A troper with eclectic and diverse interests and far too much time on his hands (less true recently) and a tendency to develop overarching obsessions and a love for polysyndeton. Areas of interest include history, sci-fi, and computer / console games.
Also loves roleplaying (to a limited degree), trivia, quirky metaphors, and neologizing (his favorite neologism to date being "luceferent," meaning "possessing a faint, warm glow"). Has ten million great ideas floating around in his head, if only he had the time to write them all down...
Has noticed that many of the things he likes tend to be a bit obscure and arcane to most other people. This suits him just fine.
One of his pet peeves is duplicate entries.
On the forums, tends to lurk and troll the Writer's Block and Video Games forums. Will occasionally pop in elsewhere, though.
Pages he has created or helped to create, or that have been based on one of his ideas:
- After-Action Report
- Alien Kudzu
- Author Phobia
- Beneath the Mask (launched and cleaned up)
- Bodyguard Betrayal
- Dead Guy on Display
- Deathbed Confession
- Epic Instrumental Opener (launched)
- Fan Remake
- Food End
- Hilarity in Zoos
- Humans Are Leaders
- Infauxmation Desk
- Magic Bus
- Magic Mirror
- Merchant Prince
- A Million is a Statistic
- Mistook the Dominant Lifeform (launched)
- One Nation Under Copyright (launched)
- Protect This House
- Stellar Name
- Succession Game
- Conquest Of Elysium 2
- Ciaphas Cain (with Large Blunt Object)
- Gaunt's Ghosts (with Large Blunt Object)
- Gratuitous Space Battles
- Moonlight Walks
- Panzer General
- Persona 3
- Red Baron (Sort of; the page was already there, but it was a stub describing a random Newgrounds Flash game. Rewrote it to cover the flight sim series after getting prior approval.)
- Sid Meier's Pirates!
- Steel Panthers
- Strange Adventures In Infinite Space
- This Is Madness - Story of the Crumbling Europe (Sort of; page was originally launched by another user, then cut as a stub. I relaunched it with a bit more detail.)
- The Wager
- Warning Forever
Actors / Authors / Artists / Creators
- Asimov's Three Kinds of Science Fiction (launched)
Pages This Troper tries to curate on a semi-regular basis:
- After-Action Report
- Altum Videtur
- Ciaphas Cain and related sub-pages
- Freeware Games
Stuff This Troper Has Done Other Than TV Tropes:
- Created the Encyclopedia Mod v5.0 for Master Of Orion III
- Has written a few After Action Reports for a couple games, including:
- Wrote a few Filks for Urban Dead here (can't vouch for the quality...)
- Author of an as-yet unfinished worldbuilding project in my spare time.
- Sporadic poster on various internet forums
Tropes that apply to this user in some fashion or another:
- Altum Videtur
- Attention Deficit Creator Disorder — Probably the main reason I haven't actually written anything major...
- Brilliant, but Lazy — Sort of—I try to maintain a 4.0 GPA, but I really hate working at things I'm not really that interested in. And writing papers.
- Cloudcuckoolander — I have my moments.
- Collector of the Strange
- Deadpan Snarker
- Madden Into Misanthropy — It hasn't happened yet, and I pray it never does, but it is one of the things I worry about...
- Filk Song — Wrote a few in my Urban Dead days. Don't ask me about them.
- Fan of the Past — Just take a look at my music selection, among other things.
- Fleeting Passionate Hobbies — Though some are more (or less) fleeting than others.
- Forum Pecking Order — Admin of a small Message Board with his Real Life best friend.
- Honor Before Reason
- Ice-Cream Koan — I love to unexpectedly subvert common proverbs and cliches :D
- Mr. Imagination — Not quite as extreme as the trope page would suggest, but I do love to daydream.
- Nice Hat — Like the idea. Shame I have so few...
- Orphaned Series — Just about everything I've worked on has fallen through the cracks for one reason or another.
- Purple Prose — My personal writing style leans toward this, apparently.
- Ridiculous Procrastinator — The trope page could have been lifted directly from my life... with a few exaggerations.
- Serial Tweaker — Getting better, though. (I can't get no worse.)
- Southern Gentleman — The ideal I try to live up to, minus the white sheets.
- Stoic Spectacles — What I aim for.
- Nerd Glasses — How other people probably see them.
- Stuff Blowing Up — Big fan.
- Sweet Tooth
- Troper — No kidding?
- Unlucky Everydude
- Writing by the Seat of Your Pants — Whenever I do write something...
This user enjoys:
- A small and select... selection of Anime
- 4X games
- Police Procedural / Law Procedural / Forensic Drama
- Speculative Fiction (mainly Science Fiction, but I try to keep broad interests)
- Turn-Based Strategy
- Real-Time Strategy
- World history
- Ace Combat
- Battle For Wesnoth
- Calvin And Hobbes
- Codex Alera
- The Day The Earth Stood Still (the original, not the newfangled bastardization...)
- Don Quixote
- Dwarf Fortress
- Full Metal Panic
- Half Life 2
- I, Claudius
- Metal Gear Solid
- Persona 3
- Shin Megami Tensei Nocturne
- War And Peace
- Warhammer 40000 (novels and Dawn Of War only; don't have time or money for the board game)
Authors, Artists, Producers, etc.
- Dan Abnett
- Brave Saint Saturn
- The Beatles
- Electric Light Orchestra
- Havalina Rail Co
- Robert Heinlein
- Buddy Holly
- The Kinks
- CS Lewis
- Sandy Mitchell
- Owl City
- Paradox Interactive
- The Pillows
- Pink Floyd
- Shonen Knife
- The Small Faces
- JRR Tolkien
- They Might Be Giants
- The White Stripes
- The Who