Hanna-Barbera Beyond is an initiative by DC Comics to create new "modern" series involving Hanna-Barbera's cast of creations, often set in Darker and Edgier settings, first announced on January 28th, 2016. The following series were created for the label:
- Scooby Apocalypse, which unsurprisingly is about Scooby-Doo and friends in an After the End setting.
- Future Quest, a Massive Multiplayer Crossover of H-B's action/adventure franchises, including (but not limited to) Jonny Quest, Birdman and Space Ghost. Unlike the other three initial "Beyond" titles (which are Darker and Edgier), Future Quest is played completely straight, with the old action heroes presented in a manner very faithful to their original portrayals.
- The Flintstones, a rather true to its roots reboot of the classic cartoon about social issues in a Stone Punk setting.
- Wacky Raceland, a.k.a. Wacky Races meets Mad Max.
- Exit Stage Left: The Snagglepuss Chronicles, which depicts the title character of Snagglepuss as a closeted gay playwright in the early 1950s who becomes targeted by the House Un-American Activities Committee in their crusade against subversive voices in Hollywood.
- Dastardly & Muttley a series by none other than Garth Ennis of Preacher fame is also in the works. It's be an adaptation of Dastardly and Muttley in Their Flying Machines, However is it not a Wacky Raceland Spin-Off (despite Word of God is that all the books are in a shared Verse) seeing as the protagonists are Col. Richard 'Dick' Atcherly and navigator Captain Dudley 'Mutt' Muller.
- The Jetsons, an adaptation of The Jetsons that goes Ascended Fanon by showing that the world below the floating cities is indeed a ruined Earth (in this case, completely flooded thanks to global climate change causing all ice on Earth to melt...including the ice that came with a meteorite that struck the planet).
- The Ruff And Reddy Show, a series that shows Ruff and Reddy as out-of-work actors looking to revive their careers.
There are also a series of specials crossing over with The DC Universe (collected under the name DC Meets Hanna-Barbera), which introduced several new characters including the aforementioned Jetsons and Snagglepuss:
- Booster Gold and the Flintstones (backup strip: The Jetsons)
- Adam Strange and Future Quest (backup strip: Top Cat)
- Green Lantern and Space Ghost (backup strip: Ruff and Reddy)
- Suicide Squad and The Banana Splits (backup strip: Snagglepuss)
- Aquaman and Jabberjaw
- Black Lightning and Hong Kong Phooey
- The Flash and Speed Buggy
- Super Sons and Dynomutt
- Deathstroke and Yogi Bear
- Green Lantern and Huckleberry Hound
- Nightwing and Magilla Gorilla
- Superman and Top Cat
As of 2019 the comic line has been cancelled with Scooby Apocalypse ending that April.