Characters: Coronation Street
This is the list of characters and their tropes for Coronation Street. Be warned though, as a Long Runner, the cast is voluminous. Only current characters have full character sheets since doing one for the hundreds that have existed in the shows history would probably be a lifelong project. Characters not currently appearing on the show and certain very notable dead characters have their own section with brief descriptions at the bottom of the page.There is a map to the left, made by the Ordnance Survey.This page is current as of June 2015 in Coronation Street. If you are not caught up, beware spoilers!
open/close all folders
The Rovers Return Inn
Property Owner: Carla Connor and Tony Stewart
- Duration: 1989 —Birthday: 26 June 1974 (aged 41)Family: Liz McDonald (mother); Amy Barlow (daughter)
Cab driver and owner of Streetcars and the Rovers. Portrayed by Simon Gregson.
- Butt Monkey: Nothing ever seems to go right for him.
- Deadpan Snarker
- Extreme Doormat / Henpecked Husband: With every women he dates or is married to.
- Sad Clown: Lately, Steve has been showing signs of depression but plays it off with his usual humour.
- Duration: 2006 —Birthday: 21 April 1976 (aged 39)Family: Steve McDonald (husband), Ryan Connor (son; Adoptive — her real biological son hasn't been seen in years), Carla Connor (sister-in-law); Liam Connor, Jr (nephew)
Formerly worked at Underworld with Carla. Now the barmaid in the Rovers. Portrayed by Kym Marsh.
- Clingy Jealous Girl: Hates Steve's female classmate Andrea with a passion and gets very angry even if she merely appears in the Rovers to say hello.
- Jerkass: Her aforementioned irrational behaviour to Andrea.
- Her constant nagging, moaning, shouting and arm-crossing at Steve.
- Took a Level in Kindness: Ever since finding out about Steve's depression, she's treated him loads better than she used to.
- Duration: 1989 - 1998, 2000 - 2001, 2003 - 2011, 2013 -Birthday: 3 November 1957 (aged 57)Family: Steve McDonald (son); Amy Barlow (granddaughter); Jim McDonald (ex husband)
N้e Elizabeth Greenwood. Returned late 2013 after two years of living in Spain — bought the Rovers with Steve. Portrayed by Beverley Callard.
1 Coronation Street
Property Owner: Ken Barlow
- Duration: 1960 —Birthday: 9 October 1939 (aged 75)Family: Peter Barlow (son); Tracy Barlow (adoptive daughter); Simon Barlow (grandson); Amy Barlow (granddaughter); Carla Connor (daughter-in-law); Deirdre Barlow (deceased wife)
The oldest continuously present character on the show. Portrayed by Bill Roache.
- Arch-Enemy: Mike Baldwin, for literally decades, until his death a few years ago.
- Cultural Rebel: Ken was the first in his family to attend University and has always aspired to somewhat more intellectual than his neighbours and family.
- Long Runner: Worth noting, as he is the only remaining original cast member from the first episode (from 1960!) and has never left the show at any point.
- He was out of the show due to certain allegations against him. He was found not guilty in February 2014 and returned.
- Politically Motivated Teacher: An ardent socialist, he enjoyed sharing his views with a captive audience or just anyone really.
- Put on a Bus / Real Life Writes the Plot: He was out of the show whilst his trial was in progress. The explanation given was that he was visiting Canada. Having been found not guilt, The Bus Came Back.
- Unto Us a Son and Daughter Are Born: His son and daughter, Peter and Susan.
- Why Couldn't You Be Different?: He has had moments of this with all of his adult children. While somewhat justified (like when Tracy killed her boyfriend), his treating Peter (who is basically a well meaning chronic screw-up) and Lawrence (who had just met a few weeks ago) like this is an example of his frustration with his working class existence.
- Your Cheating Heart: Frequently. His last affair was only a couple of years ago and he has never been faithful to any of his wives. Although his current wife Deirdre is not that much better, having had several affairs herself.
- Duration: 1977 — 1983, 1985 - 1997, 1999, 2002 — 2007, 2010 -Birthday: 24 January 1977 (aged 38)Family: Ken Barlow (adoptive father); Ray Langton (biological father); Amy Barlow (daughter); Blanche Hunt (grandmother); Peter Barlow (stepbrother); Deirdre Barlow (mother)
N้e Tracy Langton. Deirdre's daughter who works in Underworld. Portrayed by Kate Ford.
- Arch-Enemy: Practically everyone on the street except Deirdre, Peter and Rob, but in particular, over the years —
- Tina McIntyre.
- Steve McDonald's wives and girlfriends:
- Michelle (especially since Tracy slept with her son Ryan and pretended to be pregnant by him).
- Gail Rodwell (who she tried to get convicted of murder) and Gail's family.
- Consummate Liar: Although not so much any more, since everybody knows what she's like.
- Faux Affably Evil: Since her return, she has almost never done anything nice for anyone if she wasn't planning to get something out of it or screw them over in the end.
- Flanderization: Upon her return in 2002, she was more of a simple Jerkass with moments of sympathy, but for a time after her return in 2010, she had degraded into almost a cartoonish Card-Carrying Villain. She's returned to simple Jerkass behaviour currently.
- The Ghost / The Unseen: After becoming a teenager, she spent several years living in her room, before she finally reappeared.
- Jerkass: One of, if not, the biggest one currently on the show.
- Little Brother Is Watching: An inversion, since it's her older stepbrother Peter whose opinion matters far more her to than almost anyone else. Her mother can tell her to leave Steve alone daily for weeks on end but it's not until Peter tells her to give it up that she actually relents.
- Manipulative Bitch: Made her own mother lie under oath about her murder of Charlie Stubbs.
- Morality Pet: A bit of an odd example with her older stepbrother Peter, who is far from helpless and actually something of an Anti-Hero himself. Since her return, he is literally the only person she is ever truly nice or kind to (even with her daughter Amy its usually all about Tracy), most noticeably after she found out his then-wife Leanne had cheated on him.
- Off on a Technicality: She did serve three years in prison for the murder of Charlie Stubbs. She was released on Christmas Eve 2010 because the expert who handled her forensic evidence was found to be corrupt and his evidence was null and void.
- Smug Snake
- Spoiled Brat: Even as an adult.
- Duration: 2004 -Birthday: 9 February 2004 (aged 11)Family: Tracy Barlow (mother); Steve McDonald (father); Deirdre Barlow (grandmother); Liz McDonald (grandmother); Blanche Hunt (great-grandmother); Deirdre Barlow (grandmother)
Tracy and Steve McDonald's daughter. Portrayed by Elle Mulvaney.
- Embarrassing First Name: It was changed pretty soon, but her name when she was under Roy and Hayley's custody was Patience Cropper.
- Took A Level In Jerk Ass: Up until the past year, Amy was a sweet, quiet, young girl, but overnight she seems to have turned into a future Tracy.
- The Voiceless: Rarely, if ever, speaks on-screen.
- Who's Your Daddy?: Initially thought to be the daughter of Roy Cropper. Tracy kept the true paternity to herself until she felt it was appropriate — the middle of Steve McDonald's wedding to Karen.
2a Coronation Street (Above Audrey's Salon)
Property Owner: Audrey Roberts
- Duration: 2000 —Birthday: 5 May 1983 (aged 32)Family: Liam Connor, Jr (son); Kirk Sutherland (sister)
N้e Maria Sutherland. Hairdresser at Audrey's Salon. Portrayed by Samia Smith.
- Arch-Enemy: Leanne, although they seemed to have made up.
- The Ditz: Sweet but dim, that's our Maria.
- She's arguably a Brainless Beauty too.
- Extreme Doormat: Perhaps the reason why her relationship with Nick lasted as long as it did.
- May-December Romance: Going out with Luke Britton as of 2015, who is perhaps a full decade, maybe more, younger than her.
Liam Connor, Jr.
- Duration: 2009, 2010 —Birthday: 3 July 2009 (aged 6)Family: Maria Connor (mother); Liam Connor (father); Kirk Sutherland (uncle); Michelle Connor (aunt); Ryan Connor (first cousin)
Portrayed by Charlie Wernshall.
3 Coronation Street
Property Owner: Norris Cole
- Duration: 1961, 1962 - 1966, 1967 -Birthday: 18 October 1929 (aged 85)
N้e Emily Nugent. Long-running grandmotherly character. Portrayed by Eileen Derbyshire.
- Crisis of Faith: Had one when her husband Ernest was shot dead during a robbery in 1978. And again in 2006 when Ernest's killer came and tried to make amends.
- Granny Classic: Acts as this to most of the street despite never having had children herself.
- Duration: 1994 — 1997, 1999 -Birthday: 5 March 1940 (aged 75)
Emily's lodger. Runs The Kabin with Rita Tanner. Portrayed by Malcolm Hebden.
- The Chew Toy
- Gossipy Hens: Rare male version. When someone is discussing something private in the Kabin or near him (or even not near him), he can always be seen trying to (non) subtly listen in.
- Jerk with a Heart of Gold: Despite being a gossipy hen and trying to stick his nose into others' business generally, he does have his kind moments. For example, he comforted Rita when she was upset about the Rovers fire.
- Know-Nothing Know-It-All
- Nosy Neighbor: To an extreme level. Will eavesdrop into others' conversations whenever he can.
- Plucky Comic Relief
- The Short Guy with Glasses
- Small Name, Big Ego: Trust us when we say that Norris has an opinion on everything!
4 Coronation Street
Property Owner: Kevin and Sally Webster
- Duration: 1986 —Birthday: 14 July 1967 (aged 48)Family: Rosie Webster (daughter); Sophie Webster (daughter); Tim Metcalfe (partner); Kevin Webster (ex husband)
N้e Sally Seddon. Uppity seamstress at Underworld. Portrayed by Sally Dyvenor.
- Love Hungry: To Tim Metcalfe.
- Jerkass: Treated Carla Connor like dirt after she was raped by Frank Foster and worked for him instead. Although she did apologise for it after, and is working with Underworld again.
- Rich Bitch: Often seen as this by the other factory girls. To be fair though, she is very snobbish and big-headed.
- Small Name, Big Ego: She likes to consider herself middle-class, despite working in a factory.
Sally: I can't go to prison, Gail. I just can't. They always pick on the middle-class ones - I'd have to do all sorts to get a hold of decent toilet paper.
- There was a hilarious scene in April 2014 when Maddie called Sally and Kevin middle-class — Sally was delighted with that description but Kevin got rather offended.
- She said it again in February 2015:
- Your Cheating Heart: Cheated on Kevin with car salesman Ian Davenport in 2002.
- Duration: 2013 —Birthday: 28 January 1972 (aged 43)Family: Faye Windass (daughter); Sally Webster (partner)
Window cleaner. Portrayed by Joe Duttine.
- Parental Neglect: When Faye lived with him, he left her on her own, let her go hungry and didn't pay for her to go on school trips. Anna hoped these factors will make Faye come back to live with her — they did, eventually.
- You Look Familiar: The actor Joe Duttine played a completely different character in 2010 — he was one of two policemen, DS Max Carr, who investigated Gail's alleged murder of Joe McIntyre.
5 Coronation Street
Property Owner: Unknown
- Duration: 2003 —Birthday: 26 July 1994 (aged 21)Family: Sinead Tinker (partner); Joseph Brown (son); Cilla Battersby-Brown (mother); Fiz Stape (sister)
Shop manager/cook in Prima Doner. Portrayed by Sam Aston.
- Deliberately Cute Child
- Fiery Redhead: Especially when Katy dumped him.
- Friend to All Living Things: Particularly to his dog Schmeichel.
- I Warned You: To Fiz, about John.
- Teen Pregnancy: He and his former partner, Katy.
- Duration: 2013 —Birthday: UnknownFamily: Chesney Brown (partner); Beth Sutherland (aunt); Craig Tinker (first cousin)
Portrayed by Katie McGlynn.
- Duration: 2011 —Birthday: 21 November 1974 (aged 40)Family: Kirk Sutherland (husband); Craig Tinker (son); Sinead Tinker (niece)
Full name Bethan Sutherland. Machinist. Portrayed by Lisa George.
- Abhorrent Admirer: Formerly to Steve McDonald.
- Character Development: Like with her son, when she first appeared she was considerably more coarse and outspoken. While she is still rather outspoken, she has changed quite a bit since then.
- Expy: Probably of Cilla Battersby-Brown, who left the show a few years previous to her arrival.
- Hilarity ensued when these two met each other in late 2014 and did not seem to get on.
- Gossipy Hens: Almost as bad as Norris Cole.
- Duration: 2000 —Birthday: 28 January 1982 (aged 33)Family: Beth Sutherland (wife); Maria Connor (sister); Liam Connor, Jr (nephew)
Van driver for Underworld. Portrayed by Andrew Whyment.
- Dumb Is Good: He is a very kind soul whatever else you can say about him.
- Friend to All Living Things: Has said more than once he understands dogs better than people.
- Too Dumb to Live: He's lucky the residents of the street are kind (particularly his ex Fizz and sister Maria) or he would have starved years ago.
- Duration: 2011 —Birthday: 1998/1999 (aged 16)Family: Beth Sutherland (mother); Sinead Tinker (first cousin)
Student. Portrayed by Colson Smith.
- Character Development: When he first appeared, Craig was a scary and rough looking boy who had a creepy stare and a menacing attitude to Steve. Over the years, he has turned into a lovely guy and was Faye's closest friend and supported her through her secret pregnancy.
- Creepy Child: When he first appeared, he stared menacingly at Steve for the entire duration of Steve and Beth's date in the Bistro.
- Ensemble Darkhorse: Craig has become quite nice and charming in recent years and is a fan favourite.
- Gentle Giant
- Keeping Secrets Sucks: Craig thought that a lit cigarette he had smoked had set the Rovers on fire (it was actually Karl Munro). Karl found out and tried to coerce and finally threaten to kill his mother in order to keep him quiet.
- Secret Keeper: For Karl Munro, whom he saw leaving and locking the door of the Rovers the night of the fire. He eventually confesses and Karl is jailed.
6 Coronation Street
Property Owner: Sharif and Yasmeen Nazir
- Duration: 2014 -Birthday: UnknownFamily: Yasmeen Nazir (wife); Kal Nazir (son); Alya Nazir (granddaughter); Zeedan Nazir (grandson)
Kal's father, who runs the gym. Portrayed by Marc Anwar.
- Duration: 2014 -Birthday: UnknownFamily: Sharif Nazir (husband); Kal Nazir (son); Alya Nazir (granddaughter); Zeedan Nazir (grandson)
Sharif's librarian wife. Portrayed by Shelley King.
- Apron Matron
- Plucky Woman: She has no problem violently protesting to try and save the library and has been arrested before for her protests.
- Duration: 2014 -Birthday: UnknownFamily: Kal Nazir (father); Sharif Nazir (grandfather); Yasmeen Nazir (grandmother); Zeedan Nazir (brother)
Kal's university student daughter. Portrayed by Sair Khan.
- Daddy's Girl
- Dating What Daddy Hates: Not hates so much, but it's clear that Kal and the entire Nazir family doesn't approve of her having a relationship with Gary Windass.
- Did They or Didn't They?: With Gary; it's how she first comes into Coronation Street. They didn't, he slept on the sofa.
- Expy: Somewhat. Brought in to be one of Tina.
- Little Miss Snarker
- Duration: 2014 -Birthday: UnknownFamily: Kal Nazir (father); Alya Nazir (sister); Sharif Nazir (grandfather); Yasmeen Nazir (grandmother)
Kal's son. Portrayed by Qasim Akhtar.
7 Coronation Street
Property Owner: Dev Alahan
Devendra 'Dev' Alahan
- Duration: 1999 —Birthday: 2 March 1964 (aged 51)Family: Asha Alahan (daughter); Aadi Alahan (son); Sunita Alahan (former wife)
Corner Shop owner. Father of Asha and Aadi. Widower of Sunita. Portrayed by Jimmi Harkishin.
- Asian Store-Owner: Of the Corner Shop and several other shops.
- Kavorka Man: Before his marriage to Sunita anyway.
- Large Ham: Due to his often lack of an indoor voice and unusual speech patterns.
- Small Name, Big Ego
Asha and Aadi Alahan
- Duration: 2006, 2009 —Birthday: 13 January 2006 (aged 9)Family: Dev Alahan (father); Sunita Alahan (mother)
Twin daughter/son of Dev and Sunita. Portrayed by Tanisha Gorey and Zennon Ditchett.
- Unto Us a Son and Daughter Are Born: In 2006.
8 Coronation Street
Property Owner: David Platt
- Duration: 1974 —Birthday: 16 April 1958 (aged 57)Family: Michael Rodwell (husband); Nick Tilsley (son); David Platt (son); Sarah Platt (daughter); Bethany Platt (granddaughter); Audrey Roberts (mother); Kylie Platt (daughter in law)
N้e Gail Potter. Frequently married daughter of Audrey Roberts. Portrayed by Helen Worth.
- Arch-Enemy: Eileen Grimshaw, who took great pleasure in gloating when Lewis Archer stole all her money.
- Extreme Doormat: Her last husband was a drug addict who stole from her repeatedly and drowned while trying to fake his own death but she loved him anyway.
- Her life savings were stolen from her by conman Lewis Archer.
- Miscarriage of Justice: Was suspected of killing her husband Joe, who was trying to fake his death and drowned. Fortunately, she was found not guilty.
- My Beloved Smother: Her boys never do anything wrong despite being two of the show's main antagonists for the past few years.
- Parental Obliviousness
- Post Robbery Trauma: After Michael Rodwell (unsuccessfully) tried to burgle her home.
- Duration: 1990 —Birthday: 25 December 1990 (aged 24)Family: Kylie Platt (wife); Lily Platt (daughter); Max Turner (adoptive son); Gail Rodwell (mother); Audrey Roberts (grandmother); Nick Tilsley (half brother); Sarah Platt (half sister); Bethany Platt (niece)
Hairdresser. Portrayed by Jack P. Shepherd.
- Attention Whore: His main reason for doing anything.
- Jerkass: Spent many years as this, now wavers between it and Jerk with a Heart of Gold.
- Momma's Boy: Despite once shoving her down the stairs, he was the first person to run to her when she was falsely imprisoned for Joe McIntyre's murder.
- Smug Snake
- The Sociopath: He was played as one for several years but this behaviour has disappeared over time as he's apparently 'mellowed out'.
- This trait returned again when he found out about Kylie cheating with Nick. While he still loved her, he was furious with Nick and had no problem smashing up his flat.
- The Unfavorite: Compared to high achiever Nick and teenage mother Sarah Louise, he never got much attention and he never fails to remind his mother of that.
- Took a Level in Kindness: After he settles down with Kylie, he becomes a very devoted husband and a fantastic father
- Troll: At one stage, it was possibly the only way to really describe his character. He simply liked getting a rise out of people or stirring up trouble for other people.
- Duration: 2014 —Birthday: 1955 (aged 59/60)Family: Gail Rodwell (wife); Gavin Rodwell (son)
Formerly a petty thief that tried to rob Number 8 and whom Gail met in a restorative justice programme in prison before he was released. Portrayed by Les Dennis.
- Early-Bird Cameo: When he tried to rob Gail's house earlier on in the year. In his first appearance, he didn't even have a name, he was just credited as 'Intruder'. We later find out his name after Gail decides to meet him in prison.
- Just Got Out of Jail
- Justified Criminal: He explains to Gail that he was once a successful businessman who lost his money in the recession and this is how he turned to robbery.
- Duration: 2010 —Birthday: 24 August 1987 (aged 28)Family: David Platt (husband); Max Turner (son); Lily Platt (daughter); Becky Granger (sister); Gail Rodwell (mother in law); Nick Tilsley (brother in law)
N้e Kylie Turner. Portrayed by Paula Lane.
- Attention Whore: The main reason she and husband David are a match made in hell.
- Jerkass: She sold her young son to her sister and Steve McDonald and went off on holiday.
- Manic Pixie Dream Girl: A dark version.
- Parental Incest: Part of her backstory.
- The Chessmaster: As much so as The Seventh Doctor was.
- Your Cheating Heart: She cheated on David with his brother Nick over Christmas 2012, and was unsure of who the father of her daughter is. It's David.
- Who's Your Daddy?: Since she slept with both David and Nick around the same time.
Sarah Louise Platt
- Duration: 1987 - 2007, 2015 -Birthday: 2 February 1987 (aged 28)Family: Gail Rodwell (mother); Bethany Platt (daughter); Nick Tilsley (brother); David Platt (half brother); Audrey Roberts (grandmother); Lily Platt (niece); Jason Grimshaw (ex-husband)
Portrayed by Tina O'Brien.
- All Girls Want Bad Boys: Her relationship with Aiden Critchley.
- Her future interest in Callum Logan.
- Sibling Rivalry: With her brother, David.
- Teen Pregnancy: She became pregnant and gave birth to her daughter, Bethany, aged just thirteen.
- She became pregnant for a second time at seventeen by Todd Grimshaw. The stress of her finding out Todd had been having an affair with a male nurse was too great and she gave birth prematurely. The baby boy (Billy) didn't survive beyond a day old.
- Duration: 2000 - 2007, 2015 -Birthday: 4 June 2000 (aged 15)Family: Sarah-Louise Platt (mother); Gail Rodwell (grandmother); Nick Tilsley (uncle); David Platt (uncle); Audrey Roberts (great-grandmother); Lily Platt (first cousin)
Portrayed by Lucy Fallon.
- Bratty Teenage Daughter: Since her return, often refusing to go to school, drinking alcohol and generally being a nuisance.
- Dawson Casting: Fourteen year old Bethany is portrayed by nineteen year old Lucy Fallon.
- The original actress chosen for to play current Bethany was 25 and was fired from the role for lying about her age to the producers (before her scenes got shot, thankfully).
- Disappeared Dad: Her father, Neil Fearns, never got to know his daughter and didn't have a relationship with her before he died in 2003.
- She Is All Grown Up: Not having been seen in eight years, her reappearance in 2015 was quite a staggering contrast to the little girl that had left the show before.
- Duration: 2010 —Birthday: 5 September 2006 (aged 9)Family: Kylie Platt (mother); Lily Platt (half sister); Callum Logan (biological father); David Platt (adoptive father); Gail Rodwell (step-grandmother); Audrey Roberts (step-great-grandmother); Nick Tilsley (step-uncle); Sarah Platt (step-aunt); Bethany Platt (step-cousin)
Kylie's son from a previous relationship. Portrayed by Harry McDermott.
- Attention Deficit OOHSHINY: In 2014, he started acting bizzarely — breaking things, shooting Norris with a water pistol, being restless and full of energy. He was later diagnosed with ADHD.
- Hair of Gold, Heart of Gold: His hair is blond and he is (mostly) a sweet-natured child.
- Duration: 2013 —Birthday: 26 August 2013 (aged 2)Family: Kylie Platt (mother); David Platt (father); Max Turner (half brother); Nick Tilsley (uncle); Becky Granger (aunt); Gail Rodwell (grandmother); Audrey Roberts (great-grandmother)
Portrayed by an uncredited actor/actress.
9 Coronation Street
Property Owner: Tyrone Dobbs
- Duration: 1998 —Birthday: 17 December 1982 (aged 32)Family: Fiz Stape (partner); Ruby Dobbs (daughter)
Car mechanic. Portrayed by Alan Halsall.
- Dogged Nice Guy: Even when Kirsty was beating him, he refused to fight back.
- Dumb Is Good
- Mr Fix It: He is a car mechanic.
Fiona 'Fiz' Stape
- Duration: 2001 — 2014, 2015 —Birthday: 25 September 1984 (aged 30)Family: Tyrone Dobbs (partner); Hope Stape (daughter); Chesney Brown (sister); Joseph Brown (nephew); Cilla Battersby-Brown (mother)
N้e Fiona Brown. Machinist at Underworld. Portrayed by Jennie McAlpine.
- Arch-Enemy: Sally Webster, for a time after she was released.
- Kirsty Soames, when she was physically abusing Tyrone.
- Fiery Redhead: At times.
- Genki Girl
- Miscarriage of Justice: Was found guilty of murder, along with her husband John Stape, even though it was only him. Fortunately, he confessed before he died and she was released.
- Plucky Girl
- Prison Episode: Several, when she was in prison before her trial for murder.
- Duration: 2010 —Birthday: 6 December 2010 (aged 4)Family: Fiz Stape (mother); John Stape (father); Chesney Brown (uncle); Joseph Brown (first cousin)
Baby daughter of Fiz and John. Portrayed by an uncredited actress.
- Disappeared Dad: Her father John Stape died of his injuries sustained while on the run for murder.
- Duration: 2012 —Birthday: 9 September 2012 (aged 3)Family: Tyrone Dobbs (father); Kirsty Soames (mother)
Portrayed by an uncredited actress.
- Fake Mixed Race: The baby that plays her is obviously much darker than one would expect from a person who is three-quarters white.
10 A Coronation Street (Above the front of The Kabin)
Property Owner: Rita Tanner
- Duration: 1964, 1972 —Birthday: 25 February 1932 (aged 83)Family: Dennis Tanner (husband)
N้e Rita Littlewood. Owner of the Kabin. Portrayed by Barbara Knox.
- Cool Old Lady: She frequently acts as a mentor to many a troubled young woman, such as Tina McIntyre.
- Fiery Redhead: Though not a natural redhead, much to her embarrassment.
- Musical Episode: She has sung a number of times, most recently A Winter's Tale by David Essex a few weeks after the Tram Crash in 2010.
- Straight Man: To Norris's blustering Small Name, Big Ego.
11 Coronation Street
Property Owner: Eileen Grimshaw
- Duration: 2000 -Birthday: 7 October 1961 (aged 53)Family: Todd Grimshaw (son); Jason Grimshaw (son); Julie Carp (half sister);
Switch operator for Streetcars. Portrayed by Sue Cleaver.
- Arch-Enemy: Gail Rodwell, for a number of years now, though it's cooled more recently as they has less to do with each other. They still happily snipe at each other in the street though.
- Butt Monkey: Even by soap standards, Eileen has a hard life.
- Deadpan Snarker
- Mama Bear: God help you if you hurt one of her boys.
- Duration: 2000 -Birthday: 27 June 1983 (aged 32)Family: Eileen Grimshaw (mother); Todd Grimshaw (brother);
Builder. Portrayed by Ryan Thomas.
- Ambiguously Brown: Until his father appeared onscreen in 2003.
- Brainless Beauty
- Dumb Muscle: Most of the time, although Jason often shows flashes of insight that suggest he's more lazy than truly unintelligent.
- Hair-Trigger Temper: When he hit Marcus for stealing his girlfriend Maria in the Rovers.
- Mr. Fanservice: Often seen shirtless or walking around in boxers.
- The Unfavorite: To his smarter, more sensitive brother Todd.
- Duration: 2001 - 2004, 2007, 2011, 2013 -Birthday: 13 January 1985 (aged 30)Family: Eileen Grimshaw (mother); Jason Grimshaw (brother)
Returned (in late 2013) after nine years of living in London. Portrayed by Bruno Langley.
- Disproportionate Retribution: Since his return, he concocts well thought out revenge schemes against those he feels have wronged him.
- Gayngst: When he was going out with Sarah Platt, she was pregnant with their baby and he realised he was gay. It didn't help matters that he kissed her brother and was having an affair with nurse Karl Foster during it.
- Manipulative Bastard
- Took a Level in Jerkass: Like with Ryan Connor, he has devolved from a likable, studious character to a selfish and derelict jerk.
- Straight Gay
- Duration: 2003, 2004 -Birthday: 13 September 1976 (aged 39)
Machinist at Underworld and barman. Portrayed by Antony Cotton.
12 Coronation Street (Above the back of The Kabin)
Property Owner: Julie Carp
13 Coronation Street
Property Owner: Kevin Webster
- Duration: 1983 —Birthday: 3 September 1965 (aged 50)Family: Sally Webster (ex-wife); Rosie Webster (daughter); Sophie Webster (daughter); Jack Webster (son)
Car mechanic. Portrayed by Michael Le Vell.
- Hair-Trigger Temper
- Jerkass: To some since the affair, to others he's simply Strangled by the Red String.
- Miles Gloriosus: Considering that he only ever starts fights with harmless characters.
- Mr Fix It: He's a car mechanic, with Tyrone and Tommy.
- Papa Wolf: Mostly towards Rosie (even though the things he defended her from were usually her fault!)
- Put on a Bus: Due to Michael Le Vell's sexual offence allegations. He is said to be in Germany visiting his sick father Bill.
- The Bus Came Back: Le Vell has been found not guilty on all counts, and apparently in talks to return to the show with a "major storyline".
- Took Alevel In Jerkass: During his affair with his Tyrone's wife Molly which produced a son, Jack. Most considered the plot rushed and out of character and a textbook case of Romantic Plot Tumor.
- Duration: 2010 —Birthday: 6 September 2010 (aged 5)Family: Kevin Webster (father); Molly Dobbs (mother); Rosie Webster (half sister); Sophie Webster (half sister)
N้ Jack Dobbs. Portrayed by Jaxon Beswick and Maddox Beswick.
- Duration: 1994 —Birthday: 4 November 1994 (aged 20)Family: Sally Webster (mother); Kevin Webster (father); Rosie Webster (sister); Jack Webster (half brother)
Religious daughter of Kevin and Sally. Works in Dev's Corner Shop. Portrayed by Brooke Vincent.
- Attention Whore: As a result of the attention her sister got over her.
- Brief Accent Imitation: Has imitated Dev's accent occasionally.
- Clingy Jealous Girl: Sulked every time her former girlfriend Sian so much as talked to anyone else.
- Deadpan Snarker
- Only Sane Man
- Lipstick Lesbian
- Nietzsche Wannabe
- Spoiled Brat: Unlike Rosie, she never gets away with it.
- The Unfavorite
- Token Good Teammate: Of the Webster family. She's definitely the nicest and most stable.
15 A Coronation Street (Above the D&S Corner Shop)
Property Owner: Dev Alahan
12 Victoria Street
Property Owner: Carla Connor
- Duration: 2006 -Birthday: 3 January 1975 (aged 40)Family: Rob Donovan (brother)
N้e Carla Donovan. Owner of Underworld. Portrayed by Alison King.
- Defrosting Ice Queen: Has gone through various levels of frostiness over the past few years.
- Expy: Well, technically, she's not an expy, but Bree from Desperate Housewives is an expy of Carla!
- Karma Houdini: In 2007, Carla was indirectly responsible for the death of Polish factory worker Kasia Barowicz. Carla had illegally allowed Kasia to work through the night and Kasia ended up slipping and falling to her death in the factory. Carla had Wiki, the other Polish worker present, pretend that the accident had happened after 8 am, their clocking-in time. To date, no one has ever found out the truth and Wiki herself returned to Poland in 2009.
- Rich Bitch: Particularly in her initial appearances but thankfully she has several hidden depths.
- Self Made Woman: Originally grew up on a Council Estate.
- Second Love: To Peter Barlow.
- Spiritual Successor: As a ruthless, charming businesswoman who came from nothing Carla bears a certain resemblance to Mike Baldwin, the factory's previous owner.
14 A Victoria Street (Above Jamila House Community Centre}
Property Owner: Yasmeen Nazir
15 A Victoria Street (Above Street Cars}
Property Owner: Steve McDonald and Lloyd Mullaney
- Duration: 2005 - 2006, 2007 -Birthday: 1964 (aged 50/51)Family: Jenna Kamara (daughter); Andrea Beckett (partner)
Cab driver at Streetcars. Portrayed by Craig Charles.
- British Accents: He has a Scouse (Liverpool) accent, in contrast to most of the characters.
- Expy: Many consider him an Expy of Charles's other best known character, Dave Lister
- Token Minority: One of the street's first black regulars, the powers that be seemed to struggle with what to do with him other than have him date the show's only other black character. Although in recent years, he has been involved in many more storylines of his own.
- Vitriolic Best Buds: With Steve McDonald, who he co-owns the local cab firm with.
- Duration: 2013 -Birthday: UnknownFamily: Neil Beckett (husband); Lloyd Mullaney (partner)
Steve McDonald's friend from college. Portrayed by Hayley Tamaddon.
16 A Victoria Street (Above Roy's Rolls)
Property Owner: Roy Cropper
- Duration: 1995 -Birthday: 21 September 1954 (aged 60)Family: Hayley Cropper (widowed wife); Sylvia Goodwin (mother)
Full name Royston Cropper. Owner of Roy's Rolls. Portrayed by David Neilson.
- Ambiguous Disorder: Roy has a lot of quirks and can be just downright odd at times.
- Bunny-Ears Lawyer: He might be a bit odd but he makes a bloody good full English breakfast.
- Cloud Cuckoo Lander: Regarded as one in-universe, though he doesn't fully deserve the reputation.
- Disappeared Dad: His father, St John Cropper, left him when he was very young and didn't try to contact him again until 2011. Unfortunately, the letter arrived too late (in 2013), and St John had died three months before.
- Friend to All Living Things: He was the first see the friendly neighbourhood Serial Killer for what he was, when said serial killer destroyed a nest of bats.
18 A Victoria Street (Above Prima Doner)
Property Owner: Dev Alahan
- Duration: 1997 - 2000, 2004 -Birthday: 2 July 1981 (aged 34)Family: Nick Tilsley (husband); Les Battersby (father); Stella Price (mother); Gloria Price (grandmother); Eva Price (half sister); Simon Barlow (adoptive son)
N้e Leanne Battersby. Works at Nick's Bistro. Portrayed by Jane Danson.
- Good Bad Girl: Originally. Although she has settled down, she's still is a tough cookie.
- High-Class Call Girl: Was one for a few months, although the rest of the street will probably never let her forget it.
- Jerkass: Has a habit of picking petty fights whenever she interacts with ex-husband Peter Barlow.
- Karma Houdini
- Duration: 2003, 2008 -Birthday: 6 July 2003 (aged 12)Family: Peter Barlow (father); Leanne Tilsley (adoptive mother); Ken Barlow (grandfather)
Birth name Simon Richards. Student. Portrayed by Alex Bain.
- Enfant Terrible: He is set to start physically abusing his adoptive mother Leanne in an upcoming storyline.
- I Am Not My Father: After his father is found guilty of Tina's murder, Simon says he wants to be known by his first surname (Richards) in order to not let anyone know they're related.
- Innocent Prodigy
- Jerkass: To Sunita's kids when he made some rude comments about their mother. He's also lied to try and get Carla in trouble with Peter.
19 A Victoria Street (Adjacent to the Builder's Yard)
Property Owner: Jason Grimshaw
- Duration: 2013 —Birthday: 22 February 1995 (aged 20)Family: Luke Britton (brother)
Works in Nick's Bistro. Portrayed by Tisha Merry.
Flat 8 Victoria Court
Property Owner: Nick Tilsley
- Duration: 1981 - 1996, 1997 - 1999, 2002, 2003 - 2004, 2009 -Birthday: 3 December 1980 (aged 34)Family: Leanne Tilsley (wife); Gail Rodwell (mother); Audrey Roberts (grandmother); David Platt (brother); Sarah Platt (sister); Bethany Platt (niece); Lily Platt (niece); Kylie Platt (sister in law)
Owner of Nick's Bistro. Portrayed by Ben Price.
- Bishounen: In his younger years.
- Mr. Fanservice: When he was being portrayed by Adam Rickitt.
- Smug Snake
- Took a Level in Jerkass: Has changed from a likeable enough character to a horrible Jerkass who claims (wrongly) that his brother David tried to kill him and tries to force him to leave the street.
- Who's Your Daddy?: He was a possible father of Kylie's daughter Lily. It turns out she was David's.
- Your Cheating Heart: Cheated on Leanne with his sister-in-law Kylie Platt at Christmas 2012.
9 A Rosamund Street (Above Barlow's Buys)
Property Owner: Peter Barlow
- Duration: 2008 —Birthday: 1967 (aged 47/48)Family: Gary Windass (son); Faye Windass (adoptive daughter); Jake Windass (grandson); Miley Windass (adoptive granddaughter)
Portrayed by Debbie Rush.
- Apron Matron: To Gary and Faye.
- Jerkass: Has devolved over time from nice down-to-earth woman to angry fishwife.
- Mama Didn't Raise No Criminal: After Gary got thrown out of the Army.
- Ms. Fanservice: Like Eva Price, sometimes wears revealing dresses that show off cleavage.
- Duration: 2008 -Birthday: 1986 (aged 28/29)Family: Jake Windass (son); Anna Windass (mother); Faye Windass (adoptive sister); Miley Windass (adoptive niece)
Builder. Portrayed by Mikey North.
- Delinquents: In his early appearances.
- Fiery Redhead
- Shell-Shocked Veteran: Though only away for a few months, he came back considerably disturbed after an enemy attack left a friend of his dead.
- Duration: 2011 —Birthday: 13 March 2002 (aged 13)Family: Anna Windass (adoptive mother); Tim Metcalfe (father); Miley Windass (daughter); Gary Windass (adoptive brother); Jake Windass (adoptive nephew)
N้e Faye Butler. Student. Portrayed by Ellie Leach.
- Bratty Teenage Daughter: Although not a teenager yet, definitely qualifies as one.
- Evil Orphan
- Jerkass: To her mother, Anna Windass — she even claims that Anna has hit her in order to get to live with her father.
- Parental Neglect: When she came to live with her father, heleft her on her own, let her go hungry and didn't pay for her to go on school trips. Anna hoped these factors would make Faye come back — she did, eventually.
- Duration: 2015 —Birthday: 3 April 2015 (aged less than 1)Family: Faye Windass (mother); Jackson Hodge (father); Anna Windass (adoptive grandmother); Tim Metcalfe (grandfather); Gary Windass (adoptive uncle); Jake Windass (adoptive first cousin)
Faye's baby daughter. Portrayed by Erin, Eilah and Elsie (triplets).
5 Grassmere Drive
Property Owner: Audrey Roberts
- Duration: 1979 - 1982, 1984, 1985 -Birthday: 23 July 1940 (aged 75)Family: Gail Rodwell (daughter); Nick Tilsley (grandson); David Platt (grandson); Sarah Platt (granddaughter); Bethany Platt (great-granddaughter); Lily Platt (great-granddaughter)
N้e Audrey Potter. Owner of Audrey's Salon. Portrayed by Sue Nicholls.
28 Grayling Street
Property Owner: Unknown
- Duration: 2010 -Birthday: 24 January 1986 (aged 29)Family: Jake Windass (son); Owen Armstrong (father); Katy Armstrong (sister); Joseph Brown (nephew)
Full name Isabelle Armstrong. Portrayed by Cherylee Houston.
- Disabled Snarker
- Overprotective Dad: Her father Owen moved onto the street to stalk/watch over her.
- Ill Girl: As a child, and the reason her father is so overprotective.
- Duration: 2013 —Birthday: 27 May 2013 (aged 2)Family: Gary Windass (father); Izzy Armstrong (mother); Owen Armstrong (grandfather); Anna Windass (grandmother); Katy Armstrong (aunt); Faye Windass (adoptive aunt); Joseph Brown (first cousin)
Biological son of Izzy Armstrong and Gary Windass. Carried by Tina McIntyre. She initially refused to hand him over to his biological parents but did so after seeing how upset they were.
- Dead Guy Junior: Tina was going to change his name to Joe, in honour of her deceased father before she gave him back to Gary and Izzy.
Property Owner: Mary Taylor
- Duration: 2008 - 2009, 2010 -Birthday: 1974 (aged 40/41)
Batty admirer of Norris. Lives in a motor home on the street. Portrayed by Patti Clare.
- Abhorrent Admirer: Norris certainly views her as this; he has never accepted her advances or her attepts to get close to him.
- Big Eater: Much to Norris's annoyance, she has an absent minded habit of endlessly eating the sweets in the Kabin while working.
- Chekhov's Skill: Her piano playing — came in handy when Rita Tanner needed someone to accompany her singing in the Rovers at Christmas 2010 ("A Winter's Tale" by David Essex).
- Cloud Cuckoolander: Of the highest order.
- Jerk with a Heart of Gold: Although she can be arrogant and rude at times, she does have kind moment. For example, when she won a flight to America as a prize in a competition, she instead gave the tickets to Roy and Hayley so that they could go and see Sylvia.
- Large Ham
- Regional Speciality: Is well trained in a variety of different cuisines of different cultures (French, Greek, Moroccan, Russian, Spanish etc) and has put on themed nights in Roy's Rolls and The Bistro, before she got fired
- Single-Target Sexuality: Towards Norris.
- And then Roy Cropper, for a while.
- Now its Dev Alahan.
- Small Name, Big Ego: Like Norris, she appears to have a much higher opinion of her talents and skills than other people.
- Younger Than They Look: Perhaps due to her dress sense or hairstyle; she is only meant to be 39 years old.
Flat 3, Cheapstow Road, Weatherfield
Andrew "Andy" Carver
- Duration: 2014 —Birthday: 8 June 1985 (aged 30)
An imposter who turned up to Michael Rodwell pretending to be Gavin Rodwell. He's a flatmate of the real Gavin, who is abroad. Portrayed by Oliver Farnworth.
Outside Coronation Street
- Duration: 1986- 1991, 1993, 2015 -Birthday: 13 March 1971 (aged 44)
Rita's former foster daughter and Kevin's romantic interest. Portrayed by Sally Ann Matthews.
- Bratty Teenage Daughter: Jenny was definitely this during the 80's, though she mostly grew out of it.
- The Bus Came Back: A regular character in the eighties and nineties, she was absent from Corrie for over twenty years before returning in 2015, as Kevin Webster's romantic interest.
- Parental Abandonment: Her father, Alan Bradley, abandoned Jenny and her mother as a child and only reconnected with her after social services' contacted him following Jenny's mother's death in a car accident in 1986.
- Sympathy for the Devil: For Alan Bradley, despite knowing that he tried to kill Rita. Justified in that he's her father,
- Duration: 2003, 2014 —Birthday: 14 March (age unknown)Family: Jason Grimshaw (son); Eileen Grimshaw (ex-partner)
Jason's father who last appeared ten years ago. Portrayed by Terence Maynard.
- The Atoner: He comes back to Weatherfield in order to try and make up his absence to his son, Jason.
- Opportunistic Bastard: This sums up Tony nicely.
- Duration: 2014 —Birthday: Unknown.Family: Max Turner (son)
Max's drug dealer biological father. Portrayed by Sean Ward.
- Evil Wears Black: Not exactly evil but he always appears dressed in black clothes.
- Teeny Weenie: Gail rather humorously implied he had one in a rant against him in February 2015.
- Duration: 2014 —Birthday: UnknownFamily: Steph Britton (sister)
Works in Webster's Auto Centre. Portrayed by Dean Fagan.
- Mr Fix It: He is a car mechanic like Tyrone and Kevin.
- Duration: 2015 —Family: Josie Hodge (mother); Greig Hodge (father); Miley Windass (daughter)
Faye's schoolmate and the father of her baby daughter, Miley. Portrayed by Rhys Cadman.
Returning and future characters (spoilers!)
This is for characters who have been in the show before, left and are returning; or new characters announced.
The Dead and the Departed
This is for characters who have either died or have left the street by moving elsewhere.
Beverly 'Bev' Unwin
- Duration: 2003 — 2006, 2015Birthday: c 1955 (aged 60)Family: Shelley Unwin (daughter)Where currently: Peak District, England.
N้e Beverly Baker. Deirdre wass staying with her. Portrayed by Susie Blake. Returned for Deirdre's departure storyline.
- Duration: 1965 - 1971, 1973, 1975, 1977, 1978, 1986, 2000 - 2003, 2007, 2008 - 2014, 2015Birthday: 5 April 1965 (aged 50)Family: Simon Barlow (son); Ken Barlow (father)Where currently: Antigua.
Ken's frequently philandering son. Portrayed by Chris Gascoyne. He returned briefly in 2015 for Deirdre's departure storyline.
- The Alcoholic: Noteworthy on a show where most consume twice the British average amounts for alcohol and practically live in the pub. Peter is the only actual dry drunk, though by some measures most of the cast qualify as functional alcoholics.
- Arch-Enemy: Rob Donovan, his sister Tracy's former fianc้.
- I Am Not My Father: Comparisons to dad Ken are something of a Berserk Button for him.
- Big Brother Instinct : towards Tracy his "baby" sister
- Children Raise You
- Jerk With Aheart Of Gold
- Miscarriage of Justice: He was tried, found guilty of and imprisoned for murdering Tina McIntyre. He was only released once the real killer, Rob Donovan, was caught.
- Parental Abandonment: The main reason his relationship is strained is because his father shipped him and his twin sister of to their Scottish grandparents at the age of six following the death of their mother. To be fair though it was how it was done in those days.
- Duration: 1972, 1973 — 2014Born: 8 July 1955Died: 8 July 2015 (aged 60)Family: Ken Barlow (husband); Tracy Barlow (daughter); Amy Barlow (granddaughter)
N้e Deirdre Hunt. One of the longest running characters. Portrayed by Anne Kirkbride. She died of a suspected aneurysm while staying with her friend Bev.
- Catch Phrase: "Oh, Tracy". (whenever Tracy did something bad — which was frequently)
- The Character Died With Her: Anne Kirkbride sadly passed away in January 2015, aged only sixty. As with her onscreen mother, Blanche, Deirdre also died.
- Extreme Doormat: For Tracy.
- My Master, Right or Wrong: Always put Tracy on a pedestal, not matter how horrible her crimes.
- No Sympathy: Unless your name happened to be Tracy Barlow.
- Duration: 2008 — 2015Birthday: 1977 (aged 37/38)Family: Eileen Grimshaw (half sister)Where currently: Round the world cruise ship.
Machinist. Portrayed by Katy Cavanagh. Left with Brian on a round the world trip.
- Cloud Cuckoo Lander: At times.
- Genki Girl: She's cheery almost to a fault.
- Notable exception was at Kirk and Beth's reception, when Beth's sister (and Sin้ad's mother) Arlene tried to flirt with Dev, resulting in Julie tearing into Arlene quite loudly and publicly.
- Odd Friendship: With her serious cynical older sister Eileen.
- Duration: 2013 - 2015Born: 3 February 1997Died: 1 June 2015 (aged 18)Family: Sophie Webster (partner)
Car cleaner at Kevin's garage. Formerly homeless girl at the shelter where Sophie Webster volunteered. Portrayed by Amy Kelly. Died after being flung from an explosion in the builder's yard.
- Big Sister Instinct: She was incredibly protective of her younger brother Ben and was very upset when she fout out his foster parents were planning to move to Devon.
- Deadpan Snarker
- Jerk with a Heart of Gold: She stole Sally Webster's handbag on Christmas Day 2013, even though Sophie was nice to her and tried to help her.
- She only did this out of desperation to help her mother.
- Lipstick Lesbian: As Sophie was shocked to discover.
- McLeaned: The actress left the show so Maddie died from injuries inflicted on the night of the fire.
- Satisfied Street Rat
- Street Urchin: Implied to have been one.
Khalid 'Kal' Nazir
- Duration: 2013 - 2015Born: 1972/1973Died: 28 May 2015 (aged 42/43)Family: Jamilia Nazir (deceased wife); Alya Nazir (daughter); Zeedan Nazir (son); Sharif Nazir (father); Yasmeen Nazir (mother); Leanne Battersby (partner)
Gym instructor. Portrayed by Jimi Mistry. Died in the fire at Carla's flat.
- Dropped a Bridge on Him: And how.
- Mr. Fanservice: At least, he was to Sinead and Beth Sutherland, who ogled him when he first came to the Rovers.
- Overprotective Dad: To both his children.
- Papa Wolf: To his only daughter, Alya.
- Romantic False Lead: He ultimately served as this to Leanne.
- Duration: 2010 — 2015Birthday: 20 September 1958 (aged 56)Family: Izzy Armstrong (daughter); Katy Armstrong (daughter); Jake Windass (grandson); Chesney Brown (grandson)Where currently: Aberdeen, Scotland.
Builder. Portrayed by Ian Puleston-Davies. When his relationship with Anna failed, he left to visit Katie and when he returned, take a job in Aberdeen.
- Hair-Trigger Temper: Flies into a rage at the slightest provocation, whether it's at Tim or Karl or Stella.
- Jerkass: For him, violence seems to be the only answer.
- He physically threatened Eileen when she stole some money off him.
- He physically threatened Faye's real dad and tried to warn him off.
- He started destroying what he had already built in the Rovers when Stella couldn't pay.
- He threw Tina out of his flat when she refused to give his daughter her son; arguably justified but still it meant making his grandson homeless and having to live with Rita.
- He threatened Craig when he thought that Craig was the father of Faye's baby and ended up punching Kirk by accident.
- Not So Stoic: When his grandson Jake was in an incubator, he was seen crying for the first time.
- When he broke up with Anna.
- Overprotective Dad: He moved onto the street simply to stalk/watch over his daughter, Izzy.
- Papa Wolf: To both his daughters and to Faye Windass.
- Duration: 2010 — 2015Birthday: 10 September 1994 (aged 21)Family: Owen Armstrong (father); Joseph Brown (son); Izzy Armstrong (sister)Where currently: Faro, Portugal
Works at Prima Doner. Portrayed by Georgia May Foote. Went to live with her mother in Portugal.
- Duration: 2011 —Birthday: 24 December 2011 (aged 3)Family: Katy Armstrong (mother); Chesney Brown (father); Fiz Stape (aunt)Where currently: Faro, Portugal.
- Away in a Manger: He was born on Christmas Eve 2011, during a Nativity play.
- Duration: 2015Born: 20 April 1985Died: 13 March 2015 (aged 29)
Michael's actual son. He was a flatmate of the fake Gavin, Andy. Portrayed by Mark Holgate. Died in a car accident (he had a heart attack at the wheel) after blackmailing Gail and Andy out of ฃ5,000.
- Duration: 2011 —Birthday: 10 February 1988 (aged 27)Family: Stella Prince (mother); Gloria Prince (grandmother); Leanne Tilsley (half sister)Where currently: France.
A high-maintenance Underworld secretary. Portrayed by Catherine Tyldesley. Staying in France with her grandmother Gloria.
- Bratty Teenage Daughter: Frequently acts like this, even though she is in her late twenties.
- Clingy Jealous Girl: To Nick Tilsley. Refused to accept that it was over and even tried to wreck her sister's wedding so that she could be with him.
- Ms. Fanservice: Frequently wore dresses that accentuate her cleavage.
- Duration: 2003 — 2007, 2014Birthday: 17 December 1965 (aged 49)Family: Fiz Stape (daughter); Chesney Brown (son); Hope Stape (granddaughter); Joseph Brown (grandson); Leanne Tilsley (stepdaughter)Where currently: Wolverhampton, England.
Fiz and Chesney's mother and Les Battersby's wife. Portrayed by Wendi Peters. Left for Las Vegas in 2007. Returned briefly in 2014.
- Embarrassing Middle Name: Her middle names are Petunia Aurelia.
- Expy: Beth seems to be an expy of her.
- Put on a Bus: She left the show for Las Vegas in 2007.
- The Bus Came Back: She returned briefly to the street in October 2014.
- Duration: 2013 - 2014Birthday: UnknownFamily: Carla Connor (sister)Where currently: Prison.
Portrayed by Marc Baylis. In prison for the murder of Tina McIntyre.
- Arch-Enemy: Peter Barlow, his (half) sister Tracy's boyfriend and his brother-in-law.
- Jerkass: Of the highest order. Him and Tracy are a match made in hell. He takes this to a whole new level when he brutally murders Tina.
James 'Jim' McDonald
- Duration: 1989 - 2000, 2003 - 2005, 2007, 2009 - 2011, 2014Birthday: 14 November 1955 (aged 59)Family: Steve McDonald (son); Amy Barlow (granddaughter); Liz McDonald (ex wife)
Steve's father and Liz's ex-husband. Portrayed by Charles Lawson. Was sent to prison in 2011 for armed robbery of a bank. Returned in the summer 2014 as 'The Landlord', dealing booze to Peter Barlow while Peter is inside.
- Northern Ireland: Where he is from.
- Verbal Tic: Jim tends to repeat things, so he does.
- He almost always uses people's full names, not the short/nickname version; for example, he calls his family members Elizabeth, Steven and Andrew.
- Duration: 2014Birthday: UnknownFamily: Andrea Beckett (wife)Where currently: Philippines.
Andrea's cuckolded husband who can't get over her. Portrayed by William Travis.
- Cuckold: Because of Andrea's infidelity with Lloyd.
- Duration: 2012 - 2014Birthday: 24 April 1984 (aged 31)Family: Lloyd Mullaney (biological father); Mandy Kamara (mother)Where currently: Burnley, England.
Former Physiotherapist, before she got fired for kissing Sophie Webster. Portrayed by Krissi Bohn.
- Lipstick Lesbian: There were no obvious indications that she was a lesbian before her storyline with Sophie.
- Duration: 1960 — 1962, 1963 — 1968, 2011 - 2014Birthday: 1 April 1942 (aged 73)Family: Rita Tanner (wife)Where currently: Unknown.
Left with Gloria Price on a tour of the world but came back shortly after leaving. Left for good for a second time later that year. Portrayed by Philip Lowrie.
- The Bus Came Back: He was on Coronation Street in the Sixties and came back after a 43 year absence.
- Jerkass: His completely unnecessary and cruel gloating at Rita, his wife, as he drove off on an adventure with Gloria Price.
- Put on a Bus: He left the street for the second time in a year in August 2014 after he realised his marriage with Rita was truly over.
- Duration: 2007 - 2008, 2011 - 2014Birthday: 1977 (aged 37/38)Where currently: London, England.
Midwife at Weatherfield's hospital. Portrayed by Charlie Condou. Left for London.
- But Not Too Gay: His relationship with Sean Tully.
- If It's You, It's Okay: Type 1; Always considering himself to be gay, Maria is the only woman he has ever been attracted to.
- Straight Gay: Certainly in contrast to his former boyfriend, Sean.
- Stupid Sexy Flanders: Before he got together with Maria.
- Duration: 2008 - 2014Born: 18 February 1991Died: 2 June 2014 (aged 23)
A barmaid in the Rovers Return. Surrogate mother of baby Jake Windass for Izzy Armstrong and Gary Windass. Portrayed by Michelle Keegan. Was murdered by being battered over the head with a pipe by Rob Donovan and died from her injuries.
- Arch-Enemy: Tracy Barlow, who teases and mocks Tina whenever she can about her surrogacy, her boyfriend leaving and anything she can think up of, generally.
- Clingy Jealous Girl: Towards Peter Barlow — she wouldn't accept that they cannot have a relationship (he is married) and she kept pursuing him or trying to make him jealous.
- Daddy's Girl: Was very upset when her father died and tried to blame Gail even after the trial found her not guilty. They made up though.
- Famous Last Words: Immediately before she gets bludgeoned to death.Tina: I was born gobby.Rob: You'll die gobby, too.
- Little Miss Snarker
- The Mistress: Peter's, although she didn't want to be. Odd, since Tina was cheated on by Graeme only a couple of years ago and was left devastated.
- Ms. Fanservice: Has won the 'Sexiest Female' award at the Soap Awards for a number of years running. She was often seen wearing revealing clothes or next to nothing.
- No One Could Survive That: What many viewers thought when she managed to survive and get up from being shoved off the builder's yard balcony. She manages to survive being beaten with a pipe too, leaving Rob shocked that she's still not dead.
- Pipe Pain: After Rob finds out (after the immediate above trope) that she is still alive after falling, he brutally batters her around the head with a pipe after she threatens him.
- Took a Level in Jerkass: The first reason mentioned immediately above.
- Too Dumb to Live: After being shoved from the builder's yard balcony by Rob she survives but immediately continues to goad and threaten him despite the fact he just tried to murder her and that she can barely even stand.
- "Know when to shut up" indeed, Rob.
- Duration: 2013 — 2014Birthday: UnknownFamily: Valerie Phelan (wife)
A (rich) bankrupt businessman who first appeared refusing to pay Owen Armstrong for work done and Owen robbed one of his motorcycles until he payed what he owed. Now is in business with Owen. Portrayed by Connor McIntyre.
- All Men Are Perverts / Covert Pervert: He tries to come onto Anna Windass when she turns up at his house to apologise for shouting at him. All while still married to Valerie.
- Blackmail: Gary Windass assaulted him and left him for dead in panic (in reaction to Phelan calling his mother Anna a tart). Phelan is using the threat of telling the police (backed up by CCTV evidence) to keep all the money the Armstrong/Windass family are owed.
- Jerkass: From refusing to pay Owen for work done back in 2013, to trying to have an affair with Owen's partner Anna, to withholding their profits and investment from the Armstrongs/Windasses, there doesn't seem to be any kinder side to him.
- Unholy Matrimony: His wife Valerie is a Rich Bitch who is no better than her husband. She doesn't sympathise with Anna at all when the latter tries to tell her about Phelan's pass at her.
- Duration: 2011 — 2014Birthday: 11 August 1963 (aged 52)Family: Eva Price (daughter); Leanne Tilsley (daughter); Gloria Price (mother)Where currently: New York City, USA.
Formerly The Rovers landlady and barmaid. Became the owner after Liz McDonald left, since her son Steve and daughter-in-law Becky couldn't be the licensees because of their criminal records. Portrayed by Michelle Collins. Left to go and live in New York City with a friend.
- Mrs. Robinson: Briefly went out with Jason Grimshaw, who is twenty years younger than her.
- Duration: 2012 — 2014Birthday: 1942 (aged 72/73)Family: Stella Prince (daughter); Eva Price (granddaughter); Leanne Tilsley (granddaughter)Where currently: France.
Stella's interfering mother. Portrayed by Sue Johnston. Left to take a tour of the world with Dennis Tanner. Subsequently settled down in France, later joined by granddaughter Eva.
- Gold Digger: Planned to marry the rich Eric Babbage for his money before he dropped dead in the Rovers, although she claimed to love him.
- Unexpected Inheritance: Eric's first will left everything to his estranged wife, so she did not expect to get anything. However, a more recent will, found later on, left her ฃ80,000 but she used all of this money to help Stella finish rebuilding the Rovers.
- Duration: 1998 - 2014Born/Died: 7 May 1966 — 20 January 2014 (aged 47)Family: Roy Cropper (husband); Christian Gatley (son); Maisie and Sam Gatley (grandchildren)
Birth name Harold Patterson. Machinist and Supervisor at Underworld. Portrayed by Julie Hesmondhalgh. She was suffering from terminal pancreatic cancer. Towards the end of her life, she committed suicide by taking a lethal overdose of her medication with Roy by her side.
- Died in Your Arms Tonight: She dies with Roy by her side on their bed. Anna and Carla come in to discover her in Roy's arms.
- Mercy Kill: Hayley gives herself a lethal dose of medication in order to end her suffering from the final stages of cancer. She insists that Roy not help her or touch the glass she is drinking or her medicine in case anyone thinks he helped her.
- Only Sane Employee: Her title of supervisor at the factory often amounts to this managing the Greek Chorus of Deadpan Snarker's and Cloud Cuckoo Lander's is quite a challenge.
- Only Sane Woman: Frequently, when husband Roy gets carried away with his eccentricities, or at Underworld where she is the supervisor.
- Plucky Girl: In a street full of them Hayley is a stand-out although still a bit too practical to be a Pollyanna.
- The Topic of Cancer: Hayley discovers that she has stage two pancreatic cancer in July 2013, and that she only has a 20% chance of living longer than five years.
- She would have succumbed to this illness in a matter of weeks had she not taken control of it and ended her life the way she wanted to.
- Transgender: A male-to-female transsexual, she was born a man named Harold. She underwent sexual reassignment surgery in Amsterdam soon after meeting Roy.
- Younger Than They Look: It was unclear how old Hayley was meant to be on-screen, but the real life actress is only 43 years old — while her character probably looked closer to 50, due to her clothes and her hairstyle.
- She was born in 1966, making her 47 or 48 when she died.
- Duration: 2010, 2011 — 2013Birthday: 20 August 1963 (aged 52)Where currently: Wales.
Formerly a Primary school principal. Portrayed by Peter Gunn. Accepted a museum job in Wales and left Julie Carp. Returned briefly in 2015 and took Julie Carp away with him on a round the world cruise.
- Duration: 1992 — 1993, 1994, 1995, 1996, 1997, 2000, 2011 - 2013Birthday: 9 September 1992 (aged 23)Family: Jack Duckworth (grandfather); Vera Duckworth (grandmother); Terry Duckworth (father); Tina McIntyre (former partner)Where currently: Canary Islands, Spain.
Car mechanic. Portrayed by Chris Fountain. Stormed off to the airport and left because Tina let her ex-boyfriend and step-brother David Platt stay over while his family are angry at him.
- The Charmer
- Ladykiller in Love
- Nice Character, Mean Actor
- Put on a Bus: Chris Fountain has been fired from the show, following the revelation that he had posted videos of himself rapping explicit and offensive lyrics under disguise as 'The Phantom' on YouTube.
- He finally left off-screen in October 2013, for the completely ridiculous and obviously little-thought-about reason mentioned above.
- Duration: 2006 - 2010, 2012 - 2013Birthday: 14 January 1992 (aged 23)Family: Michelle Connor (adoptive mother); Liam Connor, Jr (first cousin)Where currently: Ibiza, Spain.
Works at Prima Doner. Portrayed by Sol Heras. Is working as a DJ in Ibiza.
- Took a Level in Jerkass: Got thrown out of college and came back to the street as a drug addict willing to rob his own mother's factory just to get a hit. Thankfully, he got better.
- Duration: 2011 — 2013Birthday: 27 April 1963 (aged 52)Family: Stella Price (wife)Where currently: Prison; Manchester, England.
Stella's villainous husband. Burned down the Rovers Return in March 2013, killing Sunita Alahan and injuring himself and Stella in the process. Portrayed by John Michie. Was arrested and got a life sentence (minimum 25 years) for murder and arson.
- The Gambling Addict: He develops a gambling addiction in 2011, which leads him to having an affair with Sunita.
- Jerkass: Has always had hints of this, but has become a full on Jerk Ass and villain by 2013.
- Love Makes You Crazy / Love Makes You Evil: He didn't start out as a villain, but when Sunita dumps him, he is willing to do anything to get Stella back like setting fire to Jason's van, burning down the Rovers, and killing Sunita when she begins to recover from the smoke inhilation.
- Manly Tears: He is driven to tears when he 'kidnaps' Stella in a taxi and she tells him that it is over and to leave her alone.
- Duration: 2010, 2011 - 2013Birthday: 19 August (age unknown)Family: Eileen Grimshaw (former partner); Lesley Kershaw (former wife)Where currently: Unknown.
Fireman. Portrayed by Tony Hirst. Fired by new producer in 2013. He left in August 2013, after splitting up with Eileen.
- Early-Bird Cameo: In the Tram Crash live episode, he was one of the firefighters trying to rescue Molly.
- Mistaken for Racist: By Lloyd Mullaney and Lloyd's daughter Jenna. A big argument ensued between him and Lloyd over it, and was one of the reasons he and Eileen eventually split up.
- Duration: 2012 - 2013Birthday: UnknownFamily: Jenna Kamara (daughter); Lloyd Mullaney (former partner)Where currently: Wythenshawe, England.
Cook in the Rovers Return. Portrayed by Pamela Nomvete. She left in August 2013 after splitting up (again) with Lloyd Mullaney and moved to Wythenshawe.
- Duration: 2011 — 2013Birthday: circa 1935 (aged about 79/80)Family: Roy Cropper (son)Where currently: Tenerife, Spain.
Worked in Roy's cafe. Portrayed by Stephanie Cole. Quit of her own accord in 2013 for health reasons. Left the Street after Hayley was diagnosed with cancer (without on-screen explanation until after) and is currently living elsewhere with her sister Jean.
- Apron Matron: Was tough and no-nonsense to everyone, including the customers.
- Deadpan Snarker
- Jerk Ass With A Heart Of Gold
- Marijuana Is LSD: When she was taking the 'space cakes' (as Dennis Tanner called them) for her arthritis, she would remark about how pretty or shiny the suds were whilst doing the dishes.
- Screw Politeness Im A Senior: To everyone, including customers.
- Stiff Upper Lip: Roy remarks that he has never ever seen her cry.
- Trans Equals Gay: Her initial reaction on finding out that Hayley was transgender was to assume Roy was gay.
- Duration: 2001 - 2006, 2009 - 2013Born/Died: 1978 — 3 April 2013 (aged 34/35)Family: Dev Alahan (former husband); Aasha Alahan (daughter); Aadi Alahan (son)
N้e Sunita Parekh. Barmaid. Wife of Dev Alahan. Mother of Asha and Aadi. Was murdered in hospital by Karl Munro in April 2013 after inhaling smoke in the Rovers fire of March 2013. Portrayed by Shobna Gulati.
- Na๏ve Everygirl
- Screw This, I'm Outta Here!: Gulati ended up leaving The Street in response to the loads of hatemail and racism she received from fans for her character's affair with Karl Munro.
- Took a Level in Jerkass
- Duration: 2011 — 2013Birthday: 24 May 1983 (aged 32)Family: Ruby Dobbs (daughter); Tyrone Dobbs (former partner)Where currently: Outside UK.
Policewoman then worker in Underworld. Mother of Ruby Dobbs. Ex-girlfriend of Tyrone Dobbs. Is in prison for perjury/domestic abuse of Tyrone. Portrayed by Natalie Gumede. Left due to storyline. Was in prison in Manchester for lying in court but was released in April 2014.
- Berserk Button: Tyrone even mentioning his ex's.
- Bitch in Sheep's Clothing
- Clingy Jealous Girl: She started out as this and only got worse with time.
- Domestic Abuser
- Double Standard: Abuse, Female on Male: Subverted and deconstructed. Kirsty emotionally and physically abused Tyrone and it was played for drama. When Tommy and Tina told people that Kirsty was abusing him, nobody believed them, and Tyrone was too scared to admit it.
- Manipulative Bitch: Despite being relatively new, Kirsty managed to manipulate quite a lot of people to get her own way, leading to massive bouts of Karma Houdini. She was able to turn the whole street against Tina and Tommy after they found out about her abusive nature and tried to expose her; she managed to seriously injure Fiz and make her look like a crazy jealous ex with her accusations; and managed to turn the local opinion of Tyrone from a Good Is Dumb Nice Guy into a Domestic Abuser; then turn Tyrone's desperate attempts to protect his daughter into evidence of guilt.
- Duration: 1990 - 2012Birthday: 24 December 1990 (aged 24)Family: Sally Webster (mother); Kevin Webster (father); Sophie Webster (sister); Jack Webster (half brother); Jason Grimshaw (former partner)Where currently: London, England.
Portrayed by Helen Flanagan. Left to do a reality tv show in London.
- Attention Whore
- Berserk Button: Please don't confuse Helen with her Coronation Street character.
- Brainless Beauty
- Buxom Is Better: She certainly thinks so.
- Fille Fatale
- The Goth: Before she became a Fille Fatale
- Genki Girl
- Lovable Alpha Bitch: Was this after her "goth" phase.
- It's All About Me
- Karma Houdini: And how!
- Ms. Fanservice
- Manipulative Bitch: Had her moments.
- Nietzsche Wannabe: Yes, two of them in the family.
- Spoiled Brat
- Small Name, Big Ego
- Took a Level in Dumbass
- Duration: 2006 - 2012Birthday: 1980 (aged 34/35)Family: Danny Stratton (partner); Kylie Platt (sister); Lily Platt (niece); Max Turner (nephew); David Platt (brother in law); Steve McDonald (ex-husband)Where currently: Barbados.
Worked in the Rovers Return. Portrayed by Katherine Kelly. Quit of her own accord in 2012 to work on Mr Selfridge. Left in January 2012 with a new love interest, moving to Barbados.
- Arch-Enemy: Tracy Barlow
- Berserk Button: Anyone treating Roy or Hayley Cropper badly.
- Jerkass: When she first turned up, eventually became a Jerk with a Heart of Gold.
- Lady Drunk
- Mama Bear: Though neither of the children she had with Steve were actually hers (Max being her sister's son, and Amy being Steve's daughter with Tracy Barlow).
- Ms. Fanservice: Particularly in her reaction to being angry at Steve, which was to dress in revealing clothing, then go out, get drunk and get attention from men at other bars.
- Hair-Trigger Temper: Her general reaction to any sort of bad news was to get drunk and smash up whatever was nearest.
- Duration: 1969 - 2011Born/Died: 4 February 1920 — 16 April 2012 (aged 92)Family: Gordon Clegg (son)
N้e Elizabeth Preston. Iconic character that worked in the Rovers Return. Portrayed by Betty Driver. Actress died. Died on-screen also, while living away with her son.
- Apron Matron
- Deadpan Snarker: Her dry commentary was a Rovers staple for over forty years.
- Supreme Chef: The reason she remained a steadfast employee for as long as she did, her Hotpot is one of the reasons the place is so popular.
- Duration: 2007 - 2011Born/Died: 22 November 1979 — 28 October 2011 (aged 31)Family: Hope Stape (daughter); Fiz Stape (former wife)
School teacher. Portrayed by Graeme Hawley. Died in October 2011 after crashing a car on the way to court to try and get Fiz off the hook.
- Black Comedy: His accidental descent into worse and worse crimes is played for dark laughs.
- Butt Monkey
- Ineffectual Sympathetic Villain
- Jumping Off the Slippery Slope: Started out with an affair with a student; later went to kidnapping, identity theft, fraud and finally, murder. All completely unintentional and bumbling.
- Not-So-Harmless Villain: Bumbling as he may be, he still committed murder with a hammer.
- Well-Intentioned Extremist
- Duration: 2010 - 2011Birthday: 17 January 1981 (aged 34)Family: Russ Gray (son); Chris Gray (ex-wife); Lloyd Mullaney (former partner)Where currently: Unknown.
Portrayed by Holly Quin-Ankrah. Fired by producer, along with her family. Left with her son Russ after finding out Chris had lied about his cancer.
- Domestic Abuse: From her ex-husband Chris.
- Single Mom Stripper: Initially, but then worked at Nick's Bistro.
- Small Name, Big Ego: Likes to think a lot of herself and her son Russ.
- Duration: 2008 - 2011Birthday: 1990 (aged 24/25)Family: Xin Proctor (wife); Tina McIntyre (former partner)Where currently: London, England.
Butcher and window cleaner. Introduced as friend of David Platt for Juvenile. Portrayed by Craig Gazey. Left with Xin after marrying her.
- Cloud Cuckoolander: He had a unique way with people and way of seeing the world.
- Raised by Wolves: The reason for his uniqueness.
- Pyromaniac: Graeme loved a good fire.
- Duration: 2011Birthday: 23 September 1987 (aged 27)Family: Graeme Proctor (husband)Where currently: London, England.
N้e Xin Chiang. Friend of Tina that married Graeme in order to remain in the UK. Portrayed by Elizabeth Tan. Left with Graeme after marrying him.
- Citizenship Marriage: To Graeme.
- Duration: 1979, 1981, 1982 - 2010Born/Died: 7 November 1936 — 7 November 2010 (aged 74)Family: Vera Duckworth (wife); Terry Duckworth (son); Tommy Duckworth (grandson)
Full name John Harold Duckworth. Practically stepfather of Tyrone Dobbs. Portrayed by Bill Tarmey. Died of a heart attack in November 2010.
- Friend to All Living Things: Particularly to pigeons, which he kept out in his back yard.
- Henpecked Husband: Vera was always giving out to him over minor things (such as his pigeons). She even did this after she died (in the scene where she came to accompany Jack when he died):Vera: Look at the state of that collar! Is it too much effort to go and look in the mirror?
- Duration: 1974 - 1978, 1981, 1996, 1997, 1998 - 2009Born/Died: 22 January 1936 — 3 May 2010 (aged 74)Family: Deirdre Barlow (daughter); Tracy Barlow (granddaughter); Amy Barlow (great-granddaughter)
N้e Blanche Linfield. Portrayed by Maggie Jones. Died of a heart attack off-screen in Portugal in May 2010.
- Aww, Look! They Really Do Love Each Other: She and daughter Deirdre shared a few of these moments.
- Brutal Honesty: Was famous for it; bordered on Jerkass at times though. For example, about Liz McDonald she said:
- Crapsack World: Her view of the world.
- Deadpan Snarker: Of the highest order.
- Put on a Bus: What happened to her character between the death of the actress and the on-screen death. She was said to be living in Portugal with her friend May.
- Screw Politeness Im A Senior: To the extreme.
Veronica 'Vera' Duckworth
- Duration: 1974, 1976 - 2008, 2010Born/Died: 3 September 1937 — 18 January 2008 (aged 70)Family: Jack Duckworth (husband); Terry Duckworth (son); Tommy Duckworth (grandson)
N้e Veronica Burton. Wife of Jack. Mother of Terry. Grandmother of Tommy. Practically stepmother of Tyrone Dobbs. Portrayed by Elizabeth Dawn. Died of a heart attack in January 2008; appeared in ghostly form when Jack died two years later.
- Apron Matron
- The House of Windsor: She believed herself to be a 2nd cousin once removed of Queen Elizabeth II, from an illegitimate child of King Edward VII — it is unknown whether or not this was true or just a tale.
- Jacob Marley Apparel: Averted; when she appeared in 2010, she was wearing different clothes from when she died two years previously.
- Tearjerker: Her death, and particularly Jack's reaction to it.
- Duration: 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004 — 2007Birthday: 3 May 1988 (aged 27)Family: Mike Baldwin (father); Ken Barlow (grandfather); Peter Barlow (half brother)Where currently: Canada.
Portrayed by Iain de Caestecker and Sam Robertson. He lived with Granddad Ken for a while after leaving school. Last heard to be in Canada being cared for by Ken.
- Duration: 1995 - 1997, 2007'Birthday: 4 January 1995 (aged 20)Family: Ken Barlow (father); Peter Barlow (half brother)Where currently: Unknown.
Portrayed by Lewis Harney. The youngest son of Ken Barlow, currently living with his mother. Mostly mentioned when Peter wants to make Ken feel guilty.
- Duration: 1976 - 2006Born/Died: 16 February 1942 — 7 April 2006 (aged 64)Family: Adam Barlow (son); Danny Baldwin (son); Warren Baldwin (grandson); Jamie Baldwin (grandson)
Portrayed by Johnny Briggs. Owned the factory over the road (amongst other things), for most of its existence starting as Balwin's Casuals and then after it became Underworld. Mike was a tenacious self-made man who got where he was by hard work and a lot of charm, not that he ever let anyone forget it. Mike always liked Deirdre and that turned into an affair in 1983 unfortunately Deirdre decided to stay married to Ken. Ken would never forgive Mike for the affair although Mike and Deirdre would remain friends until his death. A few years later Mike would marry Ken's daughter Susan (at least partly to annoy Ken) but his sexism (she wanted to work he wanted a housewife) would cost him the relationship. Susan left him after telling him she aborted his baby. A few years later he would meet Alma Sedgewick, arguably the love of his life who he then dumped for a young blond tart. This would be a pattern for them and they would break up and get back together several times for much the same reason. In 2001, Peter Barlow revealed that Susan had lied and had actually had a son with Mike named Adam. Mike's rivalry with Ken flared up again when Susan died and the two men fought for custody of Adam. As he was getting older, Mike decided to bring in a partner: his nephew Danny Baldwin. It was revealed that Danny was actually Mike's son. However, they never got much time together as Mike developed Alzheimer's disease. Mike died outside the factory in the arms of Ken Barlow, of a heart attack, on 7 April 2006.
- Manipulative Bastard: He was incredibly manipulative when he wanted to be, and he was usually successful.
- Self-Made Man: He started out working out of his attic and built up his business to a successful textile factory, allowing him to live quite a bit better than most of the street's inhabitants.
- Smug Smiler: Mike had the greatest shit-eating grin.
- Duration: 2001 - 2003Born/Died: 20 December 1951 — 14 March 2003 (aged 51)Family: Gail Rodwell (former wife)
Ex-husband of Gail. Serial killer — murdered his ex-wife (at the time) and Maxine Peacock, Ashley's wife. Died when he drove a car with Gail, David and Sarah into a canal. Famously called 'Norman Bates with a briefcase' by Gail. Portrayed by Brian Capron.
- Duration: 1965 - 1971, 1973, 1979 - 1980, 1981, 1985 - 1987, 2001Born/Died: 5 April 1965 — 11 February 2001 (aged 35)Family: Ken Barlow (father); Peter Barlow (brother); Simon Barlow (nephew)
Portrayed by Katie Heanneau, Wendy Jane Walker, Suzy Patterson and Joanna Foster. Ken's oldest daughter and Peter's twin sister. She famously married Mike Baldwin and had his son. Died in a car crash trying to run away from a custody fight with Mike. Mostly mentioned when Ken wants to manipulate Peter.
- Duration: 1961, 1962 - 1971Born/Died: 26 November 1942 — 27 January 1971 (aged 28)Family: Ken Barlow (former wife); Peter Barlow (son); Susan Barlow (daughter); Simon Barlow (grandson); Adam Barlow (grandson)
N้e Valerie Tatlock. Portrayed by Anne Reid. Ken's long suffering first wife and mother of Susan and Peter. She kept house and home together while Ken was busy being involved in politics and getting involved with other women. Was the street's first hairdresser and ran her own shop out of number 9. Died when faulty wiring on her hair dryer electrocuted her and started a fire in her home.