open/close all folders
G.U.T.S. (Global Unlimited Task Squad)
Daigo Madoka/Ultraman Tiga
Played by: Hiroshi NaganoA member of G.U.T.S who gains the ability to transform into Ultraman Tiga after coming across the Tiga Pyramid.Daigo/Tiga Provides examples of:
- Critical Annoyance
- Did You Just Punch Out Cthulhu?: The Big Bad is a Cthulhu Mythos Eldritch Abomination named Gatanozoa, who in the Cthulhu Mythos was actually Cthulhu's son. In this series he's dubbed The Ruler Of Darkness. He defeated Tiga's entire race eons ago and beats Tiga easily in their first fight. In the end, Tiga, merged with the light of every child on Earth to become Glitter Tiga, overpowers Gatanozoa and completely obliterates him.
- Hand Blast: Various energy attacks
- Henshin Hero
- The Hero
- Light is Good: As a being of light.
- Dark is Not Evil: His forms in Final Odyssey, most especially Tiga Dark.
- Multiform Balance: The first Ultra Series hero with such an ability.
- Theme Music Power-Up
- Transformation Trinket: The Spark Lance
Played by: Takami Yoshimoto
- Ace Pilot: Although with rather limited effectiveness against the various Monsters of the Week.
- The Lancer
- Official Couple: With Daigo. Especially in the post-series films.
- Parental Abandonment: In episode 7, it's revealed her father ran away to the space station after promising some lipstick for her birthday. They eventually make up.
- Secret Secret-Keeper
Played by: Mio Takagi
Played by: Akitoshi Ohtaki
- Guy in Back: He gives commands while sitting at the back of the jet.
- Number Two
- The Teetotaler: Orders milk at the bar, even when Iruma's buying!
Played by:Yukio Masuda
Played by: Shigeki Kagemaru
Played by: Yoichi Furuya
Monsters and Aliens
Various monsters faced by G.U.T.S and Tiga throughout the series.The monsters in general provide examples of:
- Adult Fear: A lot of monsters seem to reflect societal fears - Giranbo gives out drugged candy on Halloween, and kidnaps the children who take it. Gijera produces pollen that addicts anybody who breathes it, leaving them blissful and apathetic, and so on.
- Monster Is a Mommy: Inverted in episode 46. The monster was looking for its mommy.
- Pokémon Speak: Both versions of Kyrieloid only "speak" by saying "kiri" in repetition.
- Robotic Reveal: Geozark in episode 43.
- Taken for Granite: An ability used by the Gakumas in episode 2. Gatanozoa possesses it as well.
- The Undead: Sealizer was first discovered as a corpse.
- Weakened by the Light: One of the Standel aliens in episode 17.
An ancient, reptilian monster from Earth's oldest past, Golza and his partner Melba reawakened in modern times to locate and destroy the statues of the Giants of Light. Eventually, Ultraman Tiga was revived and defeated Melba while Golza, weakened, fled underground. He later returned powered up as Fire Golza, but was killed once and for all by Tiga.Being the very first kaiju from the Heisei Ultra Series, Golza is one of the most popular monsters of the franchise and has frecuently returned in recent entries in the series. Starting with Ultra Galaxy Mega Monster Battle, he was officially added to the main Showa continuity.
- Art Evolution: In Ultraman Dyna, he gains a more bulky, muscled design and a smaller head. As Fire Golza, the white spots on his body are now red and there are several vein-like growths covering his skin. His current design is based on his very first appereance, but his head is somewhat similar to Golza II's.
- Back from the Dead: Was resurrected in Ultraman Dyna.
- Breath Weapon: Golza II shoots his Ultrasonic ray from his mouth rather than his forehead.
- The Brute: A rather strong monster.
- Canon Foreigner: He only existed in the Tiga universe before being added to the Main Showa universe in Ultra Galaxy Mega Monster Battle, where he has met and fought many Showa kaiju. This continues in the Ginga and X universes as well.
- Everything S Better With Dinosaurs: Stated to be a "Super Ancient Monster" and greatly resembles one.
- Implacable Man: Kate's Fire Golza from Ultra Galaxy, who basically lets Gomora spray his Super Oscillatory Ray at him for an extended period of time and takes it without any injury, stress or effort, and everything Gomora throws at him is useless. Even after a repeated assault by ZAP Spacy and Gomora tries to destroy him from the inside out by stabbing his chest with his horn and firing the SOR, but he YANKS it out. He still survives and is only killed when his own ally accidentally shoots him, finally giving him enough punishment for the brute to expire.
- Mascot Mook: Is this for Ultraman Tiga.
- The Juggernaut: Specially noticeable in the first Ultra Galaxy.
- Playing with Fire: Gains this powers as Fire Golza.
- Purple Is Powerful: Is able to shoot an ultrasonic ray of purple energy from his forehead.
- Signature Roar: A loud guttural growl followed by a high-pitched screech.
- Took a Level in Badass: As Fire Golza, he absorbed so much heat it gave him a new set of fiery powers, and was only killed once and for all when Tiga hurled him into an erupting volcano. Golza II is way buffer and possesses new habilities, which he used to give Dyna quite a hard time. And Kate's Fire Golza is definitely the worst of the bunch, being able to take all the punishment Gomora and the ZAP Spacy throw at him before finally going down.
- Villain Team-Up: in Ultra Galaxy, normal Golza teams up with Telesdon to take on Gomora, and Kate's Fire Golza is partners with Gan-Q until a misfired shoot from the latter kills him. In the movie of the series, Fire Golza is resurrected by Belial and teams up with Eleking, King Joe Black, Doragory, Verokron, Banpira, Gan-Q, King Pandon, Nova, Alien Metron and Alien Guts to take on Ultraseven.
- In Ultraman X: The Movie, Here comes our Ultraman! a new version of Fire Golza named Gorg Fire Golza is created by Zaigorg to be his henchman alongside Antlar.
Rucia & Zara
Abolubas and Redle
GatanozoaThe Ruler of Darkness.
Keigo Masaki/Evil TigaA Mad Scientist descended from the ancient race. He has DNA similar to Daigo.
- Back for the Finale: He is enlisted to help revive Tiga who had reverted to a statue after battling Gatanozoa.
- Evil Counterpart: As Evil Tiga, his powers are similar to those possessed by Ultraman Tiga in Multi Type.
- Hand Blast: His own energy attacks
- Light is Not Good: Evil Tiga is a being of light, similar to Tiga. Although his energy attacks take a more "dark" appearance compared to Tiga's.
- Mad Scientist