open/close all folders
Miles "Tails" Prower
- Butt Monkey: Tails can't catch a break. He's mocked to tears by trolls in the beginning, has his ass kicked by Alex, and his best friend Sonic dies.
- Heterosexual Life-Partners: As in the games, he's best pals with Sonic the Hedgehog.
- Horrible Judge of Character: The Defenders are evil, and he fails to connect the number of unstable characters and the fact that they kidnapped him and are involved in a number of duplicitous scams with their evilness.
- Instant Expert: What makes him the chosen one is his ability to learn new abilities incredibly quickly.
- Tag Along Kid: During the opening chapters he serves mostly as the sidekick to other characters like Sonic and Shadow.
- The Slacker: While he learns new skills quickly, anything that he doesn't understand quickly soon bores him, leaving his training scattershot and uneven.
- The Chosen One: He's the fabled warrior Pac Man saw in his dream, the only one capable of defeating the Troll King.
- The Hero: Obviously.
Sonic the Hedgehog
- Actual Pacifist: The only one in the comic who seems to think using violence against the Trolls is overreacting. Right up until they say his girlfriend has a penis and is a slut.
- Berserk Button: Insulting his girlfriend, usually by saying she Really Gets Around. although this turns out to be REALLY justified, as being repeatedly raped has caused her to have serious hangups about sex.
- Beware the Nice Ones: Is fairly easygoing and makes an effort to befriend the trolls, but is prone to brutally murdering those who oppose him when he gives in to his rage
- Breaking the Fourth Wall: "Sorry Tails if this looks Gay to the viewers"
- Have I Mentioned I Am Heterosexual Today??: At first Sonic uses the "I have a girlfriend" variant as a weak comeback to being called a faggot by the Trolls but then keeps up bringing up his girlfriend and heterosexuality up randomly throughout the comic... even to the readers of the comic.Sonic: I'm so mad. I'm gonna have sex with my girlfriend so I won't be so mad.
- As it turns out, he actually isn't lying about having a girlfriend. However, we don't learn this until after Sonic is killed.
- Killed Off for Real: By the Troll King in one hell of a one sided fist fight
- Roaring Rampage of Revenge: Goes on one after Alex. The Troll King is able to put it to a screeching halt.
- Spanner in the Works: His overall contribution to the plot directly is pretty small, but his murder of Eggman actually damages the troll's plans so severely that its effects are still felt 10 chapters later.
- Sacrificial Lion: Sonic makes attempts to be the moral center of the story. And then he tried to fight the Troll King
- Superpowered Evil Side: Evil Sonic is more than willing to kill trolls and seems to have around the same power as Super Sonic.
- The Worf Effect: Sonic is unceremoniously killed off by the Troll King in order to establish how much of a threat he is.
- Wrong Genre Savvy: Sonic seems to think he's in a Saturday Morning Cartoon. He couldn't be more wrong.
- Comforting the Widow: Attempts to do this to Amy, following the death of Sonic. Shadow is quick to call him out on it.
- Heterosexual Life-Partners: With Shadow but this seems to be waning since Knuckles stupidity keeps getting in Shadows way.
- Genius Ditz: Despite his questionable mental facilities, he does use the Smart Weed to find a troll base.
- The Stoner: He smokes more weed than anyone else in the cast, except possibly Cheeto Man. He even stumbled into a troll camp while already high as a kite and proceeded to get even more baked with the trolls.
- What the Hell, Hero?: Gives one to Shadow after he slaughters an entire village of innocent civilians under the presumption that they are trolls.
The Troll Slaiyers
Shadow the Hedgehog/The Awesome
- Anti-Hero: Type IV. Shadow does seem to care for his friends, but he believes that the only way to deal with trolls is to brutally murder them, and he relishes in doing so. After the failure of his fucking awesome plan, along with the betrayal of Mario, he becomes a type V.
- Blood Knight: Absolutely revels in the deaths of trolls. "It's all cool man. I know all about the taste for blood."
- Defector from Decadence: Was originally a troll up until he found out how much he "trully" hated them.
- Even Evil Has Standards: While not exactly evil, he is one hell of an asshole. Still when Knuckles talks about hitting on Amy after Sonic dies, he calls Knuckles out on being such a jerk.
- General Ripper: Big time.
- Kick the Dog: Slaughters an entire village of innocent trolls in a fit of rage.
- Even worse, it turns out it wasn't even a troll village.
- Earlier than that there's his brutal murder of Daffy and Bugs. Even Alex calls him out on it
- Hair-Trigger Temper: His reaction to Bugs foiling his plan after murdering Daffy, is to continuously shoot him in the head so much that his brain starts spilling out. Shadow only stops when Mario steps in.
- Knife Nut: One of his preferred methods of dealing with trolls involves slaughtering them with a knife.
- Knight Templar: Goes way too far in the name of troll killing as the comic goes on.
- Nominal Hero: Shadow's not necessarily the nicest guy, but since he hates the trolls, he's considered a good guy. But after the failure of his fucking awesome plan, along with characters like Silver and Tails getting a more direct role in the story, we start to root for Shadow a bit less due to his increasingly brutal actions.
- Pay Evil unto Evil: His whole gimmick.
- Pet the Dog: Despite being a violent, amoral, ill tempered asshole, Shadow does seem to care for his friends, and according to him, his entire motivation for killing Mario and the trolls stems from a desire to avenge his fallen friends.
- Revenge Before Reason: After the death of Sonic, along with Mario's betrayal, Shadow has become so hellbent on destroying the trolls and Mario that he's resorted to multiple irrational actions such as slaughtering an entire village under the suspicion that it's citizens are trolls,
Mario/The Fire Power
- Anti-Villain: he betrayed The Troll Slaiyers and killed his parents, but it's hard not to feel a little bad for him given his childhood.
- Boomerang Bigot: Has spent years fighting trolls, and is the son of one.
- Et Tu, Brute??: His betrayal and infiltration of the Troll Slaiyers is what destroys them
- Freudian Excuse: He's obsessed with killing the trolls because his parents trolled him.
- I Let You Win: He allows Luigi to beat him in a staged fight in order to have him infiltrate the trolls.
- Manly Tears: Sheds them when he realizes that his plan at revenge has led to the death of his brother.
- Not So Different: Despite coming into conflict with Shadow both of them are very similar. They both are willing to go to extreme lengths to reach their goals, are both motivated by revenge, and both create plans that ultimately lead to hurting those they care about.
- Playing Both Sides: He helps fire up the conflict between the Troll Slayers and the Trolls in order to get Luigi to infiltrate the Trolls and help him get revenge on them.
- PowerUp: Uses all of them from the games as different fighting forms.
- The Lancer: To Shadow before he betrays the group
- The Unfettered: Mario will do anything to get a chance to kill the Troll King, even if it involves sacrificing the lives of innocents.
Hulk/ The Power
- Badass Bookworm: Likes to read whenever he thinks, a nod towards his Bruce Banner side.
- Cast Filler: The only reason he talks at all is so he doesn't just sit around and do nothing.
- Mr. Exposition: About half of his panel time is devoted to explaining Shadow's awesome fucking plan.
- Nerd Glasses: Puts on a pair when reading and correcting the Troll Slaiyers newest plan.
- The Big Guy: When he's not dropping plot points, he's throwing giant rocks at people and trying to intimidate others.
Temo/ The Bastard
- Eyes Always Shut: The only time he opens them is when he's about to die.
- Killed Off for Real: Dies thanks to Knuckles' retarded plan.
- Not Quite Dead: Chapter 15 reveals that he's still alive, and has rejoined the Troll Slaiyers.
- Informed Ability: Is called "The bastard" by Shadow even though he isn't especially evil compared to the other Troll Slaiyers. he later gets his designation changed to "the annoying guy", which he loves.
Rob/ The Guy With No Ears
- Beware the Silly Ones: Much to Alex and his Troll army's amazement he's Dragonborn and more than enough of match for them
- Hidden Depths: He's Dragonborn.
- I Can't Hear You: He mentions when he appears he can't be trolled because he can't hear the troll comments. Because of this, however, he can't hear the rest of the team whenever they talk, yelling "WHAT?" constantly.
- Make Me Wanna Shout: Comes with being Dragonborn of course.
Luigi/ The Sissy
- Big Brother Worship: Later revealed by Mario that Luigi only went with the plan to do a Face–Heel Turn because he wanted his brother to have his moment of revenge.
- Cain and Abel: It seems at first that Luigi betrays the Troll-Slayers out of jealously over his brother getting all the credit, but it turns out that it was all part of Mario's plan
- Face–Heel Turn: This is what it seems like at first...
- Fake Defector: Granted his loyalty isn't to the Troll Slayers but to his brother.
- Killed Off for Real
- Power-Up: Can use different suits during fights similar to his brother.
Bugs/ The Gay
- Ambiguously Gay: He is called "The Gay" for a reason.
- Not ambiguous at all after his relationship with Daffy is revealed
- Bury Your Gays: Daffy and him are both killed off brutally
- Becoming the Mask: In his own words "when I was acting gay I actually became gay with Daffy"
- Killed Off for Real
- Sacrificial Lamb He's the first Troll Slayer to die and his death (along with Daffy's) is the first major one in the story.
Silver the Hedgehog/ The Money Guy
- Band of Brothers: Refuses to abandon any of his team mates post Fucking Awesome Plan and left the Troll Slaiyers because of Shadow treated his fellow team mates
- Belligerent Sexual Tension: With Blaze.
- Can't Spit It Out: He just can't seem to tell how Blaze how he feels about her.
- Character Development: He starts out as just another victim of the trolls, and is treated rather poorly by Shadow. However after the total failure of the fucking awesome plan, he recruits Rob and Elmer, and proves to be a much more competent leader than Shadow.
- The Smart Guy: Different than Shadow in that he actually tries to get any information about the trolls rather than just rush in.
- Tempting Fate:ahh everything is great today nothing can mess this up
The Troll King
- All Trolls Are Different: A literal Troll.
- Anti-Villain: Yeah, he's the king of the trolls, bothering everyone and killing Sonic, but that's only because mankind started it. He also seems to genuinely love his family.
- Brown Note: The Ten Deadly Troll Words, which cause whoever hears them to lose all function in a vital part of their body, and as such are pretty much a One-Hit Kill. So far we know of "Cu***nt," which shuts down the brain, and "Ni**er," which shuts down the eyes. As the Troll King is always hesitant to use them, it appears each one can be used only once.
- Big Bad: Of the story.
- Evil Is One Big, Happy Family: Actually seems to care for and respect the higher ranked trolls under his command.
- Genius Bruiser: He knows the extent of his own power, and can quickly figure out what his opponents were doing. The only time he had major injuries on him was when it was completely unexpected.
- Happily Married: Surprisingly so. In his past story, he found a women that he fell in love with, and together they had their son, Troll Face.
- Story-Breaker Power: His ability to use the seven deadly troll words puts him head and shoulders above the rest of the characters in the series combat wise, and is able to turn practically any fight in his favor if he starts to lose.
- I Love the Dead: Troll Face has a penchant for taking dead bodies and defiling them. Thus far he's done it to both Sonic and Luigi.
- Laughably Evil: True, he lacks any humanizing qualities. And true, he gets a sick kick out of rape and necrophilia. However, Troll Face is so ridiculously depraved and malicious, that it's hard not to laugh at some of his dialogue.
- Non-Action Guy: Thus far, he's the only one of the major trolls to not get into any skirmishes with the heroes.
- Pimped-Out Cape: Puts one on during when's back at home, along with a bunch of other princely attire.
- The Dark Chick: Troll Face is arguably the most openly malicious and depraved member of the Trolls. Even Alex is weary of him.
- Write What You Know: According to Lazerbot, the character of Troll Face was inspired by some rather depraved individuals he met online.
- Villain with Good Publicity: He's so popular, his face has become the symbol of Trolling itself and most trolls in Troll City own something with his face plastered on it.
Alex, The Emo Troll
- Badass Normal: Despite not having any apparent superpowers, he's one of the strongest characters in the story, and can more than hold his own against the heroes in hand to hand combat.
- Establishing Character Moment: The first time we meet him, he explains to Silver why he's useless, establishing his personality and preferred M.O. of trolling.
- Emo Teen: His appearance is the literal stereotype of this trope.
- Even Evil Has Standards: Despite being a gigantic Jerk Ass, he calls out Shadow when He murders a fellow Troll Slayer, saying that he's even more fucked up than the trolls are. He later expresses disgust over the fact that Troll Face kept Luigi's corpse as a sex toy.
- Hannibal Lecture: Unlike most trolls, his trolling involves more then calling someone a faggot and revolves around going into detail on how his victim is waste of space and how meaningless their lives are.
- Kick the Dog: Ordering Garry to rip out Vector's eye for no reason has to qualify.
- Smoking Is Cool: Often seen with his signature cigarette.
- The Dragon: While it isn't fully clear how high up he is in the chain of command, he's the troll that's out on the front lines the most and is usually the one leading groups of them. However, it's revealed that he seeks to take one of the Troll King's seven deadly words for himself.
- Worthy Opponent: Surprisingly thinks Rob, the Guy With No Ears is this.
- Weak, but Skilled: He's not as physically imposing as some of his comrades, and lacks any of the special abilities that the heroes have, but his style of trolling is extremely effective, and he's always out on the front lines, leading the trolls.
Hindo, The Lighting Troll
- Affably Evil: Oddly enough, given that he's a troll. He seems to more of a fan of subtle, backhanded compliments then outright insults.
- Astonishingly Appropriate Appearance: His hair and beard look exactly like lighting.
- Shock and Awe: Has lighting based attacks and can travel through telephone wires.
- The Dragon: According to Lazerbot, he is.
- A Day in the Limelight: Has a filler chapter focused on him called "The Adventures of Underbite Troll".
- Affably Evil: Despite being a troll, he doesn't seem so bad, possibly showing that not all trolls are evil.
- Defeat Means Friendship: After Silver beats him in a troll off, he's more than happy to help him out in his time of need.
- Friendly Enemy: To Silver.
- Groin Attack: To Fat Troll in the filler.
- Killed Off for Real
- The Rival: To Fat and Blonde troll apparently.
- Ax-Crazy: At first he just seems to be sadistic, a trait shared by every other troll, however he really starts to show how unhinged he is during his fight with his brother
- A God Am I: Declares that he is "part god" during his fight with Demaro
- Cluster F-Bomb: He probably has the dirtiest mouth of any of the trolls.
- Deader Than Dead: After getting killed by the satanic monster, Garry's ghost ends up getting devoured by it.
- Dishing Out Dirt: It turns out he's an earthbender.
- Facial Horror: Prior to the start of the story, his brother Demaro severely scarred half of his face, forcing him to encase it in metal. And during chapter 4, the other half of his face is severely burned to the point that he needs to wear a mask that fully hides his face.
- Jerk Ass
- Killed Off for Real
- Laughably Evil
- The Brute: Is this to the trolls.
- No Name Given: Prior to chapter 10, the fanbase referred to him by Alex's nickname: "Tall Motherfucker."
- One-Winged Angel: His Magma Armor
- Mentors: The majority of them teach Tails how to fight. The exceptions are Doug and Skeeter, who he already seems to have passed.
- Older and Wiser: Most of them see themselves to be this towards Tails, especially ones that were victim to the trolls. Kermit himself tries to show Tails the importance of patience, when everyone else teaches him combat skills.
- Unexpected Character: Who seriously thought this comic would have Doug Funnie, the Trix Rabbit, Hello Kitty, Kermit the Frog, Batman, and Pac-Man in it?
- Bed Trick: He mistakes Skeeter for Hello Kitty and tried to bed him, apparently in denial of his own homosexuality.
- Overshadowed by Awesome: Apparently, Tails was already stronger than him and Skeeter before his training even started.
- The Friend Nobody Likes: The Defenders continue to keep him around, despite all of their continual annoyance at him and hihs constant inability to succeed.
- Revenge: His motivation for joining the Defenders is because his dog Porkchop was gangbanged to death by trolls.
- Overshadowed by Awesome: Same as Doug.
- Dude, Where's My Respect?: Word of God confirms that he didn't want to train Tails due to a lack of trust and respect.
- Funny Schizophrenia: His craziness is portrayed as him constantly arguing with himself.
- Fortune Teller: His role in the group. However, he can only give general directions.
- Cool Teacher: Gets along with Tails pretty well, and shows him hand-to-hand combat, something that Tails wanted to do for the whole itme.
- Evil Former Friend: Who knew that Alfred was a troll this entire time?
Cheeto Man (Chester Cheetah)
- Berserk Button: He will have you killed for sleeping with Hello Kitty.
- Beware the Silly Ones
- Devil's Advocate: He allows Doug into his weed party because it's not his room he'll fuck up.
- Energy Ball: His move he teaches to Tails is the Cheeto Ball, letting one form a Puffy Cheeto of energy in their hand.
- Jive Turkey: Suddenly starts talking like this right around the start of the weed party.
- The Stoner: The only character who smokes more than Knuckles, and is his dealer. Or rather, he makes Knuckles sell drugs for him.
- Walking Spoiler: He's secretly got the Defenders in his pocket, controlling them all via blackmail, bar the odd Psycho for Hire. Also, it's all a part of his prostitution and drug rings, which are said to be massive.
- Off Model: Inverted, he's the only character that's on-model with his series of origin.
- Berserk Button: Being called crazy is one for him.
- The Dragon: Knuckles confirms he's this to Cheeto Man.
- And Now You Must Marry Me: She's Cheeto Man's unwilling wife.
- Crazy Jealous Girl: For Tails concerning Amy.
- Deflector Shields: Teaches Tails how to make a shield made out of energy, but also sports a massive flower energy shield herself. Notable in that the shield offers only a little bit of protection.
Kermit the Frog
- Boring, but Practical: Tries to explain to Tails that is extremely important to have patience, and that he'll need to grow up at some point.
- Heel–Face Turn: Was once a troll himself, to the point he messed up Ms. Piggy's mind badly. Pac-Man has since helped him return back to normal.
- The Atoner: Joined the Defenders out of guilt over trolling Ms. Piggy into insanity.
- Wallof Text: Invoked here.◊ This actually makes sense, since he's trying to teach Tails patience, which he lacks.
Spyro the Dragon
- Crazy Awesome: How he considers himself.Spyro: Come on Tails we shall go outside to fly where we will ride to the ends of the earth and what I say doesn't have to make sense, that's just how fucking awesome I am.
- Flight: This is mainly what his training is about.
- Lovable Sex Maniac: If his sex with Jesse is any indication of this.
Vivian (From Paper Mario)
- Continuity Nod: In a way, when she asks the troll spy about Mario and Luigi.
- Forgetful Jones: Most of his training consists of leaving Tails with a reflex trainer, going to get a Hot Pocket, then forgetting about Tails and taking a nap.
- Sink-or-Swim Mentor: When tails complains that Woodstock is a bad teacher, Woodstock responds by shooting at Tails. When Tails dodges, Woodstock says he passes.Tails: hey guns aren't toys you could have really hurt me with that thingWoodstock: it's a bb gun dumb ass. so it really is a toy after all.
- Super Reflexes: What Woodstock has Tails working on.
- Blessed with Suck: He was able to have dreams at a young age about future events, even seeing that his own village would be destroyed. Sadly, there isn't anything he can do to stop it, and even after traveling the world searching for Dragonballs, it just confirms further that there isn't anything he can do about it. Subverted in that it at least shows him the one who can defeat the Troll King.
- The Leader: Type I mostly, and possibly Type II. He's actually a weak Type IV at best, a mere figurehead and puppet of Cheeto Man.
- Verbal Tic: Wakka.
Wile E. Coyote
- Adaptational Badass: This incarnation of Wile E. is a lot more efficient than the one in the cartoons, and is one of the strongest characters in the story.
- Hidden Depths: Is different than the other neutrals in that he figured out how to control his power quickly.
- Just Toying with Them: He prolongs his fight with Demaro just so he can see what he'll do.
- Smug Snake: Despite his claims of constant neutral emotion, he has an air of undeniable smugness most of the time.
- The Stoic: Unlike his fellow Neutrals, his facial expressions never change.
- Cast From Life Span: Because he didn't use his powers too much when he received them, his life span was shortened.
- Compensating for Something: He's very liable to use sexual euphemisms while talking about his guns.
- The Ditz: He is one of the dumbest characters in this comic.
- Dumbass No More: After puppeteering Dr. Eggman, his intelligence increases to an even greater level than Eggman himself.
- Pre Ass Kicking One Liner: Surprisingly has quite a few. The below is one that's mixed with a Crowning Moment of Funny.Fudd: Here take the power of my 2nd cock.
- Smoke Out: He has smoke bullets to make a quick escape when needed.
- Those Two Guys: With Rob. Formerly with Tom.
- Killed Off for Real: courtesy of Troll Face.
- Small Role, Big Impact: He does surprisingly little in the present day of the comic, but his original catching of Tweety Bird kickstarts the creation of the Neutrals, Porky's suicide and the ability of the characters to have any ability to fight against the trolls at all.
- Taking the Bullet: Gives up his life to save Tom.
- Vitriolic Best Buds: With Tom.
- Cast From Life Span: Because he wasn't able to handle his emotions during the 24 hour period, his life span shortened.
- Vitriolic Best Buds: With Sylvester.
- Butt Monkey
- Extreme Doormat: He's too spineless to really say no to anything. He is coerced into being the driver for his alcoholic "friends", then is easily persuaded into drinking anyway, then can't stutter out a refusal to sex with a random stranger, which leads to his marriage falling apart.
- Driven to Suicide: No less after seeing both his wife and child killed by a bullet.
- Dark is Evil
- Red Eyes, Take Warning
- Unknown Rival: Views Will E. Coyote as the ultimate obstacle he must defeat. The latter is unaware of Demaro's existence until they cross paths.
- Villainous Breakdown: The smug, cool demeanor disposition of his starts to crumble during his fight with Garry. He gets even worse during his fight with Wile E. Coyote, and at this point, seems to be functioning on nothing but rage against Coyote.
- Chekhov's Gunman: Introduced early in the comic to kill off two trolls, and then appears later to fight Mario shortly after the latter betrays his group. Joins the Troll Slaiyers afterwards.
- The Sixth Ranger: To Shadow and the remaining Troll Slayers
- Chekhov's Gunman: First appears when Knuckles realized he had a threeway with him and Rouge. Appears over ten chapters later with some friends to aid Shadow with his new awesome fucking plan.
- Infant Immortality: Averted.
- Eye Scream: Gets his eye ripped out by command of the Troll King.
- Seventh Ranger for The Troll Slaiyers
- Sole Survivor: Of the people who tried to save Sonic.
Cream the Rabbit
- Too Good for This Sinful Earth: Her last lines shows that she's not even fully aware of how badly she is hurt.
- Killed Off for Real: And in a very gruesome way.
- Killed Off for Real.
- Mega Manning: Can copy the abilities of opponents if they attempt to use them on him.
- No Sell: As a robot, attacks that rely on flesh don't work on him.
Blaze the Cat
- Belligerent Sexual Tension: With Silver.
- Broken Bird: She lived a hard life filled with self-loathing and malice right to the bitter end.
- Damsel in Distress: Thanks to Dr. Eggman in "The Storm".
- Driven to Suicide: Because she was being raped by Dr. Eggman, she attempts suicide, only for Eggman to stop her.
- Rape as Backstory: During "The Storm", Dr. Eggman raped Amy.