The characters of the thirteenth adventure path, Wrath of the Righteous.
- Battle Couple: She and Irabeth are married.
- Handicapped Badass: Gets a broken leg in the first part of the adventure, although she's still happy to help.
- Transgender: Designated male at birth; realized at around the age of 12 that she identified more strongly with girls; and, when circumstances required that she take on a new identity, took the opportunity to slip smoothly into living as a girl. Thanks to a rather expensive potion paid for by Irabeth (by contrast to the alchemical means used by the iconic shaman Shardra Geltl), she's since physically transitioned as well.
- Conspiracy Theorist: Even before the demons blew up Kenebres, he was feeling rather suspicious of any demonic conspirators there. He was right, but a few of his pet theories are called out as wrongheaded, and he's very pushy about them.
- Handicapped Badass: Loses his eyes in the first adventure.
- Innocently Insensitive: Doesn't realize that "molemen" is somewhat offensive to mongrelmen.
- Small Name, Big Ego: Thinks of himself as one of the most brilliant Riftwardens in all of Mendev, let alone Kenebres. He's level one in the prestige class.
- The Cloudcuckoolander Was Right: His theory about molemen (or rather, mongrelmen) living beneath Kenebres was right on the money.
- Absolute Cleavage: It goes down to almost her navel.
- The Archmage: Her Mythic Path, and she's a spellcaster of surpassing power.
- Co-Dragons: To Deskari, along with Khorramzadeh.
- Cute Monster Girl: Would be an understatement. If you can get past her wings, horns, and glowing red eyes she's downright gorgeous◊.
- Damage-Sponge Boss: With a Constitution of 48, it will take a long while to whittle her down. Khorramzadeh does have (a few) more hp, but he has no means to heal himself.
- Dark Action Girl: Despite being a spellcaster first and foremost, Areelu can more than hold her own in a physical brawl.
- Dual Boss: With an undead Khorramzadeh.
- Generic Doomsday Villain: Not much has been revealed about her backstory, especially not the reasons why she helped Deskari open the Worldwound.
- Half-Human Hybrid: Half human and half succubus demon.
- The Heavy: She's responsible for opening the Worldwound, kick-starting one of the greatest threats Golarion ever faced in its history.
- Older Than They Look: She's about 130 years old, but seems to be around her thirties.
- Red Eyes, Take Warning: Her eyes are full red without pupils, and she's never good news.
- Winged Humanoid: She has a pair of large, bat-like wings as part of her succubus heritage.
- Badass Gay: He's a rogue, and in love with Sosiel. If both survive to the end of the adventure, they get married.
- Dark and Troubled Past: And he's just barely beginning to get over it.
- Drugs Are Bad: Aron is dependant on shadowblood, a vicious Abyssal drug. And it might end up very badly for him, no thanks to a certain halfling betrayer...
- Ascended Demon: She seeks to fully abandon her former evil and destructive ways and dedicate herself to making up for the evil she did as a servant of the Abyss. She's not quite there yet, but she's successfully changed her alignment from Chaotic Evil to Chaotic Neutral, and is trying to seal the deal with a full transition to Chaotic Good.
- The Atoner: As a succubus who just got her conscience back, she has a lot of work to do.
- HeelFace Turn: She is in the middle of one when the Adventure Path begins, and the events of the later half of the adventure will determine how this will go for her. Her first step in her redemption was saving a child from being killed by a bunch of other demons which turns out to be one of the player characters, if they picked "A Chance Encounter" as one of their traits.
- Horned Humanoid: Like other succubi, she has small horns growing from her forehead.
- Horny Devils: She is a succubus. Ever since her meeting with Desna, though, she has set out to put this image in the past. Her full-body picture shows her covering herself entirely save for her hands and head, and one potential task to redeem herself is to fall in love and have that love corresponded.
- Love Redeems: Falling in love with someone and having that love corresponded is one possible task she can carry out to redeem herself.
- Nice Job Fixing It, Villain!: Seduced and killed a Priestess of Desna, then decided to enter her dying victim's dreams. This ended up giving her a personal audience with the goddess herself, who reached into Arueshalae and basically turned her soul back on, allowing her to remember her mortal life before she died and her soul became a demon and setting her on the path to redemption.
- Winged Humanoid: Being a succubus, she has large, bat-like wings growing from her shoulders.
Queen Galfrey of Mendev
- The Ageless: A very expensive potion, supplied to her by her kingdom's mages, has kept her in her late twenties/early thirties for many decades.
- Authority Equals Asskicking: She's a high-level Paladin who leads a nation of Paladins.
- Royals Who Actually Do Something: Not only is she a general in the fight against the demons, she also fights in the frontlines — and can even accompany the players in some of their adventures.
- Becoming the Mask: He used to be a servant and the best friend of the real Horgus Gwerm, but the latter was killed with the destruction of his parents' manor, and in a panicked haze he pretended to be Gwerm. He's since grown into the role.
- Brutal Honesty: He feels guilty about stealing his best friend's identity, resulting in this to compensate.
- Fantastic Racism: Is the most disturbed by the mongrelmen.
- Insufferable Genius: He's genuinely knowledgeable and intelligent, but a combination of stress and feeling helpless puts his already prickly personality on edge throughout the first adventure, and even beyond that he's a bit of a blowhard.
- Jerk with a Heart of Gold: He's quite the jerk when you meet him, but he later uses his fortune to aid the crusaders without asking for anything, happily works in helping to rebuild Drezen and is willing to join the player characters in their crusade and even into the Worldwound.
- Non-Action Guy: The only training he's had in combat is showfighting with rapiers, and he knows it.
- The Scapegoat: Of one of Aravashnial's conspiracy theories. Not only was the elf wrong, said theory also accused him of working with demons, which he hates. Being forced to work with Aravashnial to survive is one of the many, many reasons why he's generally a prick throughout the first adventure.
- Action Girl: This lady isn't going to back off from a fight when needed.
- Battle Couple: She and Anevia are married.
- Child by Rape: Averted, despite Pathfinder's general past for half-orcs. Her orc father had a genuine HeelFace Turn and settled down with her mother.
- Half-Human Hybrid: She's among the half-orcs to be born from an interspecies coupling than from two half-orcs — in her case, a happily married human mother and orcish father.
- If It's You, It's Okay: Neither Anevia's gender nor her anatomy have ever made any difference to her.
- Interspecies Romance: She's the product of one, and she's herself in one with Anevia.
- Square Race, Round Class: Half-orcs are often perceived as brutes and tend towards chaotic alignments. She's not only Lawful Good but a paladin.
- Braids of Action: She wears her hair in one.
- Conditioned to Accept Horror: It is mentioned that being in proximity to fiends in Cheliax and Isger has done a number on her morals.
- The Corrupter: She's trying to make Aron fall back into his shadowblood addiction in order to bring him to her superior, the Shadow Demon Eustoyriax.
- HeelFace Turn: A possible ending for her. Nurah is not yet beyond redemption, and a particularly impressive act of kindness or forgiveness from a character could inspire her to change her evil ways.
- Made a Slave: Her Freudian Excuse.
- The Mole: She's currently working for the Worldwound agents and spying on the party.
- Badass Gay: He's in a relationship with Aron, and while he's not a melee monster, he is a pretty good combatant.
- Blade on a Stick: His favored weapon is a glaive.
- Combat Medic: As a cleric, it's to be expected.
- Living Emotional Crutch: To Aron. It is thanks to Sosiel that Aron was able to start recovering from his shadowblood addiction.
- Nice Guy: He always has a kind word for everyone, though he's definitely not a fool.
- Straight Gay: Tall, well-built and with a definite manly feel to him — it's hard to suspect he's homosexual.