The characters of the manga series Stardust Wink:
- Asian Airhead
- Book Dumb
- Curtains Match the Window
- Dogged Nice Girl
- The Ditz/Dumb Blonde
- Green-Eyed Epiphany: Anna doesn't truly realize her feelings for Hinata until she discovers that Mochizuki has a crush on Hinata and is planning on confessing to him. It only worsens when Anna discovers that Hinata has a crush on Mari-sensei.
- Nice Girl
- Oblivious to Love: Anna doesn't notice Sou has feelings for her until he flat-out tells her, and even then she initially believes he's lying. They briefly date only because Sou was able to kiss her, but she really has no idea what's going on when they're going out, and they break up and stay friends. It also takes Mashiro to remind her that her first love is Hinata, and she's in denial of it until she gets jealous when she discovers Mochizuki has a crush on Hinata.
- Platonic Life-Partners: This is initially what Anna thinks of her friendship with Sou and Hinata until Sou is revealed to have feelings for Anna and Anna develops feelings for Hinata.
- Precocious Crush: Anna's first love is Mashiro, but he reveals to her that her real first love is actually Hinata.
- Single Girl Seeks Most Popular Guy: Has a fleeting crush on Enomoto, briefly dates Sou but has no romantic feelings for him, and her first love is Hinata, who she redevelops feelings for.
- Unlucky Childhood Friend: To Mashiro, but it turns out he's not really her "first love." It's really Hinata and she later becomes a Victorious Childhood Friend for a while.
- The Ace: Sou's good at sports and schoolwork.
- Annoying Younger Sibling: Sou's older sister, Rin, thinks of him as this.
- Curtains Match the Window
- Did Not Get the Girl
- Dogged Nice Guy: Towards Anna, though in a Jerk with a Heart of Gold way.
- Heterosexual Life-Partners
- I Want My Beloved to Be Happy: To spades. It gets pretty heartbreaking near the end of the series.
- Jerk with a Heart of Gold: Sou can also be a Jerkass.
- Ladykiller in Love
- Parental Abandonment: Sou's parents are never at home due to work. His sister also lives with her boyfriend half of the time. Forget Parental Abandonment, how about "Family Abandonment"?
- Red Oni
- School Idol
- Sensitive Guy and Manly Man: Sou is the Manly Man to Hinata's Sensitive Guy.
- Unlucky Childhood Friend
Hinata is another childhood friend of Anna and Sou, and lives in room 301. He is one of the most popular boys in school, though he isn't aware of it. He is fond of animals, particularly Anna's pet squirrel Coco, and is in the Art Club.
- All There in the Manual: Hinata's character biography states that he dyed his hair a light chestnut brown color in order to look older.
- Because You Were Nice to Me: Sou was the only boy who willingly hung out with Hinata growing up. It's because of this Hinata is afraid of pursuing a relationship with Anna, since he doesn't want to strain his friendship with him.
- Beware the Nice Ones: Gets visibly upset at Sou when Anna tells him she and Sou made up. Also, you should've thought twice, Ayane.
- Bros Before Hoes: Sou is the motivating reason why Hinata doesn't go after Anna even after discovering she returns his feelings.
- Blue Oni
- Cuteness Proximity: Has one for squirrels and chipmunks.
- Disappeared Dad: Hinata does have a father and he is mentioned a couple of times, but he's never seen outright in person.
- Friendless Background: It might be hard to believe, but growing up, he didn't really have any other friends besides Anna and Sou.
- The Heart: He's usually the one who patches up the fights between Sou and Anna.
- Heterosexual Life-Partners: With Sou.
- Hot for Teacher: Although this actually turns out to be fake!
- Oblivious to Love: Is oblivious to Anna and Mochizuki.
- School Idol
- Sensitive Guy and Manly Man: Hinata is the Sensitive Guy to Sou's Manly Man.
- The Stoic
- Victorious Childhood Friend: For a while, at least, but Anna and Hinata eventually do end up getting back together in the end.
Rin is Sou's older sister and lives in apartment 303, though they don't see each other constantly due to her living with her boyfriend half the time. She is Mashiro's childhood friend.
- Cool Big Sis: The other kids, with the exception of Sou, see her as this.
- Does Not Like Men
- Second Love: Rin used to have a crush on Mashiro, but apparently she's moved on from him since her boyfriend is mentioned in chapter 1.
- Sugar-and-Ice Personality: Well, apparently the Grumpy Bear attitude runs in the Nagase family.
Beni is an elementary school student who lives on the fifth floor of the same apartment complex as Anna, Sou, and Hinata. She has an unrequited crush on Sou.
- A Day in the Limelight: Beni gets her own side story in vol. 10.
- Annoying Younger Sibling: Mashiro sees Beni as this.
- Clingy Jealous Girl: Has a big crush on Sou and is jealous whenever she finds Anna and Sou together.
- Green-Eyed Monster: Beni doesn't seem to appreciate Anna since Sou likes her.
- Precocious Crush: Sou is only three years older than Beni, but he treats her like a kid whenever she tries to flirt with him.
- School Idol
- Sibling Yin-Yang: Beni is immature and a brat to Anna, but her older brother, Mashiro, treats her very well.
- Third-Person Person
- Trademark Favorite Food: On her character file, whipped cream.
- Unlucky Childhood Friend: Beni loves Sou, but he doesn't return her feelings.
- Younger Than They Look: Beni is often mistaken as older than her actual age, which makes her very happy.
Mashiro is Beni's older brother and a twenty-year-old pre-med student. He is Anna's First Love, or so she says.
- A Day in the Limelight: Mashiro gets a side story in vol. 5 exploring his relationship with his childhood friend (and Sou's sister), Rin.
- Aloof Older Brother: Towards Beni. He's always found her annoying, but what really soured their relationship was that she revealed to Rin that he was dating her as a bet and it permanently damaged their relationship.
- Becoming the Mask: As part of a bet he made with his friends, he flirted with Rin, but ended up falling for her instead, causing an Unrequited Love Switcheroo.
- Big Brother Mentor: Towards Anna.
- The Casanova: Mashiro swept tons of girls off their feet in middle school!
- Four Eyes, Zero Soul: Gave off a suspicious vibe in his first appearance, but it turns out to be a Red Herring.
- Jerk with a Heart of Gold: He's a Jerk with a Heart of Gold to almost everyone, but mostly a Jerkass to Beni.
- Ladykiller in Love: In middle school, Mashiro was popular with the girls but resolved to not have a girlfriend. He made a Bet with his friends to make Childhood Friend and resident Ice Queen Rin Nagase fall in love with him since she Does Not Like Men. Needless to say, he fell in love with her, and she reveals to him she liked him since they were young but everything goes sour once she finds out about the bet from Beni.
- Sibling Yin-Yang
- Shipper on Deck: Mashiro often encourages Anna to get closer to Hinata.
- Unlucky Childhood Friend
Anna's senpai and middle school crush in Chapter 1.
Rui is one of Anna's close friends.
Kurumi is in the art club with Hinata and also has a crush on him. She's close friends with the art club advisor, Mari Kobayashi, and is very optimistic.
- I Want My Beloved to Be Happy: Mochizuki knows right away that Anna has a crush on Hinata and lets them get closer to each other once she is rejected.
- The Ingenue: This girl sees Rui and Hime's constant conversations about Anna as their way of caring so much about her, never mind that most of the conversations are complaints about how "stupid" Anna is.
- Nice Girl
- Shrinking Violet
- Trademark Favorite Food: On her character file, french toast.
Karin is Mochizuki's little sister who joins the art club out of fascination for Hinata.
- A Day in the Limelight: Karin is introduced and featured in the side-story published in Ribon's sister magazine, Margaret.
- Punny Name: "Karin" can mean "quince" in Japanese. Naturally, when Karin gives Hinata a quince-flavored cough drop, Sou immediately assumes that it's a tongue-in-cheek metaphor for eating her.
- Stalker with a Crush: Karin continuously follows Hinata to draw him for her art studies.
Nanoka is Anna's outspoken, often self-centered classmate and the first friend she makes upon entering high school. She is in the Photography Club and dislikes Sou immensely.
- A Day in the Limelight: The first part of Betsu ni Suki Janai Kedo is told from her point of view.
- Bitch in Sheep's Clothing
- Brutal Honesty
- Clingy Jealous Girl: Tends to become a Green-Eyed Monster in the prospect of anyone romantically getting close to Ayane or Kazami.
- Genki Girl
- Manipulative Bitch: She eventually changed away from this for the most part, but she still hates "Shithead Nagase" AKA Sou and likes messing with him.
- She Cleans Up Nicely: She gets such a moment in her side story.
- Third-Person Person
- Trademark Favorite Food: On her character file, chocolate.
- Tsundere: Type A for Kazami.
- Yandere: Nanoka really hates Sou for taking Ayane away from her, so much that she tries a Relationship Sabotage towards Anna and Sou's friendship as revenge.
Ayane is the beautiful childhood friend of Nanoka and Sou's ex-girlfriend from middle school. Unlike Nanoka, she's calm, attentive, and supportive towards Anna. She is in the Photography Club.
- Bitch in Sheep's Clothing: Inverted. Ayane is kind enough to coach Anna on making up with Sou and encouraging her to go hook up with Hinata, but she Takes A Level in Jerkass when she abandons Nanoka, as she's tired of her obsessively clinging onto her, and continues to guilt-trip Anna over hurting both Sou and Hinata.
- Dogged Nice Girl: Ayane understands Sou's feelings and tries to get him to make up with Anna when they get into an argument.
- Informed Attractiveness: Nanoka likes to brag about how beautiful Ayane is, and upon their first meeting, Anna is starstruck. According to her, She's Got Legs.
- Informed Attribute: Lives with her mother and older brother after her parents' divorce, though her family is never introduced except in flashbacks.
- Manipulative Bitch
- Parental Abandonment
- Shipper on Deck: Supports Anna with Hinata and encourages her to progress with him. Later realizes that this is the only way she can get Sou to move on to her.
- Took a Level in Jerkass: After chapter 40, when she uses Relationship Sabotage on Anna, Hinata, and Sou out of jealousy. Despite this, she can't bring herself to hate Anna at all.
- Trademark Favorite Food: On her character file, crepes.
- Why Can't I Hate You?: Even though Ayane cites Anna as the biggest reason she and Sou will never become a couple, she can't bring herself to hate her.
Kazami is Ayane and Nanoka's childhood friend and sits next to Anna in class. He coincidentally shares the same phonetic name as Hinata Tokura. He is secretly a manga artist.
- A Day in the Limelight: The second part of Betsu ni Suki Janai Kedo is told from his point of view.
- Big Ol' Eyebrows: Unlike the rest of the characters, his eyebrows are more defined.
- Bishie Sparkle: Used for comedic effect in the first part of the side story Betsu ni Suki Janai Kedo.
- Hidden Depths: He's a manga artist, but he'd really like it if you didn't tell anyone.
- Oblivious to Love: He has no idea Nanoka has a crush on him, though it's probably because she's mean to him the majority of the time.
- Otaku: Nanoka calls him such, since he's a huge fan of manga.
- Sleepyhead: Justified. Kazami has to meet strict deadlines at his job and keep up his studies, so he has no time to sleep at home.
- The Stoic
- Trademark Favorite Food: On his character file, ramen and creampuffs.
Tokiwa is Sou's best friend in high school.
- Punny Name: Tokiwa's name is a pun for a type of flower.
Mari is a very young art teacher in middle school who is friendly with Hinata and Mochizuki.
- Broken Bird
- Brooding Boy, Gentle Girl: The gentle girl to Hinata's brooding boy.
- Friendless Background
- Heterosexual Life-Partners: It's implied that she's starting to see Chiaki this way.
- Hot Teacher
- Looking for Love in All the Wrong Places: Her fiance broke off their engagement, and she's latched onto Hinata for comfort.
- Mrs. Robinson
- Trademark Favorite Food: On her character file, fruits.
Chiaki is the club advisor for the Photography Club.