Often, a character, would sometimes spin around or two or more characters would sometimes join hands in a circle, sometimes spinning around the same way; while they are doing this, said character(s) is/are shown in close-up, sometimes against a Speed Stripes backdrop.
Another variation on the group version is the camera showing a close-up of one of the characters and panning to the next, one by one, or the character pass the camera as it remains stationary.
This is commonly seen in animated cartoons, and is normally used when characters are having fun or during a romantic moment. It can also be used in a Busby Berkeley Number.
Contrast Round Table Shot, where the camera pans from one character to another at a table, and Orbital Shot, when the camera circles around a character or subject. If the spinning is fast enough, it could lead to Centrifugal Farce.
- Zatch Bell!: Done in its fifth ending, "Fever", surprisingly being a two prong example with the Mamodos (Zatch, Tia, Kachome, and Ponygon) in front of the camera while their partners/book wielders (Kyo, Megumi, Falgore and Sunbeam) are behind them.
- Alvin and the Chipmunks Meet Frankenstein: One of these occurs during the "If You Wanna Have Friends" montage as the Chipmunks and the children dance around Frankie.
- A Goofy Movie:
- In the original film, Goofy and Max have one when Goofy makes Max contra-dance with him at Lester's Possum Park, and another one towards the end of "Nobody Else But You".
- An Extremely Goofy Movie: Goofy and Sylvia have one of these during their disco dance.
- In Finding Dory, Dory has one with her parents when they are finally reunited.
- In The Tigger Movie, Pooh has one as he dances with Tigger at his family reunion.
- Toy Story 2: During "When She Loved Me", Jessie has one as Emily spins around with her on the tire swing.
- In the teaser for Toy Story 4, Bonnie's toys play a game of Ring Around The Rosy while Judy Collins' "Both Sides Now" plays in the background. When the camera gets to the newest member, Forky, a spork with a crudely made face, legs and arms, Forky panics about his existence and runs from the group. Woody stops in confusion, causing the entire group to accidentally slam into each other, with parts flying, and audio cues playing ("There's a snake in my boot!" and "To infinity and beyond!").
- Little Women: This is done to show how the characters have changed during the four year time skip. In particular Amy is pointed out, since an older actress is now portraying her and the audience might get confused. They hold hands and sing "For The Beauty of the Earth" as they circle around the bower containing the newly-married John and Meg Brooke. Seen here.
- Carrie: A variation happens as the camera circles around Carrie and Tommy as they dance romantically.
- Happens in Big Fish when Edward dances with Jenny's mother, the first lady of Spectre, Alabama, though he gets a tiny bit uncomfortable when the mayor himself joins in.
- A slow version happens in Batman Returns when the Penguin and Catwoman meet for the first time. He accuses her of being just some sorority girl seeking attention, as they circle his birdcage (leading to an amusing moment where they threaten each other's pet).
- Cory in the House: Cory has one with Lionel in "A Rat By Any Other Name" when he shows up at the White House.
- In the Drake & Josh episode "Sheep Thrills", Megan promises not to pull any pranks on Drake and Josh if they help hide her pet sheep. This results in the two having an Imagine Spot of life without Megan's pranks that shows them spinning around together in a flower field with a shot like this.
- The Umbrella Academy (2019) does this in its season one finale. Near the end, the Hargreeves siblings grasp each other and stand in a circle as the camera pans to each of them. During the second rotation, the siblings have reverted to their younger selves, indicating that Five's time travel is taking effect.
- Done in the Abby Hatcher episode "Fuzzly Ball" as Abby, Bozzly, Miranda and Lex dance the waltz together.
- The Adventures of Jimmy Neutron: Boy Genius:
- In the episode "Crime Sheen Investigation", Sheen has one with his Ultra Lord action figure during his flashback.
- The Neutrons have one together in "Fundemonium" after Hugh comes home and announces the family isn't moving.
- Amphibia: In "The Domino Effect", Anne and Domino 2 have one during her flashback of their Good-Times Montage before she lets him go.
- Done at least once between the two titular characters of Adventure Time with Finn and Jake.
- Done at the end of the Care Bears: Welcome to Care-a-Lot episode "Sad About You" as Wonderheart dances with Floppy Bunny in the "Best Friends" music video.
- In the Danny Phantom episode "Lucky in Love", Danny and Paulina do this while they are on a date. Hilarious enough, Tucker and Kwan do this as well while the two are just hanging out, until Kwan accidentally lets go and sends Tucker flying.
- In the My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic episode "A Friend in Deed", the crowd of ponies that follow Pinkie in her "Smile Song" have a few scenes where the camera pans across them in a circle at warp speed.
- Phineas and Ferb:
- In "Voyage to the Bottom of Buford", Buford has one with his goldfish Biff during his flashback.
- Happens between Phineas and Stacy in "Put That Putter Away" during the Gratuitous Disco Sequence.
- Phineas and Isabella have one in "Summer Belongs to You!" as they dance during the final song.
- In "The Great Indoors", Candace and Jeremy have one during Jeremy's song as he tries to tell Candace what he likes about her.
- In the Rugrats episode, "The Trial", close-ups of Phil and Lil can be seen in flashback sequences when they play Ring Around the Rosy around Tommy's lamp.
- Sofia the First: In "Gizmo Gwen", Gwen has one of these during Sofia's Pep-Talk Song.
- SpongeBob SquarePants:
- In "Christmas Who?", SpongeBob and Patrick have one of these during "The Very First Christmas".
- SpongeBob and Patrick get another in "Wormy" as they are dancing around Wormy during "That's What Friends Do".
- SpongeBob and Patrick have another along with Squidward in "Enchanted Tiki Dreams".
- In "To Love a Patty", SpongeBob's Falling-in-Love Montage with the patty begins with him dancing with the patty under a disco ball followed by close-ups of the latter and former, in that order.
- In "Yours, Mine and Mine" after Mr. Krabs gives SpongeBob the Patty Pal toy, SpongeBob has one of these with the toy as he dances with it.
- Total Drama: During the song "Before We Die" in World Tour as the contestants are thrown out of the plane, at one point they join hands and the camera pans to each character as they speak.
- Wander over Yonder: In "The Buddies", both Wander and Hater have one towards the end of their Friendship Song, which turns out to be just a dream Hater had.
- In The Magic School Bus episode "Plays Ball", one of these shots occurs when Ralphie winds up grabbing Dorothy Ann when trying to get to home plate during a baseball game happening on a frictionless field in one of the latter's books.