Sumalee Montano (born August 3, 1972) is a voice actress, best known as the voice of Arcee on Transformers: Prime and Katana on Beware the Batman.
Notable roles by Sumalee Montano:
- Action Girl: A lot of her characters are capable of kicking some serious butt
- Adorkable : She can be this in real life surprisingly enough. Some of what she posts on Twitter and instagram and are a bit childish and dorky, but she's just so lovable in how honest she is with her fans.
- Genki Girl: She maintains a bubbly and energetic personality, as this GIF demonstrates .
- Hiccup Hijinks: She once got hiccups after eating a bowl of spicy noodles. They went away after a few hours of breathing and waiting.
- Jerk with a Heart of Gold: Katana, Arcee, and Mera are among the many characters with one thing in common: They're all good people who aren't afraid to dish it out and be serious with others.
- Moe: Even in her mid-40s, she still comes across as insanely adorable to interact with.
- Ms. Fanservice: For one audition, she dressed in a noticeably more lavish dress. Let's just say it didn't go unnoticed, but in a good way.
- Nice Girl: While most of her characters follow this to an extent, she's very clearly this in real life, being very kind and loving to her friends, family, and fans
- Playing Against Type:
- Zigzagged with Maria Santiago. Many of the characters she voices are good people on the whole, which Maria is, but she usually specializes in action girl type characters, while Maria is just a normal, loving mother.
- A more straightforward example is Arachne from the Be Cool, Scooby-Doo! episode "Greece Is The Word", the episode's antagonist. On top of that, she only growls and screams, with no human dialogue. The same goes for the harpy she voices.
- Star-Making Role: Her voice acting debut as Arcee has led to a successful voice acting career afterwards.