open/close all folders
- Title: Why I'm Not Popular, a possible reference to the latter half of Watamote's English Title. It helps that Takuhiko and Keiichi are basically male versions of Tomoko and Yuu.
- The novel opens with a girl Late for School with a piece of toast in her mouth.
- Takuhiko argues that she towers both Shana and Taiga Aisaka.
- Takuhiko's room is littered with merchandise from Lucky Star and Himouto! Umaru-chan.
- Misery's introduction has him wearing a Marilyn Manson T-shirt.
- One of the girls Takuhiko tries to flirt with wears a Haruhi Suzumiya headband, has a keychain of the Great Dango Family, and has a bento of Pikachu.
- Takuhiko straight out says that Lucky Star is his favorite anime ,along with the girl's phone case. One of her's meanwhile is Black Butler ,much to Takuhiko's chagrin.
- Takuhiko asks is one girl is she's an angel in the Evangelion or Angel Beats! sense. He also asks if she's an alien robot.
- Title: Lost In Google Translation just remove one word and you get a romance movie that happens to involve an American in Japan.
- Takuhiko expresses intrest in joining an Amusement or Service Club.
- Takuhiko refers to Misery as the Edward Scissorhands-looking kid.
- Takuhiko doesn't count the Occult Club from K-On! as one due to dealing with aliens as opposed to magic.
- Two of Google's Translation Trainwreck are references to a famous example of this
- Even the third one is a reference since "The cicadas are trying to eat me" was originally "My favorite anime is Higurashi".
- Neko's story about her past life is basically a rip-off Sailor Moon ,but with cats and bunnies that are a Little Bit Beastly.
- Takuhiko claims to be more attractive than a male Final Fantasy character.
- Title: Master of Idols
- This line is surprisingly the only music reference despite being the introduction of Mai
- Takuhiko wishes Aya was a child teacher like Negi Springfield ,but with the potential for boobs.
- Takuhiko's fake terrorist group is named Cobra Hydra on the spot.
- Cobra Hydra also asks if Mai is a bad enough gal to save the president's....daughter
- Takuhiko compares Aya's acting to the kid in Troll 2.
- Takuhiko says that he got his inspiration from Resident Evil 4. Cue Misery pointing out how Osmond failed giving us the possibility of being a Resident Evil fan.
- Title: The Adorable Omen
- Takuhiko describes the possessed Misery as a male Sadako that isn't a Hermaphrodite.
- He also comments that the only thing that could make his creeper if his eyes were sockets oozing with hyper-realistic blood.
- Neko of all people gives us a brief history of the terms Loli and Shota.
- Takuhiko admits that he thought the Shotaro Kaneda she was talking about was the one from AKIRA.
- Apparently Takuhiko doesn't like Doraemon and Yo Kai Watch.
- Turushno is convinced that Sakutaro should be his consultant similar to the Evil Overlord List.
- Sakutaro claims that girls are the only reason Chipmunks movies keep getting made.