open/close all folders
Sonic The Hedgehog
Click here to see his Bob Beaky disguise
Click here to see his Pre-Transformation appearance
: Change reality any way you like, Robotnik! Whatever you do I'll still fight you, and somehow I'll win! Because no matter how ridiculous the situation, I'll never give up, Robotnik! I'll never give up!
Sonic the Hedgehog is the leader of the Freedom Fighters based out of the Emerald Hill Zone and is commonly regarded as the hero of Mobius. Born with the power to run at unnatural speeds Sonic was involved in an experiment which allowed him to break the sound barrier, resulting in a sonic boom that turned him blue. Working with Doctor Kintobor to rid the planet of all evil, Sonic witnessed the good Doctor's transformation into his long-time nemesis Doctor Ivo Robotnik. He is probably most famous on Mobius for opposing Robotnik on countless occasions, and later deposing of the tyrant during the final victory in the Metropolis Zone. For undercover work, he has often disguised himself under the alias of Bob Beaky to avoid revealing his true identity. Due to extreme exposure to high levels of Chaos energy Sonic has developed a transformation into an alter-ego known as Super Sonic. This malevolent demonic being is unleashed in times of great stress or if he is overexposed to additional Chaos energy.
Miles "Tails" Prower
A two-tailed fox from the Nameless Zone, a Zone hidden to the rest of Mobius.
- Accidental Misnaming: The people of the Chemical Plant Zone refer to him only as "Zonerunner", leading to a Running Gag of Tails trying to tell them his name is Tails.
- Badass Longcoat: Wears one as the Zonerunner.
- Brown Eyes
- Innocent Blue Eyes: At least one cover after the series began doing reruns had him with blue eyes, like in the games, though he's typically shown with brown.
- Butt Monkey: He's frequently the victim of Sonic's "strange sense of humour" and the people he rescues tend to complain that they wanted to be saved by Sonic.
- Captain Obvious:
Tails: Wow! The Death Egg!
Tails, what is it with you and stating the blatantly obvious?
- And later on in the same strip:
Tails: Sonic! You're alive!
Sonic: And you're still stating the obvious, I see.
Tails: They... they're joining together!
Tails, you always were an expert at stating the flipping
- In one of the Summer Specials:
Tails: Sonic! He's attacking us!
Sonic: Thanks Tails, I had noticed.
- Cheerful Child
- The Chick
- Conspicuous Trenchcoat
- Cowardly Lion
- Fake Ultimate Hero: For a while he pretended to be this in the Nameless Zone arc, but in the end he was still a hero.
- Flight: Can fly using his two tails as a helicopter.
- Full-Name Basis: The people of the Nameless Zone call him Miles Prower.
- Megane: Not normally but as in issue 17, he's shown to be a human boy with Opaque Nerd Glasses (and a tail).
- Only Known by Their Nickname: Most people call him Tails, however his own people in the Nameless Zone call him Miles Prower. The people of the Chemical Plant Zone refer to him only as "Zonerunner", leading to an Accidental Misnaming Running Gag.
- Unwilling Roboticisation: Robotnik turns him into a badnik in issue 2, but thankfully Sonic frees him. He tries again in 5 in the Labyrinth Zone, but Sonic causes a tidal wave before it can be done.
"They don't call me "Aim" for nothing!"
A pink anthropomorphic hedgehog and member of the Freedom Fighters. She swiftly matured as the comic went on and became one of the most valuable members of the Freedom Fighters, especially due to her expert marksmanship with her crossbow (which she created herself) or hand-drawn bow.
- Action Girl
- Adaptational Badass: Until certain later incarnations (and even then, probably still) she was by far the most competent and dangerous incarnation of Amy Rose to have been depicted.
- Ascended Fangirl: She's a fangirl of Sonic with a crush on him but ended up joining the Freedom Fighters for her own safety.
- Automatic Crossbows: Her weapon of choice that she built herself.
- Bad Ass: She is both a Badass Adorable and a Badass Normal having no powers.
- Blue Oni: To Sonic's and Shortfuse's red.
- Brown Eyes
- Characterization Marches On: She wasn't as much of an Action Girl nor Sonic's foil in early chapters, but Executive Meddling caused her personality to alter. The original personality popped up again in the Adventure arc though.
- This also makes for an amusing inversion between medias, since her earlier more comical persona is strikingly similar to how the games would later develop Amy.
- Combat Pragmatist
- Executive Meddling: Word of God implies that, while Amy was always intended to be boosted as a Freedom Fighter, her more level headed nature was enforced by an editor, who wanted Amy to be a good female role model. This development was resented by writer Nigel Kitching who believed it made the character one dimentional compared to her much more flawed male comrades.
- Expository Hairstyle Change: Averted. She appears to have one in the Adventure adaptation however nothing has changed about her.
- Foil: To Sonic.
- Friendly Sniper
- Good Old Fisticuffs: When she can't use her crossbow she will fight with her fists.
- Heterosexual Lifepartners: With Tekno.
- Human Shield: Used as one by Brutus but didn't work because Sonic had transformed into Super Sonic.
- Improbable Aiming Skills: In issue #44, Badniks Bridge Part 2, Amy fires an arrow from a moving plane at a tiny little button that destroys an entire bridge.
- Locked into Strangeness: According to one comic, however it's most likely non-canon due to the continuity errors it causes.
- Long-Range Fighter
- Pink Girl, Blue Boy: With Sonic.
- Positive Discrimination
- The Gadfly: Her "crush" is implied to just be her teasing Sonic because she likes to see him flustered.
- The Lancer
- The Leader: She is a Type II leader when she leads the freedom fighters.
- Number Two: Whenever Sonic is unable to lead the freedom fighters, Amy takes comand.
- Tomboy: To Tekno's Girly Girl.
- Unlimited Wardrobe
- Unwilling Roboticisation: Happens twice. First, Robotnik's responsible. Second time, Brutus is responsible. Fortunately, Sonic saves her both times.
- Weak, but Skilled: Never gains the raw power of Sonic or Knuckles, but her smarts and ranged combat abilities allow her to be almost as effective under the right conditions.
- Weapon of Choice: Useally a crossbow, sometimes a bow.
- What the Hell, Hero?: Gives one to Shortfuse when he nearly lets Johnny die and to Sonic when he is being a jerk to Porker when he quits the freedom fighters.
- Women Are Wiser: Began inverted due to her more bubbly and childish attitude, deliberately played straight in later stories however (see above).
- Word of Gay: And in a relationship with Tekno, according to Nigel Kitching and Nigel Dobbyn at Summer of Sonic 2013.
A Freedom Fighter. Based on the "Pocky" captive from the original games.
A panicky Freedom Fighter. Based on the "Picky" captive from the original games.
- Anthropomorphic Shift: Arguably even more noticeable than Johnny, gaining a muscular body nearly twice Sonic's height, compared to his "small animal" design identical to the games early on (amusingly flashbacks were occasionally used featuring the character with his humanoid design). He changed twice, since at first he still had his hooves before they were changed to hands.
- Ascended Extra: Again like Johnny.
- Brown Eyes: It switched between the issues, though most commonly he's shown with blue eyes.
- Dark and Troubled Past: His real name is Oscar the Pig, a native of the Special Zone who unwittingly became involved with a Mafia boss named Hammerhead who used Porker's research to develop weapons. When he destroyed his research and sabotaged the project, Hammerhead had him framed, forcing him to flee to Mobius, where he eventually joined up with Sonic.
- Full-Name Basis
- Heroic BSOD: After being stranded on the Miracle Planet for a month, Porker Lewis has this and quits the Freedom Fighters.
- Non-Action Guy: Never a fighter, Porker loses his nerve entirely after being captured by the Metallixes, and he retires from the Freedom Fighters. Sonic never properly forgives him. Of course, this doesn't stop him from helping his old pals a few times afterwards.
- Shout-Out: His name is a reference to the sitcom Parker Lewis Can't Lose.
- The Smart Guy
- Transplant: After his encounter with Metallix, Porker quits the Freedom Fighters and relocates to the Floating Island to study the ancient echidna civilisation and becomes an important supporting character for Knuckles as much as he is for Sonic.
- Unwilling Roboticisation: Robotnik turns him into a badnik in issue 1, but thankfully Sonic frees him.
Tekno the Canary
Amy's best friend, and an occasional member of the Five-Man Band
Shortfuse the Cybernik
Click here to see Shorty The Squirrel
A short-tempered squirrel who retained his free will after being turned into a powerful Badnik.
A self-aware computer program that has the brainwaves of Doctor Kintobor.
Tropes for the Chaotix Crew as a whole:
The Omni-Viewer (or Omni, as he is commonly known) is a recurring character in Sonic the Comic. Although not entirely clear what Omni is, he often acts as a computer program. He has many other abilities, however, such as the power to transport people through time and space.
- The Mentor
- Sealed Good in a Can: He was sealed in the Black Asteroid.
- Sealed Inside a Person-Shaped Can: He is the can, he and Sonic devised a plan to banish Super to another dimension. At the last second, with Super smashed into Omni's space, he changed his mind, not wishing to burden anybody else with Super Sonic. Omni tried to freeze time, making himself an eternal prison, but only managed to slow time to a crawl. The others moved Omni to the Black Asteroid, hoping to contain Super Sonic when he eventually broke free from Omni.
- Sentient Phlebotinum
- Unwitting Instigator of Doom: Forced by Robotnik to get rid of Sonic and friends, however Robotnik didn't say how so he sends them only six months in future, but Robotnik in that six months had taken over Mobius.
Vector the Crocodile
The leader of the Chaotix Crew and the only member of the team who seems to do more than just fight. He is quite intellectual and a capable scientist and detective. He is usually the one who handles Chaotix's PR issues and liasons with the New Tek City police.
- The Face: He is usually the one who handles Chaotix's PR issues and liasons with the New Tek City police.
- Genius Bruiser: He is balanced in both brawn and brains. His physical strength is significant and he tends to fight using his tail and teeth. He also possesses keen computation and detective skills.
- The Leader: Of the Chaotix Crew.
- Mad Scientist: He is a capable scientist.
- Omnidisciplinary Scientist
- The Smart Guy: While he gets physical as often as his team-mates, Vector's main role is the crew's field-leader, strategist and technical expert.
Mighty the Armadillo
The strongest member of the Chaotix Crew. He can be rather hot-tempered at times and is often arguing with teammate Espio, but he is a loyal friend and won't turn his back on a teammate (except maybe Charmy).
Espio the Chameleon
A member of the Chaotix Crew. He usually has a cool head but can sometimes be easily provoked (especially if Charmy does the provoking).
A member of the Chaotix Crew and he is a prince of The Hive, being the son of the Queen Bee.
Doctor Ivo Robotnik
Click here to see his Post-Transformation appearance
Click here to see his Pre-Transformation appearance
Doctor Ivo Robotnik is the primary antagonist of Sonic the Comic and the sworn enemy of Sonic the Hedgehog. Born Ovi Kintobor, a laboratory "accident" (later revealed to be caused by Sonic) turned the mild mannered professor into an evil, tyrannical doctor with a thirst for power. He soon conquered Mobius and transformed its citizens into mobile, mechanical weapons known as Badniks. Sonic and his Freedom Fighters fought him for years until he was finally defeated and lost his reign over the planet. Several more years followed with many attempts to regain power. However, Robotnik never truly did regain power and went insane, trying to destroy the world on more than one occasion.
- Adaptational Villainy: He is a ruthless tyrant, possibly worse than the SATAM version.
- A God Am I: In the Robotnik Reigns Supreme arc.
- Arch-Enemy: He is one of Sonic's along with Super Sonic.
- Badass: He defeat and destroyed Brutus who Sonic couldn't beat.
- Badass Mustache: He sports one at all times.
- Bad Boss: When his plans fail he takes it out on Grimer, and when his trooper badniks report bad news he kills them.
- Bald of Evil
- Big Bad
- Black Eyes of Crazy
- Body to Jewel: In Order & Chaos when Robotnik absorbs the Chaos Emeralds' power his body turns into a crystal statue. However it proves to be a temporary state while he adjusts to the Chaos Emerald's power.
- Bright Is Not Good: As Grand Vizier to Princess Kupacious he wore white robes with golden plates on.
- Dangerously Genre Savvy: In order to stop the Metallixes robots and Commander Brutus going rogue, he built in a self destruct program into their design, which he activated after they both went rogue.
- Death Seeker: After a Villainous Breakdown he gathers the Chaos Emeralds, the Freedom Fighters, and Chaos itself to his retreat so they would all die together.
- Demoted to Dragon: In the Drakon arc he makes a deal with Emperor Ko-Dorr, The Drakons would provide Robotnik with resources and transport, and he in turn would deliver the Chaos Emeralds, then in the Shanazar arc he worked as Grand Vizier to Princess Kupacious, but both times he was using them for further his own goals and he was a far greater threat than Princess Kupacious.
- Dimension Lord: Of the Special Zone.
- Dragon-in-Chief: Princess Kupacious' Dragon-in-Chief being a far greater threat than her.
- Dictator Scientist
- Evil Chancellor: As Grand Vizier in the Shanazar arc.
- Evil Overlord: As the ruler of Mobius.
- Eye Beams: After absorbing the power of of the Chaos Emeralds he is able to fire beams of Chaos Energy out of his eyes.
- Fat Bastard
- Genius Bruiser: Unlike other Robotniks, when the chips are down and the robots destroyed, he'll fight Sonic with his bare hands.
- The Heavy: Even when he is Demoted to Dragon he still the main threat.
- Monster Face Turn: When Knuckles drains his Chaos power away he turns back into Doctor Ovi Kintobor.
- Hoist by His Own Petard: Some of his plans are stopped by Shortfuse who Robotnik turned into a Cybernik.
- Knight of Cerebus: In the last two arcs of Sonic the Comic after becoming an Omnicidal Maniac.
- Lack of Empathy
- Mad Scientist
- Omnicidal Maniac: As of his Villainous Breakdown
- The Nth Doctor: Robotnik initially looked like he did in the games. In the 21st issue, he is convinced by two guys (expies of the comic staff) to change his appearance. He does so by encasing himself in a egg. He hatches in the following issue, now resembling his AOSTH design. As pictured, by the Sonic Adventure arc, he now looks like the SatAM Robotnik with the SA counterpart's clothes.
- Physical God: After absorbing the power of of the Chaos Emeralds he become a Omnipotent, Omniscient, Reality Warper, and he can fire Eye Beams.
- Powered Armour: Robotnik wears War-Armour to battle Brutus which has a distinctive green and purple colour scheme, much like the battle-suit worn by super-villain, Lex Luthor, it also has a hose-like weapon that sprays liquid nitrogen which alows Robotnik to destroy Brutus.
- Power Glows: After absorbing the power of of the Chaos Emeralds his body glows green.
- President Evil: Used to rule the whole of Mobius.
- Reality Warper: In the Robotnik Reigns Supreme arc.
- Red Eyes, Take Warning
- Ret Gone: What he does to Sonic in the Robotnik Reigns Supreme arc which for some reason doesn't Ret Gone himself.
- The Starscream: He was briefly The Starscream when he was allied with the Drakon Empire and and then to Princess Kupacious both times he succeeded.
- Sanity Slippage: In the events leading up to the Sonic Adventure adaptation, Robotnik begins to lose it, first trying to destroy Mobius, and later gathering the Chaos Emeralds, the Freedom Fighters, and Chaos itself to his retreat so they would all die together.
- The Sociopath
- Superpowered Evil Side: Is this to his former self Dr Ovi Kintobor, due to exposure to raw evil Chaos Energy.
- Villainous Breakdown: Leading to a Suicidal Cosmic Temper Tantrum.
- The Voiceless: After his Villainous Breakdown.
- You're Insane!: Grimer to Robotnik after Chaos absorbs the Chaos Emeralds;
Robotnik: I keep on telling you, Grimer, my faithful fool... I don't have a plan. This is the end for us all!
Grimer: You're... you're mad...
Robotnik: So what?
Robotnik's chief scientist and most loyal toady.
- Affably Evil: Grimer is genuinely cheerful, pleasant, optimistic, and so very, very happy in his work.
- Ambiguous Species: It's never quite said what he is, but he looks neither human nor animal.
- Dirty Coward: Constantly. In practically his only direct combat role, he shoots Amy in the back - and he only does that after all the other heroes are down.
- Dragon Ascendant
- Evil Genius
- Even Evil Has Standards: Even he thinks that destroying Mobius is going too far, and when it becomes clear that Robotnik has gone completely and suicidally insane, he quits.
- Hypercompetent Sidekick: Grimer is the primary designer of many of Robotnik's most dangerous warmachines and personally comes to Robotnik's rescue on several occasions.
- The Igor
- Karma Houdini: Despite the fact he played a fundamental role in Robotnik's schemes, designed and built most of the badniks, was entirely culpable for releasing Chaos and therefore Johnny Lightfoot's death and (unlike Robotnik) has no excuse for his evil ways, Grimer strides out of the series scot-free and unrepentant, with a triumphant 'I quit!'.
- Mad Scientist
- Monstrous Humanoid
- Non-Action Guy
- Not-So-Harmless Villain: He's usually seen in Robotnik's shadow, carrying out his orders with obsequious alacrity or nervous meekness as the situation demands. When Robotnik needs to be rescued, however, Grimer becomes a Chess Master to be reckoned with. And at one point when Sonic is captured, he turns downright scary.
- Obviously Evil: Let's see... Evil Eyebrows, Red Eyes, Take Warning, Villainous Cheekbones, Bald of Evil with what hair he has crafted into Spikes of Villainy. Somewhat balanced out by his good manners and natty little bowtie.
- Shout-Out: A character bio in one issue gave his surname as Wormtongue. Writer Nigel Kitching subsequently clarified that this was added in by the editor, and isn't Grimer's surname in the story.
- Undying Loyalty: To Robotnik.
- The Watson: Robotnik often has to explain his plans in little bitesize pieces to Grimer, even when they are achingly simple.
A vicious, maniacal creature made up of the toxic chemical Mega Mack.
- Accidental Misnaming: It has been so long since Sonic fought Megatox that Sonic has forget him and even after rembering him he still forgets Megatox's name calling him Mr. Tox.
- Blob Monster: His body is made of a liquid, however in his second apparance he had absorbed the electricity from the factory which allowed him to become solid enough to perform physical attacks, however when he is solid he can be hit by attacks as well.
- Elemental Shapeshifter: He is a toxic liquid called Mega Mack.
- Me's a Crowd: He is capable of spiltting into smaller multiple bodies, he can also merge back to full size.
- Walking Wasteland: He's particularly deadly to Sonic because the Mega Mack was specifically designed as a weapon against him.
- Was Once A Mobian: He was a scientist working for Dr. Robotnik on the Mega Mack chemical. One day in the Chemical Plant Zone, an accident occured that flooded this scientist's compartment with the deadly toxin, while the scientist's body had dissolved into the chemicals, his mind remained intact, possessing the Mega Mack itself.
A trio of brothers (Grouchio, Harpio and Chicio) from Super Marxio World.
Click here to see Nutzan Bolt's living ice body.
A robot general for Doctor Robotnik from the Chemical Plant Zone. He is an antagonist of Miles "Tails" Prower and the Flock in Sonic the Comic. He has a primarily purple body structure, although he has been rebuilt into new forms several times. He despises Sonic, to the extent that even mention of the word "Sonic" ("the 'S' word") will send him into fits of anger.Nutzan Bolt possesses numerous in-built weapons and features, including guns and saws in his arms that he uses for decapitating things (often robots). He can fly with propeller blades on his back, and his head can operate independently of his body
A sheep from the Chemical Plant Zone. Alongside Sab, he currently works as a security guard for the Marxio Brothers, defending the Zone from attack. In the past, Furic has worked for different sides of the battle between good and evil, being convinced to join Nutzan Bolt before returning to his old friends.
- Co-Dragons: To Nutzan Bolt along with Tess Tube.
- Face-Heel Turn: He used to be a member of The Flock.
- Arm Gun: His right arm has a machine gun grafted on.
- Heel-Face Turn: He rejoins The Flock.
- Heel Realization: He realizates that Nutzan a psychopath and he was making the Chemical Plant Zone a worse place not a better place.
- Horrible Judge of Character: He thought Nutzan Bolt was sensible and open to negotiation who could be worked with to make the Chemical Plant Zone into a better place.
- The Lancer: To Sab when he was a member of The Flock.
A robotic version of Sonic the Hedgehog - it carried the title of the Metal Sonic. As fast as Sonic himself, and armed with a lethal death ray, Metallixes are notably very difficult to kill, their only apparent weak spots being in their necks.
- Chest Blaster: He has a blaster in his chest.
- Evil Knockoff: It is based on Metal Sonic in Sonic CD
- Ret Gone: What happens to him because of a time paradox (Sonic was given the Time Stone by a time-travelling Sonic from the future, enabling him to travel back in time to prevent the planet's cyberforming and thus erase Metallix from existence... and then go give the Time Stone to himself from the past.) How this time conundrum works at all has been debated; even the comic staff themselves are confused by it.
- Robot Me: A robot based on Sonic.
- Super Speed
A synthetically-engineered shape-shifting lifeform created by Grimer by order of Dr. Robotnik. She was created for the specific purpose of destroying Sonic the Hedgehog and his band of Freedom Fighters but failed miserably on every attempt. She later had her powers nullified and was cast out.
- Heel-Face Turn
- Hero-Worshipper: She hero worships Robotnik.
- Imposter Forgot One Detail: When she shapeshifted into Sonic she made his fur green. How the badniks even mistook her for Sonic in the first place is anyone's guess.
- Partial Transformation: Often converts her hands into claws, blades, laser blasters, and hammers.
- Power Copying: When she morphs into someone or something else, she tends to get whatever powers the subject has; for example, when morphing into Sonic, she got his speed.
- Shapeshifter Default Form: In her standard form, Metamorphia appears to be an anthropomorphic bobcat she has black eyes with white pupils which have usually appeared as horizontal slits. She normally wears a purple jumpsuit, but has also worn a torn yellow dress with black spots and a green jumpsuit (under her Badnik armour).
- Unwilling Roboticisation: This was inverted she started out as an apparently cybernetic artificial life-form, was turned into a Badnik and transformed into an organic character.
- Voluntary Shape Shifting
Metallix Mark 2
A Metallix robot modelled after Sonic the Hedgehog that was built seperate from the Brotherhood of Metallix. This was supposed to be an advanced version of the original Metal Sonic, although it turned out to be less effective than its predecessor.
Brotherhood of Metallix
Click here to see The Pirate Omni-viewer
Click here to see The Porker Metallix
The Brotherhood of Metallix is an army of Metallix robots created by Grimer. Led by an Emperor, the Brotherhood were charged with creating the ultimate Metal Sonic robot to destroy Sonic the Hedgehog, and remained aboard the Egg Fortress in the Special Zone after Robotnik had abandoned it. For reasons unknown, the Brotherhood went rogue and began working toward the conquest of Mobius.
Commander Brutus was Doctor Robotnik's one-time second-in-command and a major threat to Mobius in his own right. Originally an member of the Special Badnik Service equipped with superior strength and an anti-gravity device, he became far more intelligent, more cuning and more dangerous than the average trooper when he was chosen to be reprogrammed with a copy of Robotnik's brainwaves.
Although he was too powerful for Sonic to defeat in their first encounter, he disobeyed orders to return the captive Freedom Fighters to Robotnik's citadel and ended up beaten in a fight with Super Sonic which cost him an arm and forced him to retreat. Having inherited Robotnik's desire to rule Mobius along with his intelligence, Brutus secretly began to build up a Badnik army of his own, and soon became powerful enough to start a civil war with Robotnik for control of his empire. In the end, Robotnik himself did what Sonic could never manage, fighting Brutus in an armoured battle suit before dousing him with liquid nitrogen and smashing him to pieces.
Click here to see Doctor Zachary during his first appearance
An elderly, white-furred male echidna, and an enemy of Knuckles the Echidna. He first appeared in Issue 65. Zachary is one of only three Echidnas known to still be alive. He has secret knowledge of the Echidna people, and may even know where they went.
- Arch-Enemy: He is Knuckles's arch enemy.
- Arm Cannon: After his first appearance his right arm is replaced with a laser cannon.
- Artificial Limbs: After falling of the floating island he was horribly injured, Robotnik saved Zachary's life by integrating him with Badnik technology, replacing his right arm with a laser cannon.
- The Big Bad: Of The Syndicate making him the Big Bad of the Sonic Adventure 2 arc.
- Card-Carrying Villain: Dr. Zachary calls himself evil; ("Knuckles never expected that I could be evil!").
- Disney Villain Death: He falls from the Floating Island, however this is subverted, while airborne, Zachary was able to use his Guardian Robot's body to soften his landing, but the impact left him horribly injured.
- The Dragon: In the Knuckles story leading up issue 100 as we as issue 100 he was Robotnik's dragon.
- Evil Albino
- The Evil Genius: Of The Syndicate making him the Evil Genius of the Sonic Adventure 2 arc.
- Faux Affably Evil: At first look Zachary seems like an well educated and intelligent person, this serves to hide his sociopathic tendencies. Beneath his calm exterior lies a mad mind with zero empathy for others. He showed no qualms nor regret for the destruction of the Special Zone, an act that killed thousands, maybe even millions of innocent lives. Combined with sadistic mocking of others and you got yourself a real genuine, first-class sociopath.
- Lackof Empathy
- Mad Scientist
- Never Found the Body: So of course Zachary returned.
- Omnicidal Maniac
- The Sociopath
- Two-Faced: After falling of the floating island he was horribly injured, Robotnik saved Zachary's life by integrating him with Badnik technology, replacing the entire right side of his head and face.
"Life's a gamble when you mess with Max!"
He is a sleazy businessman and con artist from the Casino Night Zone. Making his first appearance in Sonic the Comic Issue 81, Gamble owned one of the many gambling establishments in the zone.
- Civilian Villain: Max Gamble has allegedly gone straight becoming a zone leader and Gamble helping insect refugees from the Special Zone (who are certainly not Family members) out of the goodness of his heart, the truth is that Gamble is working for Don Long-Legs head of The Family.
- Con Man: Gamble tried to sale Eldorado businessmen some robots that were purposely faulty: Gamble had planned for the robots to go beserk whilst on the job, but his demonstration model went crazy before the sale.
- Early Installment Weirdness: In his first appearance, Max was a huge, imposing monitor lizard. Subsequent appearances made him smaller and less intimidating, and after #100 he had a consistent look as a more cartoonishly-evil, thinner lizard.
- The Face: He now acts as the Don's "legitimate" front man of The Family.
- The Mafia: He is gangster and now the front man of The Family.
A goat who once worked for Doctor Robotnik. Mesmer is a talented hypnotist using his special staff.
- Cult: Leaded one consising of the hypnotised villagers.
- Karma Houdini: With nowhere to lock Mesmer and Robotnik up, Knuckles leaves before he is tempted to kill them.
- Mass Hypnosis: He can hypnotise an whole village.
- Mind-Control Device: His special staff with which he was able to hypnotise an entire village into believing in the "Moon Goddess" which was a test of Mesmer's hypnotic powers on a small group of people by Robotnik and Robotnik plans to do the same to Mobius.
- Religion of Evil: Leads one beliving in a fictional "Moon Goddess".
An aging rat capable of utilising magical powers. He was once hired by Doctor Robotnik to arrest Ebony and Pyjamas after leading the protest at Metropolis Park.
Vermin the Cybernik
Click here to see Vermin without his armour.
"I am far more than just a badnik outlaw! I am Vermin the Cybernik!"
A villainous Cybernik warrior created by Doctor Robotnik and a rival of Shortfuse the Cybernik and the Freedom Fighters during the final months of RBR ("Ruled By Robotnik").
Metallix Mark 3
A very powerful Metallix model created by Doctor Robotnik some time after he was deposed. Unlike the previous models which were based on Sonic, the Mark 3 was modelled after Knuckles. It proved to be every bit as strong as the original, perhaps stronger, and remained loyal to Robotnik unlike the Brotherhood.
- A.I. Is a Crapshoot Averted unlike the Brotherhood of Metallix he remained loyal to Robotnik.
- Chest Blaster: He has a blaster in his chest.
- Curb-Stomp Battle: In every single fight with the Knuckles Metallixes, Sonic has never been able to beat them alone.
- The Door Slams You: When Tails gets the entrance of the Arena of Judgement open and calls Sonic over. Metallix charges at them, but Tails, seeing that Sonic's in no fit state to fight back, brings the door down upon the robot, crushing it into submission.
- Evil Knockoff: A robot based on Knuckles.
- Hero Killer
- Knight of Cerebus
- Robot Me: Based on Knuckles.
Click here to his true appearance (Agent X is the guy on the right.)
A villain from the Shadow Dimension. The agent worked for Doctor Robotnik, the tyrant believing that Johnny Lightfoot had defected from the Freedom Fighters and turned traitor. With this in mind, Robotnik sent Agent X to kill the Freedom Fighters, all the time making sure "Johnny" kept a visible presence from time to time.
Click here to see her current appearance.
Princess Kupacious (known as Princess Kupacius in her first and last appearances) was the ruler of Shanazar. Extremely ugly and nasty, the toad-like ruler reigned over her city with complete selfishness. Her unwillingness to hand out rewards and the treatment of her staff gave her few admirers. Despite this, she still had loyal subjects who pursued her interests to the very end. She currently lives on Mobius as a frog, ruling over a pond.
- The Big Bad: Of the Shanazar arc with Robotnik as her Dragon-in-Chief.
- The Frog Bites Back: Robotnik used a magic necklace to turn her into a frog, boiling with anger at suddenly being removed from power, she waited until Robotnik had forgotten about her before stealing the Magic Gem that protects all holders from danger,
- Fat Bastard
- Liliputians: She's only a few microns high because the planet of Shanazar is the size of an atom she becomes a normal size frog when Shanazar is merged with Mobius.
- Monstrous Humanoid
- Non-Action Big Bad
- Princesses Rule: Despite being the ruler of Shanazar, she is a princess.
The Drakon Empire
The Drakon Empire
The Drakon Empire is an inter-galactic empire that presumably encompasses several planets and species. The centre is Drak, home to a race of fish people called the Drakon people. Society is led by Master Scholar (House of Knowledge), Sister Haggra (House of Magic) and Emperor Ko-Dorr (House of War). The Empire's main goal is to relocate their Chaos Emeralds, ancient stones stolen by an old Echidna tribe that contain their store of Chaos energy. With these, they can rule the entire universe.
Tropes for the Drakon Empire as a whole:
- Alien Invasion: Eight thousand years ago the Drakons invaded Mobius to get the Echidna's Emeralds to store Chaos Energy creating the Chaos Emeralds which the Echidnas stole back which started the Great War between the Drakons and the Echidnas.
- Always Chaotic Evil
- The Empire
- Mobile Suit Drakon: The Drakons use a humanoid-robot exoskeletons to move about on land.
- Talking Animal: Unlike the Mobians the Drakon are talking fish in humanoid-robot exoskeletons.
- Villain Pedigree: Took this from Badniks for a while.
Emperor Ko-Dorr is a Drakon, and the leader of the House of War.
In his first appearance in Sonic the Comic, he came into contact with Dr Robotnik, brought to the Drakon Empire by a Prosecutor. While initially the Drakons were curious as to who had discovered the secrets of the Mobius Ring on Flickies' Island, Ko-Dorr's attention shifted to Sonic the Hedgehog, Robotnik telling the Emperor that the hedgehog was guilty of crimes against the Drakon Empire, through the destruction of a Sentinel. Ko-Dorr and Robotnik thus made a deal: The Drakons would provide Robotnik with resources and transport, and he in turn would deliver the Chaos Emeralds, allowing Ko-Dorr to rule the House of Magic and House of Knowledge in addition to his own House of War, but the first priority was to deal with Sonic. The hedgehog was brought to the House of War and entered into a Trial by Combat against a Metallix Mark 3, Ko-Dorr presiding as judge. When Sonic was victorious, with a little help from Tails, Ko-Dorr saw that the hedgehog was safely returned home, but was left with a promise that the Drakons hadn't seen the last of Sonic.
Later, Sister Haggra revealed to Ko-Dorr and Master Scholar that Sonic was the key to the Drakons obtaining the Chaos Emeralds, but Ko-Dorr was forced to feign ignorance and pretend not to know the hedgehog. The Emperor soon after visited Flickies' Island to bring his plan forward. The intent was to bring Sonic in and interrogate him on the whereabouts of the Emeralds, but the hedgehog wiped out every Drakon invading the Emerald Hill Zone, including a Master Sentinel. To the Emperor's good fortune though, Grimer, switched sides to join the Drakons, claiming to have had enough of working for Robotnik.
In the House of War, Grimer revealed that the Emeralds were indeed on the Floating Island, but warned Ko-Dorr of Knuckles and his Guardian Robots. Pre-occupied with planning his invasion, the Emperor had no interest in dealing with Hobson and Choy, who had defaced his statue, planning to decide on their punishment 'in a year or two.' When the Drakons later invaded the Floating Island, Ko-Dorr remained in touch with Grimer, who was leading the invasion, from the House of War. What happened to him and the other Drakons when Robotnik reshaped the universe is unknown.
- Big Bad Triumvirate: With Master Scholar and Sister Haggra, Emperor Ko-Dorr is one of the three rulers of the Drakon Empire.
- The Emperor: Of the Drakon Empire and one the co-rulers along with Master Scholar and Sister Haggra.
"I always think many moves ahead, Sister. Always."
Master Scholar is a leading figure in the Drakon Empire, sitting at the very top of the House of Knowledge. Along with Sister Haggra and, Emperor Ko-Dorr, Scholar controlled all aspects of Drakon life.
- Big Bad Triumvirate: With Sister Haggra and Emperor Ko-Dorr, Master Scholar is one of the three rulers of the Drakon Empire.
Sister Haggra is a Drakon and the leader of the House of Magic.
In her first appearance, she was seen with Master Scholar and Emperor Ko-Dorr using the Vapours of Destiny to reveal who could bring the Chaos Emeralds to the Drakons. Not knowing the identity of Sonic, the figure within the mists, she pressed Scholar and Ko-Dorr for answers, but Scholar knew nothing of Sonic, and Ko-Dorr was forced to lie, saying the off-worlder he'd recently put on trial was taller and purple.
- Big Bad Triumvirate: With Emperor Ko-Dorr and Master Scholar, Sister Haggra is one of the three rulers of the Drakon Empire.
- Seer: She can use the Vapours of Destiny to reveal things.
Click here to see his Perfect Chaos form.
A liquid monster who used to be a Drakon prosecutor. Trapped with Tikal for years inside a tiny box.
Death Trap were a team of mercenaries hired to capture Sonic the Hedgehog in the world of Shanazar, after Sonic had rescued several children from being merged with genies (a ritual that protected the Kingdom of Shanazar). Consisting of Kalus (the leader, made of stone), Prank (able to summon a genie) and Totem Billy (a scout, amazingly keen sense of smell and long-range vision), they first appeared in Issue 157 after Sonic escaped from prison. Hired by Doctor Robotnik to capture Sonic and bring him to Princess Kupacious, the crew made a decent effort of knocking Sonic about, until the hedgehog realised he didn't need to fight this battle, and fled. Totem Billy, however, was able to follow his scent.
Death Trap eventually returned in Issue 163, back on the trail of Sonic after Totem Billy recovered from a cold. They discover that Sonic is in an isolated city, but are stopped by Medusa, whose glare turns Prank and Totem Billy into stone. Kalus, already made of stone, heads to attack Medusa, but crumbles into sand after a delayed reaction. Later, Sonic notes that the two stony members of Death Trap won't be hunting him anymore, but comes face to face with a sandy Kalus. Sonic uses this to his advantage, destroying Kalus and using the ensuing sand cloud to defeat Medusa. With that, Death Trap were effectively no more.
Click here to see his current appearance.
Kalus was a member of Death-Trap. The bulky man, leader of the gang of three, was made of stone and possessed immense strength and stamina. Along with Prank and Totem Billy, the Shanazar resident was hired by Doctor Robotnik to track down criminal Sonic the Hedgehog.
Prank was a resident of Shanazar and member of Death-Trap, a group of hired mercenaries. Prank's role in the trio was to summon a genie to do his bidding, suggesting he was a child chosen to visit the Mystic Mountain. He was killed when Medusa turned him to stone.
Totem Billy was a mercenary with Death-Trap. By using his ability to smell targets and see them from great distances, he, along with Kalus and Prank, was one of the most feared men in Shanazar.
"The cute blue hedgehog is gone - now you're against Super Sonic! And it ain't gonna be pretty."
Super Sonic is a powered-up form of Sonic the Hedgehog, a psychotic demon-like entity who manifests himself in Sonic's body under conditions of extreme stress or exposure to chaos energy. Sonic frequently had to battle to keep this alter-ego in check, because Super Sonic's immense destructive powers, hyperaggression, sadistic humour and lack of restraint frequently endangered innocent civilians and even Sonic's own friends.
- Adaptational Villainy: Unlike the other versions he is a total Sociopath.
- Amnesiacs Are Innocent
- Arch-Enemy: He is one of Sonic's along with Robotnik.
- Back for the Finale
- The Dreaded: He is this to everybody on Mobius justified by the fact he is insane, and evil, sadistic, psychopathic... and equipped with the power of the Chaos Emeralds.
- Enemy Without: Once he's separated from Sonic.
- Energy Being: After he's separated from Sonic, Super continues to exist as a being of pure Chaos Energy.
- Energy Absorption: He is able to absorb Chaos Energy, he used this to absorb Chaos' power turning him back into a Drakon.
- Evil Counterpart: He has all of Sonic's powers and Sonic's bad traits taken Up to Eleven.
- Evil Laugh: He gives one when he thinks he has killed the Freedom Fighters.
- Eye Beams: He can fire beams of Chaos Energy out of his eyes.
- Fangs Are Evil
- Final Boss: The final villain fought of the print run of Sonic the Comic.
- Heel-Face Turn: Because of Identity Amnesia.
- Hero Killer
- Hedgehog Abomination: Made of Chaos Energy.
- Identity Amnesia: Becomes a nice guy when he temporarily looses his memories. But becomes haunted for a long time by recurring nightmares of a demonic creature destroying the world and saving him for last. Eventually, he discovers these are actually representations of his past destructive urges, remembering in full that he was once the evil, chaotic Super Sonic. This leads him to refuse to use his powers lest he become corrupted by them once more - indeed, each time he taps into chaos energy or his inert powers, he reverts to his crazy self. His desire to not become a demon again ends in tragedy, as he is corrupted by the power of all seven emeralds - while attempting to save his own life nonetheless - and he is promptly merged back with Sonic, seemingly ending the pacifist Super Sonic's life.
- In-Series Nickname: Demon.
- Jerkass: He is somewhat cocky, immature and arrogant and without Sonic's good traits.
- The Juggernaut: He possesses all of Sonic's powers but amped up by a tremendous amount. He is many times stronger and faster than his blue counterpart, and is all-but invincible; It takes enormous kinetic damage, accompanied by extreme exhaustion, in order to defeat him.
- Knight of Cerebus
- Lack of Empathy
- Made of Evil: Made of Evil Chaos Energy.
- Nice Guy: He becomes one when he looses his memories.
- Omnicidal Maniac
- Person of Mass Destruction
- Physical God: Super Sonic seems to verge on this, especially towards the end of the arc where Sonic was trapped in the Special Zone. Besides his immense strength and speed (both enough to easily annihilate enemies who Sonic was all but helpless against) and flight, he's also so powerful that the Omniviewer was unable to stop time for him (only slow it enough to ensure that crossing several inches would take years) was able to remain fully aware even while in a state of slowed time, and was able to gather enough charged particles to turn an asteroid into a miniature sun (which then exploded with enough force to bathe the entire surface of Mobius in a powerful electromagnetic pulse). It's occasionally said that he is powerful enough to destroy a planet.
- Red Eyes, Take Warning
- Evil Sealed Inside A Sonic Shaped Can And Then Inside A Omni-viewer Shaped Can
- Slasher Smile
- Super-Powered Evil Side: To Sonic
- Super Speed: He has Sonic's super speed taken Up to Eleven.
- Wingding Eyes: His eyes are permanently spirals. Even when he turns good.
Click here to see Shirob
A vicious Berzerker warrior who reigns in The Land Beyond. Once known as the third Enchanter King Shirob, one day he accidentally made contact with the demonic entity known as The Dark One. Cursed by dark magic, Shirob went mad and was transformed into the hideous creature known as Trogg. Fleeing to the Land Beyond , Trogg sought to one day return to the Nameless Zone as a conqueror.
- Arch-Enemy: He is Tails's arch enemy being Tails' most dangerous foe.
- Arc Villain: Villain of the Nameless Zone arc
- Disney Villain Death: He falls from the Dimension Bridge after Knuckles punches him off, however this is subverted when he actually managed to grab the bridge rope at the last second saving himself.
- Face Monster Turn: Was once Shirob who accidentally contacted an immortal demon called The Dark One, the experience driving him insane and turning him into the evil Trogg.
- False Innocence Trick: Trogg briefly resuming his identity as Shirob, Trogg sent a magical SOS to the Enchanter Kings, knowing that they would call upon their champion Tails to rescue the lost Enchanter King. When Tails and Errol Blackthorn arrived in the Labyrinth, they found 'Shirob' in chains. After escaping from the Pit Beast, they were soon surrounded by Berzerkers and Trogg revealed himself and explained the truth about Shirob. The entire ordeal had been orchestrated to lure Tails to the Land Beyond where Trogg could take his revenge and kill the champion who had humiliated him so. But before he could strike Tails down, a portal appeared and Tails and Errol escaped through it, denying Trogg his revenge.
- Genius Bruiser: He possesses superior physical strength and also a degree of dark magical power with which he able to transform Errol Blackthorn into a creature like himself.
- Heel-Face Turn: The Dark One's destrusion turns Trogg back into Shirob.
- Puppet King: Shirob and the other Enchanter Kings become this as part of a deal with Roubal the king of the goblins in order to avoid bloodshed and a war with the Goblins.
- Royals Who Actually Do Something
- Superpowered Evil Side: Trogg is Shirob's.
Nack the Weasel
A former member of the Chaotix and recurring villain within Sonic the Comic, who operates both on his own and as something of a mercenary. He is notably technically minded, having developed his own weapons and tech, such as the size-altering cartridges adorning his hat, and a disrupter for use against Metallixes. Nack is also very intelligent, always thinking several moves ahead, planning for any eventuality and setting up back-up plans.
Fleabyte the Bounty Hunter
A minor villain from Sonic the Comic, acting as an antagonist to Miles "Tails" Prower.
A villainous crab from Mobius who used to patrol the Mobian Channel in search of wayward travellers. The "captain" (who wears some sort of sailor's cap) seems to enjoy torturing the people he discovers, especially since he gets to give his Octonaught Badnik a bit of exercise.
- Hoist by His Own Petard: He uses the Octonaught's gun to destroy some columns of rock that Knuckles is on but the last one crushes the Octonaught damaging it.
- Karma Houdini: Despite trying to murder Knuckles (or at least capture him), the echidna was forced to release Claw when they got to land, the current legal system not being very good under Robotnik's rule.
- Mech: Captain Claw uses a Octonaught Badnik/mech to menace travellers
- Nice Hat: His sailor's cap
Boss Krouch was an antagonist from the Great Mobian Prairie, known for owning a large herd of Apterix. Krouch attempted to murder fellow Apterix-breeder Rooster (with a little help from crooked Chito, but was himself offed when his plan to kill Rooster backfired.
Doctor Robotnik Appreciation Tribe (D.R.A.T.)
A fanatical cult who revere Doctor Robotnik in a seemingly godly light. Led by Grand Chief Whip, D.R.A.T. are determined to make the people of Mobius view Robotnik as they do and to prepare the planet for the doctor's inevitable return to power. The cult's motto is "Bring back the Doctor!"
A minor villain in Sonic the Comic who fancied himself as a rival to Miles "Tails" Prower. The small creature was a "master thief", using his mechanical wings to quickly infiltrate a target and speed off with the loot.
- Easy Impersonation: His similar shape to Tails, as well as his airborne abilities, led people to wrongly assume that Tails had become a criminal, not that The Leaf planned this.
- Impossible Thief
Colonel Percy Granite
A soldier from Planet Earth who once ran Operation Starwatch, a government organisation committed to the catching of aliens. Completely narcissistic and maybe even a little insane, Granite longed to discover why aliens wanted to invade his planet, although he soon moved on to the goal of invading other planets and even ruling his own.
- Alien Invasion: He tried to invade and rule Mobius.
- Badass Mustache
- Colonel Ripper
- Conqueror From The Future: He tries to conquer 1880s United States after which he plans to conquer the rest of 1880s Earth.
- Evil Brit
- Fantastic Racism: Hates aliens.
- Gaia's Vengeance: This is how he was finally defeated by a freak storm that took out his regiment and blew them back through the dimensional gateway to Earth - seemingly, the spirit of nature itself had fought back against Granite and his plans to destroy the ecosystem. He was last seen being arrested for war crimes on the order of the Prime Minister, who had encountered Sonic.
- Galactic Conqueror: He plans to conquer planets after he conquers Mobius but he is beaten before he can.
- Insane Colonel
- Outside-Context Villain: He serves as this being completly unknown to Mobius par the Freedom Fighters leading an Alien Invasion from Planet Earth invading Mobius trouncing the Freedom Fighters with superior firepower and planning to sell off the conquered Zones to human industrial developers (and rename Mobius "Planet Percy" after his first name).
- Rogue Colonel: On New Year's Eve 1998, he went AWOL with an army regiment and invaded the Emerald Hill Zone on Mobius.
- Time Travel for Fun and Profit: He invaded 1880s United States with advanced technology, aiming to usurp all world leaders and become the "master of the world".
A ruthless dictator from an alternate reality in which Sonic was the one caught in the ROCC accident and turned evil.
A nefarious gang of criminals who fly across Mobius in pursuit of riches and infamy. Led by Captain Plunder, the crooks never associate themselves with either heroes or villains, merely interested in their goals.
Tropes for the Sky Pirates as a whole:
A nefarious sky pirate who, while considered a villain, has no love for Doctor Robotnik or his tyrannical regime over Planet Mobius. Plunder is a pirate by name and nature, holding no regard for the law or social norms. He commands a flying galleon which is crewed by a motley bunch, though his only two regular crew members are his undead first mate Filch and Simpson the Cat, the ship's fool and cook. In his last appearance in Sonic the Comic, Plunder was stricken with an ancient curse and now lives his days with eternal bad luck.
A Sky Pirate and the ghostly First Mate of Captain Plunder. He is incredibly loyal to his captain and even in death has stuck by him through thick and thin. Filch was killed by Plunder himself, but he acknowledges that this was his own fault for taking the last biscuit without asking
. The exact nature of Filch's ghostly aspect is unknown: Sometimes he is just a ghost and cannot touch anything, while sometimes he is a poltergeist and can manipulate his surroundings. Whatever kind of ghost he is, one thing is certain: he is indeed very knowledgeable, having studied books on Plunder's ship, and knowing of some of the Special Zone's more dangerous residents.
- Boom, Headshot: How he died.
- Ghost Pirate
- Non Action Dragon: As he is a ghost he can't touch anything making him unable to fight.
- However, subverted in a later arc where he is revealed to be a poltergeist and can move things around, such as stepping into a safe and opening it from the inside.
- Number Two: He is the first mate.
- Our Ghosts Are Different: In some stories he is a poltergeist.
- Scars Are Forever: His ghost still bears a big hole through the head from the bullet wound that killed him.
- Undying Loyalty: Even after Plunder killed him he is still loyal to him.
Simpson the Cat
An amateur pirate working under Captain Plunder, and is without a doubt one of the most bizarre denizens of Mobius.Resembling black and white cartoon characters of the 1920s, such as Oswald the Lucky Rabbit but mostly Felix the Cat, Simpson is capable of manipulating both himself and his environment at will, mostly for comedic effort. This behaviour can be anything from painting a hole in the floor for an enemy to fall into, shining a light from his eyes after swallowing said light, saluting his fellow crew-members by plucking his ears off his head like a hat and having his eyeballs pop out of their sockets when surprised (which notably disgusts Knuckles). His toon abilities also make him difficult to kill or even slightly injure. While the majority of his behaviour is followed with him being told to shut up, and he regularly irritates Plunder, the Captain keeps him around purely because he's a good cook.
Knuckles The Echidna
A red-furred echidna who lives on the mysterious Floating Island. He is the Guardian of the island, charged with protecting the seven Chaos Emeralds. His dreadlocks allow him to glide for short periods and his spike-knuckled fists can punch through solid rock. Since he has lived most of his life alone, Knuckles can be rather gullible sometimes, though over the course of Sonic the Comic, he has actually become less trusting when it comes to strangers.
- Accidental Misnaming: When he goes to the Nameless Zone with Tails, they think that Sonic is Tails' sidekick rather than the other way around and assume Knuckles must be Sonic. He plays along with it after a while, just because he enjoys the fact that there's one place on Mobius that doesn't hero-worship Sonic.
- Adaptation Dye-Job: His white fur-marking is changed to a metal necklace and his purple eyes are blue.
- Bare-Fisted Monk
- The Dragon:In issues 33 and 34 story "Enter Knuckles" and issues 35 and 36 story "Power of the Chaos Emeralds" Knuckles was Robotnik's dragon until Knuckles realised that Robotnik had been playing him all along, but the echidna had been spinning a lie of his own: he had said that the Grey Emerald - the Control Emerald - had been lost many years ago. In truth, Knuckles had it all along. With the Control Emerald, Knuckles stripped Robotnik of his powers and sent him back to Mobius.
- Genius Bruiser: While not as smart as Porker or Tekno, he is able to understand and use advance echidna technology.
- Icy Blue Eyes
- Immortality Inducer: The Guardian Emerald when Knuckles dies, it would always resurrect him, giving him Resurrective Immortality, but when the Floating Island's systems fell into disrepair most of Knuckles's memories were lost, as such he does not know the fate of his race and for it to work a being from the spiritual plane must be willing to exist in the mortal realm, unfortunately for the Echidnas, and perhaps all of Mobius, the only willing candidate was Vichama, the God of Death.
- I Work Alone: He's lived alone for so long that he is happiest by himself, and is generally not pleased by the numerous invaders and refugees who turn up on his island.
- Jerk with a Heart of Gold: Arguably an even straighter example than Sonic.
- The Plan: Dr. Zachary's escape in 'Prisoner' was planned by him in an attempt to find out the location of his lost race. If the Omnicidal Maniac didn't escape no one would complain.
- Really 8000 Years Old
- Secret Keeper: He keeps the fact Tails is Sonic's sidekick and not the other way around secret from the people of Nameless Zone.
- The Deputy Sheriff: In the story "The Good, The Bad and The Echidna" the Sheriff of Backwater made Knuckles the new deputy sheriff after Deputy Krouch was fired after he was found to watch over a lynch mob hired to kill Knuckles the Echidna.
- Sins of Our Fathers: He is attack by Spirit of the Herd wanting revenge on the Echidnas because they hunted the Kohenyu (an extinct race of dinosaur from the Floating Island) to extinction, they did this by killing only the slowest Kohenyu which where the males, however what the spirit doesn't know and Knuckles has forgotten is that Knuckles was one of the Echidnas that hunted the Kohenyu to extinction making it a subversion.
- Teeth-Clenched Teamwork: Typically between him and Sonic. Though they gain respect for one another and can work together effectively, they remain rivals and never quite become friends.
- Thoroughly Mistaken Identity: The people of Nameless Zone think he is Sonic.
- Time Abyss
- Walking the Earth: Spends some time doing this with a chest full of ancient echidna documents.
Tikal the Echidna
An Echidna from the ancient past who used her magic to summon Sonic to her time. When he appeared, she asked him if there were any echidnas left, but Sonic couldn't bring himself to tell her that other than Knuckles and Doctor Zachary, there were no other echidnas.
Doctor Ovi Kintobor
A kindly scientist from Planet Earth who somehow crash-landed on Mobius. During his time on this planet, he built a laboratory under the Emerald Hill Zone and befriended Sonic the Hedgehog. He made a deal with the hedgehog to collect a number of Chaos Emeralds to be used for his Retro-Orbital Chaos Compressor, in order to make Mobius a paradise free from evil, and in return help the hedgehog become faster. Unfortunately, an unavoidable accident saw him turn into Doctor Ivo Robotnik, ending his life.
An elderly echidna who was the father of Tikal and the leader of the ancient tribe of Echidnas. Over 8000 years ago, the Drakon Empire came to ancient Mobius and took over the sacred Echidna emerald mines in an attempt to find a suitable vessel for their unstable new energy source. This 'Chaos Energy' was insecure, but the Echidnas' emeralds were found to be the ideal container. Pochacamac then ordered his men to recapture the emeralds to save the galaxy from the Drakons. The Drakon Empire then waged war on the Echidnas.
- Adaptational Heroism: Unlike his other counterparts he does not kill Chao he only kills the Drakons that the Echidnas are at war with.
- Deal with the Devil: Pochacamac deliberately made a deal with Vichama, Vichama would be given passage onto the mortal plane, in exchange for helping create The Guardian Emerald to allow Knuckles to become an eternal guardian.
- Spell My Name with an "S":In the games his name is spelled Pachacamac.
- Well-Intentioned Extremist: Pochacamac, who is at least a less dubious character than in other continuities (he does not kill Chao, only Drakons, who are at war with the echidnas anyway) and has a good relationship with Tikal.
Old Sonic/Sonic Clone
An elderly hedgehog who says he is Sonic from fifty years in the future. Who has come to warn the Freedom Fighters: Mobius is doomed, until the Freedom Fighters change their methods soon.
A cat who lives in the Metropolis Zone. She possesses many magical abilities. Her travels have seen her become friends with a pacifist Super Sonic, Sonic the Hedgehog, Knuckles the Echidna and Porker Lewis but her best friend is Pyjamas, a psychic resident of The Neighbourhood.
A gifted - yet somewhat eccentric - psychic from the Metropolis Zone and is best friends with the sorceress Ebony.
Errol Blackthorn is a famed member of the Nameless Zone and a warrior.
- Face Monster Turn: Was turned into a monster by Trogg but after The Dark One was destroyed he change back to normal.
- The Hero: The hero of the Nameless Zone.
- Knight in Shining Armor
- Secret Keeper: He keeps the fact Tails is Sonic's sidekick and not the other way around secret from the people of Nameless Zone.
Morain is an fox and resident of the Nameless Zone. She is the sister of Errol Blackthorn, and has assisted Tails' on two occasions, one of which also saw her fighting alongside Knuckles the Echidna, whom she believes to be Tails' "sidekick" on Mobius, Sonic the Hedgehog.
Professor Frank N. Stein
A stereotypical mad scientist, with green hair and a thick German accent, both of which are fake.
Stein's lab assistant
Chuck D. Head
A reanimated corpse created by Professor Stein.
- I Just Want to Be Normal: Chuck. Or he wants a normal life, anyway
- Improbable Weapon User: Due to an accident during his creation, Chuck's head is imbedded in his torso. He can attack people by extending it outwards to headbutt them with all the force of a truck.
- Or, failing that, he can
hurl chuck Head.
- Our Zombies Are Different: Some people call Chuck a zombie, others peg him as a mummy. Regardless he doesn't hunger for human flesh...in fact, he's quite fond of cheese.
- Unstoppable Rage: Chuck, while normally a nice guy, can descend into this if you're not careful.
- Use Your Head: He attacks people by extending his head outwards to headbutt them with all the force of a truck.
A sentient skull and resident of Castle Frank N. Stein.
- Ascended Extra: Head. In the game he was merely an optional item for Chuck (with no indication of being an actual character), while the comic turns him into a comedic foil of sorts.
- Dem Bones: Head, the talking skull.
- Sickly Neurotic Geek: He is this. Sort of.