Starcom: The U.S. Space Force was a toyline and short lived cartoon made in 1987 about an astro-brigade operated by the US, to counter the evil emperor Dark and his Shadow Force. Behind the scenes however, the toys, which made use of magnets instead of molded-in pegs and holes, were more popular in Europe and Asia then in the US where it was intended as an attempt by the Young Astronaut council to get kids interested in the space program.
- Absent Aliens: Played with and averted. Someone got those three outside just after they passed out while exploring a city that had been uncovered by a sand-storm.
- Catchphrase: Saying "Power Deploy" was always an indicator that a vehicle was about to transform, or to extend a MacGuffin.
- Cyber Cyclops: The helmets of the Shadow Force's pilots were this.
- Flying Seafood Special: Jovian kites resemble manta rays, and their prey, airwhales, resemble jellyfish.
- World in the Sky: Jupiter has an ecosystem.