Be wary of spoilers.
ChillyA former N.M.E. monster who went rogue after refusing to assassinate his target. He eventually joins up with Leo to continue opposing N.M.E. Thanks to Gim's S.P.I.F. Chilly no longer has to worry about melting.
- All-Loving Hero: Downplayed. Chilly is perfectly willing to fight and even kill N.M.E.'s monsters, though he also tries
- Bash Brothers: He and Bugzzy work together to defeat Phan Phan. He later assists Bike in defeating Fire Lion.
- The Hero: Duh!
- An Ice Person: He's a snow monster, so this is a given.
- The Lancer: To Leo. While Chilly leans more towards idealism, Leo is a bit more cynical.
- Pokémon Speak: Simirror made it so he could only say his name to prevent him from spilling any of N.M.E.'s plans.
- Red Oni, Blue Oni: The blue to Poppy's red. Fitting as he has a somewhat blue color scheme.
- Save the Villain: When Snowcrimson begins melting due to his base's cooling system being damaged, Chilly freezes him to buy him some time.
Poppy Bro Jr.
Poppy Bro Jr.Another N.M.E. monster imprisoned for blowing stuff up. He assists Chilly in his escape and also joins Leo's Star Warrior crew.
- The Big Guy: He isn't all that big, but his bombs certainly pack a punch.
- Cloudcuckoolander: Poppy mostly concerns himself with explosions, though he can be counted on if the situation needs it.
- The Lancer: He can usually be seen backing Chilly up.
- Pyro Maniac: Loves making things go kaboom.
- Red Oni, Blue Oni: The Red to Chilly's blue, though ironically he has a mostly blue color scheme.
Burning LeoA captain in the Star Warrior military. Having survived the war, Leo now seeks to gather up the remaining Star Warriors so they can continue to oppose N.M.E.
- Big Good: As the leader of the Star Warriors opposing N.M.E.
- Bird People: The epilogue reveals that Leo is apparently descended from a species of phoenixes with very short, stubby wings.
- The Captain: Was a captain in the Star Warrior military.
- Happily Married: The epilogue shows he got married to Birdon.
- The Leader: Of his Star Warrior crew. He also led a platoon of Star Warriors during the war.
- Playing with Fire: Leo has several fire-based attacks and he can even fly by rapidly emitting fire. He's Burning Leo, what do you expect?
Sir KibbleAnother Star Warrior captain who fought alongside Leo. Initially thought to be dead after the raid on the Star Lobster, Kibble is eventually revealed to have survived and been held captive by Simirror.
- Bash Brothers: He and Simirror make a pretty good team during their fight against Chameleo Arm.
- The Captain: Alongside Leo, Kibble was a Star Warrior captain.
- Heroic Sacrifice: Sacrifices himself to blow up Heavy Lobster and give Chilly, Poppy and Leo. Subverted when its revealed he's Not Quite Dead.
- Not Quite Dead: Unbeknownst to Chilly and co. Kibble survived Heavy Lobster's explosion thanks to his armor and was locked up by Simirror.
BirdonA Star Warrior who served under Burning Leo in the war. Secretly has a crush on Leo.
GimA robot created by the Star Warriors using Star Energy. Like Kibble and Leo, he also holds the rank of captain. He's al;soa a pretty skilled mechanic.
- The Captain: Held the rank of Captain in the Star Warrior military, alongside Kibble and Leo.
- Demoted to Dragon: A heroic inversion. Gim demotes himself to working as a mechanic to avoid a leadership struggle between him and Leo.
- Gadgeteer Genius: Invented an air conditioner and a solar powered cooling system for Chilly while inside a prison cell.
- Robot Buddy: A robot created by the Star Warriors using Star Energy. [[spoiler:Subverted. He was originally a Cappy until he was fatally injured and given a mechanical body by Leo.
- The Smart Guy: He's a mechanic and a Gadgeteer Genius at that.
BugzzyThe twin of the Bugzzy seen in the anime. He initially wants revenge on Kirby for killing his brother, but after Chilly convinces him that it was N.M.E.'s fault his brother died, as they sent him to kill Kirby, Bugzzy joins the Star Warriors to avenge his brother.
- Avenging the Villain: He wants to avenge his brother's death by killing Kirby. Subverted when Chilly makes him realize that it's N.M.E.'s fault for sending his brother to his death.
- Bare-Fisted Monk: He used to fight with weapons, but after hearing of how Kirby used one of his brother's weapons against him, Bugzzy learned to fight with his hands.
- Bash Brothers: He and Chilly work together to defeat Phan Phan.
- Comically Missing the Point: While in the Rock Star arena, Bugzzy didn't realize that he could use his wings to fly over the wall separating him and Chilly from Bike and Gim.
- Dumb Muscle: He's pretty strong, but not all that smart, to the point of trying to block attacks with his head.
- HeelFace Turn: Starts off as an agent of N.M.E. but eventually defects to the Star Warriors.
BikeA wheelie serving under Capsule J who was imprisoned by him for interrupting one of his very important meetings. When Leo and co. bust Gim out, he joins the Star Warriors.
RockyA Star Warrior who once served in Sir Kibble's squad. He survived the war against N.M.E. and later encounters Kibble and Simirror while infiltrating an N.M.E. base on Ripple Star.
Bow BoxerA former N.M.E. executive who was unfortunate enough to face the wrath of Lightning Molly. Found by Chilly, after undergoing some conflicting loyalties, she decides to stay sided with the Star Warriors for good.
- Action Girl: Being a strong fighter, she goes into battle quite often.
- The Big Girl: She's incredibly tough, thanks to being genetically enhanced by N.M.E.
- Evil Is Not a Toy: She was among those unlucky enough to experience the wrath of Lightning Molly.
- HeelFace Turn: She starts off as a member of N.M.E, but eventually turns good.
- Lady Looks Like a Dude: Bugzzy assumes she's a guy when he first sees her.
- Those Two Bad Guys: In her earlier appearances, she can usually be seen next to Butterfingers.
SteveA Guardian Dee who ends up defecting and joining Kibble, Simirror and Rocky during their adventure on Ripple Star.
Al and Chlora
Al and ChloraThe son and wife of Bike. They let Leo's crew stay in their home on the Neo Star.
- Happily Married: Chlora and Bike seem pretty happy together.
Poppy Bro Sr.
Poppy Bro SeniorPoppy Jr.'s big brother who was imprisoned by N.M.E. for helping the Star Warriors.
- Cool Big Bro: To Poppy.
NightmareThe leader of N.M.E. Can usually be seen issuing orders to the other N.M.E. members, though "seen" is a pretty strong word, as he never actually appears in-comic.
SimirrorAn ex-Star Warrior who defected and joined N.M.E. He pursues Leo and co. throughout the first three chapters.
- The Atoner: After defecting back to the Star Warriors. He can't undo what he did while he was part of N.M.E., but he's at least trying to make up for them.
- Bash Brothers: He and Kibble make a pretty good team when they're fighting Chameleo Arm.
- Big Bad: For the first three Chapters, as he's the one chasing Leo's crew.
- Breaking the Fourth Wall: Simirror is prone to referencing the fact that they're in a comic.
- The Captain: Was one while he was with the Star Warriors. He managed to keep his rank when he defected to N.M.E.
- Cloudcuckoolander: He can get a little wacky if he doesn't have his coffee.
- The Cracker: Because he was Locked Out of the Loop, Simirror figured out how to hack N.M.E.'s computer system.
- Defector from Decadence: Hearing that Nightmare plans to bring back Lightning Molly ultimately leads to him leave N.M.E.
- Demoted to Dragon: When he goes to Rock Star to continue his pursuit of the Star Warriors, he gets forced by Nightmare to work under Capsule J, who runs a prison camp there.
- Evil Genius: He's both a schemer and a magician.
- FaceHeel Turn: Used to be a Star Warrior until he defected to N.M.E.
- HeelFace Turn: He ultimately turns good after he realizes the only reason why he joined N.M.E. was his pride.
- The Leader: When Leo gets captured by Snowcrimson, Simirror takes temporary leadership of his crew.
- Locked Out of the Loop: Being a former Star Warrior, Nightmare doesn't trust him to know all of N.M.E.'s plans.
- Pet the Dog: Simirror gave a Clark a proper burial after he was killed by Capsule J.
- Terrible Trio: Part of one with Larry and Chameleo Arm.
LarryA green wheelie who acts as Simirror's Number Two.
- The Dragon: As Simirror's assistant, he functions as this.
- Dragon Ascendant: After Simirror's defection from N.M.E. Larry gets promoted to head of the Rock Star prison camp. He later gets put in charge of a factory on Ripple Star.
- Mook Lieutenant: He's not really too different from the other wheelies aside from his green color scheme and the fact that he's ranked above them.
Chameleo ArmA monster serving under Simirror.
Capsule JA robot produced by N.M.E. as part of their Steel Nightmare program. He was ranked as an admiral in the war and was placed in charge of a P.O.W. camp after it ended.
- Bad Boss: He punishes his minions for relatively minor offenses, such as interrupting one of his "very important meetings". He also isn't above making Simirror lick his boots when he gets reassigned under his command.
- Back from the Dead: Clare revives him as Capsule J2 following his death.
- Big Bad: For Chapters 4 to 8, as he is the one heading the Rock Star prison camp.
- Comically Missing the Point: Thinks Kirby's advantage isn't his ability to copy the powers of others, but his ability to suck things up.
- Control Freak: Hates leaving things up to others and would prefer for everything and everyone to be under his direct control.
- Defeat Means Friendship: Gim manages to defeat him, but that doesn't Gim from rekindling his friendship with J once he's locked up.
- Evil Counterpart: To Gim. J was constructed in response to Gim creation. [[spoiler:Gim and J's connection goes even further than that, as J is actually Gim's Evil Former Friend.
- Evil Former Friend: He used to be friends with Gim while they were still Cappys named James and Jason. The two were abducted by N.M.E. and while James was able to escape (albeit at the cost of being heavily injured) Jason stayed and willingly allowed N.M.E. to convert him into Capsule J.
- Insane Admiral: He was ranked as an admiral in the war and he's certainly not all that sane.
- Manipulative Bastard: Led Clare to believe he was interested in her so as to improve her work ethic.
ClareJ's secretary and second-in-command.
The Extractors/Guardian Dees
The Extractors/The Guardian DeesA team of genetically enhanced Waddle Dees (and one Bonkers) who act as DNA extractors for N.M.E.
ButterfingersOne of N.M.E.'s top executives and scientists. He is the creator of the Bronto Burts and controls N.M.E.'s portal network.
- Blood Knight: He comments that fighting Bugzzy was the most fun he'd had in a while.
- Breaking Speech: Attempts to break Bugzzy by telling him he's expendable, but Bugzzy rebuffs him with a Shut Up, Hannibal! speech.
- Evil Cannot Comprehend Good: He assumes that the Star Warriors view Bugzzy as expendable, and doesn't seem to understand that the Star Warriors are all True Companions.
- Evil Counterpart: To Bugzzy, both being users of the Suplex ability.
- Evil Genius: He's a scientist responsible for the creation of many of N.M.E.'s monsters.
- Evil Is Not a Toy: Waking up Molly was not a good idea...
- Genius Bruiser: He's one of N.M.E.'s top scientists, and he can go toe-to-toe with Bugzzy.
- Mad Scientist: He's a scientist, and he works for N.M.E.
- Those Two Bad Guys: While Bow Boxer was still a member of N.M.E. Butterfingers could usually be seen standing next to her.
Lightning MollyAn extremely powerful monster who posed as a Star Warrior and Burning Leo's lover before defecting to N.M.E. on their wedding day. Her DNA was later used to create the Plasma Wisps, draining her as a result. Eventually though, N.M.E. gathered up the Wisps so they could use them to revive Molly.
- Bitch in Sheep's Clothing: Pretending to be a Star Warrior and Leo's Love Interest when in fact she was one of N.M.E.'s strongest monsters.
- The Brute: She's incredibly strong, and functions as the powerhouse of N.M.E.
- Demoted to Dragon: [[spoiler:Despite her best efforts, she was unable to overpower Snowcrimson and thus was forced to work under him.
- Dragon-in-Chief: She's nominally under Biospark, but the ninja is afraid of upsetting her and it's made pretty clear that she's the real threat.
- The Dreaded: She's feared by both her enemies and her allies.
- Person of Mass Destruction: Simirror doesn't believe
- Shock and Awe: All of her attacks are lightning based.
BiosparkA ninja of significant rank within N.M.E to be assigned the task of re-energizing Molly.
- Big Bad: Of Chapters 11 to 16, though Lightning Molly is the more physical threat, and Biospark is incredibly afraid of upsetting her.
- The Dragon: When Snowcrimson takes command, Biospark becomes the one who deviates his orders to the others.
- Evil Cannot Comprehend Good: Like Butterfingers, he doesn't realize The Power of Friendship.
- Ninja: He is one, though he doesn't do a lot of ninja-y stuff.
- A Twinkle in the Sky: Becomes one after Steve sends him flying.
- What Happened to the Mouse?: We never find out what happens to him after Steve makes him A Twinkle in the Sky.
- What Measure Is a Mook?: He was perfectly fine with sacrificing the Plasma Wisps to revive Lightning Molly.
Fire LionA series of massed produced monsters. Gim and Bike are made to fight one in Rock Star's arena.
- Playing with Fire: What else would you expect from Fire Lion?
Phan PhanAn elephant monster who created to counter Kirby by also having the power to suck things up.
- Evil Counterpart: Was created by Capsule J to counter Kirby.
Mr. Frosty and Poppy Bro Sr.
Mr. Frosty and Poppy Bro Sr.Two monsters created from the DNA of Chilly and Poppy Bro Jr.
- Evil Twin: To Chilly and Poppy respectively. They were both created from their DNA samples.
SnowcrimsonChilly's Evil Twin, created by 02. His design was ripped off and used by Nightmare to create Chilly. He reeeeally wants revenge on Nightmare as a result.
- Arch-Enemy: To Chilly. Snowcrimson views Chilly as an inferior rip-off and seeks to destroy him to prove the superiority of 02.
- Asskicking Equals Authority: He's stronger than Lighting Molly, Biospark and Butterfingers and as a result all three follow his commands.
- Ax-Crazy: He's clearly not very well in the head.
- Big Bad: From Chapter 17 up until the end.
- The Dragon: To 02. 02 refers to him as his apprentice.
- Dragon-in-Chief: Since 02 can't leave his planet's atmosphere, Snowcrimson is the one who has to carry out his plan.
- Evil Cannot Comprehend Good: 02 taught him that friendship was a weakness.
- Evil Twin: Of Chilly. Chilly was created based upon blueprints of Snowcrimson's design and Snowcrimson has a lot of hatred for Chilly as a result.
- Hoist by His Own Petard: Probably wasn't a good idea to design your base like a snow globe Snowcrimson.
- The Starscream: In addition to hating Chilly, Snowcrimson has a huge grudge against Nightmare for ripping off his design.
- Walking Spoiler: His existence partially spoils Chilly's past.
- Weaksauce Weakness: While he is by far one of N.M.E.'s most powerful monsters, unlike Chilly, he doesn't have a S.P.I.F. All it takes is for Chilly to destroy his base's cooling system for him to be down.
Nothing Twice / 02Nightmare's partner. 02 supplies Nightmare and N.M.E. with the Red Solution they use in their monsters. He hides his identity behind the name "Nothing Twice". He is also the creator of Snowcrimson.
- Ax-Crazy: "Blood, blood, blood, blood, blood, blood, blood, blood, blood..."
- Big Bad Duumvirate: He's in an alliance with Nightmare to conquer the universe.
- Greater-Scope Villain: 02 is partially responsible for the creation of almost all of Nightmare's monsters. He can't leave his planet however, and thus relies on Snowcrimson to complete his plans.
- The Master: Snowcrimson refers to him as "Master 02".
- The Voiceless: Never actually speaks in person. The closest we get to seeing him say something is when Simirror looks through his files.
- Walking Spoiler: As the creator of Snowcrimson, 02 is also this.
- What Happened to the Mouse?: It's unknown if he survived after Chilly used the Star Rod to knock him back through the portal. Leo speculates that at least, he'd probably be too injured to produce Red Solution.