open/close all folders
- One exception, where a seduction is shown with far more detail than normal, occurs in Groundhog Day, as Bill Murray is living the same day over and over and the writers have a chance to show the (fantastical) process of failure and correction.
- In Cabin Fever, Marcy casually suggests to Paul that people who are in a certain-death situation would probably just want to have one last screw, with any available partner. Literally the next thing we see is the two of them naked, and Marcy is throwing a seemingly reluctant Paul down on the bed to ride him vigorously. The foreplay was aparrently so brisk that Paul didn't even have time to ask Marcy about using a condom until after they were already having sex.
- Used in An American Werewolf in London
- Used in Lost in Translation. The lounge singer sits down next to Bob, says "Hi", and this trope occurs. Well, it cuts to the morning after.
- "The Line" from Shark Attack 3: Megalodon immediately cuts to John Barrowman in a Shower of Love with Jennifer McShane.
- In Iron Man, a few lines of accusatory interviewing between Tony Stark and reporter Christine Everhart are enough for a one night stand. One minute they're arguing about war profiteering, the next they're leaping into bed together.
Live Action Television
- Appears a lot on AMC's Mad Men TV series.
- The Wire: Jimmy McNulty frequently produces these. Memorably, he once managed to pick up a waitress while drunk out of his mind and having just crashed his car. Twice. In the same place.
- Six Feet Under: Happens to Nate early on in the Pilot.
- Happened in Friends as Joey and an actress discussed how to make their characters' relationship seem more fiery.
- The Affair: After Noah and Helen break up, he runs into the swimmer who flirted with him in the first episode, who tells him she's now engaged. Commence sex scene.
- The season 3 finale of The Guild, with Cyd and Fawkes.
- Zapp Brannigan and Leela in the Futurama episode "Love's Labours Lost in Space". Used as a quasi plot-device because Leela is bewildered ever after as to why she slept with him.
Amy: Don't tell me to shut up! You know what happened with the last guy who told me to shut up?
- In "Proposition Infinity":
(Cut to them in bed)