- Awesome, Dear Boy + Playing Against Type : Kana Hanazawa openly stated that she was happy to be in the cast, as it's uncommon for her to lend her voice in a serious work.
- Cash Cow Franchise: To date, Steins;Gate has been ported to nearly every possible gaming platform in existence since the 7th Generation. The only exceptions would be Wii and Wii U. That's not even counting the spin-offs, sequels, prequels, anime, soundtracks, drama CDs, other miscellaneous material, and whatnot. "Milking it" would be an understatement at this point. Taken Up to Eleven during this title's 10th Anniversary in 2019, where it was announced that the there will be 10 new projects for it, which was originally an April Fools joke! In comparison, Chaos;Head only had small "Happy Anniversary" stuff for their 10th Anniversary.
- The Future Gadget Laboratory website (written in hilariously bad English).
- There were live performances of FESnote starring herself.
- The fans created this: @channel.
- There were also a group of fans who created a replica of the Divergence Meter using actual Nixie tubes.
- There were official sets of Rai-Net Access Battlers Trading Card Game being sold during ComiKet 80. Complete with a (downloadable) rulebook. You can get an Oopa at a gachapon machine (including the elusive metal version!)
- For a limited time, you could buy a replica model of Okabe's phone.
- To promote Steins;Gate, they have attached a replica of the crashed satellite to the actual Radio Kaikan building in October 2011.
- No Export for You: For the longest time, the Hiyoku Renri no Darling spin-off was only ever released in Japan with no localization for other regions, until December 10th 2019, when it was globally-released with an English translation under the title My Darling's Embrace.
- Parallel Porn Title: Layers;Gatenote , produced by Total Media Agency, which starred Goro Tameike as Okabe. It was eventually recalled due to an angry letter by S;G's devs. Hilariously, they had the audacity to take scenes from the anime and green screen the actors onto it.
- Real-Place Background:
- Many of the locations in the series are based on actual places in Akihabara. Highlights include MayQueen NyanNyan which is based on the Mai-lish maid cafe and The Future Gadget lab itself, which is based on an actual shop, if you go by the address that Okabe mentioned in the beginning of the game. Amusingly, there is an HDTV store in the same location where Braun TV should be.
- Makise Kurisu's institution in America, Victor Chondria University, is modeled on real world Columbia University. This is seen in depictions of the campus and the university ID card in the manga adaptation of Epigraph of the Closed Curve.
- Recursive Adaptation: Steins;Gate Elite is a visual novel adaptation of the anime adaptation of the original visual novel.
- The Red Stapler: It is by Steins;Gate's decree that Dr. Pepper be the intellectual drink for the chosen ones. And so it was. Sales of Dr. Pepper heavily increased in Japan as fans bought the drink, and vending machines started advertising it with tie-in marketing to the game.
- Significant Double Casting: Suzuha and Yuki share the same voice actress. Gee, I wonder why that could be?
- Unintentional Period Piece: Seeing that the game is set in the year 2010, it had to be this, similar to how Chaos;Head is to The Noughtiesnote . There are many examples that supports this trope, most prominently the fact that the Phone Trigger system uses Flip phones and E-mails instead of smartphones and Chat applications (which became the norm of mobile phone communications since the mid-2010s). This is why the Phone Trigger system was replaced with the RINE Trigger systemnote in the sequel.
- What Could Have Been:
- There was a plan to include a Moeka Ending. It was scrapped for making her too sympathetic.
- In an interview with the game's scriptwriter, there was a plan to incorporate players' own phone for the Phone Trigger system. Players' phone is the phone who answers the mails instead of Okabe's phone. It was turned down due to law and privacy issues (and of course, angry messages from players inscribed in the texts).
- The Wiki Rule: The Steins;Gate Wiki and Science Adventure Wiki.
Trivia / Steins;Gate