open/close all folders
Portrayed by: Robbie Amell
- The Chosen One: Stephen inherited his father's advanced powers and has taken up his fight to protect the Tomorrow People against Ultra. He even gets tagged with this appelation.
- Chronic Hero Syndrome: Stephen can't resist the impulse to help someone in need.
- Disappeared Dad: Stephen's father, Roger Price, ran out on the family when Stephen was very young. Stephen thought it was due to his mental illness but it was really to protect his family from Roger's fight against Ultra.
- The Mole: Infiltrates Ultra for the Tomorrow People.
- Mr. Fanservice
- Naïve Newcomer: Stephen constantly expects people around him to act with basic human decency and is constantly disappointed. Pretty much a given since he's torn between a genocidal secret paramilitary organization and the underground resistance group that's fighting them.
- Nice Guy
- Revenge: After his father dies he basically decides to kill the Founder. He tosses his ass into a wormhole created by the Machine.
- Screw the Rules, I'm Doing What's Right!: He's rather fond of this.
- Time Master: He has the rare power of manipulating time.
- Wide-Eyed Idealist: In contrast to John's jaded heroics.
Portrayed by: Luke Mitchell
- Abusive Parents: His biological parents are nowhere to be seen, and his foster father pulled a knife on him for having the audacity to demand he feed him and the other children in the home.
- The Atoner: He wants to make it up to Stephen and the Tomorrow People, in particular the fact that he thinks he killed Roger Price. Later, after Roger is revived, he even lets Roger win the "jaunt", and Cara observes he feels he deserves to get beaten up for what he did.
- Big Brother Mentor: After a shaky initial relationship, he becomes sort of this to Stephen.
- Broken Bird: Even though he does his best to hide it.
- Brought Down to Normal: Lost his powers by the Founder.
- Discard and Draw: Jedikiah gives him Roger's power.
- The Chains of Commanding: Is initially against any sort of intervention "topside", or any interaction with the humans, which puts him at odds with the rest who are more sentimental.
- The Chosen One: Was this for Jedikiah. He needed someone who was capable of killing the Founder.
- Cold Sniper: Plays one in the first season finale.
- Dark and Troubled Past: Orphaned, abusive foster father, Ultra recruiting him and getting his only friend Killed to Uphold the Masquerade, using him as a test subject, making him kill one of his father figures. It's a Trauma Conga Line.
- Dark Secret: The fact that he can kill other people. And also that he was ordered by Jedikiah to execute Roger Price. The secret comes out and he's voted out of his position as leader.
- Knight in Sour Armor: In a contrast to Stephen's wide-eyed idealism.
- Laser-Guided Amnesia: In the first season finale Jedikiah tampers with his mind so he doesn't remember Cara or the rest.
- The Leader: He led the Tomorrow People, until he was voted out of the position.
- The Lancer: Once Cara took the position their roles reversed.
- Mr. Fanservice
- Older Than They Look: He looks very young, but was already a reasonably grown kid looking like he's about ten to thirteen in flashbacks set fifteen years ago.
- Papa Wolf: Fiercely protective of the people under his charge.
- Take Care of the Kids: A dying Roger asked John to find and take care of Stephen. Years before this, he mentioned to John that he had a kid younger than him, and there would be a time when he would need John to look after him.
- Thou Shalt Not Kill: Despite being one of the only Tomorrow People capable of murder, he hasn't killed that many. One, as a child, prompting him to run way from Ultra, and the next is Killian McCrane, another murderous Tomorrow Person who has gone on several rampages. He kills at least one Ultra agent when they ambush the Tomorrow People and accidentally kills Cassie when she is hit by a bullet he fired at the Founder. He was also forced to (seemingly) kill Stephen's father, and this is what made him leave Ultra.
- Took a Level in Kindness: He's initially aloof and somewhat unfriendly, especially when it comes to Stephen. He changes and starts to warm up little by little, to the point of becoming somewhat of a Big Brother Mentor to Stephen.
- Trauma Conga Line: See Dark and Troubled Past above.
- Troubled, but Cute
- Used to Be a Sweet Kid: Before the series of events that turned him bitter.
Portrayed by: Peyton List
- Action Girl: She challenges her boyfriend to a fight in order to conclude an argument. And she wins.
- Attempted Rape: Back in high school, a boy takes her out in his car to a deserted park. It does not go well for him, or for her. She accidentally killed the son of a very well-connected man in the town, so she had to run away from home at her father's behest.
- Back from the Dead: Shot and killed by Natalie. Stephen rewound time to bring her back.
- Badass Longcoat: A trench coat, but occasionally.
- Break the Cutie: Her life since becoming an HS has not been all too pleasant.
- The Chains of Commanding: After taking John's place as The Leader, she's been pushed into making some hard choices.
- Cute Mute: She was deaf up until her powers manifested.
- Hime Cut: In the flashback to the rape attempt on her.
- The Lancer: The second in command to John.
- The Leader: After John is voted out of the position.
- Throwing Off the Disability: Breaking out cured her deafness.
- Took a Level in Jerkass: After taking John's place she's violated Stephen's mind without permission, kicked John out, and even hired an assassin to kill Jedikiah while risking Stephen.
- You Can't Go Home Again: Her father, while believing she is not a murderer, sends her away, reluctantly believing everyone would be better off if she "disappeared".
- Your Cheating Heart: Cara cheats on John with Stephen once.
Portrayed by:Madeleine Mantock
- Betty and Veronica: The Betty to Cara's dangerous action girl.
- Break the Cutie: "Sitting Ducks" was not kind to her.
- Girl Next Door
- Killed to Uphold the Masquerade: Attempted. John and Cara prevented it.
- Attempted again in "Things Fall Apart". This time Stephen's Mother prevented it.
- Muggle Best Friend: To Stephen initially though she's grown closer to the other Tomorrow People, especially John.
- Pair the Spares:Eventually they hook up.
- Patient Childhood Love Interest
- Token Black Friend: She gave up all her other friends to remain with Stephen, so it seems her life revolves around him.
- You Can't Go Home Again: See Killed to Uphold the Masquerade above.
Portrayed by: Mark Pellegrino
- Big Bad: Seems to be this at first. This is put in doubt by the introduction of the Founder and Jedikiah's crescent ambiguousness. By the finale though, with the Founder out of the picture and Jedikiah back creating his private army of telepaths, he definitely seems to be in this position again.
- Even Evil Has Loved Ones: Honestly loved his Little Brother and Morgan. He also loved John like a son. He does try to kill all of them at one time or another though, so it apparently only goes so far.
- Evilutionary Biologist: Inverted. He's a geneticist and he's definitely evil but he's devoted to helping Homo Sapiens humans come out on top against Homo Superior.
- Kill the Ones You Love: Jedikiah had to shoot his brother to stop the machine. And it was for nothing.
- Secret Relationship: Jedikiah is in one with a HS called Morgan.
- Superhuman Transfusion: He eventually manages to gain HS powers via transplant.
- Hour of Power: But his body rejected it at the last minute.
- Villain Has a Point: Jedikiah obviously has some Fantastic Racism issues, but he is correct about the problems that would arise from teenagers and young adults spontaneously manifesting super-powers. Ironically, when Jedikiah briefly gains powers he pretty much does what he was afraid HS would do, turning him into something of a Straw Hypocrite.
- Well-Intentioned Extremist: Jedikiah does some horrible things to Homo Superiors and humans alike but he honestly thinks it's all in service to the continuation of Homo Sapiens as a species.
The Founder (Hugh Bathory)
Portrayed by: Simon Merrells
- Big Bad: Jedikiah's superior at Ultra, and possibly the most powerful HS around.
- No Name Given: During his first appearances. It's only in his fifth appearance that his name is revealed as Mr. Bathory.
- The Voice: In his first appearance, he communicates telepathically to Stephen, never appearing onscreen.