A subset of the Combat Division dedicated to the caped crusaders and spandex saviors. Metahuman or otherwise, they stand together to battle the forces of the GUAE. They are currently stationed in an advanced version of the Justice League Watchtower satellite augmented with every possible piece of modern technology provided by Wayne Enterprises and Stark Industries. They also have a land headquarters in the form of an expanded Avengers Mansion.
And no, there's no 'Superhero Registration' thing here. They've had enough bullshit with that previously. (Though this doesn't mean they don't have any rules. They will keep each other under control, but feel no compulsion to register the group with the governments. Besides, Cosmos says that actions speak louder than anything, so as long as they fight for good, she doesn't need to have their secret identities on record). Anyway, close to 90% of the Pantheon has Internet access to real-world information, so it's likely that besides those limited by status quo, everyone else already knows but keeps mum.
Recently, the Superhero Division has been divided into three battalions to accommodate the increasing numbers of superheroes and that the organisation was becoming overcrowded. The re-organisation is ongoing.
The Superhero Division is led on top by Captain America and Batman, who serve as commander and head strategist, respectively. Working alongside them is Nick Fury as an adjutant, though it is an unspoken fact that he shares the same authority as both commanders. Batman also serves as the head monetary coordinator, along with Iron Man.
The Leaders of the GUAG Superhero Division
These individuals are the top commanders of the GUAG's superheroes, and they have been consistently ranked as the most worthy leaders. Superman believed that Batman would be the best fit for leading such a large group rather than him, given his Crazy-Prepared tendencies, and that would he would serve better as a Role Model in the field, directing his fellow heroes personally.
- Intermediate God
- Hero Class: A
- Symbol: The American Flag; razor-edged boomerang shield
- Alignment: Good - there are arguments for both Lawful and Neutral.
- Reason for joining: To defend America and assist his old buddy Iron Man.
- Loyalty to Cosmos: Loyalty is part of the virtues of America, so he's loyal.
- Threat level to Melkor: High. Same reason as Superman, but Cap's bigger because he has no superpowers.
- Also serves as the alliance's liaison to the Grand United Alliance of Law.
Bruce Wayne, God of Heroes Who Fight in the Shadows and Head Strategist of the GUAG Superhero Division (Batman, The Dark Knight, The Caped Crusader, The Darknight Detective, The Goddamn Batman, The World's Greatest Detective, The Son of Gotham)
- Intermediate God
- Hero Class: A
- Symbol: The Bat Signal
- Alignment: Lawful Good (and every other alignment at some point)
- Reason for Joining: Because it's right. And because he's the Goddamn Batman.
- Loyalty to Cosmos: High.
- Threat level to Melkor: High. Same reason as Cap, but even more so, since Batman can beat almost anyone if he has prep time.
Adjutant to the Superheroes
- Lesser God
- Hero Class: B
- Symbol: The S.H.I.E.L.D. logo
- Alignment: Switches between Lawful Good and Lawful Neutral
- Reason for Joining: He is technically loaning his services to the superheroes per requests by Iron Man.
- Loyalty to Cosmos: Ambiguous, let's say Medium.
- Threat level to Melkor: High. He is a living example of Authority Equals Asskicking and like Batman, always has the proper protocol in place to combat his forces.