open/close all folders
The main character herself. A free-wheeling, mysterious hippie.
- The Alcoholic: Though not crippling, she clearly has a drinking problem.
- Aroused by Their Voice: Roomie describes Lillian as an "orgasmic storyteller." She also seems to be pretty into listening to WOC.
- Attention Deficit... Ooh, Shiny!: Roomie can get distracted quite easily.
- Beautiful Dreamer: Roomie has watched Lillian sleep a couple times.
- Better as Friends with Benefits: For all the sex she has, Roomie has a very difficult time letting people get truly close to her.
- Bi the Way: Calls herself "Bisexually Lesbian". She's not averse to sleeping with men, but she much prefers women.
- Dark and Troubled Past: Lost her best friend at the age of nine and was sexually assaulted on multiple occasions.
- Does Not Like Shoes: More like Does Not Like Clothes, but even when she's dressed, she's always barefoot no matter where she goes.
- Fun Personified: Thorougly deconstructed, showing how stressful it can be to always be the fun person.
- Genki Girl: The endlessly peppy party girl. Though the comic does show how stressful that can be.
- Granola Girl: A self-declared hippie.
- Hard-Drinking Party Girl: Especially in the first couple years of the comic.
- Heroic BSoD: She got hit with a big one when she learned that Matt and Lillian were once a couple.
- Insecure Love Interest: Roomie seems to fear that she can't live up to the idolized image of her she thinks people fall for.
- Ladykiller in Love: When she realizes she has feelings for Lillian.
- The Nicknamer: Roomie loves to give nicknames to people. She has a near-endless number of them for Lillian.
- No Name Given/Only Known By Their Nick Name: Her given name remains a mystery.
- Really Gets Around: Though since meeting Lillian, she has slowed down in said regard.
- Romance and Sexuality Separation: Only has sex when she's drunk and it's with someone she isn't in love with. When she falls in love with Lillian she's terrified of consummating their relationship.
- Sad Clown: Fires off goofy grins and innuendo at lightning speeds to avoid talking about her own feelings. Gets called out on it a lot as the comic goes on, mostly by WOC and Lillian.Lillian: Roomie, snap out of it. You're drunk.Roomie: Exactly. I'm just a drunk trying to be funny. Well, haha.
- Shameless Fanservice Girl: She goes naked a lot and doesn't seem to care who sees her.
The sleep prone object of Roomie's affection.
- Asexuality: Seems to be Lillian's chosen lifestyle. Even when she and Roomie become official, she seems to prefer cuddling to sex. Though as of now, she seems to be willing to try, even though she is extremely insecure about that kind of intimacy.
- Beware the Nice Ones: Very aloof, with a surprisingly long fuse. But when someone sets her off, she goes off.
- Chastity Couple: How Lillian views her relationship with Roomie.
- Covert Pervert: As the comic goes on, she's revealed to have a surprisingly dirty mind. But isn't overt about it like Roomie.
- Defrosting Ice Queen: Started out completely aloof and locked away. Has opened up much more as the comic goes on.
- Disappeared Dad: Her father died when she was very young.
- Friends Are Chosen, Family Aren't: The normally rather chilled Lillian gets downright neurotic, even paranoid, when her mother unexpectedly visits.
- Heavy Sleeper: She's gotten better as the strip goes on, though.
- I Am Not Pretty: Lillian feels this way about herself despite what all the other characters say.
- Rapunzel Hair: Lillian has very long, wavy hair. Her mother quite plausibly seems to regard it as her best feature.
- Really Fond of Sleeping: Lillian sees sleeping (or dreaming to be precise) as the sole purpose of existence, at least until she meets Roomie and even then Roomie is only able to get through to her after expressing interest in her dreams.
- Sleepyhead: Can fall asleep mid-conversation.
- Their First Time: Implied to have had lost her virginity to Matt.
- When She Smiles: As Richard put it, "You're pretty as fuck!"
The male, peppy half of the twins.
- Bi the Way: Richard prefers men, but he's played around with women, too.
- Crossdresser: Implied. As his mom gives him a box full of dresses for Ramona, he promises to test them himself to see if his mother was paying any attention to him. (She wasn't) Immediately afterwards he calls Ramona to comfort her, and notes that society is more accepting of women acting masculine than the other way around. Once he gets home, he hides the box's contents from Roomie, claiming it's full of dildos.
- Half-Identical Twins: With Ramona. If they happen to wear identical clothing, it is very hard to tell the two apart.
- Stupid Sexy Flanders: Has this effect on Matt. Probably other guys, too, but they don't seem to mind.
- Twink: Self-described as one.
The female, slightly dour half of the twins.
- Ambiguous Gender Identity: Comes to believe she might be non-binary.
- Bi the Way: Has had sex with both men and women.
- Dominatrix: In her private time. Unfortunately, she has issues turning off the dom part in public, leading to her being rather pushy at times.
- Half-Identical Twins: With Richard.
- Jerk with a Heart of Gold: Compared to her brother, Ramona can be a bit of an ass at times. Best exemplified when she gets a collective Death Glare from the whole bar.
- Odd Friendship: With Woc. Possibly a crush to boot.
- Shipper on Deck: She is probably the most vocal about hoping Lillian and Roomie get together.
- Tomboy with a Girly Streak: She has expressed more and more interest in girly things, such as dresses. She has no idea why.
Lillian's polyamorous brother.
Allan's fiancee/wife/other member of his polyamarous relationship. Has a rather...prickly personality.
The final competent of Allan and Eve's trio. A cool, free-spirited party dude.
Woc's off-kilter gardener. Richard takes a quick shine to him.
AKA, the Wise Old Crone. A wheelchair bound giver of wisdom.
Bar-friend and occasional bedmate of Roomie's.
The mildly friendly neighborhood bartender.
A soft-spoken Butt-Monkey, who doesn't quite fit into Roomie's unique world.
- Bastard Boyfriend: In his younger days, he coerced a reluctant Lillian into sleeping with him. The situation colored her present views on relationships.
- Butt-Monkey: If Matt is around for more than 2 pages, some mild misfortune tends to befall him.
- Open Mouth, Insert Foot: An almost chronic case of it.
An early bedmate of Roomie's, who wants more than just sex.
- Romantic Runner-Up: Aggie very clearly wants a relationship with Roomie. But gradually slips into a distant second when Lillian gets her attention.
The Twin's parents
The Twins parents. Their relationship is rather strained.
- Abusive Parent: Richard points out that their mom seems to only be interested in them when they act like she wants. Only after Ramona begins to want to be feminine does she care about her well-being.
- Daddy Issues:
- The dad has some, as he wasn't quite the son his dad wanted him to be (nor were his siblings), but this also means he is more supportive of his own kids. However...
- His wife doesn't seem to like the idea that her kids have free will, causing the two some Mommy Issues.
- Innocently Insensitive: It is very likely that the mom doesn't realize her effect on the twins. Instead of letting the two be themselves, she seems to consider them more as a way to get grandchildren, and wishes that they acted more traditionally.
- Parents as People: During a walk with Richard, the dad tells that his father got kids so he would have the life he always dreamt of. However, none of the kids ended up like he wanted. Because of this, he knows that he shouldn't try to do the same with his own kids.