The 2012 sequel to the Piranha 3D remake. Lloyd, Rhames, and Paul Scheer (O'Connell's cameraman) reprise their roles while Danielle Panabaker played the lead. David Hasselhoff appears as a lifeguard.
This film provides examples of:
- Adam Westing: David Hasselhoff as a jaded, womanizing jerkass version of himself. One of his lines involves him saying that he's never been a lifeguard.
- As Himself: Guess who.
- Asshole Victim: Kyle and Chet.
- Bittersweet Ending: Sort of.
- Bloodier and Gorier: Averted. While the film has quite a bit of blood and gore, it is nowhere near as violent as the first.
- Cassandra Truth: Chet refuses to believe his step-daughter Maddy about the piranha, at least as far as them getting into the park. He does at least know they're real.
- Corrupt Corporate Executive: Chet.
- Deadpan Snarker: When the piranhas attack the waterpark, David Hasselhoff remains seated in his lifeguard chair and snarks at the carnage unfolding.
- Dead Star Walking: Gary Busey.
- Death by Sex:
- Death of a Child: Chet runs over a little girl and David is decapitated by a piranha.
- Denser and Wackier: The sequel is much more comical compared to the first.
- Dirty Cop: Kyle, who receives bribes from Chet to look the other way regarding the illegal activities and safety code violations at his park. He later shows himself to be a Dirty Coward as well.
- Dogged Nice Guy: Barry, to Maddy.
- Double Entendre: The very name of the film. 3DD?
- Eye Scream: Kyle gets impaled through his eye by Barry's trident used for picking up trash.
- Final Girl: Maddy.
- Foreshadowing: "It's not like the fish are going to follow them home."
- Gainaxing: While there are several female examples, one that stands out is... David Hasselhoff, during a Shout-Out/parody of Baywatch.
- Handicapped Badass: Fallon's titanium prosthetic legs are immune to piranha bites, allowing him to wade into the water and rescue people. He also attaches sawed-off shotguns to said legs.
- Hotter and Sexier: The T&A is greatly ramped up compared to the original. In-universe, this also applies to the water park after Chet's renovations, with reduced admission costs for hot women, pole-dancing female lifeguards, and an "adult pool" which has an underwater video camera hooked up to a giant screen (for better viewing of the bottom-less ladies) and guests permitted to skinny-dip and even have sex in the water. Maddy is not amused by any of this.
Maddy: Please tell me you didn't just fire our old lifeguards and replace them with strippers!
Chet: Water-certified strippers.
- Jerkass: Chet, Kyle and David Hasselhoff.
- Late-Arrival Spoiler: Deputy Fallon is still alive, and still as badass as ever. Not only is this a spoiler for the first film (where he supposedly died), it's one of the main money shots in the trailer.
- Lettered Sequel: Aiming for a pun.
- Made of Plasticine: Like in the first film. Particularly notable is Chet's death. He gets his head cut clean off by a flag string while driving a golf cart. It'd have be monomolecular wire to have that kind of cutting power at such speeds. A land-walking piranha also bites a boy's head clean off, despite the size difference between it and the head in question.
- Marshmallow Hell: The main character's douchebag uncle who turned the water park into an adult resort is decapitated while trying to escape from the giant flesh-eating piranhas; his head ends up in a stripper's bosom.
- Mistaken for Gay: Barry, after his confession to Maddie.
- Must Not Die a Virgin: It's Shelby who doesn't want to die a virgin. If only she had better timing.
- Pun-Based Title: "Piranha 3DD", owing to the sequel's remake being Hotter and Sexier.
- The Reveal: The piranha can now walk on land.
- Shout-Out: When the piranhas hit the water park, multiple dolly zooms occur while David Hasselhoff watches the carnage ensue, then snarks that a boy - also named David - went back in the water, a reference to Jaws 2's tagline.
- The Social Darwinist: David Hasselhoff displays these tendencies in his refusal to help those in the water.
David Hasselhoff: He went back in the water. You little, ginger moron.
- The Stinger: David Hasselhoff as... Fishhunter!
- Those Two Guys: Deputy Fallon and Andrew fall under this.
- Toilet Humor:
- Three minutes into the movie we see a dead horse farting out piranha eggs.
- There is also an in-universe example. Apparently, one of the most popular YouTube videos is of a "laughing diarrhea baby".
- Too Dumb to Live: Lampshaded by the Hoff when he sees the people getting eaten by piranha. If they'd just get out of the pool, they wouldn't be facing this problem. Heck, throughout the film, he keeps seeing some dumb kid who always keeps going in the water, needing help, forcing Hoff to keep saving him. When the kid gets himself killed after taking a picture of one of the on land piranha. Hoff outright lampshades his death.
- Unexplained Recovery: Deputy Fallon, who presumably died making a Heroic Sacrifice, is at the grand opening of the water park in a wheelchair. However, once the piranha show up...
- Vagina Dentata: A variation on this trope - a baby piranha swims into Shelby's vagina while she and Josh are skinny-dipping. The next day, when the two go to have sex...
- Walk, Don't Swim: Barry is a terrible swimmer, so when he needs to save Maddy (who's pinned to a drainage pipe) and necessity doesn't provide the skill, he compensates by weighing himself down and walking to her.