Where the runaways are runnin' the night
Impossible comes true, intoxicatin' you
Oh, this is the greatest show!"
This is the index of all things relating to the circus.
- Amusement Park of Doom: Come one, come all, to the deadliest amusement park in the world!
- Carousel Kidnapping: Child is abducted on or near a carousel.
- Cartoon Juggling: How juggling is portrayed in cartoons.
- Circus Brat: Someone raised in a circus since childhood.
- Circus Episode: Episode of a series focused on characters going to the circus.
- Circus of Fear: A circus powered by Nightmare Fuel.
- Circus Synths: When electronic music is associated with circuses or clowns.
- Clown Car: A tiny vehicle holds way more people than you'd give it credit for.
- Contortionist: A performer with extreme flexibility.
- Cirque du Soleil: Not a trope, but a Real Life famous contemporary circus company.
- Cirque du Soleil Index: A list of productions from said company.
- Conjoined Twins: A common sight at "freak shows", twins joined at the hip or elsewhere.
- Crappy Carnival: A cheap, decrepit carnival more likely than not run to scam people.
- Creepy Circus Music: Carnival music distorted, slowed down, or played in minor key to be creepy—or it's normal, but in circumstance, it's really, really creepy.
- Enemy Mime: A villain or threat who happens to be a mime.
- Ferris Wheel of Doom: A Ferris Wheel breaks away and rolls like a tire.
- Ferris Wheel Date Moment: A couple have a cute moment on the ferris wheel.
- The Freakshow: A sideshow act featuring people with strange or dangerous talents, and people with odd physical deformities or features.
- Girls with Moustaches: Exactly What It Says on the Tin, though included here as another common "freak show" attraction.
- Human Cannonball: Though not restricted to circuses, "firing" someone out of a cannon is a usual stage act in them.
- Knife-Throwing Act: Someone either stands still or is spun on a wheel as another person throws knives at them.
- Over-the-Top Roller Coaster: Roller coasters that are Beyond the Impossible.
- Repulsive Ringmaster: A creepy or downright villainous ringmaster.
- Stage Magician: Fake practitioners of "magic". Nine times out of ten, they were a tuxedo and top hat.
- The Strongman: People who show off their incredible strength for the entertainment of others.
- "Test Your Strength" Game: A carnival game wherein someone strikes a button with a mallet or similar object to ring a bell at the top.
- Tightrope Walking: A performer walks across a tightrope with or without a balancing tool—and hopefully WITH a safety net.
- Tunnel of Love: A carnival ride for couples.
- Win Her a Prize: Love interests go to a carnival, and the guy wants to get his date a prize. He may or may not succeed.
- World's Strongest Man: A circus staple, a man who is stronger than any other, weaker to nothing!
- You Must Be This Tall to Ride: Height requirements for certain rides prove to be a thorn in a character's side.