As a Moments subpage, all spoilers are unmarked as per policy. You Have Been Warned.
- Okabe's reaction to meeting Luka for the first time:Okabe: Urushibara Luka. Delicate as an orchid, fair as a cherry blossom, the personification of feminine grace. But he's a guy. Tall as a willow, slender as a reed... but he's a guy. Radiant in shrine vestments. But he's a guy. The sun dips low in a rosy sky, cicadas buzz... But he's a guy.
- It's even funnier in the official translation, which makes it sound like Okabe is trying to fight off a rising sense of latent attraction.
- "Anata no banana puni puni da ne!" Your banana is so soft and squishy, by yours truly Mayushii!
- In the True Ending, when Okabe encounters Beta World Suzuha:Beta!Suzuha: There lies a worldline unaffected by any attractor field. A worldline knows as Steins Gate.Okabe: But that's the chunni name I pulled out of my ass! It doesn't even mean anything!
- In Faris' ending, Okabe "loses" his ability to play Rai-Net (which he really never had, thanks to his Ripple Effect-Proof Memory)note . They try and play some games, which of course he does terrible at.Faris: I didn't think you'd get this poopy, nya...
Okabe: Well, excuse me for being poopy.
- Faris also reveals that immediately after she confessed to him in this timeline, he kissed her and they moved in together, making Okabe wonder if deep down he's always been that smooth with women.
- In the middle of a serious scene with Moeka:Okabe: Does she want another headbutt that badly?
- Okabe using his Reading Steiner ability to mess with Kurisu in an optional phonecall:Okabe: Before I time leaped, you made a tearful confession. You said, "I'm an @channeler, a Nicojunkie, and a camwhore who posts tits, but will you still accept me as your assistant?"
- The Visual Novel has a less-cutdown version of the very first time Okabe & Daru manage to time-warp a banana. Their reaction to this is a wonder worth seeing.
- In a bit of Black Comedy, during the final sequence of events, after Okabe allows himself to be stabbed by Nakabachi, he threatens to massacre everyone, including Kurisu. Despite this, she still worries for his safety, much to his amazement. Doubles as a heartwarming moment.Okabe: I just said 'massacre everyone', so why is this woman running towards me? She's good-natured, even though she's a tsundere.
- In Chapter 8, after Luka's Love Confession, Okabe returns to the lab really in shock and says gibberish about the invention of the Microwave. Mayuri, who saw him has this to say...Mayuri: Oh no! Okarin is broken.
- Okabe has a habit of using very Visual Novel-esque descriptions for people he doesn't know. Such as stating out loud that he's going to call an unnamed police officer "Officer A" (the dialogue box changes to match).
- When he first meets Moeka, her dialogue box goes from "Woman" to "Possible Organization Spy" to "Probably not Organization Spy" to "Lady Ignoring Me and Apparently Sightseeing in Akihabara" as the conversation progresses. A similar thing happens with 4°C later on.
- When Okabe finally tells Kurisu about the reasons for his repeated time-leaping, she suggests he uses a Trust Password to get her help quicker next loop. She picks something embarrassing enough that her past self's reaction is:Kurisu: I'm going to kill myself five hours from now...
- There's one moment when Okabe calls Kurisu using his self-appointed name for her, "Christina," except he draws it all out so long it sounds like he's trying to sing opera.
- Moeka misspelling Hououin Kyouma as "Hoboing Coma" from Episode 2.
- This talk from episode 3:Daru: What do you want the text message to say?
Okabe: How about "Christina is a pervert."
Kurisu: Don't go pushing your luck, jerkwad.
Daru: How about I just split the difference: "O-kar-in is a per-vert."
Kurisu: Atta boy! Good thinking!
Daru: Firing torpedoes, captain!
- Okabe & Makise getting into an argument over which of them is the bigger pervert. "Hentai tensai shoujo yo!"
- Episode 5:
- Episode 7 had a pretty interesting case of Everyone Can See It.
- In Episode 10, when Mayushii is discussing cosplay with Ruka:
- Kurisu's tsundere moments. For example, this little gem in episode 12.
- Episode 14:
- "Right now, what you want most is your own personal fork."...look at Kurisu's reaction.Kurisu: Screw you future me!
- The Gratuitous English makes if even funnier. "My fork" and "my spoon" indeed...
- Apparently "my fork" and "my spoon" was at some point 2chan slang for "lover" and "friend", respectively. No wonder Kurisu was so pissed with herself.
- "Right now, what you want most is your own personal fork."...look at Kurisu's reaction.
- Episode 15:
- Okabe's reveal of his @channel handle, "Hououin Kyouma", which everybody already knew.
- Okabe's attempt to communicate with a foreign-looking person.Okabe: [in Surprisingly Good English] Hey Mister, I am Mad Scientist! It's so cool! Sonuvabitch.
- In the Funimation dub, instead of Gratuitous English, he tries to speak jive.Okabe: Word to your mother!
Suzuha: I cannot believe you just said "word to your mother" to this guy, you freak.
- Episode 18:
- Kurisu recognizing that Okabe is a virgin.
- Daru attempting to give Okabe dating advice.Daru: Have you considered giving the wisdom between these pages a try?
Okabe: That's a hentai game strategy guide, jackass!
- Episode 23:
- Okabe describing his future self as "an otaku who read too many bad light novels". This is sadly lost in the dub.
- Daru consistently being confused and looking for a different person in the background whenever Suzuha refers to him as her dad, thinking that she must be talking to someone else. Poor guy doesn't have a clue.
- Episode 25:
- The return of Gratuitous English Okabe, only this time he tries to get through customs at the airport with it. It goes slightly less well.
- IT'S A MOTEL!!!
- What does Moeka want? "MACADAMIA NUTS MACADAMIA NUTS MACADAMIA NUTS MACADAMIA NUTS... anything but"
- After Okabe questions Kurisu's driving, causing her to speed off from the airport without him, cut to Okabe trudging along the road, seemingly exhausted.Kurisu: ...I watched you get out of the stupid cab, you big faker.
[Okabe's taxi zooms past them in the background]
- Kurisu in the cat maid outfit.
- If you're a Los Angeles native, it's pretty amusing to see familiar places in this episode. The details of the Staples Center, LAX, and the LA Convention Center are spot on.
- The Somei Eichi no Cognitive Computing shorts are usually very amusing.
- The first one has the computer UPA AI thing help out Kurisu cook. Both Okabe and Daru react appropriately. It leads to them making chocolate burritos which Okabe tries to force Daru to try first. It ends in Okabe admitting they taste great.
- The third one has Nae calling out Okabe and Daru on their limited wardrobe, causing them to ask Kurisu for a makeover. When she has the computer Upa help. It creates some really ridiculous outfits for Daru. And for the audience and Kurisu's shock, some outfits that really fit Okabe to the point Kurisu can't breathe.
Movie/Visual Novel & Anime/Unsorted
- Any time Okabe goes off in weird tangents of thought, leaving everyone bewildered.
- Okabe discovers, in one world line after he sends a D-mail - the hard way - that Ruka is now actually a girl instead of a guy wanting to be one.
- Or Kurisu, earlier before the world shift, discovering that Ruka was a boy pretty much the same way. Cut to Kurisu leaning against a wall, looking ill, and Mayuri asking her, "You okay, there?"
- EVERY time Okabe talks to his Imaginary Friend on his phone, to the point that he has to come up with Blatant Lies as to how his phone magically turns off when anyone besides him touches it when Kurisu grabs his phone and sees that it's off. While many of Okabe's paranoid and/or nonsensical rantings turn out to have some measure of truth to them, this is the one aspect of him that is purely fictional.
- In the movie: Kurisu, in an attempt to jog the other lab members' memories of Okabe, pulling a comically-theatrical impersonation of his Hououin Kyouma persona.
- Any time Daru keenly takes notice of a Double Entendre, since the viewers usually notice them at the same time.
- Also, any time Daru compares what's happening in-universe to an LN or an anime, considering the show's source material.
- Any time Moeka talks about how much FB means to her because to a lot of people interpret it as "Facebook"
- Kurisu mistaking Daru's underwear for a lab coat.
- Pretty much all of drunk Kurisu in the movie.
- After receiving a text, Okabe runs back to the Lab, then walks in on Mayushii and Kurisu in the shower. He's booted out and then pulls out his phone...Okabe: It's me. We have a problem. I'm under attack from Mongolian Spot and Ditzy sisters. They're going directly after my sanity, a bold move against the insane mad scientist Hououin Kyouma.
This is the strongest offensive I've encountered so far. I realize now that vulnerability itself can be a powerful weapon. They're pulling out all the stops, and I don't think my pants can take it.
Give in to the temptation? Nonsense. I could never do that. They're fellow lab members, my loyal assistant, and my childhood friend.
...Must I? Is it truly the will of Steins Gate that I give in? That I raise my hand against my closest companions? If so... then how cruel the fates be!
El... Psy... Kongroo!
- Okabe and Ruka's painfully awkward date.
- The entirety of the "My Darling is an idiot!" segment counts as one. From Okabe's and Kurisu's mutual Tsundere tendencies making the whole situation one huge bicker fest, to the fact that the "World Ending Data" that the crew is trying so hard to keep from broadcasting turns out to be a sickeningly sweet dream of her and Okabe.
- Kurisu calling Okabe an "airhead" in a D-mail (written in English). Okabe wonders what that means, and she tells him it's a compliment in America. He later looks it up and gets outraged.
- When Kurisu sees the condition of the lab's bathroom, she makes Mayushii promise never to take a shower there again.
- Daru looks at Ruka in drag and states to Okabe "Balls or not man, I would so hit that."
- It's basically a Running Gag in the spin-off stories for Kurisu to be outed as an @channeler or Closet Geek.
My Darling's Embrace
- Everything about the opening movie says, "Yeah, we know what kind of story this is. Don't take it seriously at all."
- Doubling as a Heartwarming Moment: the reaction of the Lab Mems when they see Mayuri and Okabe's photos from Mayuri's photoshoot.Daru: It's an imposter! I won't admit it! This isn't the Okarin who looks like me!
- Daru and Kurisu having a Not So Different moment in Mayuri's route when both of them ask the exact same question: Which eroge did Rintaro steal his (not so) fake drowning scenario from?
- Okabe's dad openly encouraging Mayuri to marry Okabe and her flustered reaction to it.
- When Mayuri helps Okabe out at the family grocery, most of the neighborhood wives assume the two have gotten married.
- Rintaro's wet dream of Mayuri coming onto him in the lab.
- The lab mems' reactions to finding out Rintaro basically proposed to Mayuri near the end of her route.Kurisu: Geez, we give you a little push and you go off and get engaged!
- Kurisu's viewing Daru's dream while testing Gadget No. 13. Her expression in the CG says it all.
- Kurisu crossing into Black Comedy territory when she suggests cutting Rintaro's arm off to free them from Gadget No. 12 and milking it as much as she can. Daru even wonders aloud if she's gone Yandere.
- Kurisu's route being a "Shaggy Dog" Story when all of the analog TVs in Akihabara display the dream she was having of her and Rintaro being lovey-dovey.
- At the end of Kurisu's route, after she and Rintaro manage to get No. 12 off, what does Mayuri do to get them to stop arguing? Put it back on both of them!
- In true theater of the absurd fashion, one of Rintaro's ideas for the lab to raise money is for the lab mems to form a band, with Moeka as the lead vocalist. She emails out the lyrics of the songs rather than singing them at their first session.
- Kurisu having just a little too much fun in her role as the Hell Maid in Faris's route, and her friends and professors in America finding out about her stint as a cat girl maid Crossing the Line Twice when they start inviting her to perform in that role at events (and dance the Samba) when she returns. This leads to Kurisu's funniest Cry Cute moment in the franchise.
- Suzuha attempting to break Daru out of falling in love with her by hurling an absolute barrage of verbal insults at him. Of course Daru, being Daru, only falls for her even more as a result.
- Rintaro getting Kurisu to dress up as a fortune teller to try and convince Daru to attend ComiMa in Suzuha's route.
- Rintaro doesn't hesitate to Lampshade how Suzuha's route parallels Back to the Future, especially when his Tempting Fate comment ends up with Beta Suzuha appearing before him and dragging him into the time machine in The Stinger.
- Okabe doing the Crotch-Grab Sex Check once again to Luka in his route, except this time "it" is there.Okabe: Furthermore, it appeared to be bigger than mine.
- The Stinger for Luka's route showcasing that the entire dragon sighting was Rintaro being the unwitting test subject for Kurisu's newest Gadget, turning it into another "Shaggy Dog" Story. Plus, Moeka snapped a photo of Rintaro nearly kissing Luka.
- Rintaro challenges Kurisu to a contest at the summer festival's shooting gallery. The goal: a metal Upa for Mayuri. The result: Epic Fail on both sides.
Linear Bounded Phenogram
- Daru also figuring out that Kurisu is an @Channeler.
- The CG of Tennouji being completely shocked to win the lottery with the simple animation of Nae trying to look over his shoulder.
- Rintaro getting pissed that Tennouji won the grand prize while the lab had settled on going for Third Place, doubling as a Call-Back.
- The Epic Fail moment that is each of Kurisu, Faris, and Moeka's evaluations as new mother candidates for Nae.
- The CG of poor Nae fleeing in abject terror from her new android mother.
- Faris getting overheated in her Chat Noir costume and acting like a spoiled child when trying to nuzzle up to an Upa cosplayer is both adorable and hilarious.
- In that same story: seeing both Rintaro and Kurisu as Lizardmen, complete with character art!
- Mayuri turning the tables and making Rintaro her hostage for one night. She's not very good at it, but he plays along anyway. Her attempt at an evil laugh is the icing on the cake.
- When Daru and Nae have to sneak into the lab, Daru is too fat and Nae literally has to shove his ass through the window. Later on, Daru tried to sneak back in on his own and got stuck for eight hours!