Megumi Nakajima (born June 5, 1989) is a Japanese voice actress. She's not completely Japanese; her mom is from the Philippines, and that's part of the reason why she was loved by some Filipino fans. She started her career as a singer and eventually landed the role of Ranka Lee in Macross Frontier. She also provided the voice bank for the Vocaloid GUMI, dechi.
Megumi mentioned that one day, she wants to sing a song in Tagalog since the first songs she heard in her home were those from the Philippines.
She opened a Youtube channel in mid-2020.
Notable roles by Megumi Nakajima:
- Altlene in Busou Shinki
- Anne in Croisée In a Foreign Labyrinth
- Cecily in Last Exile
- Chiho and Chise Mihara in Kobato.
- Citron in Basquash!
- Dolphin Mii in Saint Seiya: Saintia Sho
- Elena "Antoinette" Himekawa in Phi Brain: Puzzle of God
- Ephemero, Shakuna and Otogirisou in Grimms Notes
- Fuji-hime in Onmyōji: The Card Game
- Grania in Rinne no Lagrange (Playing Against Type)
- Gumi/Megpoid in Vocaloid
- Hingainu Inumura in Hakkenden: Eight Dogs of the East
- I-168, I-58, Kinugasa, and other ships in KanColle
- Kaede Sakura in Kämpfer Playing Against Type
- Kotone (Lyra) and Meloetta in Pokémon
- Lyra in Fairy Tail
- Mari Tamagawa in Moshidora
- Megumi Aino in HappinessCharge Pretty Cure!
- Miku in Akikan!
- Ranka Lee in Macross Frontier
- Ruri Aiba in Sacred Seven
- Sazanka Bianca in Aquarion EVOL
- Tuuli in Ascendance of a Bookworm
- You Kasukabe in Problem Children Are Coming from Another World, Aren't They?
Nakajima exhibits these tropes:
- Bilingual Bonus: Somewhat. Megumi mentioned at several conventions that while she is familiar with Tagalog and can understand others who speak the language, she isn't a fluent speaker herself.
- But Not Too Foreign: Again, she's half Japanese, half Filipino.
- Idol Singer
- Playing Against Type: Who'd have thought she could pull off a Psycho Lesbian aka Sakura.