We here at TV Tropes like to sort things, and it's not just because we have Super OCD. It's because we like our articles to be easy-to-read and easy to navigate. Thus, when writing articles, it's considered good form to sort the examples given for a particular trope into media categories.
When a trope launches without a lot of examples, it may not get sorted right away. However, tropes grow, and when they do, a previously not-all-that-problematic block of examples can turn into an enormous thread mush of video games, TV shows, movies, commercials, Earthbound sprite comics that tanked after 7 strips, and what have you. These articles have reached that state.
If you have some spare time and feel like doing a good deed, please go to these pages and sort their examples. There are 4 ways this is usually done. You can enter the media categories using the small caps font [[AC: (text)]], use !!Headings, make a new subpage, or you can create folders for the categories.
Simply cut and paste examples into their proper categories, and then cut out those category links with no examples. It keeps things looking tidy. If you can't do them all, even partial sorting is a start.
A note on headers: Folder titles no longer produce Wiki Words, even if they're used. Wiki Words in small caps headers are OK.
And, of course, if you find a completely or partially unsorted page, add it and its subpages!
Note: Please don't remove an article from this list until it has been completely sorted. Every example needs to be in its category. If it is completely sorted, please remove it from the list. Thanks!
Music Tropes (sort by genre):
- Boléro Effect
- Last Chorus Slow-Down
- Lyrical Shoehorn
- Playground Song
- Robot or Spaceman Alter Ego
- Stuffy Old Songs About the Buttocks
- Surreal Music Video
Useful Notes pages without examples:
- John Kerry: Needs examples of his appearances in media.
Sort by Genre (videogames):
- Advanced Movement Technique Just the "Unsorted" folder
- After Boss Recovery
- Character Select Forcing
- Dead Character Walking: Needs to be sorted by media
- Death Is Not Permanent
- Difficulty by Acceleration
- Double Unlock
- Easier Than Easy: Just the "Unsorted" folder
- Easy Exp
- Enemy Chatter Just the "Unsorted" folder
- Escort Mission: Just the "Unsorted" folder
- Every 10,000 Points: Just the "Unsorted" section and perhaps the non-video game examples
- Exploding Barrels: Sorted, but genres could use a double-check
- Fan Remake: Sort by categories of enhancements working from the original engine and assets, engine recreations using the original assets and complete remakes like Black Mesa/DFMod/Starry Expanse?
- Fight Like a Card Player
- First-Person Ghost: The "other" folders in both the Examples and Exceptions sections.
- Flip-Screen Scrolling
- Gameplay Ally Immortality
- Gameplay Derailment
- Heart Container: Unsorted/other folder
- Hearts Are Health
- Hit the Ground Harder
- Idiosyncratic Combo Levels
- Improbable Accessory Effect
- Instant Gravestone
- Interchangeable Antimatter Keys
- Invisible Wall
- Invulnerable Civilians
- Irrelevant Sidequest
- JerkWithAHeartOfGold.Video Games Getting long enough to benefit from genre folders
- Last Chance Hit Point
- License-Added Game
- Life Meter
- Marathon Boss
- Mascot with Attitude: Mostly sorted into genre folders and alphabetical order. Might need one or two touch ups.
- Mercy Rewarded
- Misaimed "Realism"
- My Rules Are Not Your Rules
- No Canon for the Wicked
- No Cutscene Inventory Inertia
- No Fair Cheating
- NoGoodDeedGoesUnpunished.Video Games
- Non-Entity General
- Non-Lethal Bottomless Pits
- Perpetual Beta: Just the "other" folder
- Pinball Scoring
- Player and Protagonist Integration
- Player-Guided Missile
- Port Town
- Post-Final Boss
- Post-Processing Video Effects
- Protection Mission
- Punch-Packing Pistol
- Purposely Overpowered
- Puzzle Boss: Everything sorted into genre folders and alphabetical order. Only thing needed is for someone to double check the genres.
- Random Drop Booster
- Random Event
- Randomly Generated Levels
- Rare Candy
- Rat Stomp
- Real Money Trade
- Real-Time Weapon Change
- Real-Time with Pause
- Recurring Location
- Refining Resources
- Respawn on the Spot
- Rewarding Inactivity
- Ring Menu
- Roaming Enemy: Needs to be sorted by media.
- Savage Setpiece
- Save-Game Limits: Needs to be sorted by media.
- Scratch Damage
- Secret A.I. Moves
- Selective Condemnation
- Set a Mook to Kill a Mook: Just the "unsorted" folder
- Sidetracked by the Gold Saucer
- Smart Bomb
- Solo Class
- Songs in the Key of Panic
- Sound of No Damage
- Star-Shaped Coupon
- Story Breadcrumbs: "Other" folder
- Video Game Remake: Only the "Unsorted" folder needs some work; the rest is done.
Sort by Media:
- Suppressed Mammaries: Real Life folder has some work-related examples that need sorting.