There are quite a number of important characters in the
. Naturally, this page is
The Duke of Fidona and one of the biggest idealists on the Sliding Scaleof Idealism Versus Cynicism
. Probably also one of the most clearly heroic characters. Despite being 3rd Tier
, he is constantly made fun of.
A sage from Alacia specializing in Wind Magic, he wanders in search of knowledge. Loyal, honest and kind, to a fault, his Achilles' Heel
is his embarrassment around females.
A member of the Knights Celestia
and one of the strongest people in the world.
Former duchess of Goshen.
A young man of the Nineveh, a tribe of forest Vikings
that are more or less stuck in Dark Age Europe
. Brash, eager, and impossible to get along with, no matter how powerful he becomes he remains one of Skylessia's premier Butt Monkeys
- A Man Is Not a Virgin: Ellis subverted this until Amaranth got her hands on him.
- Awesome but Impractical: Ellis's weapon of choice, Revolution, is a 3 foot long, glorified magically spinning pizza cutter. It doesn't stop him from using it a lot.
- Badass Boast: At least, he tries.
- Barbarian Hero
- Blood Knight
- Blueand Orange Morality
- Book Dumb: Exhibit A.
- Bratty Half-Pint
- Can't Bathe Without a Weapon: He even brought his axes to a wedding.
- Child Soldier: Despite his insistence that he is a full-grown man, Ellis tends to border on this. Contributes greatly to Values Dissonance.
- Deconstruction / Lampshade Hanging: Of kid heroes and shonen protagonists, depending on where on the Mood Whiplash a given post is.
- Despair Event Horizon: Particularly prone to this.
- Fiery Redhead
- Funetik Aksent: "What, y'got a problem with that?!"
- Glacier Waif: Due to being weighed down by all his armor and axes, he is usually more of a Stone Wall than his build would have you believe. The few times he fought without his armor he became a Glass Cannon.
- Hair-Trigger Temper
- Horny Vikings: He and his entire tribe have the helmets to show it.
- I Want to Be a Real Man
- Kid-Appeal Character: Ankle Biter flavor, upgraded from Tagalong Kid.
- Lawful Neutral: Which translates as Chaotic Neutral, due to what constitutes Nineveh 'law'.
- Mood Whiplash
- Mr. Imagination: There is no other way to explain this.◊
- Named Weapons: Banditcleaver, Banditbutcher, Pirateslayer, Woodcleaver, Deerbutcher, Starforged, and Revolution, to name a few. Out of these only Starforged and Revolution are particularly special axes.
- No Social Skills
- Ooh, Me Accent's Slipping: What happens when he tries to speak with an Alacian noble accent.
- Principles Zealot: To a ridiculous degree.
- Proud Warrior Race Guy
- Rated M for Manly: Everything he and Zwingley does together.
- Reckless Sidekick: To Zwingley.
- Red-Headed Hero
- Red Oni, Blue Oni: Red Oni to Erevor, Leon, Niode, and almost everyone else. Blue Oni to Kid Stan.
- Trope Overdosed
- Troubling Unchildlike Behaviour: At 15, the youth age limit for a Skylessia PC, Ellis killed many, many people with barely a second thought, much to the consternation of those who saw him as no more than a child.
- 24-Hour Armor: Utterly played straight, and deconstructed. Non-Nineveh think it's completely bizarre that he wears his armor everywhere he goes.
- Tsundere: Type A
- Unreliable Narrator
- Values Dissonance: With nearly everyone else he talks to.
- Vitriolic Best Buds: Type 2, with Erevor.
- "Well Done, Son!" Guy: His primary motivation during his Sending.
A young woman from the Trenor clan, a small tribe in northern Arad'uun. She's generally calm and easy-going. One of the many women involved with Vadim Itzal.
Mairenn and her prized bow, Soulsinger
Ride The Lightning!
A beautiful, but strong-willed Devlani soldier from the Devlan Supreme Army who rebels and joins James Sromvoski in the historic Devlan Great War. She becomes James's queen after they fall in love during the war.
Aria during her Devlan Army days. Striking.
- Action Girl: "YAAHHHH!!!" *Swings sword*
- Badass Cape: Half a cape
- Cool Sword: After she obtains Exaccus, the shape-shifting, lightning sword of true purple.
- Bare Your Midriff: Only before she obtains her second-tier outfit.
- Tiny Guy, Huge Girl: She's several inches taller than her significant other.
- Battle Couple: Aria & James Sromvoski
- BFS: Big sword
- Boobs of Steel: "It can be assumed that bigger breasts equals greater physical strength..."
- Chainmail Bikini: You just can't help it...
- Disappeared Dad: In the army, but has not been sending letters...
- Good Scars, Evil Scars: Has a clean scar across her face
- Incorruptible Pure Pureness: Unfailingly devoted to the forces of justice and all that is good and right
- Jeanne d'Archétype: Female, Young, Action Girl, Devotion to Greater Cause, Farmgirl, Joined the military
- Lethal Chef: Concocts near deadly creations, despite her enthusiasm.
- Relationship Sue: Aria x James, perfect destiny soul mates.
- Stripperific: Wears sexy, but impractical armor
- Subordinate Excuse: with James Sromvoski/love interest
- The Strategist: Clever army tactician.
- Combat Pragmatist: Killed the steed before the rider, but only because she had no choice.
- You Gotta Have Blue Hair: Purple, her signature color.
- Zettai Ryouiki: ~The area of bare skin between her bike shorts and her thigh highs...
- The Alcoholic: Used to be this after being betrayed by his country, but he got better and vowed to stop drinking again. He's had one drink since, and that was when he thought he was going to freeze to death in a blizzard.
- The Captain: Was this in the Devlani military, before he was blacklisted as an insurrectionist.
- Deadpan Snarker: Doesn't say much, but when he does it sometimes falls into this category.
- Defector from Decadence: Starts speaking out against the oppressive government after a member of his batallion kills an innocent woman. It doesn't go very well.
- Heroic BSOD: Experiences one while living in Valhassa after getting thrown overboard of a ship and left for dead. He gets better.
- Icy Blue Eyes: of the icy and piercing variety.
- The Stoic: Mostly, but lately that's been changing as he's been dealing with Devlan directly.
Norville 'Banks' Banks
ROW ROW FIGHT THE MUNCHIES
The Masked Mistress
Val MaeAlzabez Kerchaj
A major in the Val Mae military and a former arena fighter. Calm, collected, good-humored, and sociable, she is an overall Nice Gal
and befriends people easily.
A Val Maean merchant who looks far more like some sort of barbarian, he is actually a rather wealthy and genteel man. Of course, he does take up mercenary work on the side...
Xun AlartiaVadim Itzal
Skylessia's own resident princess.