A webcomic based on the Chinese cartoon Cupid's Chocolates.
High schooler Haoyi Jiang, who normally prefers to stay out of trouble, suddenly finds himself with an Unwanted Harem after unknowingly serving magically enchanted chocolate cake to a club room full of girls, which creates loving memories for them... which, of course, are all mutually exclusive fantasies, making them all feel cheated. Apprentice cupid Tata Mei joins to help him understand what happened, and how to undo the magic.
The English version of Cupid's Chocolate-ing updates every Sunday on Tapas Media, with 32 pages available for free.
Cupid's Chocolate-ing contains examples of:
- Adults Are Useless: Downplayed; Haoyi's parents are seldom present, so he deals with most matters by himself, with the occasional favor from an actual adult or stay at Ms. Ji's apartment.
- Alliterative Title: Much like the TV show which it's based on. Cupid's Chocolate-ing repeats the letter "C".
- Always Identical Twins: Yuanyuan and Taotao, though these characters are fairly minor and rarely appear.
- Curse Escape Clause: Each girl affected by the cake has a covenant: a wish, cryptically incorporated into the false memories, that will reverse the effects of the cake if effected. Much of the story revolves around Haoyi trying to determine and fulfill these.
- Invisible Parents: Played for Drama; Haoyi's parents were so seldom there for him that he almost got kidnapped from his own home.
- Irrational Hatred: Dongyun, Xueli's mother, has nothing but contempt for Haoyi despite him being respectful to her. She does everything in her power to keep Haoyi and Xueli separated, though Xueli always manages to escape. It's shown that she once dated Haoyi's father in the past but he broke up with her after being pressured by his parents and because of it she takes out her grievances on the poor boy. Subverted with her husband Ouyang, who treats Haoyi far better than she does.
- No Ontological Inertia: When Yuan Lin's covenant is fulfilled, Xiaohong and Xiaoming, the two children created when her covenant was activated, completely disappear along with the image of them in the photo. All that remains is their sketchbook and Xiaohong's school uniform tie.
- Played for Laughs during Xuan Tang's arc: when the magic that gave Xuan and Haoyi new clothes wears off, they suddenly find themselves naked in the dressing room.
- Patient Childhood Love Interest: Xueli Ouyang, Haoyi's next-door neighbor who he would play with when his parents weren't around.
- Tomboy with a Girly Streak: Xuan Tang is competitive and feminist, but also likes to dress up as a maid in cosplay competitions.
- Tsundere: Xueli in the backstory only ever liked Haoyi, but was so afraid of what he would think that she would always back away.
- Winged Humanoid: Tata Mei has wings.
- Yandere: Xueli in the main story, even Lampshaded by Ms. Ji. For example:
- Blowing up 2 classrooms to get expelled so she can go to Haoyi's school.
- Locking him in his room on a day that he has a date.
- Beating up 3 other girls for mere discussion of asking him out.
- You Gotta Have Blue Hair: Pink hair for Zitong Xia and Tata Mei, very light blue hair for Yuan Lin, and rainbow hair for Sandy.