she gives Tayce T. a very deep "old man voice." She has no idea why she does this, but sticks with it due to Rule of Funny.
- It carries over into Thousand Year Door, where she decides that Zess T. needs to have an old man voice simply because Tayce T. did.
- In Ocarina of Time, guest commentator LiamSixx gives Princess Ruto a throaty, Batman-like voice for no real reason (other than, again, Rule of Funny).
- Pcull44444 gives Impa a really over-the-top and overly cheerful German accent.
- Waxing Lyrical:
- When the Shhwonk game show host in Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door rotates around on his pedestal, she says, "He's spinning right round, baby, right round. Like a record, baby".
- When Link first puts on the Zora Tunic in Ocarina of Time, she comments "He's blue. (beat) ...Da boo dee. Da boo dah."
- What Do You Mean, It's for Kids?: An In-Universe example in Barbie Horse Adventures: Riding Camp, when Lucah finds a bottled message from a girl who became trapped on a sinking boat and apparently died. ProtonJon is especially dumbfounded by how dark the story of this Barbie game just got.note
- What Do You Mean, It's Not for Kids?: An In-Universe example is her and JoshJepson's incredibly immature take on Barbie. Numerous commentators have noted they pity the poor little girl who just wanted to watch someone play a Barbie game... Lucah herself eventually added a disclaimer to the video saying it was definitely not for kids.
- Amusingly, at PAX East 2012, she gave away a "MAH BALLS" t-shirt to... a little girl. Who had indeed seen the videos. (OK, so she wasn't that little—she was probably around 13—but still.)
- Why Did It Have to Be Gurdurrs?:
- In her Pokemon White Blind LP, she really hates encountering Timburr, Gurdurr and Conkeldurr, due to the bizarrely massive veins around their bodies.
- Redeads in Zelda games terrify her.
- She has aquaphobia, which makes her terrified to tackle Ocarina of Time's Water Temple.
- She reveals she is unnerved by Sentient Vehicles in her LP of Putt-Putt Joins the Parade.
- With Lyrics: She sings several different sets of Toilet Humour lyrics to the upbeat Pokemon Centre music in Pokemon White (some of which were submitted by fans). At one point she also hummed wordlessly along to the Tetris theme music but replaced the last two notes with "...MY BALLS!"
- You Bastards: Says this to the people who had her play Can Your Pet?