A troper who really likes rubber ducks. QUACK!
You can call me Smily. I've had the username for around 7 or 8 years now. I hail from Lincoln - The one in England - and I'm a quacking good digital artist.
For those who are curious to other matters concerning me, a Misc. section is now under construction.
Tropes I feel apply to me
- Adorkable: Major nerd? Check. Expressive personality? Double check. Fondness for weird things? Triple check.
- Berserk Button: Here's the list of things that'll tick me off:
- Ableism - The one form of discrimination I can tolerate the least. And it can be found ***ing anywhere.
- Anti-vaxxers - They're morons who always get it wrong when it comes to vaccines.
- Inaccurate portrayals of Autism in popular media. If it ain't right, I ain't accepting it.
- Beware the Nice Ones: Yea, I may be a harmless and nice person, but make me mad and I'll show you how proficient I am at handing your butt to you.
- Born Lucky: Apparently my Luck is at it's highest in Minecraft, as well as parts of Real Life, if recent events had as say in the matter.
- Born Unlucky: When it comes to playing Among Us, expect me to be the first Crewmate to die. That has a good chance of happening.
- Brilliant, but Lazy: Yea, I can get some real good stuff done - If my Autism lets me do so. Nowadays, it's a case of whether I want to do it or not. Probably.
- Cat Smile: I am fan and user of this. :3
- Catchphrase: I have only one catchphrase, which are:
- "Mate" - That's something I'll use positively, mostly because of the fact that I grew up in Britain.
- Cel Shading: Pretty much where my art style started. Then came the non-black outlines.
- Chaotic Neutral: This one was agreed upon by the fellers in the TANG thread, because despite my CloudCuckooLander tendencies, I'm still a Nice Guy at the end of the day. Except I'm not one for following some of the normal conventions, k?
- Cool and Unusual Punishment: I happen to be good at finding these, mainly because of my QUACK-ed out mindset! :3
- Cloud Cuckoo Lander: Too quacking right, mi borga! Also because of my unusually high interest in rubber ducks.
- Fandom Rivalry: I happen to be HEAVILY against TTG, due to many reasons. Even if some of the reasons died down, my hatred for it still stands strong.
- Genius Ditz: This one's a real prominent trope, as my area of expertise varies from time to time, yet I'm still a real big nutjob who likes rubber ducks.
- Gratuitous Japanese: Hai! I happen to be fluently multilingual, with my native language being the proper English, not the simplified one.
- Hidden Depths: I happen to have a good amount of knowledge in CSS coding, and I've memorised many hexadecimal colour codes - Which includes stuff such as piss yellow and shit brown. They're actually legit colours, trust me. I've come to regret having accidentally memorised those two.
- Large Ham: Subverted, because I don't do stuff like that. EXCEPT WHEN THERE'S RUBBER DUCKIES HERE!
- Literal-Minded: Yea, blame my Autism - I tend to take things literally at times, so you might want to be careful of that. Once too often have jokes been turned into actual plans because of it.
- Never Trust a Trailer: Never have, never did. Last time I trusted a trailer got me royally screwed over, so no thank you!
- Nice Guy: I try to be as nice as I can. Unless you go pressin' my buttons, then quack hits the fan.
- Only Sane Man: Both within my own family and at college too, because of how much I've been screwed over by life, and the universe. 3:<
- Poster-Gallery Bedroom: Downplayed, since I don't like having too many posters in my room. Just one of Peridot from Steven Universe, one on a random Pokemon and a anime poster - most likely a SAO or a BNHA one.
- Precision F-Strike: I'm not one for using vulgar language, so any I do use counts as this.
- Atomic F-Bomb: Saying that, my voice does carry, so it definitely has the potential to have this happen instead.
- Self-Demonstrating Article: I made sure my OC profiles contains elements of this. :3
- Sir Swears-a-Lot: Downplayed, in that it only occurs in the servers of TF2, and nowhere else, meaning all Precision F Strikes and Atomic F Bombs are replaced with Cluster F Bombs there.
- Tranquil Fury: The only way I'll ever express my anger is not in an overly-exaggerated way, but by calmly giving one HELL of a nutshot to you with my hand/leg, whichever's closest.
- Verbal Tic: I tend to throw 'quack' into my speech whenever, due to my QUACKING high interest in rubber ducks.
- Adventure Time - The humour Finn and Jake bring is not something that can be easily replicated, y'know?
- Craig O' Da Creek - There's something entertaining about a trio of kids trying to have fun in a creek, y'know?
- .ylgnisirprus ,ot etaler nac I otirod nwo rieht tog ev'yehT - sllaF ytivarG
- Rick's Show - I like the dynamic shown between the titular duo.
- Steven Universe - It's what inspired me to make my first OC, so yay for that! And also +1 Dorito.
- Fruit Stories - I actually collected the DV Ds - even the old classics such as "Josh and the Big Wall".
- BOFURI - This one actually made me laugh with all the comedic moments, especially after factoring in the "Maple being new to the world of gaming as a whole and screwing over the developers without realising it" deal.
- Monster Musume - I watch the anime for the plot, mmkay?
- Danganronpa - I like the whole 'Super High School Level' talent thing. That, and why does Mitirai sound like Deku?
- My Hero Academia - I enjoy seeing the various quirks in that fictional realm, and how they affect everyday life, e.g. Mezo Shoji's Dupli-Arms.
- Uzaki-Chan - I've been watching the anime while it's being produced, showing how dedicated of fan I am to said anime. >:3
- BFDI/BFDIA/IDFB/BFB - I like how each character is animated differently, which makes them more unique!
- Dream's Manhunt Series - Not only have I watched his manhunt episodes, but I've also helped work on his TV Tropes page. That says a lot, y'know.
- Epithet Erased - What do I like about it? Let me ask you something: "What do you NOT like about it?".
- SMG4 - I like laughing my head off at their videos. Ya can't go wrong with a good meme! :3
- Minceraft - I like it.
The Actual Miscellaneous Info:
- Troper Types: The Aspiring Writer, The Huge Fan and Trope Browser.
- Why did I specify these three? Well, here's why:
- Aspiring Writer: I've already created around a dozen OCs - Which are filed under the BY-SA V3 Creative Commons license, so go nuts with them - and even a Fanfic. So naturally I'd be this kind of Troper, because I've done all that!
- The Huge Fan: This is more of a Downplayed thing, since I don't get too excited about things I'm a fan of, but do expect me to show shades of Fandom-Enraging Misconception at times, since I do get defensive when it comes to certain specific things, k?
- Trope Browser: My very first Type when I first joined TV Tropes. I pretty much wanted to familiarise myself with the terminology used here when I first joined, but then added the other two as time went on.
- Why did I specify these three? Well, here's why:
- When it comes to the Zodiacs, I'm a Gemini with the stars, and a Snake with the Chinese.
- I like comedic stuff the most - 'cuz I like to laugh my head off.
- What comes second to humour is good animation - And as a art student, I can tell what's low-quality animation and what's not more easily than others.
- Favourite colour? Yellow, of course!
- Green comes second, followed by PURPLE!
- Top three Favourite Pokemon:
- Favourite Pokemon Generation is Kalos - Je ne parle par francais.
- Least Favourite Pokemon? Don't have one!
- Currently learning multiple languages - I'm fluent in German, French, Russian, Japanese, Chinese, Spanish, Polish, Danish and Swedish. My native language? British English.
Threads I've started
- Achievements in Ignorance - It's usually pretty funny to see this happen.
- Exact Words - I love using this one, as it helps me get around things at times.
- Loophole Abuse - I will NEVER abuse them, EVER! But I will use them, just not ABUSE them.
- Rule Zero - My favourite way to shut down loopholes, as I will always ensure that I obey those who have been given authority through this.