Mega Monster Battle: Ultra Galaxy Legends is 2009 film produced by Tsuburaya Productions and directed by Koichi Sakamoto for Tsuburaya's Ultra Series. It was the first appearance for Ultraman Zero and Ultraman Belial, and was followed by a sequel movie Ultraman Zero: The Revenge of Belial.Ultraman Belial, a fallen Ultra now fused with Reiblood DNA, has come to the Land of Light seeking revenge! After kicking an entire planet's worth of Ultra asses, he goes on to steal the Plasma Spark, the source of all Ultra's energy. With the planet now frozen, and Ultraman and Ultra Seven stuck in human form, is there no-one to stop Belial's ultimate plan of taking over the universe with his Hundred Monster Army?!...well, yes, there are: Rei, the monster controlling Reiblood/Human hybrid, and Ultraman Zero, an extraordinarily powerful rookie Ultra, said to hold unlimited potential. Ultraman Mebius, who escaped the freeze as he was thrown into orbit, is sent to fetch Rei.
Mega Monster Battle: Ultra Galaxy Legends provides examples of the following tropes:
- And I Must Scream: Ultraman King punishes Belial by imprisoning him inside the moon for all eternity. However, he is freed by Alien Zarab.... 20,000 years later.
- Authority Equals Asskicking: He didn't win, but after Belial tears his way through most of the Land of Light, the Father of Ultra confronts him and gives him a decent thrashing. Belial only wins by attacking the scar the Father has from fighting Alien Emepror.
- Badass: The Ultras, Rei, Belial, Gomora... there's badass to spare in this movie.
- Badass Grandpa: Both Hayata and Ultra Seven kick ass even when trapped in human form.
- The Father of Ultra. One of the oldest Ultras in the franchise, but if it weren't for the scar he had from fighting the Emperor, he would've ended the movie pretty early.
- Badass Normal: The ZAP SPACY crew, especially Boss.
- Barrier Maiden: Taro uses up his own energy to keep M78 alive.
- Big Bad: Belial
- Body Horror: Beryudora is made up of an entire army of still living kaiju. Not composed of parts of them, the whole kaiju forming its skin and body!
- The Cavalry: The ZAP SPACY crew, Leo, Astra and Ultraman Dyna show up to save the day at one point.
- Cold Snap
- Crisis Crossover: For the Ultra Series.
- Cold Open: Possible candidate — the fight between Mebius and Bemular takes place before the intro sequence. Yes, this movie has an intro sequence.
- Curbstomp Battle: Belial destroys the entire defense line for the Land of Light.
- Up until Belial hits his scar, the Father of Ultra pretty much dishes one out to Belial.
- Face–Heel Turn: Gomora and Reimon, temporarily.
- Fallen Hero: Belial was once an Ultraman, but became corrupted by his lust for power.
- Henshin Hero
- I Am X, Son of YBelial: Who are you?
Ultraman Zero: ZERO! ULTRAMAN ZERO! SON OF SEVEN!
- I Am Your Opponent: Used word for word when Asuka pulls a Big Damn Heroes for the crew of the Space Pendragon, saving them from Alien Z-Ton.
- I Can Rule Alone: Alien Zarab awakens Ultraman Belial and gives him the Giga-Battlenizer in hopes that they can rule the universe together.Alien Zarab: I've done it! The universe is ours!
(Belial kills Alien Zarab)
- "I Know You're in There Somewhere" Fight: Between Reimon and the ZAP SPACY crew.
- Jacob Marley Warning: it turns out that Zero's quest for power, trying to take the Plasma Spark for his own, was no different from Belial's attempt a long time ago.
- Lamarck Was Right: Zero inherits Seven's Eye Slugger weapon, except Zero has two.
- Large Ham: You know which Zap Spacy crewmember we're talking about.
- Leader Forms the Head: Beryudora has Belial as the brain.
- Master-Apprentice Chain: Who else would be picked to train Ultra Seven's son Zero than Seven's own protege, Ultraman Leo.
- Mirrored Confrontation Shot: See the movie poster.
- One-Man Army: Belial defeats the entire defense force of the Land of Light.
- One-Winged Angel: Belial merging with his monster army to transform into Beryudora.
- The Reveal: Zero's appearance is always obscured until he finally appears in the Monster Graveyard.
- Sealed Evil in a Can: Belial was defeated by Ultraman King and sealed inside the Land of Light's moon a long time ago until he's released in this film.
- Single-Biome Planet
- Sequel Hook: Belial is shown to be alive at the end of the film.
- Stock Footage: Footage from Ultra Galaxy Mega Monster Battle is shown in the intro sequence.
- Training from Hell: What Ultraman Leo gives Zero.
- Unexpected Character: Let's face it, after the way his series ended, none of us were expecting Shinn Asuka to show up here.