This special branch of the Grand United Alliance Of Good fields some of the best technology they have to offer - giant robots. Even if they are laughed down by skeptics, they do some serious damage. They're always called in to support the standard infantry, cavalry and armoured divisions of their colleagues when there are combat threats like giant robots, weapons of mass destruction and massive interstellar fleets.
The Division is a successor to Task Force 79, an expeditionary task force created by then Vice Admiral Bright Noa to prevent the GUAE from spreading their influence to other worlds. GUAE spies were sent to block Bright from accomplishing his goal but failed. A successful campaign against a fleet of Kraang later, Bright was promoted to full Admiral and appointed the first commander of the new Robot War Division effective immediately.
Under the command of Optimus Prime (GUAG Command representative), Bright Noa (space forces) and Lelouch vi Britannia (ground, sea and air forces), they hope to put an end to the endless war that plagues the Pantheon and (Optimus especially) force a massive disarmament to prevent the Alliances from being able to wage destructive battles on such a cosmic scale ever again. Many nations and organizations such as several Earth Federations, the United Nations Cosmo Navy and the Orb Union have sent forces to support the Division to combat any invasion by Char Aznable and his GUAE Mecha Cohort. Prior to a massive re-structuring, field command fell to the top aces of the Division, the Holy Quartet of mecha pilots, who were far more interested in fighting with their pilots on the front lines. Now, it falls to these three talented military leaders.
The Division has an on-off relationship with the GUAG Toku Division and its now defunct predecessor the Toku Base. The Super Sentai and Power Rangers in particular always have access to some Humongous Mecha. The creator of Gundam, Yoshiyuki Tomino is an honorary member, as is Iron Man, who serves as their liaison to the GUAG Superhero Division. They have an unofficial anthem in the form of Wings of the Legend, courtesy of JAM Project, which also serves as the Division's unofficial military band. Anaheim Electronics serves as the Division's in-house technological provider and maintenance contractor.
The Robot War Division now has three battlegroups:
- The 1st Battlegroup, which handles operations in space with its massive fleet of battleships to prevent omniversal apocalypse and space terrorism like colony drops.
- The 2nd Battlegroup, which performs operations on terrestrial bodies like planets with their autonomous army, navy and air force branches.
- The 3rd Battlegroup, which fields soldiers who have opted to weather both environments. They may not necessarily be the elite but they are the most adaptable of the lot.
- Picture of the Deity
- Picture of their Flagship or Mecha (hide them in labelnotes if separate from the Deity)
- Reason for Joining:
- Loyalty to Cosmos:
- Threat Level:
- Main Unit:
- Greater God
- Symbol: The Autobot insignia (Either the original◊, or Generation Two model.◊)
- Alignment: Lawful Good (Lawful Evil in his Shattered Glass form)
- Rank: Field Marshal (O-11)
- Subordinates: His direct Autobot staff (Major General Ultra Magnus (deputy commander), Major Ironhide (bodyguard), Major Prowl (chief tactician), Commander Sky Lynx (space adjutant), General Alpha Trion)
- Flagship: The Axalon, flagship of the entire Robot War Division
- Reason for Joining: Aside from Megatron siding with the GUAE, he joined because freedom is the right of all sentient beings. The GUAE and all who follow in their footsteps deserve to be defeated for their hubris towards humanity.
- Loyalty to Cosmos: Extreme, Cosmos does not command any particular loyalty from Prime beyond their shared goals, but this is only because Prime exhibits full loyalty to any deity who commands his respect, regardless of their power or influence. With his creator god Primus personally joining the GUAG, his loyalty is definitely rock solid by this point.
- Threat Level: Extreme. Needless of incarnation, Optimus is a role model and paragon that billions of Autobots gladly get behind. He's a Reasonable Authority Figure, Frontline General and A Father to His Men who believes in the infinite potential everyone has, and his own combat prowess definitely has infinite potential. Melkor knows what happened to Megatron, Starscream, Grindor, Fallen and Unicron the times Optimus went all out. If things get very dire Optimus can and will unleash the Matrix of Leadership, lighting GUAG's darkest hour. His immunity to death means he can just keep coming back for more. His stellar combat record earned him the rare rank of Field Marshal in the GUAG and the Robot War Division's main contact with GUAG Command.
- Main Unit: Himself
- Position: Commanding Marshal, GUAG Robot War Division and Commander-in-Chief, GUAG House of Technology War Theatre
- Lesser God? (has Greater God authority)
- Symbol: The EFSF logo or the Londo Bell logo
- Alignment: Lawful Good
- Rank: Admiral (O-10)
- Subordinates: Captain Meran (right-hand man), Captain Paolo Cassius (former superior), Rear Admiral Blex Forer (leader of AEUG, task force commander), Lieutenant Ryu Jose, Lieutenant Sleggar Law, Lieutenant Junior Grade Job John, Lieutenant Junior Grade Omar Fang (former White Base crew), Lieutenant Nigel Garrett, Lieutenants Junior Grade Watts Stepney and Darryl McGuinness (JESTA pilots), Colonel Hayato Kobayashi (leader of Karaba)
- Flagship: Ra Cailum
- Reason for Joining: A master at keeping morale up, Cosmos directly asked him to return in order to bolster the growing forces of the GUAG and to convince him that even with the end of his career in-universe, all was not lost. Bright was not convinced until Amuro reassured him that his efforts in the Pantheon would not go to waste this time.
- Loyalty to Cosmos: High. A soldier's duty is to his superiors, and Cosmos certainly checks the box for incorruptibility. He dutifully helps Cosmos in making sure morale stays high among his men, as he knows that sometimes even the good guys falter. Cosmos is certainly better than the increasingly corrupt Earth Federation he resigned from.
- Threat Level: Very High. Bright Noa is living proof that you don't need to be a mecha pilot to be badass. He is exactly the right mixture of discipline, Reasonable Authority Figure and down-to-earth (eventually) to be among the most capable and respected flag officers in the Alliance. He is highly respected by everyone in the Alliance for his combat aptitude and ability to choose the morally right option even when in a pinch. While Overdeities in the other Alliances pay him no mind, everybody of lower divine rank treats him seriously. He's not called the Eternal Captain for nothing.
- Position: Commander of Naval Forces, GUAG Robot War Division and the GUAG 8th Starfleet (his Londo Bell forces), Captain of the Ra Cailum
- Lesser God, or so he wants you to think...
- Symbol: The Geass symbol (a stylized "V"), or a black king chess piece
- Alignment: All over the place◊, (nominally Chaotic Good, settled on Neutral Good)
- Rank: General (O-10)
- Subordinates: The Order of the Black Knights, specifically Prime Minister Kaname Ohgi (former Number Two), Lieutenant General Li Xingke (chief of staff), Colonel Kyoshiro Tohdoh (personal regiment commander), Captain Shōgo Asahina (First Squad commander), Captain Nagisa Chiba (Fourth Squad commander)
- Flagship: Kurohai, ground flagship of the Robot War Division
- Reason for Joining: To bring down the GUAE, whom he sees as a corrupt union like Britannia. Events such as a desire to avenge the mortal death of Isara Gunther and free his followers, The Black Knights from Sosuke Aizen's Mind Control, (which worked, since Aizen is no longer in the Pantheon) have kept him in. Today he's become a permanent fixture in the Alliance.
- Loyalty to Cosmos: Medium at best, but you can never tell with him. He officially states that he's allied with her so he can deal with his enemies. And given how he's the leader of a rebellion who succeeded in taking down an authoritarian regime, similar tyrants are all out for his head meaning he stays with the GUAG so long as they continue to be in power.
- Threat Level: High to Extreme, depending on what he's given. This is the man who managed to cause world peace by killing himself and given the fact that he could possibly have access to Mega Men, Zords, god-tier Gundams and the Gurren Lagann in his planning, it's only worse for the GUAE. The only real downside is that destiny tends to not like Lelouch's plans all that much, which prevents him from being full on extreme. And of course there's his all-important Geass command, which allows him to implant orders in a person's mind with direct eye contact and make them follow it for the rest of their life. Melkor fears how much Lelouch can influence his weaker underlings this way.
- Main Unit: Mahoroba Type-0
- Position: Commander of Terrestrial Forces, GUAG Robot War Division and the GUAG 8th Army Group (his loyal followers from the Britannian Military). As the Emperor of a nation, Lelouch is technically senior to Bright in the chain of command but tends to defer to him on the important issues.
- Intermediate God
- Symbol: His armor, of course. Also, the logo of Stark Industries.
- Alignment: Lawful Neutral (Sometimes Neutral Good, with a possible brief dip into Lawful Evil, as well)
- Rank: Lieutenant General (O-9)
- Subordinate: Colonel James Rhodes/War Machine (aide-de-camp)
- Reason for Joining: To repent for the evils he committed during the Civil War and to continue his redemption for being an arms dealer. As the leading technological genius in his world and a fervent advocate for peace (even if his methods sometimes don't work), he bears the responsibilities for crimes and atrocities committed with his tech, and he wants to keep fixing whatever he started, be it directly or indirectly.
- Loyalty to Cosmos: Medium. He's at heart a good man but tends to be extremely impulsive and arrogant at times, and make enemies often with his dismissive and corporate profile. He thinks Cosmos is a tad out of touch with modern technology and refuses point blank to give control of his technology to anyone except deities he truly trusts, including the GUAG White Hats. Nevertheless, Cosmos recruited him fresh from the Civil War and when he lost Stark Enterprises (the second iteration of his company), so he's absolutely grateful for that.
- Threat Level: High. He's created technology capable of challenging cosmic entities like the Phoenix Force (case in points: The God-Killer Armor). Even without it, he's a skilled fighter and a genius billionaire playboy philanthropist. However, he has two major flaws; his divisive leadership skills and alcoholism. The GUAE is trying their hardest to make him relapse, and have actually almost succeeded several times thanks to their Corruption Agents. As for military skills, he did have brief stints as United States Secretary of Defense and Director of SHIELD.
- Position: Executive Liaison to the GUAG Robot War Division