Cupid's Chocolates is a heavily Animesque Chinese animated series about the life of a college student named Jiang Haoyi, whose life starts to turn upside-down when three female students from his university, Xia Zitong, Tang Xuan, and Ling Yuan, start to claim they are his girlfriend, causing plenty of tension between the three. He finds out that this is because he ate the Cupid's Chocolate, a chocolate cake which gives whoever eats it false memories of love. To reverse the effects of having eaten the Cupid's Chocolate, Haoyi must do what each of the girls want him to do for them.
Has a webcomic adaptation called Cupid's Chocolate-ing.
Cupid's Chocolates provides examples of:
- Alliterative Title: The title Cupid's Chocolates repeats the letter "C".
- Animesque: The art style is practically indistinguishable from actual anime. You'd easily be forgiven for thinking it's from Japan when it's actually from China.
- Chocolate of Romance: The Cupid's Chocolate has this motif going for it, of course.
- Driven to Suicide: Haoyi nearly jumps off of a building to get away from the girls who are bothering him. A love god appears and stops time for him before he hits the ground too hard, though.
- Fake Memories: Eating the Cupid's Chocolate causes any girl who did so to develop false memories of being in love with any boy who ate it. This includes false memories of being pregnant and having children.
- Impossibly-Low Neckline: Xia Zitong wears a dress with a pretty low neckline.
- Instrumental Theme Tune: The theme song does not contain any vocals.
- Ordinary High-School Student: Haoyi is an ordinary college student... until he ends up with the love curse from eating the Cupid's Chocolate and has to deal with a few girls constantly obsessing over him.
- Pink Means Feminine: Xia Zitong wears pink clothes.
- Unwanted Harem: Haoyi develops one when he eats the Cupid's Chocolate.