Aldis is a former one-time TNA World Heavyweight Champion, two-time TNA World Tag Team Champion (once with Doug Williams and once with Samoa Joe), one-time IWGP Tag Team Champion (with Williams) and one-time GHC Tag Team Champion (with Joe). He is also a one-time Ring Ka King World Heavyweight Champion in TNA's Indian sister promotion Ring Ka King and a one-time GFW Global Champion in Jeff Jarrett's Global Force Wrestling promotion.
Aldis also appeared on the United Kingdom revival of Gladiators, where he was known by the name Oblivion.
"Mag Daddy Tropes":
- Broken Pedestal: Despite his character's revolving door, joining Team Dixie to win the TNA World Heavyweight Championship after spending time with a face New Main Event Mafia in particular practically begged to invoke this trope, which it finally did when ex-Main Event Mafia members started confronting him over the title.
- The Bus Came Back: As part of the two GFW invasion angles, mainly because of him still having a Feast or Fired briefcase and the GFW Global Championship, respectively.
- But for Me, It Was Tuesday: According to himself and his friend Bram, extreme violence such as could be found in Monster's Ball matches was what they typically called a Friday night before becoming wrestlers.
- Canon Name: Not his Brutus name, which was dropped in 2010, but his real-life first name Nick became this in the latter stint of his TNA run.
- Catch-Phrase: As TNA World Heavyweight Champion: "Ladies and gentlemen, this is your champion speaking..."
- Cool Shades: Wore some nifty sunglasses as part of the New Main Event Mafia.
- Deal with the Devil: Joining Team Dixie at Impact Wrestling: Final Resolution 2013 to become World Heavyweight Champion can be seen as this, especially after he spent the entire night alluding to his opponent having done the same thing three years ago with Hulk Hogan and Eric Bischoff's Immortal.
- Dragon-in-Chief: Gradually became this to Dixie Carter. It finally peaked at Lockdown 2014, when his title reign officially outlasted her control of wrestling operations and he outright said in an interview afterwards that she's outlived her usefulness.
- Face–Heel Revolving Door: Since leaving the British Invasion for good, anyway.
- Foreign Wrestling Heel: As part of both The British Invasion and World Elite, both heel factions centered on its members' nationalities. Largely averted in his World Title "Reign of Magnus" Face–Heel Turn; his nationality had nothing to do with why he was a villain anymore, and in fact he even got heat when returning to the UK as Dixie's champion.
- Last-Name Basis: He was introduced as Brutus Magnus but dropped the name Brutus in 2010, aside from a brief stint in Ring Ka King.
- Level Grinding: His over-five-year road to becoming TNA World Heavyweight Champion has consisted of him gradually getting better year by year, both kayfabe and otherwise.
- Nice Hat: During the brief London Brawling run with Desmond Wolfe in 2010 before Wolfe's medical issues caught up to him and ultimately ended his wrestling career.
- Official Couple: Him and Mickie James as of her 2015 return and acknowledgement of their real-life relationship for the storyline involving his split with Bram and subsequent Heel–Face Turn.
- Put on a Bus: Put himself on the bus in 2015 to head to Global Force Wrestling.
- Red Baron: The Modern Day Gladiator (former), The Mag Daddy (current/occasional).
- Sharp-Dressed Man: Part of two straight gimmicks for him, starting in late 2013.
- Small Name, Big Ego: As a heel. Subverted in last heel run in TNA; his ego is no doubt bigger than ever, but so is his name.
- Underwear of Power: He wears the standard wrestling trunks, though he has also wrestled in long tights.