Map of Street
This is the list of characters and their tropes for Coronation Street
. Be warned though, as a Long Runner
, the cast is voluminous
. Only current characters have full character sheets since doing one for the hundreds that have existed in the shows history would probably be a lifelong project. Characters not currently appearing on the show and certain very notable dead characters have their own section with brief descriptions at the bottom of the page.
There is a map to the left, made by the Ordnance Survey.
This page is current as of January 2015 in Coronation Street
. If you are not caught up, beware spoilers!
open/close all folders
The Rovers Return Inn
Property Owner: Liz and Steve McDonald
: 26 June 1974 (aged 40)
Family: Liz McDonald (mother); Amy Barlow (daughter)
Cab driver and owner of Streetcars and the Rovers. Portrayed by Simon Gregson.
: 1989 - 1998, 2000 - 2001, 2003 - 2011, 2013 -
: 3 November 1957 (aged 57)
Family: Steve McDonald (son); Amy Barlow (granddaughter); Jim McDonald (ex husband)
Nιe Elizabeth Greenwood. Returned late 2013 after two years of living in Spain — bought the Rovers with Steve. Portrayed by Beverley Callard.
: 14 March (age unknown)
Family: Jason Grimshaw (son); Eileen Grimshaw (ex-partner)
Jason's father who last appeared ten years ago. Portrayed by Terence Maynard.
1 Coronation Street
Property Owner: Ken Barlow
: 9 October 1939 (aged 75)
Family: Deirdre Barlow (wife); Peter Barlow (son); Tracy Barlow (adoptive daughter); Simon Barlow (grandson); Amy Barlow (granddaughter); Carla Connor (daughter-in-law)
The oldest continuously present character on the show. Portrayed by Bill Roache.
- Arch-Enemy: Mike Baldwin, for literally decades, until his death a few years ago.
- Cultural Rebel: Ken was the first in his family to attend University and has always aspired to somewhat more intellectual than his neighbours and family.
- Long Runner: Worth noting, as he is the only remaining original cast member from the first episode (from 1960!) and has never left the show at any point.
- He was out of the show due to certain allegations against him. He was found not guilty in February 2014 and returned.
- Politically Motivated Teacher: An ardent socialist, he enjoyed sharing his views with a captive audience or just anyone really.
- Put on a Bus / Real Life Writes the Plot: He was out of the show whilst his trial was in progress. The explanation given was that he was visiting Canada. Having been found not guilt, The Bus Came Back.
- Unto Us a Son and Daughter Are Born: His son and daughter, Peter and Susan.
- Why Couldn't You Be Different?: He has had moments of this with all of his adult children. While somewhat justified (like when Tracy killed her boyfriend), his treating Peter (who is basically a well meaning chronic screw-up) and Lawrence (who had just met a few weeks ago) like this is an example of his frustration with his working class existence.
- Your Cheating Heart: Frequently. His last affair was only a couple of years ago and he has never been faithful to any of his wives. Although his current wife Deirdre is not that much better, having had several affairs herself.
: 1977 — 1983, 1985 - 1997, 1999, 2002 — 2007, 2010 -
: 24 January 1977 (aged 38)
Family: Deirdre Barlow (mother); Ken Barlow (adoptive father); Ray Langton (biological father); Amy Barlow (daughter); Blanche Hunt (grandmother); Peter Barlow (stepbrother); Carla Connor(sister-in-law)
Nιe Tracy Langton. Deirdre's daughter who works in Underworld. Portrayed by Kate Ford.
- Arch-Enemy: Practically everyone on the street except Deirdre, Peter and Rob, but in particular, over the years —
- Tina McIntyre.
- Steve McDonald's wives and girlfriends:
- Michelle (especially since Tracy slept with her son Ryan and pretended to be pregnant by him).
- Gail McIntyre (who she tried to get convicted of murder) and Gail's family.
- Consummate Liar: Although not so much any more, since everybody knows what she's like.
- Faux Affably Evil: Since her return, she has almost never done anything nice for anyone if she wasn't planning to get something out of it or screw them over in the end.
- Flanderization: Upon her return in 2002, she was more of a simple Jerkass with moments of sympathy, but for a time after her return in 2010, she had degraded into almost a cartoonish Card-Carrying Villain. She's returned to simple Jerkass behaviour currently.
- The Ghost / The Unseen: After becoming a teenager, she spent several years living in her room, before she finally reappeared.
- Jerkass: One of, if not, the biggest one currently on the show.
- Little Brother Is Watching: An inversion, since it's her older stepbrother Peter whose opinion matters far more her to than almost anyone else. Her mother can tell her to leave Steve alone daily for weeks on end but it's not until Peter tells her to give it up that she actually relents.
- Manipulative Bitch: Made her own mother lie under oath about her murder of Charlie Stubbs.
- Morality Pet: A bit of an odd example with her older stepbrother Peter, who is far from helpless and actually something of an Anti-Hero himself. Since her return, he is literally the only person she is ever truly nice or kind to (even with her daughter Amy its usually all about Tracy), most noticeably after she found out his then-wife Leanne had cheated on him.
- Off on a Technicality: She did serve three years in prison for the murder of Charlie Stubbs. She was released on Christmas Eve 2010 because the expert who handled her forensic evidence was found to be corrupt and his evidence was null and void.
- Smug Snake
- Spoiled Brat: Even as an adult.
: 9 February 2004 (aged 11)
Family: Tracy Barlow (mother); Steve McDonald (father); Deirdre Barlow (grandmother); Liz McDonald (grandmother); Blanche Hunt (great-grandmother)
Tracy and Steve McDonald's daughter. Portrayed by Elle Mulvaney.
- Embarrassing First Name: It was changed pretty soon, but her name when she was under Roy and Hayley's custody was Patience Cropper.
- Took A Level In Jerk Ass: Up until the past year, Amy was a sweet, quiet, young girl, but overnight she seems to have turned into a future Tracy.
- The Voiceless: Rarely, if ever, speaks on-screen.
- Who's Your Daddy?: Initially thought to be the daughter of Roy Cropper. Tracy kept the true paternity to herself until she felt it was appropriate — the middle of Steve McDonald's wedding to Karen.
2a Coronation Street (Above Audrey's Salon)
Property Owner: Audrey Roberts
: 5 May 1983 (aged 31)
Family: Liam Connor, Jr (son); Kirk Sutherland (sister)
Nιe Maria Sutherland. Hairdresser at Audrey's Salon. Portrayed by Samia Smith.
- Arch-Enemy: Leanne, although they seemed to have made up.
- The Ditz: Sweet but dim, that's our Maria.
- Extreme Doormat: Perhaps the reason why her relationship with Nick lasted as long as it did.
- May-December Romance: Going out with Luke Britton as of 2015, who is perhaps a full decade, maybe more, younger than her.
Liam Connor, Jr.
: 3 July 2009 (aged 5)
Family: Maria Connor (mother); Liam Connor (father); Kirk Sutherland (uncle); Michelle Connor (aunt); Ryan Connor (first cousin)
Portrayed by Charlie Wernshall.
3 Coronation Street
Property Owner: Norris Cole
: 1961, 1962 - 1966, 1967 -
Birthday: 18 October 1929 (aged 85)
Nιe Emily Nugent. Long-running grandmotherly character. Portrayed by Eileen Derbyshire.
- Crisis of Faith: Had one when her husband Ernest was shot dead during a robbery in 1978. And again in 2006 when Ernest's killer came and tried to make amends.
- Granny Classic: Acts as this to most of the street despite never having had children herself.
: 1994 — 1997, 1999 -
Birthday: 5 March 1940 (aged 74)
Emily's lodger. Runs The Kabin with Rita Tanner. Portrayed by Malcolm Hebden.
4 Coronation Street
Property Owner: Kevin and Sally Webster
: 14 July 1967 (aged 47)
Family: Rosie Webster (daughter); Sophie Webster (daughter); Tim Metcalfe (partner); Kevin Webster (ex husband)
Nιe Sally Seddon
. Uppity seamstress at Underworld. Portrayed by Sally
: 28 January 1972 (aged 43)
Family: Faye Windass (daughter); Sally Webster (partner)
Window cleaner. Portrayed by Joe Duttine.
- Parental Neglect: When Faye lived with him, he left her on her own, let her go hungry and didn't pay for her to go on school trips. Anna hoped these factors will make Faye come back to live with her — they did, eventually.
- You Look Familiar: The actor Joe Duttine played a completely different character in 2010 — he was one of two policemen, DS Max Carr, who investigated Gail's alleged murder of Joe McIntyre.
5 Coronation Street
Property Owner: Unknown
: 26 July 1994 (aged 20)
Family: Sinead Tinker (partner); Joseph Brown (son); Cilla Battersby-Brown (mother); Fiz Stape (sister)
Shop manager/cook in Prima Doner. Portrayed by Sam Aston.
Family: Chesney Brown (partner); Beth Sutherland (aunt); Craig Tinker (first cousin)
Portrayed by Katie McGlynn.
: 21 November 1974 (aged 40)
Family: Kirk Sutherland (husband); Craig Tinker (son); Sinead Tinker (niece)
Full name Bethan Sutherland. Machinist. Portrayed by Lisa George.
- Abhorrent Admirer: Formerly to Steve McDonald.
- Expy: Probably of Cilla Battersby-Brown, who left the show a few years previous to her arrival.
- Gossipy Hens: Almost as bad as Norris Cole.
: 28 January 1982 (aged 32)
Family: Beth Sutherland (wife); Maria Connor (sister); Liam Connor, Jr (nephew)
Van driver for Underworld. Portrayed by Andrew Whyment.
- Dumb Is Good: He is a very kind soul whatever else you can say about him.
- Friend to All Living Things: Has said more than once he understands dogs better than people.
- Too Dumb to Live: He's lucky the residents of the street are kind (particularly his ex Fizz and sister Maria) or he would have starved years ago.
: 1998 (aged 16/17)
Family: Beth Sutherland (mother); Sinead Tinker (first cousin)
Student. Portrayed by Colson Smith.
- Creepy Child: When he first appeared, he stared menacingly at Steve for the entire duration of Steve and Beth's date in the Bistro.
- Keeping Secrets Sucks: Craig thought that a lit cigarette he had smoked had set the Rovers on fire (it was actually Karl Munro). Karl found out and tried to coerce and finally threaten to kill his mother in order to keep him quiet.
- Secret Keeper: For Karl Munro, whom he saw leaving and locking the door of the Rovers the night of the fire. He eventually confesses and Karl is jailed.
6 Coronation Street
Property Owner: Sharif and Yasmeen Nazir
Family: Yasmeen Nazir (wife); Kal Nazir (son); Alya Nazir (granddaughter); Zeedan Nazir (grandson)
Kal's father, with whom he runs the gym. Portrayed by Marc Anwar.
Family: Sharif Nazir (husband); Kal Nazir (son); Alya Nazir (granddaughter); Zeedan Nazir (grandson)
Sharif's librarian wife. Portrayed by Shelley King.
- Apron Matron
- Plucky Woman: She has no problem violently protesting to try and save the library and has been arrested before for her protests.
Khalid 'Kal' Nazir
: 1972/1973 (age 41)
Family: Jamilia Nazir (deceased wife); Alya Nazir (daughter); Zeedan Nazir (son); Sharif Nazir (father); Yasmeen Nazir (mother); Leanne Battersby (partner)
New gym instructor who is helping Dev Alahan and Nick Tilsley get in shape. Portrayed by Jimi Mistry
- Mr. Fanservice: At least, he was to Sinead and Beth Sutherland, who ogled him when he first came to the Rovers.
Family: Kal Nazir (father); Sharif Nazir (grandfather); Yasmeen Nazir (grandmother); Zeedan Nazir (brother)
Kal's university student daughter. Portrayed by Sair Khan.
Family: Kal Nazir (father); Alya Nazir (sister); Sharif Nazir (grandfather); Yasmeen Nazir (grandmother)
7 Coronation Street
Property Owner: Dev Alahan
Devendra 'Dev' Alahan
: 2 March 1964 (aged 50)
Family: Asha Alahan (daughter); Aadi Alahan (son); Sunita Alahan (former wife)
Corner Shop owner. Father of Asha and Aadi. Widower of Sunita. Portrayed by Jimmi Harkishin.
Asha and Aadi Alahan
: 13 January 2006 (aged 9)
Family: Dev Alahan (father); Sunita Alahan (mother)
Twin daughter/son of Dev and Sunita. Portrayed by Tanisha Gorey and Zennon Ditchett.
8 Coronation Street
Property Owner: David Platt
: 16 April 1958 (aged 56)
Family: Nick Tilsley (son); David Platt (son); Sarah Platt (daughter); Bethany Platt (granddaughter); Audrey Roberts (mother); Kylie Platt (daughter in law)
Nιe Gail Potter. Frequently married daughter of Audrey Roberts. Portrayed by Helen Worth.
- Arch-Enemy: Eileen Grimshaw, who took great pleasure in gloating when Lewis Archer stole all her money.
- Extreme Doormat: Her last husband was a drug addict who stole from her repeatedly and drowned while trying to fake his own death but she loved him anyway.
- Her life savings were stolen from her by conman Lewis Archer.
- Miscarriage of Justice: Was suspected of killing her husband Joe, who was trying to fake his death and drowned. Fortunately, she was found not guilty.
- My Beloved Smother: Her boys never do anything wrong despite being two of the show's main antagonists for the past few years.
- Parental Obliviousness
- Post Robbery Trauma: After Michael Rodwell (unsuccessfully) tried to burgle her home.
: 25 December 1990 (aged 24)
Family: Kylie Platt (wife); Lily Platt (daughter); Max Turner (adoptive son); Gail McIntyre (mother); Audrey Roberts (grandmother); Nick Tilsley (half brother); Sarah Platt (half sister); Bethany Platt (niece)
Hairdresser. Portrayed by Jack P. Shepherd.
- Attention Whore: His main reason for doing anything.
- Jerkass: Spent many years as this, now wavers between it and Jerk with a Heart of Gold.
- Momma's Boy: Despite once shoving her down the stairs, he was the first person to run to her when she was falsely imprisoned for Joe McIntyre's murder.
- Smug Snake
- The Sociopath: He was played as one for several years but this behaviour has disappeared over time as he's apparently 'mellowed out'.
- This trait returned again when he found out about Kylie cheating with Nick. While he still loved her, he was furious with Nick and had no problem smashing up his flat.
- The Unfavorite: Compared to high achiever Nick and teenage mother Sarah Louise, he never got much attention and he never fails to remind his mother of that.
- Troll: At one stage, it was possibly the only way to really describe his character. He simply liked getting a rise out of people or stirring up trouble for other people.
: 1955 (aged 59/60)
Family: Gavin Rodwell (son)
Formerly a petty thief that tried to rob Number 8 and whom Gail met in a restorative justice programme in prison before he was released. Portrayed by Les Dennis
- Early-Bird Cameo: When he tried to rob Gail's house earlier on in the year. In his first appearance, he didn't even have a name, he was just credited as 'Intruder'. We later find out his name after Gail decides to meet him in prison.
- Just Got Out of Jail
- Justified Criminal: He explains to Gail that he was once a successful businessman who lost his money in the recession and this is how he turned to robbery.
: 24 August 1987 (aged 27)
Family: David Platt (husband); Max Turner (son); Lily Platt (daughter); Becky Granger (sister); Gail Platt (mother in law); Nick Tilsley (brother in law)
Nιe Kylie Turner. Portrayed by Paula Lane.
: 5 September 2006 (aged 8)
Family: Kylie Platt (mother); Lily Platt (half sister); Callum Logan (biological father); David Platt (adoptive father); Gail McIntyre (step-grandmother); Audrey Roberts (step-great-grandmother); Nick Tilsley (step-uncle); Sarah Platt (step-aunt); Bethany Platt (step-cousin)
Kylie's son from a previous relationship. Portrayed by Harry McDermott.
- Attention Deficit OOHSHINY: In 2014, he started acting bizzarely — breaking things, shooting Norris with a water pistol, being restless and full of energy. He was later diagnosed with ADHD.
- Hair of Gold, Heart of Gold: His hair is blond and he is (mostly) a sweet-natured child.
: 26 August 2013 (aged 1)
Family: Kylie Platt (mother); David Platt (father); Max Turner (half brother); Nick Tilsley (uncle); Becky Granger (aunt); Gail Platt (grandmother); Audrey Roberts (great-grandmother)
Portrayed by an uncredited actor/actress.
9 Coronation Street
Property Owner: Tyrone Dobbs
: 17 December 1982 (aged 32)
Family: Fiz Stape (partner); Ruby Dobbs (daughter)
Car mechanic. Portrayed by Alan Halsall.
: 6 December 2010 (aged 4)
Family: Fiz Stape (mother); John Stape (father); Chesney Brown (uncle); Joseph Brown (first cousin)
Baby daughter of Fiz and John. Portrayed by an uncredited actress.
- Disappeared Dad: Her father John Stape died of his injuries sustained while on the run for murder.
: 9 September 2012 (aged 2)
Family: Tyrone Dobbs (father); Kirsty Soames (mother)
Portrayed by an uncredited actress.
- Fake Mixed Race: The baby that plays her is obviously much darker than one would expect from a person who is three-quarters white.
10 A Coronation Street (Above the front of The Kabin)
Property Owner: Rita Tanner
: 25 February 1932 (aged 83)
Family: Dennis Tanner (husband)
Nιe Rita Littlewood. Owner of the Kabin. Portrayed by Barbara Knox.
11 Coronation Street
Property Owner: Eileen Grimshaw
: 7 October 1961 (aged 53)
Family: Todd Grimshaw (son); Jason Grimshaw (son); Julie Carp (half sister);
Switch operator for Streetcars. Portrayed by Sue Cleaver.
- Arch-Enemy: Gail McIntyre, for a number of years now, though it's cooled more recently as they has less to do with each other. They still happily snipe at each other in the street though.
- Butt Monkey: Even by soap standards, Eileen has a hard life.
- Deadpan Snarker
- Mama Bear: God help you if you hurt one of her boys.
: 27 June 1983 (aged 31)
Family: Eileen Grimshaw (mother); Todd Grimshaw (brother);
Builder. Portrayed by Ryan Thomas.
: 2001 - 2004, 2007, 2011, 2013 -
: 13 January 1985 (aged 30)
Family: Eileen Grimshaw (mother); Jason Grimshaw (brother)
Returned (in late 2013) after nine years of living in London. Portrayed by Bruno Langley.
- Gayngst: When he was going out with Sarah Platt, she was pregnant with their baby and he realised he was gay. It didn't help matters that he kissed her brother and was having an affair with nurse Karl Foster during it.
- Manipulative Bastard
- Took a Level in Jerkass: Like with Ryan Connor, he has devolved from a likable, studious character to a selfish and derelict jerk.
- Straight Gay
Birthday: 13 September 1976 (aged 38)
Machinist at Underworld and barman. Portrayed by Antony Cotton.
12 Coronation Street (Above the back of The Kabin)
Property Owner: Julie Carp
: 1977 (aged 37/38)
Family: Eileen Grimshaw (half sister)
Machinist. Portrayed by Katy Cavanagh.
13 Coronation Street
Property Owner: Kevin Webster
: 3 September 1965 (aged 49)
Family: Sally Webster (ex-wife); Rosie Webster (daughter); Sophie Webster (daughter); Jack Webster (son)
Car mechanic. Portrayed by Michael Le Vell.
- Hair-Trigger Temper
- Jerkass: To some since the affair, to others he's simply Strangled by the Red String.
- Miles Gloriosus: Considering that he only ever starts fights with harmless characters.
- Mr Fix It: He's a car mechanic, with Tyrone and Tommy.
- Papa Wolf: Mostly towards Rosie (even though the things he defended her from were usually her fault!)
- Put on a Bus: Due to Michael Le Vell's sexual offence allegations. He is said to be in Germany visiting his sick father Bill.
- The Bus Came Back: Le Vell has been found not guilty on all counts, and apparently in talks to return to the show with a "major storyline".
- Took Alevel In Jerkass: During his affair with his Tyrone's wife Molly which produced a son, Jack. Most considered the plot rushed and out of character and a textbook case of Romantic Plot Tumor.
: 6 September 2010 (aged 4)
Family: Kevin Webster (father); Molly Dobbs (mother); Rosie Webster (half sister); Sophie Webster (half sister)
Nι Jack Dobbs. Portrayed by Jaxon Beswick and Maddox Beswick.
: 4 November 1994 (aged 20)
Family: Sally Webster (mother); Kevin Webster (father); Rosie Webster (sister); Jack Webster (half brother); Maddie Heath (partner)
Religious daughter of Kevin and Sally. Works in Dev's Corner Shop. Portrayed by Brooke Vincent.
: 3 February 1997 (aged 18)
Family: Sophie Webster (partner)
Car cleaner at Kevin's garage. Formerly homeless girl at the shelter where Sophie Webster volunteers. Portrayed by Amy Kelly.
15 A Coronation Street (Above the D&S Corner Shop)
Property Owner: Dev Alahan
: 1997 - 2000, 2004 -
: 2 July 1981 (aged 33)
Family: Nick Tilsley (husband); Les Battersby (father); Stella Price (mother); Gloria Price (grandmother); Eva Price (half sister); Simon Barlow (adoptive son)
Nιe Leanne Battersby. Works at Nick's Bistro. Portrayed by Jane Danson.
: 10 February 1988 (aged 27)
Family: Stella Prince (mother); Gloria Prince (grandmother); Leanne Tilsley (half sister)
A high-maintenance Underworld secretary. Portrayed by Catherine Tyldesley.
- Bratty Teenage Daughter: Frequently acts like this, even though she is in her early twenties.
- Clingy Jealous Girl: To Nick Tilsley. Refused to accept that it was over and even tried to wreck her sister's wedding so that she could be with him.
- Ms. Fanservice: Frequently wears dresses that accentuate her cleavage.
: 6 July 2003 (aged 11)
Family: Peter Barlow (father); Leanne Tilsley (adoptive mother); Ken Barlow (grandfather)
Birth name Simon Richards. Student. Portrayed by Alex Bain.
- I Am Not My Father: After his father is found guilty of Tina's murder, Simon says he wants to be known by his first surname (Richards) in order to not let anyone know they're related.
- Innocent Prodigy
- Jerkass: To Sunita's kids when he made some rude comments about their mother. He's also lied to try and get Carla in trouble with Peter.
12 Victoria Street
Property Owner: Carla Connor
: 3 January 1975 (aged 40)
Family: Peter Barlow (husband); Rob Donovan (brother)
Nιe Carla Donovan. Owner of Underworld. Portrayed by Alison King.
- Defrosting Ice Queen: Has gone through various levels of frostiness over the past few years.
- Expy: Well, technically, she's not an expy, but Bree from Desperate Housewives is an expy of Carla!
- Karma Houdini: In 2007, Carla was indirectly responsible for the death of Polish factory worker Kasia Barowicz. Carla had illegally allowed Kasia to work through the night and Kasia ended up slipping and falling to her death in the factory. Carla had Wiki, the other Polish worker present, pretend that the accident had happened after 8 am, their clocking-in time. To date, no one has ever found out the truth and Wiki herself returned to Poland in 2009.
- Rich Bitch: Particularly in her initial appearances but thankfully she has several hidden depths.
- Self Made Woman: Originally grew up on a Council Estate.
- Second Love: To Peter Barlow.
- Spiritual Successor: As a ruthless, charming businesswoman who came from nothing Carla bears a certain resemblance to Mike Baldwin, the factory's previous owner.
: 21 April 1976 (aged 38)
Family: Ryan Connor (son; Adoptive — her real biological son hasn't been seen in years), Carla Connor (sister-in-law); Liam Connor, Jr (nephew)
Formerly worked at Underworld with Carla. Now the barmaid in the Rovers. Portrayed by Kym Marsh.
14 A Victoria Street (Above Jamila House Community Centre}
Property Owner: Yasmeen Nazir
15 A Victoria Street (Above Street Cars}
Property Owner: Steve McDonald and Lloyd Mullaney
: 2005 - 2006, 2007 -
: 1964 (aged 50/51)
Family: Jenna Kamara (daughter); Andrea Beckett (partner)
- British Accents: He has a Scouse (Liverpool) accent, in contrast to most of the characters.
- Expy: Many consider him an Expy of Charles's other best known character, Dave Lister
- Token Minority: One of the street's first black regulars, the powers that be seemed to struggle with what to do with him other than have him date the show's only other black character. Although in recent years, he has been involved in many more storylines of his own.
- Vitriolic Best Buds: With Steve McDonald, who he co-owns the local cab firm with.
Family: Neil Beckett (husband); Lloyd Mullaney (partner)
Steve McDonald's friend from college. Portrayed by Hayley Tamaddon.
- The Lad-ette: Which is why she gets on so well with Steve and Lloyd — and why Michelle was so worried about/jealous of her.
- Your Cheating Heart: She cheats on her husband with Lloyd. Although Lloyd himself has no idea at all she is already married.
16 A Victoria Street (Above Roy's Rolls)
Property Owner: Roy Cropper
: 21 September 1954 (aged 60)
Family: Hayley Cropper (widowed wife); Sylvia Goodwin (mother)
Full name Royston Cropper. Owner of Roy's Rolls. Portrayed by David Neilson.
18 A Victoria Street (Above Prima Doner)
Property Owner: Dev Alahan
19 A Victoria Street (Adjacent to the Builder's Yard)
Property Owner: Jason Grimshaw
: 22 February 1995 (aged 20)
Family: Luke Britton (brother)
Works in Nick's Bistro. Portrayed by Tisha Merry.
: 10 September 1994 (aged 20)
Family: Owen Armstrong (father); Joseph Brown (son); Izzy Armstrong (sister);
Works at Prima Doner. Portrayed by Georgia May Foote.
: 24 December 2011 (aged 3)
Family: Katy Armstrong (mother); Chesney Brown (father); Fiz Stape (aunt)
Portrayed by an uncredited actor.
Flat 8 Victoria Court
Property Owner: Nick Tilsley
: 1981 - 1996, 1997 - 1999, 2002, 2003 - 2004, 2009 -
: 3 December 1980 (aged 34)
Family: Leanne Tilsley (wife); Gail McIntyre (mother); Audrey Roberts (grandmother); David Platt (brother); Sarah Platt (sister); Bethany Platt (niece); Lily Platt (niece); Kylie Platt (sister in law)
Owner of Nick's Bistro. Portrayed by Ben Price.
- Bishounen: In his younger years.
- Mr. Fanservice: When he was being portrayed by Adam Rickitt.
- Smug Snake
- Took a Level in Jerkass: Has changed from a likeable enough character to a horrible Jerkass who claims (wrongly) that his brother David tried to kill him and tries to force him to leave the street.
- Who's Your Daddy?: He was a possible father of Kylie's daughter Lily. It turns out she was David's.
- Your Cheating Heart: Cheated on Leanne with his sister-in-law Kylie Platt at Christmas 2012.
9 A Rosamund Street (Above Barlow's Buys)
Property Owner: Peter Barlow
: 1967 (aged 47/48)
Family: Owen Armstrong (partner); Gary Windass (son); Faye Windass (adoptive daughter); Jake Windass (grandson)
Portrayed by Debbie Rush.
: 20 September 1958 (aged 56)
Family: Anna Windass (partner); Izzy Armstrong (daughter); Katy Armstrong (daughter); Jake Windass (grandson); Chesney Brown (grandson)
Builder. Portrayed by Ian Puleston-Davies.
- Hair-Trigger Temper: Flies into a rage at the slightest provocation, whether it's at Tim or Karl or Stella.
- Jerkass: For him, violence seems to be the only answer.
- He physically threatened Eileen when she stole some money off him.
- He physically threatened Faye's real dad and tried to warn him off.
- He started destroying what he had already built in the Rovers when Stella couldn't pay.
- He threw Tina out of his flat when she refused to give his daughter her son; arguably justified but still it meant making his grandson homeless and having to live with Rita.
- Not So Stoic: When his grandson Jake was in an incubator, he was seen crying for the first time.
- Overprotective Dad: He moved onto the street simply to stalk/watch over his daughter, Izzy.
- Papa Wolf: To both his daughters and to Faye Windass.
: 1986 (aged 28/29)
Family: Jake Windass (son); Anna Windass (mother); Faye Windass (adoptive sister)
Builder. Portrayed by Mikey North.
: 13 March 2002 (aged 12)
Family: Anna Windass (adoptive mother); Tim Metcalfe (father); Jake Windass (nephew)
Nιe Faye Butler. Student. Portrayed by Ellie Leach.
- Bratty Teenage Daughter: Although not a teenager yet, definitely qualifies as one.
- Evil Orphan
- Jerkass: To her mother, Anna Windass — she even claims that Anna has hit her in order to get to live with her father.
- Parental Neglect: When she came to live with her father, heleft her on her own, let her go hungry and didn't pay for her to go on school trips. Anna hoped these factors would make Faye come back — she did, eventually.
5 Grassmere Drive
Property Owner: Audrey Roberts
: 1979 - 1982, 1984, 1985 -
: 23 July 1940 (aged 74)
Family: Gail McIntyre (daughter); Nick Tilsley (grandson); David Platt (grandson); Sarah Platt (granddaughter); Bethany Platt (great-granddaughter); Lily Platt (great-granddaughter)
Nιe Audrey Potter. Owner of Audrey's Salon. Portrayed by Sue Nicholls.
28 Grayling Street
Property Owner: Unknown
: 24 January 1986 (aged 29)
Family: Jake Windass (son); Owen Armstrong (father); Katy Armstrong (sister); Joseph Brown (nephew)
Full name Isabelle Armstrong. Portrayed by Cherylee Houston.
: 27 May 2013 (aged 1)
Family: Gary Windass (father); Izzy Armstrong (mother); Owen Armstrong (grandfather); Anna Windass (grandmother); Katy Armstrong (aunt); Faye Windass (adoptive aunt); Joseph Brown (first cousin)
Biological son of Izzy Armstrong and Gary Windass. Carried by Tina McIntyre. She initially refused to hand him over to his biological parents but did so after seeing how upset they were.
- Dead Guy Junior: Tina was going to change his name to Joe, in honour of her deceased father before she gave him back to Gary and Izzy.
Property Owner: Mary Taylor
: 2008 - 2009, 2010 -
Birthday: 1974 (aged 40/41)
Batty admirer of Norris. Lives in a motor home on the street. Portrayed by Patti Clare.
- Abhorrent Admirer: Norris certainly views her as this; he has never accepted her advances or her attepts to get close to him.
- Big Eater: Much to Norris's annoyance, she has an absent minded habit of endlessly eating the sweets in the Kabin while working.
- Chekhov's Skill: Her piano playing — came in handy when Rita Tanner needed someone to accompany her singing in the Rovers at Christmas 2010 ("A Winter's Tale" by David Essex).
- Cloud Cuckoolander: Of the highest order.
- Jerk with a Heart of Gold: Although she can be arrogant and rude at times, she does have kind moment. For example, when she won a flight to America as a prize in a competition, she instead gave the tickets to Roy and Hayley so that they could go and see Sylvia.
- Large Ham
- Regional Speciality: Is well trained in a variety of different cuisines of different cultures (French, Greek, Moroccan, Russian, Spanish etc) and has put on themed nights in Roy's Rolls and The Bistro, before she got fired
- Single-Target Sexuality: Towards Norris.
- And then Roy Cropper, for a while.
- Now its Dev Alahan.
- Small Name, Big Ego: Like Norris, she appears to have a much higher opinion of her talents and skills than other people.
- Younger Than They Look: Perhaps due to her dress sense or hairstyle; she is only meant to be 39 years old.
Flat 3, Cheapstow Road, Weatherfield
Andrew "Andy" Carver
Birthday: 8 June 1985 (aged 29)
An imposter who turned up to Michael Rodwell pretending to be Gavin Rodwell. He's a flatmate of the real Gavin, who is abroad. Portrayed by Oliver Farnworth.
- Impersonation Gambit: Andy is pretending to be Gavin Rodwell to Michael and the Platts. Initially done as a prank to Gavin, whom he was angry at for stealing Andy's girlfriend.
- Mr. Fanservice
Outside Coronation Street
Family: Max Turner (son)
Max's drug dealer biological father. Portrayed by Sean Ward.
- Evil Wears Black: Not exactly evil but he always appears dressed in black clothes.
- Teeny Weenie: Gail rather humorously implied he had one in a rant against him in February 2015.
Family: Steph Britton (sister)
Works in Webster's Auto Centre. Portrayed by Dean Fagan.
- Mr Fix It: He is a car mechanic like Tyrone and Kevin.
Returning and future characters (spoilers!)
This is for characters who have been in the show before, left and are returning; or new characters announced.
Fiona 'Fiz' Stape
: 2001 — 2014, 2015 —
: 25 September 1984 (aged 30)
: Tyrone Dobbs (partner); Hope Stape (daughter); Chesney Brown (sister); Joseph Brown (nephew); Cilla Battersby-Brown (mother)
Where currently: Wolverhampton, England.
Nιe Fiona Brown. Machinist at Underworld. Portrayed by Jennie McAlpine. Currently in Wolverhampton helping her mother convalesce from osteoporosis (McAlpine is pregnant and will return sometime next year).
- Arch-Enemy: Sally Webster, for a time after she was released.
- Kirsty Soames, when she was physically abusing Tyrone.
- Fiery Redhead: At times.
- Genki Girl
- Miscarriage of Justice: Was found guilty of murder, along with her husband John Stape, even though it was only him. Fortunately, he confessed before he died and she was released.
- Plucky Girl
- Prison Episode: Several, when she was in prison before her trial for murder.
: 1987 - 2007, 2015 -
: 2 February 1987 (aged 28)
Family: Gail McIntyre (mother); Bethany Platt (daughter); Nick Tilsley (brother); David Platt (half brother); Audrey Roberts (grandmother); Lily Platt (niece); Jason Grimshaw (ex-husband)
Portrayed by Tina O'Brien.
- All Girls Want Bad Boys: Her relationship with Aiden Critchley.
- Sibling Rivalry: With her brother, David.
- Teen Pregnancy: She became pregnant and gave birth to her daughter, Bethany, aged just thirteen.
- She became pregnant for a second time at seventeen by Todd Grimshaw. The stress of her finding out Todd had been having an affair with a male nurse was too great and she gave birth prematurely. The baby boy (Billy) didn't survive beyond a day old.
: 2000 - 2007, 2015 -
: 4 June 2000 (aged 14)
Family: Sarah-Louise Platt (mother); Gail McIntyre (grandmother); Nick Tilsley (uncle); David Platt (uncle); Audrey Roberts (great-grandmother); Lily Platt (first cousin)
- Disappeared Dad: Her father, Neil Fearns, never got to know his daughter and didn't have a relationship with her before he died in 2003.
The Dead and the Departed
This is for characters who have either died or have left the street by moving elsewhere.
: 1972, 1973 — 2015
Family: Ken Barlow (husband); Tracy Barlow (daughter); Amy Barlow (granddaughter)
Nιe Deirdre Hunt. One of the longest running characters. Portrayed by Anne Kirkbride. Since Anne Kirkbride died in January 2015, it is probable that Deirdre will also pass away onscreen sometime soon.
- Catch Phrase: "Oh, Tracy". (whenever Tracy does something bad — which is frequently)
- The Character Died With Her: Anne Kirkbride sadly passed away in January 2015, aged only sixty. As with her onscreen mother, Blanche, Deirdre's character will probably die in-universe, too.
- Extreme Doormat: For Tracy.
- It's All About Me: One thing about Deirdre is that it's all about her feelings and what she wants.
- My Master, Right or Wrong: Continues to put Tracy on a pedastal, however horrible her crimes.
- No Sympathy: Unless your name happens to be Tracy Barlow.
: 2003 — 2007, 2014
: 17 December 1965 (aged 49)
: Fiz Stape (daughter); Chesney Brown (son); Hope Stape (granddaughter); Joseph Brown (grandson); Leanne Tilsley (stepdaughter)
Where currently: Wolverhampton, England.
Fiz and Chesney's mother and Les Battersby's wife. Portrayed by Wendi Peters. Left for Las Vegas in 2007. Returned briefly in 2014.
: 1965 - 1971, 1973, 1975, 1977, 1978, 1986, 2000 - 2003, 2007, 2008 - 2014
: 5 April 1965 (aged 49)
: Carla Connor (wife); Simon Barlow (son); Ken Barlow (father)
Where currently: Portsmouth, England.
Ken's frequently philandering son. Portrayed by Chris Gascoyne.
: Carla Connor (sister)
Where currently: Prison.
Portrayed by Marc Baylis. In prison for the murder of Tina McIntyre.
- Arch-Enemy: Peter Barlow, his (half) sister Tracy's boyfriend and his brother-in-law.
- Jerkass: Of the highest order. Him and Tracy are a match made in hell. He takes this to a whole new level when he brutally murders Tina.
James 'Jim' McDonald
: 1989 - 2000, 2003 - 2005, 2007, 2009 - 2011, 2014
: 14 November 1955 (aged 59)
Family: Steve McDonald (son); Amy Barlow (granddaughter); Liz McDonald (ex wife)
Steve's father and Liz's ex-husband. Portrayed by Charles Lawson. Was sent to prison in 2011 for armed robbery of a bank. Returned in the summer 2014 as 'The Landlord
', dealing booze to Peter Barlow while Peter is inside.
- Northern Ireland: Where he is from.
- Verbal Tic: Jim tends to repeat things, so he does.
- He almost always uses people's full names, not the short/nickname version; for example, he calls his family members Elizabeth, Steven and Andrew.
: Andrea Beckett (wife)
Where currently: Philippines.
Andrea's cuckolded husband who can't get over her. Portrayed by William Travis.
- Cuckold: Because of Andrea's infidelity with Lloyd.
: 24 April 1984 (aged 30)
: Lloyd Mullaney (biological father); Mandy Kamara (mother)
Where currently: Burnley, England.
Former Physiotherapist, before she got fired for kissing Sophie Webster. Portrayed by Krissi Bohn.
- Lipstick Lesbian: There were no obvious indications that she was a lesbian before her storyline with Sophie.
: 1960 — 1962, 1963 — 1968, 2011 - 2014
: 1 April 1942 (aged 72)
: Rita Tanner (wife)
Where currently: Unknown.
Left with Gloria Price on a tour of the world but came back shortly after leaving. Left for good for a second time later that year. Portrayed by Philip Lowrie.
- The Bus Came Back: He was on Coronation Street in the Sixties and came back after a 43 year absence.
- Jerkass: His completely unnecessary and cruel gloating at Rita, his wife, as he drove off on an adventure with Gloria Price.
- Put on a Bus: He left the street for the second time in a year in August 2014 after he realised his marriage with Rita was truly over.
: 2007 - 2008, 2011 - 2014
: 1977 (aged 37/38)
Where currently: London, England.
Midwife at Weatherfield's hospital. Portrayed by Charlie Condou. Left for London.
Died: 2 June 2014 (aged 23)
A barmaid in the Rovers Return. Surrogate mother of baby Jake Windass for Izzy Armstrong and Gary Windass. Portrayed by Michelle Keegan. Was murdered by being battered over the head with a pipe by Rob Donovan and died from her injuries.
Family: Valerie Phelan (wife)
A (rich) bankrupt businessman who first appeared refusing to pay Owen Armstrong for work done and Owen robbed one of his motorcycles until he payed what he owed. Now is in business with Owen. Portrayed by Connor McIntyre.
- All Men Are Perverts / Covert Pervert: He tries to come onto Anna Windass when she turns up at his house to apologise for shouting at him. All while still married to Valerie.
- Blackmail: Gary Windass assaulted him and left him for dead in panic (in reaction to Phelan calling his mother Anna a tart). Phelan is using the threat of telling the police (backed up by CCTV evidence) to keep all the money the Armstrong/Windass family are owed.
- Jerkass: From refusing to pay Owen for work done back in 2013, to trying to have an affair with Owen's partner Anna, to withholding their profits and investment from the Armstrongs/Windasses, there doesn't seem to be any kinder side to him.
- Unholy Matrimony: His wife Valerie is a Rich Bitch who is no better than her husband. She doesn't sympathise with Anna at all when the latter tries to tell her about Phelan's pass at her.
: 11 August 1963 (aged 51)
: Eva Price (daughter); Leanne Tilsley (daughter); Gloria Price (mother)
Where currently: New York City, USA.
Formerly The Rovers landlady and barmaid. Became the owner after Liz McDonald left, since her son Steve and daughter-in-law Becky couldn't be the licensees because of their criminal records. Portrayed by Michelle Collins. Left to go and live in New York City
with a friend.
: 1942 (aged 72/73)
: Stella Prince (daughter); Eva Price (granddaughter); Leanne Tilsley (granddaughter)
Where currently: Unknown.
Stella's interfering mother. Portrayed by Sue Johnston. Left to take a tour of the world with Dennis Tanner.
- Gold Digger: Planned to marry the rich Eric Babbage for his money before he dropped dead in the Rovers, although she claimed to love him.
- Unexpected Inheritance: Eric's first will left everything to his estranged wife, so she did not expect to get anything. However, a more recent will, found later on, left her £80,000 but she used all of this money to help Stella finish rebuilding the Rovers.
: 7 May 1966 — 20 January 2014 (aged 47)
Family: Roy Cropper (husband); Christian Gatley (son); Maisie and Sam Gatley (grandchildren)
Birth name Harold Patterson. Machinist and Supervisor at Underworld. Portrayed by Julie Hesmondhalgh. She was suffering from terminal pancreatic cancer. Towards the end of her life, she committed suicide by taking a lethal overdose of her medication with Roy by her side.
- Died in Your Arms Tonight: She dies with Roy by her side on their bed. Anna and Carla come in to discover her in Roy's arms.
- Mercy Kill: Hayley gives herself a lethal dose of medication in order to end her suffering from the final stages of cancer. She insists that Roy not help her or touch the glass she is drinking or her medicine in case anyone thinks he helped her.
- Only Sane Employee: Her title of supervisor at the factory often amounts to this managing the Greek Chorus of Deadpan Snarker's and Cloud Cuckoo Lander's is quite a challenge.
- Only Sane Woman: Frequently, when husband Roy gets carried away with his eccentricities, or at Underworld where she is the supervisor.
- Plucky Girl: In a street full of them Hayley is a stand-out although still a bit too practical to be a Pollyanna.
- The Topic of Cancer: Hayley discovers that she has stage two pancreatic cancer in July 2013, and that she only has a 20% chance of living longer than five years.
- She would have succumbed to this illness in a matter of weeks had she not taken control of it and ended her life the way she wanted to.
- Transgender: A male-to-female transsexual, she was born a man named Harold. She underwent sexual reassignment surgery in Amsterdam soon after meeting Roy.
- Younger Than They Look: It was unclear how old Hayley was meant to be on-screen, but the real life actress is only 43 years old — while her character probably looked closer to 50, due to her clothes and her hairstyle.
- She was born in 1966, making her 47 or 48 when she died.
: 2010, 2011 — 2013
: 20 August 1963 (aged 51)
Where currently: Wales.
Formerly a Primary school principal. Portrayed by Peter Gunn. Accepted a museum job in Wales and left Julie Carp.
: 1992 — 1993, 1994, 1995, 1996, 1997, 2000, 2011 - 2013
: 9 September 1992 (aged 22)
: Jack Duckworth (grandfather); Vera Duckworth (grandmother); Terry Duckworth (father); Tina McIntyre (former partner)
Where currently: Canary Islands, Spain.
: 2006 - 2010, 2012 - 2013
: 14 January 1992 (aged 23)
: Michelle Connor (adoptive mother); Liam Connor, Jr (first cousin)
Where currently: Ibiza, Spain.
Works at Prima Doner. Portrayed by Sol Heras. Is working as a DJ in Ibiza.
- Took a Level in Jerkass: Got thrown out of college and came back to the street as a drug addict willing to rob his own mother's factory just to get a hit. Thankfully, he got better.
: 27 April 1963 (aged 51)
: Stella Price (wife)
Where currently: Prison; Manchester, England.
Stella's villainous husband. Burned down the Rovers Return in March 2013, killing Sunita Alahan and injuring himself and Stella in the process. Portrayed by John Michie. Was arrested and got a life sentence (minimum 25 years) for murder and arson.
- The Gambling Addict: He develops a gambling addiction in 2011, which leads him to having an affair with Sunita.
- Jerkass: Has always had hints of this, but has become a full on Jerk Ass and villain by 2013.
- Love Makes You Crazy / Love Makes You Evil: He didn't start out as a villain, but when Sunita dumps him, he is willing to do anything to get Stella back like setting fire to Jason's van, burning down the Rovers, and killing Sunita when she begins to recover from the smoke inhilation.
- Manly Tears: He is driven to tears when he 'kidnaps' Stella in a taxi and she tells him that it is over and to leave her alone.
: 2010, 2011 - 2013
: 19 August (age unknown)
: Eileen Grimshaw (former partner); Lesley Kershaw (former wife)
Where currently: Unknown.
Fireman. Portrayed by Tony Hirst. Fired by new producer in 2013. He left in August 2013, after splitting up with Eileen.
- Early-Bird Cameo: In the Tram Crash live episode, he was one of the firefighters trying to rescue Molly.
- Mistaken for Racist: By Lloyd Mullaney and Lloyd's daughter Jenna. A big argument ensued between him and Lloyd over it, and was one of the reasons he and Eileen eventually split up.
: Jenna Kamara (daughter); Lloyd Mullaney (former partner)
Where currently: Wythenshawe, England.
Cook in the Rovers Return. Portrayed by Pamela Nomvete. She left in August 2013 after splitting up (again) with Lloyd Mullaney and moved to Wythenshawe.
: circa 1935 (aged about 79/80)
: Roy Cropper (son)
Where currently: Tenerife, Spain.
Worked in Roy's cafe. Portrayed by Stephanie Cole. Quit of her own accord in 2013 for health reasons. Left the Street after Hayley was diagnosed with cancer (without on-screen explanation until after
) and is currently living elsewhere with her sister Jean.
: 2001 - 2006, 2009 - 2013
: 1978 — 3 April 2013 (aged 34/35)
Family: Dev Alahan (former husband); Aasha Alahan (daughter); Aadi Alahan (son)
Nιe Sunita Parekh. Barmaid. Wife of Dev Alahan. Mother of Asha and Aadi. Was murdered in hospital by Karl Munro in April 2013 after inhaling smoke in the Rovers fire of March 2013. Portrayed by Shobna Gulati.
: 24 May 1983 (aged 31)
: Ruby Dobbs (daughter); Tyrone Dobbs (former partner)
Where currently: Outside UK.
Policewoman then worker in Underworld. Mother of Ruby Dobbs. Ex-girlfriend of Tyrone Dobbs. Is in prison for perjury/domestic abuse of Tyrone. Portrayed by Natalie Gumede. Left due to storyline. Was in prison in Manchester for lying in court but was released in April 2014.
- Berserk Button: Tyrone even mentioning his ex's.
- Bitch in Sheep's Clothing
- Clingy Jealous Girl: She started out as this and only got worse with time.
- Domestic Abuser
- Double Standard: Abuse, Female on Male: Subverted and deconstructed. Kirsty emotionally and physically abused Tyrone and it was played for drama. When Tommy and Tina told people that Kirsty was abusing him, nobody believed them, and Tyrone was too scared to admit it.
- Manipulative Bitch: Despite being relatively new, Kirsty managed to manipulate quite a lot of people to get her own way, leading to massive bouts of Karma Houdini. She was able to turn the whole street against Tina and Tommy after they found out about her abusive nature and tried to expose her; she managed to seriously injure Fiz and make her look like a crazy jealous ex with her accusations; and managed to turn the local opinion of Tyrone from a Good Is Dumb Nice Guy into a Domestic Abuser; then turn Tyrone's desperate attempts to protect his daughter into evidence of guilt.
: 24 December 1990 (aged 24)
: Sally Webster (mother); Kevin Webster (father); Sophie Webster (sister); Jack Webster (half brother); Jason Grimshaw (former partner)
Where currently: London, England.
Portrayed by Helen Flanagan. Left to do a reality tv show in London.
: 1980 (aged 34/35)
: Danny Stratton (partner); Kylie Platt (sister); Lily Platt (niece); Max Turner (nephew); David Platt (brother in law); Steve McDonald (ex-husband)
Where currently: Barbados.
Worked in the Rovers Return. Portrayed by Katherine Kelly. Quit of her own accord in 2012 to work on Mr Selfridge. Left in January 2012 with a new love interest, moving to Barbados.
- Arch-Enemy: Tracy Barlow
- Berserk Button: Anyone treating Roy or Hayley Cropper badly.
- Jerkass: When she first turned up, eventually became a Jerk with a Heart of Gold.
- Lady Drunk
- Mama Bear: Though neither of the children she had with Steve were actually hers (Max being her sister's son, and Amy being Steve's daughter with Tracy Barlow).
- Ms. Fanservice: Particularly in her reaction to being angry at Steve, which was to dress in revealing clothing, then go out, get drunk and get attention from men at other bars.
- Hair-Trigger Temper: Her general reaction to any sort of bad news was to get drunk and smash up whatever was nearest.
: 4 February 1920 — 16 April 2012 (aged 92)
Family: Gordon Clegg (son)
Nιe Elizabeth Preston
. Iconic character that worked in the Rovers Return. Portrayed by Betty Driver
. Actress died. Died on-screen also, while living away with her son.
- Apron Matron
- Deadpan Snarker: Her dry commentary was a Rovers staple for over forty years.
- Supreme Chef: The reason she remained a steadfast employee for as long as she did, her Hotpot is one of the reasons the place is so popular.
: 22 November 1979 — 28 October 2011 (aged 31)
Family: Hope Stape (daughter); Fiz Stape (former wife)
School teacher. Portrayed by Graeme Hawley. Died in October 2011 after crashing a car on the way to court to try and get Fiz off the hook.
: 17 January 1981 (aged 34)
: Russ Gray (son); Chris Gray (ex-wife); Lloyd Mullaney (former partner)
Where currently: Unknown.
Portrayed by Holly Quin-Ankrah. Fired by producer, along with her family. Left with her son Russ after finding out Chris had lied about his cancer.
: 1990 (aged 24/25)
: Xin Proctor (wife); Tina McIntyre (former partner)
Where currently: London, England.
Butcher and window cleaner. Introduced as friend of David Platt for Juvenile. Portrayed by Craig Gazey. Left with Xin after marrying her.
: 23 September 1987 (aged 27)
: Graeme Proctor (husband)
Where currently: London, England.
Nιe Xin Chiang. Friend of Tina that married Graeme in order to remain in the UK. Portrayed by Elizabeth Tan. Left with Graeme after marrying him.
: 1979, 1981, 1982 - 2010
: 7 November 1936 — 7 November 2010 (aged 74)
Family: Vera Duckworth (wife); Terry Duckworth (son); Tommy Duckworth (grandson)
Full name John Harold Duckworth. Practically stepfather of Tyrone Dobbs. Portrayed by Bill Tarmey. Died of a heart attack in November 2010.
: 1974 - 1978, 1981, 1996, 1997, 1998 - 2009
: 22 January 1936 — 3 May 2010 (aged 74)
Family: Deirdre Barlow (daughter); Tracy Barlow (granddaughter); Amy Barlow (great-granddaughter)
Nιe Blanche Linfield. Portrayed by Maggie Jones. Died of a heart attack off-screen in Portugal in May 2010.
Veronica 'Vera' Duckworth
: 1974, 1976 - 2008, 2010
: 3 September 1937 — 18 January 2008 (aged 70)
Family: Jack Duckworth (husband); Terry Duckworth (son); Tommy Duckworth (grandson)
Nιe Veronica Burton. Wife of Jack. Mother of Terry. Grandmother of Tommy. Practically stepmother of Tyrone Dobbs. Portrayed by Elizabeth Dawn. Died of a heart attack in January 2008; appeared in ghostly form when Jack died two years later.
- Apron Matron
- The House of Windsor: She believed herself to be a 2nd cousin once removed of Queen Elizabeth II, from an illegitimate child of King Edward VII — it is unknown whether or not this was true or just a tale.
- Jacob Marley Apparel: Averted; when she appeared in 2010, she was wearing different clothes from when she died two years previously.
- Tearjerker: Her death, and particularly Jack's reaction to it.
: 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004 — 2007
: 3 May 1988 (aged 26)
: Mike Baldwin (father); Ken Barlow (grandfather); Peter Barlow (half brother)
Where currently: Canada.
Portrayed by Iain de Caestecker and Sam Robertson. He lived with Granddad Ken for a while after leaving school. Last heard to be in Canada being cared for by Ken.
: 1995 - 1997, 2007
: 4 January 1995 (aged 20)
: Ken Barlow (father); Peter Barlow (half brother)
Where currently: Unknown.
Portrayed by Lewis Harney. The youngest son of Ken Barlow, currently living with his mother. Mostly mentioned when Peter wants to make Ken feel guilty.
: 16 February 1942 — 7 April 2006 (aged 64)
Family: Adam Barlow (son); Danny Baldwin (son); Warren Baldwin (grandson); Jamie Baldwin (grandson)
Portrayed by Johnny Briggs. Owned the factory over the road (amongst other things), for most of its existence starting as Balwin's Casuals and then after it became Underworld. Mike was a tenacious self-made man who got where he was by hard work and a lot of charm, not that he ever let anyone forget it. Mike always liked Deirdre and that turned into an affair in 1983 unfortunately Deirdre decided to stay married to Ken. Ken would never forgive Mike for the affair although Mike and Deirdre would remain friends until his death. A few years later Mike would marry Ken's daughter Susan (at least partly to annoy Ken) but his sexism (she wanted to work he wanted a housewife) would cost him the relationship. Susan left him after telling him she aborted his baby. A few years later he would meet Alma Sedgewick, arguably the love of his life who he then dumped for a young blond tart. This would be a pattern for them and they would break up and get back together several times for much the same reason. In 2001, Peter Barlow revealed that Susan had lied and had actually had a son with Mike named Adam. Mike's rivalry with Ken flared up again when Susan died and the two men fought for custody of Adam. As he was getting older, Mike decided to bring in a partner: his nephew Danny Baldwin. It was revealed that Danny was actually Mike's son. However, they never got much time together as Mike developed Alzheimer's disease. Mike died outside the factory in the arms of Ken Barlow, of a heart attack, on 7 April 2006.
- Manipulative Bastard: He was incredibly manipulative when he wanted to be, and he was usually successful.
- Self-Made Man: He started out working out of his attic and built up his business to a successful textile factory, allowing him to live quite a bit better than most of the street's inhabitants.
- Smug Smiler: Mike had the greatest shit-eating grin.
: 20 December 1951 — 14 March 2003 (aged 51)
Family: Gail McIntyre (former wife)
Ex-husband of Gail McIntyre. Serial killer — murdered his ex-wife (at the time) and Maxine Peacock, Ashley's wife. Died when he drove a car with Gail, David and Sarah into a canal. Famously called 'Norman Bates
with a briefcase' by Gail. Portrayed by Brian Capron.
: 1965 - 1971, 1973, 1979 - 1980, 1981, 1985 - 1987, 2001
: 5 April 1965 — 11 February 2001 (aged 35)
Family: Ken Barlow (father); Peter Barlow (brother); Simon Barlow (nephew)
Portrayed by Katie Heanneau, Wendy Jane Walker, Suzy Patterson and Joanna Foster. Ken's oldest daughter and Peter's twin sister. She famously married Mike Baldwin and had his son. Died in a car crash trying to run away from a custody fight with Mike. Mostly mentioned when Ken wants to manipulate Peter.
: 1961, 1962 - 1971
: 26 November 1942 — 27 January 1971 (aged 28)
Family: Ken Barlow (former wife); Peter Barlow (son); Susan Barlow (daughter); Simon Barlow (grandson); Adam Barlow (grandson)
Nιe Valerie Tatlock. Portrayed by Anne Reid. Ken's long suffering first wife and mother of Susan and Peter. She kept house and home together while Ken was busy being involved in politics and getting involved with other women. Was the street's first hairdresser and ran her own shop out of number 9. Died when faulty wiring on her hair dryer electrocuted her and started a fire in her home.