Cobra Mission: Panic in Cobra City
was an MS-DOS computer game published in 1992 in North America by the now defunct company Megatech Software. This was the first hentai game released in English and proved to be very popular.
On a small island off the coast of Florida, a private detective named (by default) J.R. arrives at the request of his friend, Faythe Watson. After a run-in with some local punks that exhausts his ammo, J.R. learns why he was called in: local girls have started to disappear, among them Faythe's friend Donna. J.R. and Faythe set out to investigate, and ultimately learn that it's the work of the crimelord known only as Kaiser. (The player can rename J.R., Faythe, and - surprisingly - Kaiser.)Needs Wiki Magic Love
This Video Game contains examples of:
- Arrogant Kung-Fu Guy: Tacker, the first boss. Also runs a white slave ring.
- Awesome but Temporary: J.R.'s .44 Magnum. He apparently brought the exact number of bullets needed to make it through the first battle, after which he runs out, requiring him to find a new weapon for later battles. It's possible to get more bullets, but not until halfway through the game, and even then only in a rather limited supply.
- BDSM: The House of Leather and Chains.
- Combat Sadomasochist: One miniboss in the House of Leather and Chains won't attack you at all - she's a masochist and will just let you beat her down.
- Copy Protection: The game asks for codes, taken from a grid, just before each boss battle. Someone on Scribd has published the full list for those using emulators.
- Distressed Damsel: Several of them, but the one driving the impetus of the game is Faythe's friend Donna.
- Luck-Based Mission: If the game isn't in the mood to pity you, you'll have to do dozens of deliveries before the event with T. Winter triggers.
- Optional Sexual Encounter: The reason this is a hentai game.
- Otaku: A perverted one in Central Cobra who trades you nude photos (of women, not himself, thank God!) in exchange for women's underwear.