Bendy and the Dark Revival is an Episodic Game created by the Kindly Beast. It's in the Bendy franchise and is stated to be neither a sequel nor a prequel to Bendy and the Ink Machine. It was announced as a new game with an unknown title on February 10, 2019 and initially scheduled for release later in the year, but on December 13, 2019, it was rescheduled for release in 2020. Audio logs lead up to the name reveal trailer, which came out on April 14, 2019.
Two books were also announced to lead up to the release: an employee handbook for Joey Drew Studios; and a novel, Dreams Come to Life, which follows new characters Dot and Buddy.
Bendy and the Dark Revival's gameplay trailer was released June 24, 2019. It shows a new Player Character waking up to some unexpected changes and dealing with foes - both by fleeing and by fighting. Known characters include Bendy, a Searcher, and the Butcher Gang member known as the Piper/Charley. There is also a mysterious new character with a creepy voice, who is heavily implied to be an antagonist.
News on the game can be found on the official Bendy website, joeydrewstudios.com.
Bendy and the Dark Revival contains examples of:
- Ambiguously Human: The new Player Character Audrey. The gameplay trailer shows her arms and hands going through some sort of Body Horror as they become inkier at the end of it. A post on the official Bendy twitter-page revealing her complete appearance shows that apart from that, she also has glowing eyes and her hair and entire left arm seem to be made out of ink, as opposed to simply being covered in it.
- April Fools Day: Joey Drew Studios released this trailer implying it will be a multiplayer fighting game before saying April Fools at the end.
- Ascended Extra: A minor example. The Butcher Gang, who were mere Mooks in the first game receive a lot more focus in the teasers, even getting their own cut-outs, a privilege that was previously reserved for title character Bendy.
- Body Horror: Audrey starts the gameplay trailer by looking at her hands, which are covered in ink, and complaining that something feels wrong. She looks at them again at the end of the trailer - revealing that they have become inkier.
- Character Name and the Noun Phrase: Bendy is the character that carries the series, so the title uses that character name and the noun phrase the dark revival.