Characters: Mighty Morphin Mecha Rangers
Drawn from their respective worlds, Kaiba's ego and greed will cause these characters to collide. Some collisions are happier than others.
open/close all folders
The Blackmailed Mecha Rangers
These are the heroes of our story, brave men ranging from 13 to their 30s who are perfectly happy to give their lives for the city owned by a man who blackmailed them
Tropes common for the team:
The youngest member, the Most Hot-Blooded
, and he's also piloting the smallest mecha.
Second youngest member and the Most Reluctant
; as well as the most laughably pathetic
A Negotiator who also happens to pilot a Black Mecha...what? What's so unusual about that?
King Van Slanzar de Fanel
The King of a minor kingdom on a planet that can see Earth but Earth can't see his world...weird isn't it?
Ace pilot or lucky-as-hell junk-lover? Your guess is as good as mine.
The Titular Combination Mecha
which guards and protects Angel Groove.
Tropes common for the team:
- All Your Powers Combined: Possesses expanded and enhanced abilities from each of it's component mecha.
- Arm Cannon: Compliments of Big O and later Liger Zero Panzer or Sunflower and Gundam Wing
- Deflector Shields: Uses both Escaflowne's magic and Evangelion's AT Field as a barrier.
- Expanded membership upgrade: First acquires stronger Spiral capabilities thanks to Gurren Lagann and becomes Mecha Breaker Lord.
- Soon afterwards, Kaiba's Blue Eyes White Dragon Jet combines with Breaker Lord to form White Dragon Mecha Breaker Lord.
- Gundam Wing plus Mecha Lord or Mecha Breaker Lord equals Mecha Wing Lord or Mecha Wing Breaker Lord.
- Humongous Mecha
- If It Swims, It Flies: Somewhat Averted. Mecha Lord was actually in danger of drowning when facing the Kraken and it took quick thinking from the rangers to survive. Later, it gains flight thanks to the addition of Kaiba's Dragon Jet and Wing Gundam.
- Lightning Brusier: Fast and agile thanks to Gurren Lagann, Liger Zero and Escaflowne, but still possesses Big O's sheer raw strength.
- Madeof Iron: Thanks to Big O.
- The Power of Friendship
- Power Fist
- Team Spirit
- This Is a Drill: From either Gurren or Gurren Lagann.
Friends and Family of the Rangers
They're not complaining for some reason, but these are the solid walls of support for the Rangers. Family, Friends, Not
and so on. So here they are in order of introduction.
Roger Smith's butler, his wife Dorothy and their daughter Annie. Wait...Something seems very strange about half of that sentence...
The Dai-Gurren Brigade
led by him and Kamina.
The Blitz Team
Bit's fellow zoid pilots though only Leena is shown to be living with him...
Friends and Allies in Angel Groove
The only one fortunate enough to live in Angel Groove because...he owns the place!
- Aloof Big Brother
- Authority Equals Asskicking
- Bad Boss: Most of the time.
- Benevolent Boss: To the people he freed from the mines, he freed them from slavery, gave them money to build Angel Groove, then let them live there, charges them almost no taxes, and gives all of the orphans free lifetime passes to Kaiba Land.
- Fiction 500: On top of being richer than Scrooge McDuck, Kaiba owns Blackwater, the UN, Sony, Square Enix, Bioware, Bungie, and Nintendo.
- Friend to All Children: As Optimus reminds him.
- Hidden Depths: What the hell is his game?
- Jerk Ass
- Manipulative Bastard: How he assembled the team.
- Nerves of Steel
- Screw the Rules, I Have Money!
- Smug Snake
- Ungrateful Bastard
The Co-President of Kaiba Corp and his older brother's right-hand man. He's also the one that most people prefer to work under...marginally.
A Mechanical Head
that floats in an oversized fish jar.
- Badass Baritone: It's a tone that Kaiba cannot refuse.
- Big Good
- Deathis Cheap: Considering how he got here...yeah...
- Gentle Giant: He takes his circumstances oddly well.
- My Greatest Failure: The battle between his Autobots and the Deceptions may have caused Adam to awaken in the first place - their war may have been what eventually caused Second Impact.
Transferred from Tokyo-3 to act as Class Representative for the academy in Angel Groove, though she could have picked a better time...
Hikari's roommate and penpal from Osaka, Noriko joined the Defense Force Arc Troopers in Chapter 11.
Angel Groove Defense Force
Before the Rangers are deployed, this group of volunteers get sent out to the front to get horribly murdered by whatever it is that's attacking the city that week.A profile with more detailed info can be found here: http://thaeonblade.deviantart.com/gallery/#/d4iyysg
Whatever the hell that thing in Kaiba's basement is!
Guests in Angel Groove
People who just kind of stumbled into the Groove for a temporary stay.
Colonel Misato Katsuragi
The only competent and un-manipulated organization in the Federation. Has an academy stationed in the Sanc Kingdom.
Commodore Bright Noah
Major Sayla Mass
People who happen to be the exact opposite of and in no way will oppose the Rangers.
Seele and friends
Under new management by Gendo Ikari.
Seele 04: Lord Genome
- Abusive Father: Just read Parallel Works 3.
- Though this could be partially justified. In canon, Nia was revealed to be a Spiral, and the Anti-Spirals do exist in the MMMR-verse.
- Badass Boast: When Seele 07 asks him why he doesn't hide his face during Seele meetings his answer is "I'm Lordgenome, who do I have to fear?"
- Big Bad: At least to Simon and his group, though as a member of Seele, he counts as this to the rest of Angel Groove as well.
- Character Focus: The member of Seele besides Gendo that gets the most screentime. On top of that, he's often seen with Gendo acting as his equal.
- Fallen Hero: If the canon is anything to go by, he could qualify for this trope.
- Four Is Death: He's Seele 04.
- Kill The Messenger
- One-Man Army
- This Is a Drill
- We Have Reserves: Could care less about the death of his beastmen generals and more about their failures.
Seele 09: Pegasus
Adian the Elegant
Imperial Family of Britannia
The Rulers of the one of two empires on the Earth. Currently led by Charles since WWII with each of his siblings having their own spheres of influences within the empire and their pact-brothers.
Black Prince Lelouch
- Berserk Button: Threatens his own father when he threatens to have Mariemaia's tongue pulled out
- May-December Romance: Is married to Mariemaia Khushrenada.
- Pet the Dog: Appears to genuinely care about his young wife enough to even stand up for her against his father.
- The Heavy: Heir apparent and prime minister of the empire.
- The Rival: To Lelouch
- We Have Reserves: Could care less about Asuka's safety during the Luxembourg invasion.
Mariemaia (Through marriage to Schneizel
The Ridiculously Overpowered Adversaries
No has any idea as to why they're attacking Angel Groove and honestly, it matters less than the fact that they are trying to destroy the city.
The guy in charge of sending the Monster of the Week
to attack Angel Groove. Why he's doing so is unknown.
Engineered and enhanced from the DNA of Godzilla and one other creature, these seven monsters launch a coordinated assault on the city in Chapter 20.
- Curb-Stomp Battle: The first of the anomalies to have this truly dealt to them by the rangers.
So far known to include Barricade, Blackout, Soundwave, and Scorponok, we still don't really know what their goal is...whatever it is, it won't be pretty.
- All Your Base Are Belong to Us: Blackout's attack on the military base and the Decepticons infiltration of Angel Groove. Which has culminated into an all out attack while the City's defenses are scattered by the Godzilla Zillas
- Ax-Crazy: Blackout just runs with it through and through.
- Badass: Blackout earns his cred when he singlehandedly destroys Nerv US. While blind.
- Butt Monkey: That would be Barricade's role thus far.
- Curb-Stomp Battle: Barricade has been on the receiving end of three while Blackout dealt out one in his first scene.
- Most recently, Reedman was beaten by Noriko shortly before Scorponox was defeated and captured by Ed.
- Starscream easily disables Unit 01 with the Null Ray.
- Bonecrusher is ripped apart by Aina.
- Blackjack is hammered by Ultranus.
- Barrage vs Gundam Alex's wrist cannons.
- Determinator: Blackout and Scorponox.
- The Dreaded: Shockwave
- Eyescream: Blackout loses both his eyes during his fight with Nerve US. It doesn't stop him.
- Hellish Copter: Blackout.
- Mind Rape: Lelouch now controls Reedman
- The Starscream: Really?
- Well Intentioned Extremists: Everything that they are doing is to both revive Cybertron and locate Megatron.
- Villainous Valor: Scorponox