The Player Characters:As the four characters met in the Tinkerer/Academic quest chain are implied to be the canonical player characters, this page will refer to them by their names from said quest chain.The characters have tropes specific to them, as well as those that apply to their entire group. This is for the latter.
- An Adventurer Is You
- No Name Given: Except when you meet each of the other classes as an NPC when you aren't playing as them.
The Warrior (Shian)An adventurer training to follow in the footsteps of his father, the warrior attempts to rescue a girl of Ironwood Village from attacking monsters. Little does he know, she's no ordinary girl, and his fateful journey has only just begun...He can become either a Mercenary (and later a Barbarian or Destroyer) or a Sword Master (and later a Lunar Knight/Moon Lord or Gladiator).
- Ass Kicking Pose: The Sword Master's Hacking Stance. Murderous in PVE. In PVP everyone just keeps their distance.
- It's still murderous in PvP if you're dumb or unlucky enough to get caught in it.
- Parry Stance (100% parry chance — read: invincibility) also qualifies especially when paired with Counter Slash or Counter Wave. The Lunar Knight's Flash Stance is even better, allowing him to barrage enemies with Sword Beams.
- The Berserker: Downplayed. After specialising as a Barbarian, the Mercenary gains access to a passive skill that buffs him as his health drops. ...Maintaining this buff while keeping your HP high enough to tank is a bit troublesome.
- Disappeared Dad: Trying to find him is the reason the Warrior initially sets out.
- Master of None: When it comes to Player Versus Environment, Warriors are far and away the most versatile class choice in the game when it comes to filling specific roles in a party. Unfortunately for them, this isn't always something to write home about.
- Make Me Wanna Shout: The Mercenary class has a large variety of 'Howl' skills which do exactly that. One of the strongest creates a vacuum when he inhales to pull more enemies into its blast radius.
- No Sell: The Warrior's Highlander ability negates all damage for up to one minute when an affected character has a single hit point remaining while the Mercenary's Iron Skin resists most debilitating Standard Status Effects.
- Screaming Warrior: Not counting his howls, the Mercenary tends to shout or grunt during most of his skills.
- Stuff Blowing Up: The Mercenary's specialty, with multiple skills that cause massive explosions and one that produces a grenade from thin air.
- Sword Beam: Sword Master's Magic Skill tree has these. The Lunar Knight/Moon Lord elevates the trope to an art form.
- Sword Plant: The Warrior has this pose during the character creation screen.
The Archer (Triana)An elf learning her place in the world, she too sets out from Ironwood Village to rescue the red-haired girl. As she travels, she undergoes her telezia, a process by which she learns her destiny, which is tied to the destiny of the Prophet herself...She can become either a Sharpshooter (and later a Sniper or Warden/Artillery) or an Acrobat (and later a Windwalker or Tempest).
- Archer Archetype: The Sharpshooter, although she has more of a focus on Trick Arrows if she relies on her magic skills more.
- Automatic Crossbows: The Archer's crossbow acts for all intents and purposes like a three-round-burst submachine gun.
- Death from Above: The sharpshooter's Aerial Chain Shot can be considered this, while the acro can turn herself into this with Eagle Dive and Falling Star.
- Green Thumb: The sniper has the ability to summon a flower to draw aggro and buff her Final Damage.
- Kick Chick: The Acrobat uses her feet more often than she uses her bow.
- Multishot: Go on, guess which skill! It's Multi Shot.
- No Arc in Archery: Applies to most of her skills. However, both Rain of Arrows and Aerial Chain Shot EX's second pulse have an arc.
- Not Quite Flight: The Windwalker is capable of leaping high distances, and can extend her air time indefinitely (with practice) while the Showtime! buff is active.
- Rain of Arrows: One of the Sharpshooter's skills is a one-elf version of this.
- Trick Arrow: The Warden specialises in explosive magic arrows. Especially with post-revamp Frag Arrow and Swift Shot; Frag leaves a 'core' on the field, and the Warden can choose to shoot Swift's arrows out of the core instead of from her bow. Doesn't get much trickier than a magic bomb arrow that turns into a bow after blowing up.
The Cleric (Edan)A young member of the Divine Order, sent to Mana Ridge to guard the Sage's Staff. It is soon stolen by Dragon Cultists, and as he sets out to retrieve it, he discovers that someone he knows may not be who he appears... After discovering that his close friend is actually a Dragon Cultist, he leaves the Divine Order so that he can protect the Prophet from anyone who would try to abuse her power, without allegiances to any side or organisation getting in the way.He can become either a Priest (and later a Saint or Inquisitor) or a Paladin (and later a Crusader or Guardian).
- Church Militant: The Divine Order does appear to be some sort of religious organisation...
- Emancipated Child
- Nice Guy
- Reverse Grip: The Cleric does this during his turn animation with his mace in the character creation screen.
- Shield Bash: One the the cleric's first skills is this, with the Mace and Wand having a Shield Bash in their normal attacks. The Paladin can also perform this as a Counter Attack after blocking an attack.
- Shock and Awe: The cleric has a few skills that do this, especially after getting his third class.
- Chain Lightning: One of the priest's offensive skills.
- Stone Wall: The cleric is tankier than most other classes, and becomes a full-blown tank if he goes Paladin. Even as a Priest, a good cleric will act as the party's tank if they need one and there's no actual tank.
- Support Party Member: The priest (and subclasses, moreso the saint) is primarily this, but he isn't entirely useless in combat.
- The Paladin: ...Yeah, if you can't figure it out, we're not gonna tell you.
- White Mage: One of the ways the priest can be played, focusing more on buffs & heals than on his relics.
- The Turret Master: The priest has access to a few relics, which he can use to support the party.
The Sorceress (Angelica)Once a member of the Astral Coven, she left to see the world, and ended up gambling her money away. Retreating back to her former home to escape her debts, she stumbles upon a cleric caravan under attack by monsters. By saving them, she is drawn into a nefarious plot that could change the future of the world...She can become either an Elementalist/Elemental Lord (and later a Pyromancer/Saleana or Ice Witch/Elestra) or a Mystic/Force User (and later a War Mage/Smasher or Chaos Mage/Majesty).
- An Ice Person: Elementalist. Even more so as Ice Witch/Elestra.
- Death from Above: The Mystic can summon comets, and the War Mage can summon a giant laser from the sky.
- Ms. Fanservice
- Noblewoman's Laugh: Indulges in this occasionally. Also, her laugh gesture.
- Playing with Fire: Elementalist. Even more so as Pyromancer/Saleana.
- Power of the Void: Her dark magics, with added elements of...
- Trapped by Gambling Debts: She uses her scholarship to gamble in hope of getting more money for her poor family, and she failed.
The Academic/Tinkerer (Camelia/Commelina) (XD-26)Sent back in time to stop a rogue automaton known as Apocalypse and save her future, she emerges from her time machine to find herself deaged into a twelve-year-old girl. As she looks for a way to save her time, she keeps running into four legendary adventurers, and becomes drawn into their quest despite her attempts to keep herself away. In saving the future, will she become a legend herself...? After finding another girl that looks exactly like her, she discovers her true origin and Jasmine's true intention of sending her back to time.She can become either an Alchemist (and later an Adept or Physician) or an Engineer/note (and later a Gear Master or Shooting Star).
- Artificial Human: She was created by Jasmine using a jewel with mysterious power. The jewel was split into 30 fragments and implanted into 30 clones of herself. She was one of the test-clone with short life-span.
- Badass Adorable
- Break the Cutie: Her entire second job change quest is this.
- Cassandra Truth: Nobody takes her warnings about the future seriously.
- Cutscene Incompetence: She did nothing but stare when Bishop Ignacio kidnaps Rose, even though she volunteered to guard Rose for Geraint.
- Did You Actually Believe?: Her mission on being sent to avert the Bad Future was a lie. She was sent to the past as a test clone for the better version of her clones.
- Dub Name Change: Known as Camelia in the NA translation.
- Fusion Dance: In spirit, if not in fact. As of a recent revamp, the Engineer has gained a toggleable skill called Mechanic Mode, which lets her fire her turrets' projectiles from her cannon, at the cost of being unable to summon the turrets themselves while in MM.
- Hyperspace Mallet: One of her skills. Sadly, it only works against stunned enemies, not ignorant teammates.
- Older Than They Look: You know that 12-year-old girl with all those wonderful toys? She's not 12. Except that was another of Jasmine's lies.
- Rocket Jump: The Academic has such a skill(as the Mechanic 2nd Job). It launch her back or forward(after dashing by pressing the right mouse button) and it does damage to monsters instead of herself.
- Set Right What Once Went Wrong: Her mission. Except it isn't
- Small Girl, Big Gun
- The Beastmaster: Combined with Summon Magic by the Alchemist, with her slime bubbles and ice hand, and The Engineer by... the Engineer, with her turrets and robot ducks.
- The Turret Master: The Academic in her Mechanic 2nd Job has access to 3 types of turrets.
- Time Travel
- Unwitting Pawn: To Jasmine. Once the tinkerer finds out she's a clone, Jasmine taunts her and ditches her for good.
- Walking Spoiler
- Was It All a Lie?: Once she learns she was nothing but Jasmine's clone sent to the past as a test clone, who will expire in a few days and die.
- You Are Number 26: She is just one of the 26 test-clones with short life-span sent to the past to destroy the world that cause the Bad Future. All those clones are not supposed to meet each other.
- You Have Outlived Your Usefulness: Once she finds out that she's a clone called XD-26, Jasmine drops her fake sisterly attitude and coldly ditches her.
The KaliThe Kali was born on the same day as Rose and raised in secret as another destiny girl by her master Gaharam. Her adventure starts when her hometown is destroyed and all the residents killed by Lambert, including her master. Being the sole survivor of the village, she summons Gaharam's soul to find out what happened and ends up being entrusted with the mission to find and protect the Prophet in Prairie Town where the Star of Destiny appeared.She can become either a Dancer (and later a Blade Dancer or a Spirit Dancer), or a Screamer (and later a Soul Eater or Dark Summoner).
- Bare Your Midriff
- Combat Hand Fan: Mainly the Screamer, but the Dancer can use one too.
- Dance Battler: Her Dancer route. More so as Blade Dancer.
- Dark Is Not Evil: Some of her skills are dark element. As a screamer she uses more darkness.
- Doomed Hometown: Was sent away by Gaharam because it was prophesied that the village would be destroyed.
- Dual Wielding
- Jiggle Physics: Her assets bounce when she laughs, dances and runs.
- Last Of Her Kind: She's the sole survivor of her village's massacre. But even beyond that, she's actually the reincarnation of one of the last Ancients left in the world.
- Ms. Fanservice
- Name's the Same: Her Screamer class is totally NOT that kind of screamer.
- Orgasmic Combat: Some of her skills certainly give this impression, with her saying things like "More! More! MORE!" and "Come to me!".
- Revenge: She wants to kill Lambert for destroying her village and killing her master.
- Stripperiffic: Justified due to her shaman-ish culture.
- The Chosen One: Which came at a terrible price...
- This Is Unforgivable!: To Liam/Lambert. He does not even care, calling her puppy that he let go.
- Unusual Ears
The Assassin (Ren)A mysterious youth whose fate is tied to the woman called Lunaria. Shortly after meeting her, he finds himself possessed by a brutal assassin by the name of Illusion, and winds up jumping back and forth through time as he follows Lunaria on her unknown mission.He can become a Shinobi/Chaser (and later a Raven or Reaper/Ripper) or a Taoist/Bringer (and later a Light Bringer/Light Fury or Abyss Walker).
- Doppelgänger Attack: Can create shadow clones to attack independently.
- Elemental Powers
- Energy Ball: The Light Bringer/Light Fury's Sunshine Spark.
- Flash Step: Both of his specializations can learn variants of this.
- Fragile Speedster: Has by far the lowest defense of any of the male characters, but with plenty of mobility and evasion skills to make up for it.
- Ninja Log: His special evasion skill, Decoy, lets him break out of an enemy combo and leave a log in his place.
- Protagonist Journey to Villain: He grows up to become Illusion, the fourth Apostle.
- Stock Ninja Weaponry: Uses plenty of these as a Shinobi, including kunai, kusarigama, shuriken, smoke bombs, etc.
- Summon Magic: In addition to his doppelgangers, a Taoist can also summon a ninja cat, raccoon, or bunny to aid him.
- Super-Powered Evil Side: Illusion takes this role early on in the sin's story.
- Enemy Without: He winds up battling Illusion multiple times throughout his story.
The LenceaA daughter of noble birth, she and her family are secret members of the Ironfist Company, a clandestine band of mercenaries founded by Varnak, one of the six heroes of the Dragon Raid. The Lencea and her sister Eltia form a Brains and Brawn duo, with Lencea electing to hit first and ask later, and Eltia acting as her Mission Control. When a simple mission goes awry and their father winds up missing, the two of them set out to find answers.Currently, she only has one class branch: the Lancer, who can later specialize into either a Dragoon or a Valkyrie.
- Badass Adorable
- Blade on a Stick
- Holy Hand Grenade: As a Valkyrie, most of her attacks are light-themed.
- Mighty Glacier: Many of her most powerful attacks require charging, but she's got the highest defense of any female character to make up for it.
- The Lad-ette
- Sword Beam: With spears, but the point still stands.
RoseA young woman attacked by minions during the warrior/archer tutorial, she is rescued by the player. A descendent of the ancients known as the Prophet, she is wanted by practically every villain for their own nefarious purposes. After her life becomes a complete wreck with all that happens in the game, she has a Face-Heel Turn and becomes Rosalinde, one of the apostles of the Dragon Cultists.
GaharamThe Kali's mentor. She is killed at the beginning of the Kali's storyline, but continues to serve as her Spirit Advisor. Much later on in the story, she is revealed to be the last of the Ancient race, tasked with the burden of ensuring the prophecy comes to pass. But despite her mission, she tampered with the prophecy so that her daughter may be reborn into the world as the Kali.
- Manipulative Bastard: She admits to having ruined Rose's life and lead to her Face-Heel Turn just so that the soul of her daughter could be reborn as the Kali and take Rose's place as the Shadow Prophet.
- My Death Is Just the Beginning: She cannot truly rest until her mission is fulfilled.
- Really 700 Years Old
- Spirit Advisor
ArgentaA mysterious woman in red (but not a Lady in Red) who opposes the Black Knight, the player encounters her early in the story. She saves the player after the Black Knight either kills or gravely injures him/her, and attempts to prevent him from unlocking the power of the Ancients (but fails). It is later revealed that she is a dragon, and is using most of her power to hold the world together.
- Adaptation Dye-Job: Her eyes are blue in the Japanese version.
- Badass: Is capable of powerful healing magic and holding her own against the Black Knight, although he eventually wins. It is later revealed that most of her power is used to keep the world together, implying that she could easily curb-stomp him if not for that.
- Barrier Maiden: She devotes most of her power to holding the world together. She's still almost a match for the Black Knight.
- Big Eater: She is always hungry and she is always angry about being hungry. The majority of the quests she gives until you get to Saint's Haven are to fetch her numerous edibles and remedies for her to snarf down in one fistful while your character watches in horror at how fast she can eat it. She guzzles ten bottles of booze in one sitting and then complains that you took too long to get so little.
- Curtains Match the Window
- Defrosting Ice Queen: She starts out not respecting the Player at all, but eventually seems to warm up after the battle at Dark Overlord Tower. She reverts back to her stoic self after Geraint's death.
- Good Is Not Nice
- Healing Hands
- Heroic Sacrifice: After the Monolith is opened once again, she becomes corrupted by the Mistland's poison during the battle and has Velskud kill her before she becomes fully corrupted.
- I Cannot Self-Terminate
- Ladyin Red
- Older Than She Looks: She appears to be relatively young, and doesn't see why 50 years is a long time to humans.
- Puny Earthlings
- Thigh-High Boots
- Workaholic: She prioritizes her mission over anything.
- Zettai Ryouiki
Gerrant/GeraintA one-eyed Master Swordsman with the same name as one of the legendary heroes, and an ally of Argenta. It is eventually revealed that he is the legendary hero Gerrant, not just someone named after him. And also that he, too, is a dragon.
- Adaptation Dye-Job: His eyes are red in the Japanese version.
- Adorkable: He is portrayed as a serious silent badass during the play-throught, however flashbacks of his time with Velskud reveals his clumsy and talkative side.
- All-Loving Hero: Until he is broken by Velskud's betrayal.
- Back from the Dead: He's seen talking to Argenta in Chapter 9, but he looks younger and he mocks his older self.
- Barrier Maiden: Not to the same extent as Argenta, but he eventually uses some of his power to create a Nest to protect Rose, so that only people he allows to enter can get near her.
- Big "NO!": When the Black Dragon Jewel takes Velskud's body has host.
- Blind Weaponmaster: After the Black Knight destroys his other eye, he becomes this.
- Bash Brothers: Was long ago with Velskud.
- The movie blurb gave them the handle Battle Brothers.
- Bookworm: Revealed during one of the flashbacks that he likes to read so much he sneaked on Velskud's tent to read from his bookshelves, leaving a mess behind.
- Breakthe Cutie / Breakthe Badass: He was once so full of happiness and love towards humanity until he is broken by Velskud's betrayal.
- Curtains Matchthe Window
- Dub Name Change: He is known as Gerrant in the North American version.
- False Friend: He believes Velskud got close to him with the purpose of stealing the Black Dragon Jewel to give to his Master, and harbors hateful feelings towards him.
- To make things confusing, Velskud though Geraint got close to and used him to obtain the Black Dragon Jewel for himself.
- Fingerless Gloves
- Heroic Sacrifice / Takingthe Bullet
- Hope Bringer: Basically him during the Black Dragon Raid.
- Humans Are Special: He desired to be among humans and learn about them, unlike his present self who speaks despicably about them.
- However, it's implied to be just a facade as result of the events at the end of the Black Dragon Raid. He doesn't hesitate to sacrifice himself to save the Player. Argenta and the new Geraint point out how he forgot about his duty and how stupid it was from him to die protecting a human.
- Living Emotional Crutch: To Velskud.
- No Social Skills: As seen on flashbacks with Velskud, with funny results. Attempts to justify it with Sacrificed Basic Skillfor Awesome Training.
- Older Than He Looks
- One-Winged Angel: Is capable of transforming, much like The Black Knight himself.
- Red Oni, Blue Oni: Red oni to Velskud's blue.
- Played straight when Velskud takes his sword, as it's colors change from gold and red to silver and blue.
- Sparedbythe Adaptation: He survives in the manga.
- Spirit Advisor: To the Warrior during the second class change quest.
- Took a Level in Jerkass: His younger reborn self is far from the nice guy Gerrant was...
- Wide-Eyed Idealist: His old self, you can blame Velskud for this change too.
- We Usedto Be Friends: With Velskud.
The Black Knight VelskudAn Apostle of the Dragon Cultists, who kidnaps the Prophet in order to use her power. Things get complicated when you learn that he's actually betrayed the Dragon Cultists, and is now working against them.
- Absolute Cleavage: Wearing his old clothes.
- Ambiguously Evil
- Badass Normal: As a human he was skilled enough to 1-on-1 Geraint on sword fighting. Also became the captain of the Saint Haven Royal Army at a very young age.
- Bash Brothers: Was long ago with Geraint.
- The movie blurb gave them the handle Battle Brothers.
- Being Tortured Makes You Evil: By Karahan. Adverted, as his evil side is a facade. He is however revenge thirsty.
- Big Damn Heroes: Just when the Player thinks they have killed Serpentra, the beast re-awakens and attack. Fortunately Velskud is arrives just in time to finish it.
- Darkand Troubled Past: He comes from a family that's been part the Dragon Followers for generations, and was raised being indoctrinated to be loyal as well, blindly and stupidly as he puts it.
- Dark Is Not Evil
- Wild Card: Originally joined Geraint's team as The Mole. But after befriending Geraint and promising to protect him, he seems to have turned into Reverse Mole, making his alignment hard to determinate.
- Don't You Dare Pity Me!: He tells the Player to stop pretending they are able to understand him, right after they ask why he never cleared his misunderstandings with Geraint.
- Declarationof Protection: To Geraint. Argenta as well to some degree, though he forgot her name while making the deal...
- False Friend: He believes Geraint used him and the army to obtain the Black Dragon Jewel. Being hurt by his betrayal, Velskud attacked Geraint damaging his right eye.
- To make things confusing, Geraint thinks Velskud attacked him to steal the Black Dragon Jewel from him to give to his Master, when at that time he was only trying to get Geraint to explain why he lied to him.
- Fingerless Gloves: With his old clothes.
- Heel-Face Turn: First during the Black Dragon Raid. Once again in the Tinkerer's future. And, eventually, in the current present.
- Knight of Cerebus: Quite literally. He easily defeats the player, and manages to defeat the powerful Argenta with some difficulty as well.
- Lickedbythe Dog: When Daisy takes care of him.
- Mood-Swinger: His future self seems to do this a lot.
- Mr. Fanservice
- My Greatest Second Chance: In the future he asked Jasmine to let him go to the past for a second chance to save Geraint. However he was denied with the excuse that his past and present self couldn't coexists.
- No Brows: He has eyebrows only in the Japanese localization.
- Older Than He Looks
- Only Friend: Geraint.
- Perpetual Frowner
- Poor Communication Kills: Called out on how he could have avoided all trouble had he just talked with Geraint.
- Red Eyes, Take Warning
- Red Oni, Blue Oni: Blue oni to Geraint's red.
- Played straight when he takes Geraint's sword, as it's colors change from gold and red to silver and blue.
- Revenge: His motivation behind capturing Rose and obtaining the power of the Ancients.
- Sour Outside, Sad Inside: Implied several times during the main story, including his future self.
- Spikesof Villainy
- Summon to Hand: Quite literally, as he is able to draw out Geraint's sword from the palm of his right hand.
- Survivor Guilt: His future self.
- The Philosopher
- Thigh-High Boots
- Villain with Good Publicity: Being one of the Six Heroes, the other heroes kept his betrayal secret, instead letting others believe he made a Heroic Sacrifice.
- We Usedto Be Friends: With Geraint.
- During a conversation in Lotus Marsh he accidentally confesses that he still considered Geraint his friend.
- Yandere: Geraint, his best and only friend, lies about his secret identity? Cut his eye out.
Known as the greatest Adventurer of all time, he makes himself known to the player when they reach lv.5. He helps the player during Argenta's quest chain and even sacrifices himself to protect the player from the Manticore Saslavan. The player then brings David to Argenta and begs her to heal him, which she reluctantly agrees. David then offers to be Argenta's slave in the player's stead.
- Happiness in Slavery: Does menial tasks and cooks for Argenta. He's madly in love with her. Argenta mostly ignores him.
- Stealing The Credit: Does this a lot to the Player.
Kasarana/KaraculeLeader of the Astral Coven/Fairystar Magic Institute, and one of the Six Heroes of the Black Dragon Raid 50 years ago. She has secluded herself in Lotus Marsh ever since.
- All Love Is Unrequited: 50 years ago, she had a one-sided crush on Gerrant. She even wrote a novel about him.
- In the North American localization, she named her dog after him.
- Cool Old Lady
- Eyes Always Shut: Her old self.
- Dub Name Change: She is known as Kasarana in the North American version.
- Pyrrhic Victor: Was one of the Six Heroes, but all that got her was the taint of dragon blood, which took away her youth and her health.
- Take Up My Sword: She dies after being wounded by Kalahan, but not before entrusting the title of leader to Sidel.
- Vain Sorceress: In the North American version she keeps this trait even as a granny.
- The One Guy: To the Fairystar Magic Institute.
- In the North American version is often played for laughs. Until you learn the reason why there are no other men in the institute.
Landslide Krag/Orc KimA young orc who declares himself your rival, but isn't really up for the task. No matter how many times you beat him up, though, he still comes back to try again. Always.
- Dub Name Change: He is known as Landslide Krag in the North American version.
- Kamehame Hadoken: He gets the "Had-Orc-ken" as an attack when he appears in Typhoon Krag Nest. It's a OHKO.
- Laser-Guided Amnesia: After being hit upside the head one too many times, he forgets who he is. ...And then convinces himself he's your boyfriend even if your player character is male.
- Or to the Academic.
- Quirky Miniboss Squad: Once he starts bringing other orcs along. Complete with sentai poses.
- The Determinator: He won't give up challenging you, no matter how many times you utterly annihilate him.
- The Rival: He certainly thinks he is.
Warrior Trainer RodrigoThe warrior class teacher in Saint's Haven, he's a bit obsessed with fighting.
- Acquired Heart Attack Immunity: He intentionally has three heart attacks a day before breakfast, to build up a tolerance to them.
Duke StuartThe young king's guardian and uncle, he is at first glance simply an arrogant man who seeks glory for himself and the king, and believes that the ideal king would rule with a mix of love and fear, mostly fear. However, underneath it all, he desires what's best for the kingdom, despite not always showing it.
TracyAn NPC in Saint's Haven who helps jump event characters (basically, free Lv.45 characters given out in an event) acclimate to the world of Altera, she serves to explain how to play the game to the player. ...In conversations with the player's character, who thinks she is completely and utterly insane.
- Meta Guy: To a certain extent.
Teluna/TelrejuA Dark Elf who ran away from her land, you meet her in Port Hermalte. She's actually next in line for the Dark Elf throne, and comes to power after her sister Elena is... removed. Her quest chain involves playing games with her, then helping her quell a rebellion against her once she reveals her royal lineage.
- Break the Cutie: The rebellion against her, and the ensuing loss of dark elf life, does a number on her.
- Dark Is Not Evil: Despite her Dark Elf heritage, she's one of the nicest NPCs you'll ever meet.
- Dub Name Change: She is known as Teluna in the North American version.
YuvenA male elf encountered by the Archer, who decided not to follow his telezia. He pushes her towards examining herself, and whether she is willing to follow her telezia. After the death of Queen Narsilia, he eventually becomes the queen (king in some versions) of the elves.
- Bodyguard Betrayal: He was to be Queen Amalith's Oathborne, but abandoned his duties and fled Arendel.
- Contemplate Our Navels: When you first meet him, he waxes poetic about elves' lot in life, and whether it's fair for them to have their entire life, and every sorrow they will feel, predestined.
- Heel-Face Turn: He was an Apostle of the Dragon Cultists, but betrayed them at some time in the past.
- Heroic Sacrifice: He becomes queen of the elves in the Archer's place, because he doesn't want to see her shackled to the tree of life and unable to travel, like Serana was.
- Love Hurts: His love for Serana drove him to defy his telezia. Sadly, she was unwilling to defy her own for him. She refused, as she was destined to become Queen Amalith.
- Really 700 Years Old: He loved Serana 500 years ago.
- Screw Destiny: He was destined to be an Oathborne, a guardian of Queen Amalith and the Tree of Life. He tries to convince the Archer to do so as well.
- She Is the King: Surprisingly inverted, which is odd since he is male.
- Well-Intentioned Extremist: He tries to kill Queen Narsilia, and by extension the Tree of Life, so that no elf will have to give up their dreams to become the queen again.
- You Can't Fight Fate: His true telezia was to become the queen of the elves, which he does for the Archer.
- You Remind Me of Serana: So very much.
ElenaQueen of the Dark Elves, she is at war with Carderock Pass. She turns goblins into hobgoblins, and attempts to use poison against the city. One of the Apostles of the Dragon Cultists.
- Anything That Moves: He flirts with almost every character,, PC or NPC, regardless of gender.
- Large Ham: AND HOW!
- Mad Scientist
- Scaled Up: After being defeated in his sorcerer form, he transforms into the Green Dragon.
- Shout-Out: When Sidel wonders how he stayed as young-looking as he is for over 60 years, your character replies, "I bet he reversed... the polarity... to do the time warp."
- Vain Sorcerer: A rare masculine example. Just listen to him boast about his rippling muscles and chiseled good looks.
Liam/LambertThe Warrior's father, who left Ironwood Village some time ago for unknown reasons. In truth, he has become obsessed with becoming the mightiest warrior in the world, and to that end he has joined the Apostles, who promise him the power he seeks. It is later revealed that the reason he wants power is to get revenge on the Ancients, whom he blames for the tragic fate of his wife.
- Cycle of Revenge
- Dub Name Change: Named Liam in the North American version.
- Even Evil Has Loved Ones: Everything he does is in revenge for his wife.
Pether/FeatherThe current Big Bad of the story. The former king of Saint's Haven, he had helped save the world once before when the Monolith was opened. The experience left him bitter against the goddess, and so he seeks to open the Monolith, kill her, and take her place.
- Shoulders of Doom
- Well-Intentioned Extremist: His stated goal is to replace the goddess so that he could remake the world without all the suffering that he's witnessed. But to accomplish this, he will use whatever means, and has no regard for anyone who would stand in his way.
LunariaA mysterious girl who states her sole purpose is to open the Monolith. She possesses a close relationship with the Assassin, and seems to have the power to jump through time. She is in fact the avatar of the evil goddess Vestinel, summoned by the corrupted Ancients for the purpose of opening the Monolith and ending the world.
- Apocalypse Maiden
- Cloudcuckoolander: All she seems to want to talk about are food and going on dates, without any regard for anything important. This annoys the much more serious Assassin. It is later shown that when they were together in the past, their personalities were completely reversed.
- I Want My Beloved to Be Happy: She tries to get the Assassin to leave her so that he can remain safe. In the past, opening the Monolith with him present has always lead to his death, so she's trying to fulfill her mission without getting him killed, and has tried many times before to accomplish it.