Bendy and the Dark Revival is an Episodic Game created by the Kindly Beast. It's in the Bendy franchise and is stated to be neither a sequel nor a prequel to Bendy and the Ink Machine. It was announced as a new game with an unknown title on February 10, 2019 and scheduled for release later in the year. Audio logs lead up to the name reveal trailer, which came on April 14, 2019.
Two books were also announced to lead up to the release: an employee handbook for Joey Drew Studios; and a novel, Dreams Come to Life, which follows new characters Dot and Buddy.
Bendy and the Dark Revival's gameplay trailer was released June 24, 2019. It shows a new Player Character waking up to some unexpected changes and dealing with foes - both by fleeing and by fighting. Known characters include Bendy, a Searcher, and the Butcher Gang member known as the Piper/Charley. There is also a mysterious new character with a creepy voice, who is heavily implied to be an antagonist.
News on the game can be found on the official Bendy website, joeydrewstudios.com.
Bendy and the Dark Revival contains examples of:
- And Now for Someone Completely Different: Henry is no longer the player character, being replaced by an unknown woman.
- Apocalyptic Log: Leading up to the title reveal were several audio logs recorded by the people at Joey Drew Studios, hinting that something big is going to happen. By the time of the game, there's a studio of horrors awaiting the Player Character.
- Body Horror: The Player Character starts the gameplay trailer by looking at her hands and complaining that something feels wrong, and looks again at her hands at the end of the trailer - revealing that they have become inkier.
- Character Name and the Noun Phrase: Bendy is the character that carries the series, so the title uses that character name and the noun phrase the dark revival.
- Toon: As a game in the Bendy series, there are living Toons such as Bendy and Charley running around.
- The Voice: What's known of one of the Dark Revival characters is known only from his deep voice - he's never shown with the final release of audio logs, only making a comment after listening to several, and he also speaks to the Player Character in the game play trailer without being shown.