Film: Superior Ultraman 8 Brothers
I will protect the world.Superior Ultraman 8 Brothers is a tokusatsu film, part of Tsuburaya Productions' Ultra Series, released in 2008.As children, Daigo, Asuka and Gamu were inspired by the television series known as Ultraman to follow their dreams. Daigo aspired to become an astronaut, Asuka to become a baseball player, and Gamu to become a scientist, and design a spacecraft.30 years later, the three of them live out ordinary lives, their dreams all but abandoned. One day, after being late for work and passing by Hayata's bike shop, Moroboshi's restaurant, Goh's auto shop, and Hokuto's bakery, Daigo (and everyone at work) sees a mirage of a destroyed city in the sky.Meanwhile, in another universe, a mysterious girl in red shoes, whom Daigo Asuka and Gamu had once met, tells Mirai Hibino that he is needed to awaken a group of heroes in a different universe.
Superior Ultraman 8 Brothers provides examples of the following tropes:
- Alternate Universe: One much like the real world.
- Ascended Fanboy: Meta-example with Daigo, Asuka and Gamu. Having watched Ultraman as children and actually becoming Ultramen during the movie.
- Big Damn Heroes: When all 8 brothers are together during the film's climax.
- Eldritch Abomination: The Giga Chimera
- Henshin Hero
- The Multiverse: Daigo theorizes that parallel worlds exist, in which Asuka and Gamu were Ultramen.
- Mundanization: The Alternate Universe is like this, at first
- Refugee from TV Land: The universe Mirai comes from is known to be that of a television franchise.
- Taken for Granite: Ultraman Mebius gets turned into a statue made of Bronze by Super Alien Hipporito.
- Transformation Trinket: Daigo and friends use the same transformation devices as their respective television series incarnations.